Jump to content
jnolla

Vega Frontier Edition on High Sierra

742 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, hugeschnauzer said:

 

I've tried both methods..

crashes again in FCPX... :-(

In Unigine tests i see rpm changes 

 

The console error i get is:

 (com.apple.DumpGPURestart): Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 9 seconds.

 

 

 

If you using GM Mojave final  - in my opinion is not good for Vega Cards...maybe you need try use betas developers program ... if you want post your config.plist I will inject for you test (hide your serial number SMBIOS)

 

 

"Fan Speed(%)"=22

"Core Clock(MHz)"=132

"Memory Clock(MHz)"=500

"Fan Speed(RPM)"=1125

"Temperature(C)"=60

 

Im using little bit more quiet fan 

 

... 360114373_CapturadeTela2018-10-26s18_47_24.png.ac42ea5dddfdf1d6f7073d9ff5734035.png

 

Captura de Tela 2018-10-26 às 18.49.21.png

 

1358881437_CapturadeTela2018-10-26s18_53_50.png.e2b3b3f2ef2eac83e2a3033a6e31d4bb.png

Edited by max.1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
2 hours ago, hugeschnauzer said:

 

I've tried both methods..

crashes again in FCPX... :-(

In Unigine tests i see rpm changes 

 

The console error i get is:

 (com.apple.DumpGPURestart): Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 9 seconds.

 

 

 

Okay, this is my final shot on this topic.......

 

First of all, I haven't loaded FCPX in a long long time, but just in case, I decided I would see if I could reproduce your issues.   The short answer is:  I couldn't.

 

Running with the VegaTab_Best kext, I first loaded Bruce X 5K test.  If anything could crash FCPX (10.4.3), this should be able to.  Then I exported it at 5K (5120x2700).  In less than 10 seconds it outputted a complete final movie and it was perfect.  It ran flawlessly.

 

Then I opened an older project, about 2 minutes long.   It was loaded with special effects, color corrections, transforms, 3d text, customized audio, stabilization, etc.  I exported it and again, FCPX flew through it with no problems, and quickly, very quickly produced a final project, and it was, again, flawless.

 

I really don't know what kind of computer you are running, but it appears to me there's more going on with your system than just the graphics card drivers. 

 

At any rate, if my kexts don't work for you, work with Max or CMMChris and use their configurations, and, at this point, just work with them.   On the previous page, CMMChris posted a config that might work for you using the insertion method.....try it!   I can't help you any further than I have.

 

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

VegaTab_Best Lux score.jpg

VegaTab_Best Metal score.jpg

VegaTab_Best Heaven.jpg

Edited by meaganmargaret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

 

Okay, this is my final shot on this topic.......

 

First of all, I haven't loaded FCPX in a long long time, but just in case, I decided I would see if I could reproduce your issues.   The short answer is:  I couldn't.

 

Running with the VegaTab_Best kext, I first loaded Bruce X 5K test.  If anything could crash FCPX (10.4.3), this should be able to.  Then I exported it at 5K (5120x2700).  In less than 10 seconds it outputted a complete final movie and it was perfect.  It ran flawlessly.

 

Then I opened an older project, about 2 minutes long.   It was loaded with special effects, color corrections, transforms, 3d text, customized audio, stabilization, etc.  I exported it and again, FCPX flew through it with no problems, and quickly, very quickly produced a final project, and it was, again, flawless.

 

I really don't know what kind of computer you are running, but it appears to me there's more going on with your system than just the graphics card drivers. 

 

At any rate, if my kexts don't work for you, work with Max or CMMChris and use their configurations, and, at this point, just work with them.   On the previous page, CMMChris posted a config that might work for you using the insertion method.....try it!   I can't help you any further than I have.

 

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

VegaTab_Best Lux score.jpg

VegaTab_Best Metal score.jpg

VegaTab_Best Heaven.jpg

 

Hi Megan! I really appreciate all the help here!
Im very frustrated. I've tried lots of fixes.
Sometimes BruceTest crashes, sometimes Unigine Valley or Adobe premiere adjusting color..
Im getting crazy. really. 
I've tried the another method here. and nothing.
Im in Mojave now, but 10.3.5 is the same.
With RX 580 i had the same issue. Moved to Vega 64 and crash again..
Bios settings, ID's, DSDT's.. nothing can help me.

Asus Prime A Z370 - 8700k

 

I lost tooo many hours trying. Im considering to change my hardware. 
But who is the problem here? Mobo? GPU? Tried remove memory too  .. but no sucess

 

Thank you very much. 

greetings from Brazil

 

Rodrigo

 






 

6 hours ago, max.1974 said:

 

If you using GM Mojave final  - in my opinion is not good for Vega Cards...maybe you need try use betas developers program ... if you want post your config.plist I will inject for you test (hide your serial number SMBIOS)

 

 

"Fan Speed(%)"=22

"Core Clock(MHz)"=132

"Memory Clock(MHz)"=500

"Fan Speed(RPM)"=1125

"Temperature(C)"=60

 

Im using little bit more quiet fan 

 

... 360114373_CapturadeTela2018-10-26s18_47_24.png.ac42ea5dddfdf1d6f7073d9ff5734035.png

 

Captura de Tela 2018-10-26 às 18.49.21.png

 

1358881437_CapturadeTela2018-10-26s18_53_50.png.e2b3b3f2ef2eac83e2a3033a6e31d4bb.png

 

Hi Megan! I really appreciate all the help here!
Im very frustrated. I've tried lots of fixes.
Sometimes BruceTest crashes, sometimes Unigine Valley or Adobe premiere adjusting color..
Im getting crazy. really. 
I've tried the another method here. and nothing.
Im in Mojave now, but 10.3.5 is the same.
With RX 580 i had the same issue. Moved to Vega 64 and crash again..
Bios settings, ID's, DSDT's.. nothing can help me.

Asus Prime A Z370 - 8700k

 

I lost tooo many hours trying. Im considering to change my hardware. 
But who is the problem here? Mobo? GPU? Tried remove memory too  .. but no sucess

 

Thank you very much. 

greetings from Brazil

 

Rodrigo
 

6 hours ago, max.1974 said:

 

If you using GM Mojave final  - in my opinion is not good for Vega Cards...maybe you need try use betas developers program ... if you want post your config.plist I will inject for you test (hide your serial number SMBIOS)

 

 

"Fan Speed(%)"=22

"Core Clock(MHz)"=132

"Memory Clock(MHz)"=500

"Fan Speed(RPM)"=1125

"Temperature(C)"=60

 

Im using little bit more quiet fan 

 

... 360114373_CapturadeTela2018-10-26s18_47_24.png.ac42ea5dddfdf1d6f7073d9ff5734035.png

 

Captura de Tela 2018-10-26 às 18.49.21.png

 

1358881437_CapturadeTela2018-10-26s18_53_50.png.e2b3b3f2ef2eac83e2a3033a6e31d4bb.png

 

 

Hi Man! I really appreciate all the help here!
Im copying/ paste my response to Megan.
Im very frustrated. I've tried lots of fixes.
Sometimes BruceTest crashes, sometimes Unigine Valley or Adobe premiere adjusting color..
Im getting crazy. really. 
I've tried the another method here. and nothing.
Im in Mojave now, but 10.3.5 is the same.
With RX 580 i had the same issue. Moved to Vega 64 and crash again..
Bios settings, ID's, DSDT's.. nothing can help me.

Asus Prime A Z370 - 8700k

 

I lost tooo many hours trying. Im considering to change my hardware. 
But who is the problem here? Mobo? GPU? Tried remove memory too  .. but no sucess

 

Thank you very much. 

 

Tomorrow when i reach the office i will send u for i final test.

 


greetings from Brazil

 

Rodrigo
 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CMMChris said:

No, don't change system files. Might be overwritten by updates. Either inject your PPT by Kext or Clover Device Properties method. Put this inside your Clover config.plist as shown in the screenshot.


<key>Properties</key>
		<dict>
			<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
			<dict>
				<key>PP_DisableClockStretcher</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>PP_DisablePowerContainment</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>PP_DisableVoltageIsland</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable</key>
				<data>
				tgIIAQBcAOEGAADuKwAAGwBIAAAAgKkDAPBJAgCVAAgA
				AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIBXABPAkYClACeAb4AKAF6AIwA
				vAEAAAAAcgIAAJAAqAJtAUMBlwHwSQIAcQICAgAAAAAA
				AAgAAAAAAAAABQAHAAMABQAAAAAAAAABCCADhAO2A88D
				6AMBBAEEAQQBAbYDAQGEAwAIYOoAAABAGQEAAYA4AQAC
				3EoBAAOQXwEABAB3AQAFkJEBAAZssAEABwEIOMEBAAAA
				gAAAAAAAAMDUAQABAAAAAAAAAABI6AEAAgAAAAAAAAAA
				0PsBAAMAAAAAAAAAAFgPAgAEAAAAAAAAAADgIgIABQAA
				AAABAAAAaDYCAAYAAAAAAQAAAPBJAgAHAAAAAAEAAAAA
				BWDqAAAAQBkBAACAOAEAANxKAQAAkF8BAAAACChuAAAA
				LMkAAAH4CwEAAoA4AQADkF8BAAT0kQEABdCwAQAGwNQB
				AAcACGw5AAAAJF4AAAH8hQAAAqy8AAADNNAAAARobgEA
				BQiXAQAG7KMBAAcAAWg8AQAAAQQ8QQAAAAAAUMMAAAAA
				AIA4AQACAACghgEABAAAAQgAmIUAAEC1AABg6gAAUMMA
				AAGAuwAAYOoAAJQLAQBQwwAAAgDhAACUCwEAQBkBAFDD
				AAADeP8AAEAZAQCIJgEAUMMAAARAGQEAgDgBAIA4AQBQ
				wwAABYA4AQDcSgEA3EoBAFDDAAAGAHcBAAB3AQCQXwEA
				UMMAAAeQkQEAkJEBAAB3AQBQwwAAARgAAAAAAAAAC+QS
				AAAoCjcACgBUA5ABkAGQAZABkAGQAZABAAAAAAACAB4H
				3ADcANwALAEAAFkAaQBKAEoAXwBzAHMAZABAAJCSl2CW
				AJBVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAtQwAAACEGDqAAAC
				EA==
				</data>
			</dict>
		</dict>

 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-26 um 20.27.34.jpg

 

This should give you around 28k in Luxmark, 190,000 in Geekbench and a silent card.

Hi Man! I really appreciate all the help here!
im copying/paste my message to Megan.
Im very frustrated. I've tried lots of fixes.
Sometimes BruceTest crashes, sometimes Unigine Valley or Adobe premiere adjusting color..
Im getting crazy. really. 
I've your method here. and nothing.
Im in Mojave now, but 10.3.5 is the same.
With RX 580 i had the same issue. Moved to Vega 64 and crash again..
Bios settings, ID's, DSDT's.. nothing can help me.

Asus Prime A Z370 - 8700k

 

I lost tooo many hours trying. Im considering to change my hardware. 
But who is the problem here? Mobo? GPU? Tried remove memory too  .. but no sucess

 

Thank you very much. 

greetings from Brazil

 

Rodrigo
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hugeschnauzer said:

Hi Man! I really appreciate all the help here!
Im copying/ paste my response to Megan.
Im very frustrated. I've tried lots of fixes.
Sometimes BruceTest crashes, sometimes Unigine Valley or Adobe premiere adjusting color..
Im getting crazy. really. 
I've tried the another method here. and nothing.
Im in Mojave now, but 10.3.5 is the same.
With RX 580 i had the same issue. Moved to Vega 64 and crash again..
Bios settings, ID's, DSDT's.. nothing can help me.

Asus Prime A Z370 - 8700k

 

I lost tooo many hours trying. Im considering to change my hardware. 
But who is the problem here? Mobo? GPU? Tried remove memory too  .. but no sucess

 

Thank you very much. 

 

Tomorrow when i reach the office i will send u for i final test.

 


greetings from Brazil

 

Rodrigo
 

 

 

 

 

Fala Rodrigo meu brother!!!

 

Se precisar podemos conversar em Português!! Precisava saber sua configuração da BIOS, se está usando a aceleração de hardware de sua possível placa HD intel, se seu processador é intel...isso influencia muito nas placas como a AMD RX Vega. 

 

Estou às suas ordens, pode mandar msg privada ou se quiser pega meu WhatsApp...abraços!!! 

 

Max from Brasil :sorcerer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, max.1974 said:

 

Fala Rodrigo meu brother!!!

 

Se precisar podemos conversar em Português!! Precisava saber sua configuração da BIOS, se está usando a aceleração de hardware de sua possível placa HD intel, se seu processador é intel...isso influencia muito nas placas como a AMD RX Vega. 

 

Estou às suas ordens, pode mandar msg privada ou se quiser pega meu WhatsApp...abraços!!! 

 

Max from Brasil :sorcerer:

Fall brother!!! Passando Mal qui cara!!! kkk
Muito obrigado pela ajuda!!
Acabei de fazer um clean install do 10.13.6
Abri o fcpx, carreguei o Brucetest e Pau de novo :-(

Não consegui te passar mensagem privada.

 

Me manda um whats? queria muito poder falar com alguém.!!

 

Muito obrigado mano. Mesmo

abs

Te mandei privado o numero!

valeu

 

Edited by hugeschnauzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pavo said:

Please leave these forums to English only, there are other language forums and also there is PM.

:afro: ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VGTab seems to have some bug. Out of curiosity I tried using a Windows PowerPlay Table and manually adjusted the VGTab generated fan speed and temperature values, leaving the rest default. Fan control now works much better. The delay for the fan spin is gone and fans spin down much faster. The fan control now behaves as it does on Windows. I will keep playing around with this and release some PowerPlay Tables to test once I am done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing folks should keep in mind with Vega 64 cards:  Power!  Vega's draw lots more power than nVidia cards, and a highly driven card could easily exceed 300 Watts.  Think about that when you are configuring your systems, and make sure you have enough power in your system to support these cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

When Nvidia webdriver has come....I have GTX 1080 EVGA keep on my stock to play, and im will see the real of this GPU on macOS... :drool:

 

 

 

Captura de Tela 2018-10-29 às 21.05.32.png

Edited by max.1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CMMChris said:

VGTab seems to have some bug. Out of curiosity I tried using a Windows PowerPlay Table and manually adjusted the VGTab generated fan speed and temperature values, leaving the rest default. Fan control now works much better. The delay for the fan spin is gone and fans spin down much faster. The fan control now behaves as it does on Windows. I will keep playing around with this and release some PowerPlay Tables to test once I am done.

 

I'm keen to see what you come up with. I have a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 that has lovely quiet fans, but some shocking coil whine whenever I scroll webpages, or the source editor in Xcode. It's driving me batty, and making me consider going back to an RX5xx series GPU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, CMMChris said:

VGTab seems to have some bug. Out of curiosity I tried using a Windows PowerPlay Table and manually adjusted the VGTab generated fan speed and temperature values, leaving the rest default. Fan control now works much better. The delay for the fan spin is gone and fans spin down much faster. The fan control now behaves as it does on Windows. I will keep playing around with this and release some PowerPlay Tables to test once I am done.

I agree and came to the same conclusion. VGATab has clearly issues. I do not advise to use it but rather stick to your own bios and modify it accordingly.

I created a Excel-Spreadsheet to modify the fan table based on my bios (Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56) and the Vega Fan Table specification. There is still some funky things going on how apple works with the fan table definition. Apple completely ignores bios settings like fan on / off settings for certain temperatures / speeds. What would be really helpful to get a bios dump from a IMac Pro and see how they have set the powertable.

 

For me the highest goal at the moment is to get a decent fan control.

The way I set the fans now is that they always turn at 800 rpm and are therefore not audible.

What is really strange.... when putting the Vega56 on high load and heating it up.... the fans spin up niceley.... however.... afterwards the fans spin up some more and only then slowly go to the idle speed again.

I have not found yet a way to get fans spin down in a more responsive way.

It seems there is nothing we can do about it, because this is controlled by Apple ATI drivers.

I read in another post that playing a mp4 video spins down fans, which is even weirder.

Maybe someone can write a background process to simulate that behaviour, if it is a workable solution.

Thanks, Mike

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tony Arnold There is nothing you can do about coil whine except for lowering the maximum clock. The coil whine is a hardware issue, not software. The reason you hear it more on macOS is the UI which uses the GPU more heavily than on Windows.

 

@Mike Ranger Not sure yet if I will come up with something. Have some issues with Windows PowerPlay tables that I couldn't solve yet. Regarding the fan spin-up after load: I have this on Windows as well when controlling the card with only a PowerPlay table. This seems to be normal behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have now built one table that works for me with the fan control performing like it does on Windows. Maybe some people want to try it and report to me. Config is stock for OC cards:
GPU 1630MHz 1200mV | MEM 945MHz 1350mV | Target Temp 80°C | Max Fan 2600RPM | Min / Idle 100RPM (= Fan Off)

 

Code for Clover Inject

B6020801 005C00E1 06000090 2C00001B 00480000 0080A903 00F04902 00320008 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000201 5C004F02 46029400 9E01BE00 28017A00 8C00BC01 00000000 72020000 9000A802 6D014301 9701F049 02007102 02020000 00000000 08000000 00000000 05000700 03000500 00000000 00000108 20038403 B603E803 1A044C04 7E04B004 01014605 01018403 000860EA 00000040 19010001 80380100 02DC4A01 0003905F 01000400 77010005 90910100 066CB001 00070108 D04C0100 00008000 00000000 001C8301 00010000 00000000 000070A7 01000200 00000000 00000088 BC010003 00000000 00000000 C0D40100 04000000 00000000 00442302 00050000 00000100 00000058 02000600 00000001 000000B8 7C020007 00000000 01000000 000560EA 00000040 19010000 80380100 00DC4A01 0000905F 01000000 08286E00 00002CC9 000001F8 0B010002 80380100 03905F01 0004F491 010005D0 B0010006 C0D40100 0700086C 39000000 245E0000 01FC8500 0002ACBC 00000334 D0000004 686E0100 05089701 0006ECA3 01000700 01683C01 00000104 3C410000 00000050 C3000000 00008038 01000200 00247101 00050000 01080098 85000040 B5000060 EA000050 C3000001 80BB0000 60EA0000 940B0100 50C30000 0200E100 00940B01 00401901 0050C300 000378FF 00004019 01008826 010050C3 00000440 19010080 38010080 38010050 C3000005 80380100 DC4A0100 DC4A0100 50C30000 06007701 00007701 00905F01 0050C300 00079091 01009091 01000077 010050C3 00000118 00000000 0000000B E4126400 280A4B00 23005403 90019001 90019001 90019001 90010132 00370002 002307F7 00F700F7 00510100 005B0069 004A004A 005F0073 00730064 00400000 00976096 00905500 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0202D430 00000210 60EA0000 0210

Code for Kext

tgIIAQBcAOEGAACQLAAAGwBIAAAAgKkDAPBJAgAyAAgA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIBXABPAkYClACeAb4AKAF6AIwA
vAEAAAAAcgIAAJAAqAJtAUMBlwHwSQIAcQICAgAAAAAA
AAgAAAAAAAAABQAHAAMABQAAAAAAAAABCCADhAO2A+gD
GgRMBH4EsAQBAUYFAQGEAwAIYOoAAABAGQEAAYA4AQAC
3EoBAAOQXwEABAB3AQAFkJEBAAZssAEABwEI0EwBAAAA
gAAAAAAAAByDAQABAAAAAAAAAABwpwEAAgAAAAAAAAAA
iLwBAAMAAAAAAAAAAMDUAQAEAAAAAAAAAABEIwIABQAA
AAABAAAAAFgCAAYAAAAAAQAAALh8AgAHAAAAAAEAAAAA
BWDqAAAAQBkBAACAOAEAANxKAQAAkF8BAAAACChuAAAA
LMkAAAH4CwEAAoA4AQADkF8BAAT0kQEABdCwAQAGwNQB
AAcACGw5AAAAJF4AAAH8hQAAAqy8AAADNNAAAARobgEA
BQiXAQAG7KMBAAcAAWg8AQAAAQQ8QQAAAAAAUMMAAAAA
AIA4AQACAAAkcQEABQAAAQgAmIUAAEC1AABg6gAAUMMA
AAGAuwAAYOoAAJQLAQBQwwAAAgDhAACUCwEAQBkBAFDD
AAADeP8AAEAZAQCIJgEAUMMAAARAGQEAgDgBAIA4AQBQ
wwAABYA4AQDcSgEA3EoBAFDDAAAGAHcBAAB3AQCQXwEA
UMMAAAeQkQEAkJEBAAB3AQBQwwAAARgAAAAAAAAAC+QS
ZAAoCksAIwBUA5ABkAGQAZABkAGQAZABATIANwACACMH
9wD3APcAUQEAAFsAaQBKAEoAXwBzAHMAZABAAAAAl2CW
AJBVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAtQwAAACEGDqAAAC
EA==

Use with PP_DisablePowerContainment = 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CMMChris said:

So I have now built one table that works for me with the fan control performing like it does on Windows. Maybe some people want to try it and report to me. Config is stock for OC cards:
GPU 1630MHz 1200mV | MEM 945MHz 1350mV | Target Temp 80°C | Max Fan 2600RPM | Min / Idle 100RPM (= Fan Off)

 

Code for Clover Inject


B6020801 005C00E1 06000090 2C00001B 00480000 0080A903 00F04902 00320008 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000201 5C004F02 46029400 9E01BE00 28017A00 8C00BC01 00000000 72020000 9000A802 6D014301 9701F049 02007102 02020000 00000000 08000000 00000000 05000700 03000500 00000000 00000108 20038403 B603E803 1A044C04 7E04B004 01014605 01018403 000860EA 00000040 19010001 80380100 02DC4A01 0003905F 01000400 77010005 90910100 066CB001 00070108 D04C0100 00008000 00000000 001C8301 00010000 00000000 000070A7 01000200 00000000 00000088 BC010003 00000000 00000000 C0D40100 04000000 00000000 00442302 00050000 00000100 00000058 02000600 00000001 000000B8 7C020007 00000000 01000000 000560EA 00000040 19010000 80380100 00DC4A01 0000905F 01000000 08286E00 00002CC9 000001F8 0B010002 80380100 03905F01 0004F491 010005D0 B0010006 C0D40100 0700086C 39000000 245E0000 01FC8500 0002ACBC 00000334 D0000004 686E0100 05089701 0006ECA3 01000700 01683C01 00000104 3C410000 00000050 C3000000 00008038 01000200 00247101 00050000 01080098 85000040 B5000060 EA000050 C3000001 80BB0000 60EA0000 940B0100 50C30000 0200E100 00940B01 00401901 0050C300 000378FF 00004019 01008826 010050C3 00000440 19010080 38010080 38010050 C3000005 80380100 DC4A0100 DC4A0100 50C30000 06007701 00007701 00905F01 0050C300 00079091 01009091 01000077 010050C3 00000118 00000000 0000000B E4126400 280A4B00 23005403 90019001 90019001 90019001 90010132 00370002 002307F7 00F700F7 00510100 005B0069 004A004A 005F0073 00730064 00400000 00976096 00905500 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0202D430 00000210 60EA0000 0210

Code for Kext


tgIIAQBcAOEGAACQLAAAGwBIAAAAgKkDAPBJAgAyAAgA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIBXABPAkYClACeAb4AKAF6AIwA
vAEAAAAAcgIAAJAAqAJtAUMBlwHwSQIAcQICAgAAAAAA
AAgAAAAAAAAABQAHAAMABQAAAAAAAAABCCADhAO2A+gD
GgRMBH4EsAQBAUYFAQGEAwAIYOoAAABAGQEAAYA4AQAC
3EoBAAOQXwEABAB3AQAFkJEBAAZssAEABwEI0EwBAAAA
gAAAAAAAAByDAQABAAAAAAAAAABwpwEAAgAAAAAAAAAA
iLwBAAMAAAAAAAAAAMDUAQAEAAAAAAAAAABEIwIABQAA
AAABAAAAAFgCAAYAAAAAAQAAALh8AgAHAAAAAAEAAAAA
BWDqAAAAQBkBAACAOAEAANxKAQAAkF8BAAAACChuAAAA
LMkAAAH4CwEAAoA4AQADkF8BAAT0kQEABdCwAQAGwNQB
AAcACGw5AAAAJF4AAAH8hQAAAqy8AAADNNAAAARobgEA
BQiXAQAG7KMBAAcAAWg8AQAAAQQ8QQAAAAAAUMMAAAAA
AIA4AQACAAAkcQEABQAAAQgAmIUAAEC1AABg6gAAUMMA
AAGAuwAAYOoAAJQLAQBQwwAAAgDhAACUCwEAQBkBAFDD
AAADeP8AAEAZAQCIJgEAUMMAAARAGQEAgDgBAIA4AQBQ
wwAABYA4AQDcSgEA3EoBAFDDAAAGAHcBAAB3AQCQXwEA
UMMAAAeQkQEAkJEBAAB3AQBQwwAAARgAAAAAAAAAC+QS
ZAAoCksAIwBUA5ABkAGQAZABkAGQAZABATIANwACACMH
9wD3APcAUQEAAFsAaQBKAEoAXwBzAHMAZABAAAAAl2CW
AJBVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAtQwAAACEGDqAAAC
EA==

Use with PP_DisablePowerContainment = 1

hi CMMChris, you have a guide on using clover to do the 'clover inject'?  Also, I have to remove the VegaTab_64.kext from efi/clover/kext/other, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please check posts above for the clover inject. But if you are already using a Kext you can place the PPT inside of it. Just overwrite the VGTab generated one.

Edited by CMMChris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CMMChris said:

Please check posts above for the clover inject. But if you are already using a Kext you can place the PPT inside of it. Just overwrite the VGTab generated one.

 

Didn't produce good results.  The coil while was way worse than before, although the fan was quiet.  Didn't try stressing the GPU.  Quickly went back to your previous kext to be safe - VegaTab_64.kext. Just in case - I'm on a reference ASRock Vega 64 (PG X R RX VEGA 64 8G)

 

How I tested:

1\ Open Terminal and navigate to your kext - VegaTab_64.kext

2\ cd inside the Kext\Contents and vi Info.plist

3\ scroll to end of file where your original table is and replace with new table

4\ save, quit, reboot

 

Wasn't sure if I was supposed to modify clocks.txt or not.

Edited by douirc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I created a PowerPlayTable Generator in Excel based on a Windows PowerPlayTable. Offers much more settings than VGTab. This works great for me. You guys can play around with different settings. The Preset is an OC card stock configuration with lower voltage and overclocked memory. Should work fine for all cards.

 

To use the data, paste the hex code into an editor, get rid of line breaks and spaces and then insert it into your Clover config or the Kext files info.plist using a plist editor like Xcode (will automatically convert it into the base64 encoded data).

 

(FILE DELETED, NEW VERSION HERE!)

Edited by CMMChris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im felling good changes in new Mojave update!!! Build 18B75

 

"Fan Speed(%)"=14

"Core Clock(MHz)"=1619

"Memory Clock(MHz)"=1045

"Fan Speed(RPM)"=719

"Temperature(C)"=61

 

1390702770_CapturadeTela2018-10-31s00_04_17.thumb.png.580e3434240726ae07d1ab1aeed6cf2b.png850741497_CapturadeTela2018-10-31s00_01_36.png.f186072c7dddd3415bf813be3c7ee030.png247542542_CapturadeTela2018-10-31s00_01_12.png.b33887f186cc5d8c0e5aaece3627c1af.png765870523_CapturadeTela2018-10-31s00_07_46.png.af43fb7a70a950d040c0c700f1398f37.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CMMChris said:

I created a PowerPlayTable Generator in Excel based on a Windows PowerPlayTable. Offers much more settings than VGTab. This works great for me. You guys can play around with different settings. The Preset is an OC card stock configuration with lower voltage and overclocked memory. Should work fine for all cards.

 

To use the data, paste the hex code into an editor, get rid of line breaks and spaces and then insert it into your Clover config or the Kext files info.plist using a plist editor like Xcode (will automatically convert it into the base64 encoded data).

vega64-mac-pp_table-gen.xlsx

super cool, thanks for sharing!  so you just change the values in column AF to produce the hex table, then convert to base64 and upload to kext.  my next challenge, understanding the rhyme/reason for the values in column AF :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, max.1974 said:

Im felling good changes in new Mojave update!!! Build 18B75

This mean 10.14.1 supports Vega 64 OOTB?  No more playing with PowerTables?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×