Jump to content
About Just Joined group Read more... ×
jnolla

Vega Frontier Edition on High Sierra

746 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, zozomester said:

My hardware is:     :apple: Mac Pro 2009-5.1, 12 x Xeon X5690 3,46Ghz, 64Gb 1333MHZ, Amfeltec Squid with 4x Toshiba XG5 256GB M.2 SSDs, Kingston HyperX Predator SSD M.2 + HHHL PCIe adapter 960GB (System Disk), Sapphire Vega64 Limited Edition, Inateck KT4004 USB 3.0, Wifi AC/BT4.0

 

My System:   Macos 10.13.6

 

 

Thank You!

 

Basically you need use with your setting as you want, and insert PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable and codes on RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext 

 

Try install with kext utility this:

 

Silent Fan: already inserted settings...

RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext.zip

 

After install and before restart your Mac  run in terminal this command:

 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

 

Restart and enjoy...

 

If not work or you need another settings, you can call me on pm :wink_anim:!! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
5 minutes ago, max.1974 said:

 

Basically you need use with your setting as you want, and insert PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable and codes on RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext 

 

Try install with kext utility this:

 

Silent Fan: already inserted settings...

RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext.zip

 

After install and before restart your Mac  run in terminal this command:

 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

 

Restart and enjoy...

 

If not work or you need another settings, you can call me on pm :wink_anim:!! 

 

 

Ok, Thank! Tomorrow I try and write ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zozomester said:

Ok, Thank! Tomorrow I try and write ...

 

Use only High Sierra 10.13.6 like you said... :thumbsup_anim:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I have a perfect driver in Windows, but in trying to convert the values from Windows to Mac, I can't find PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable in the registry for my XFX Vega 64 air cooled unit.

 

If I could find it, I'm sure I can use the process Iodine131 identified to convert it.  I've looked very extensively and I can't find it, no matter how long I look.

 

The only value that I've found that's even close is PP_PhmSoftWTable, and it's clearly not the same.

 

Any thoughts out there?

Edited by meaganmargaret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Pavo, thanks for NOT answering my question.   That was really really helpful....

 

And, just as an aside, you can check out which Vega 64 cards are recommended by Apple for their external GPU configurations.....https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208544

 

My, how odd that they recommend an XFX Vega 64.....and no, Developer or legend or whatever you are, I don't care....

Edited by meaganmargaret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Well, Pavo, thanks for NOT answering my question.   That was really really helpful....

 

And, just as an aside, you can check out which Vega 64 cards are recommended by Apple for their external GPU configurations.....https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208544

 

My, how odd that they recommend an XFX Vega 64.....and no, Developer or legend or whatever you are, I don't care....

Just gonna point out that these GPUs are only recommended in a "external" GPU configuration. Which we all, assuming yourself knows that we are not using a "external" GPU configuration. My point was its a known fact that XFX GPUs have always had issues in internal GPU configuration in macOS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 4:03 AM, RandomTech said:

 

 

So, again, this has nothing to do with the question I asked.   Please go away and fight with someone else over XFX hardware.  

 

As for the XFX not working with macOS, mine works just fine.  I've had it in High Sierra and Mojave - I'm just trying to fine tune it, but as for any major problems, there just haven't been any.....I was hoping to improve it by using the parameters in the Windows driver, but maybe I'll just post elsewhere.....

 

Does anyone want to attempt to answer my question?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 7:05 PM, meaganmargaret said:

 

So, again, this has nothing to do with the question I asked.   Please go away and fight with someone else over XFX hardware.  

 

As for the XFX not working with macOS, mine works just fine.  I've had it in High Sierra and Mojave - I'm just trying to fine tune it, but as for any major problems, there just haven't been any.....I was hoping to improve it by using the parameters in the Windows driver, but maybe I'll just post elsewhere.....

 

On 10/10/2018 at 5:18 PM, meaganmargaret said:

Okay, I have a perfect driver in Windows, but in trying to convert the values from Windows to Mac, I can't find PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable in the registry for my XFX Vega 64 air cooled unit.

 

If I could find it, I'm sure I can use the process Iodine131 identified to convert it.  I've looked very extensively and I can't find it, no matter how long I look.

 

The only value that I've found that's even close is PP_PhmSoftWTable, and it's clearly not the same.

 

Any thoughts out there?

 

Does anyone want to attempt to answer my question?   

 

Hi @meaganmargaret its true!!! Im not find too PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable in the regedit... its because PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable exist only in BIOS. Some guys find a away to copy PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable directly from BIOS, but have some especie that security mode, so im not know if is possible change the values...another guys was create a regedit file .reg and just insert in regedit...im not sure if works in models like mine and yours...

 

Maybe some cards not have same registry on regedit. My card Gigabyte not have, im expend hours looking, and nothing... its binary number, and since now im not find too...

 

My Bios have but you will need see how to find...

 

BUT...:sorcerer:

 

See this video, maybe you are understand a little bit... and find a away ...

 

 

This guys only change those BIOS and reinsert on GPU.

 

Im think is too much risk...so im use only in kext or Clover...

 

Its sounds like proposital that we not have windows registry to copy or compare ...

 

BUT ... im sure that the "normal" settings you can copy if you use Windows, and with GPU-Z, save the BIOS and make the changes like video above... my card already on warranty and im not change anything... other think is you will need some boring apps in windows like Bios reader, find PP_ and copy then to your info.plist kext...

 

Just use iHex and copy setting directly to iHex and not need find space etc... 

 

:wink_anim: :brr: 

 

 

Edited by max.1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, Max!!! 

 

I mean, it works now, and it's not bad, but I'd just like to tune it a bit, and the Windows version of the driver is just a little better, so I thought I'd take a shot at seeing if I could convert it.

 

Again, thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Thank you, Max!!! 

 

I mean, it works now, and it's not bad, but I'd just like to tune it a bit, and the Windows version of the driver is just a little better, so I thought I'd take a shot at seeing if I could convert it.

 

Again, thank you very much!

 

Oh great...!!! Did you find it? Show me a away, please...!!! :w00t:

Edited by max.1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 4:27 PM, wyhtc said:

This is my way,copy the info.plist from AMD10000Controller.kext,and make a kext injector. Put it in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other,and it works。。For example,I upload a kext,

Core: 1442MHz/1075mV ,Memory: 1045MHz/1075mV,Temp target: 57,Idle fan: 700rpm.

RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext.zip

Hi, I found a link to Your kext on Tonymacx86 and I use it to reduce the fan speed of my Vega64. But while using this kext my Final Cut Pro X is crashing. When I remove it, it works fine, but noisy ... It is probably due to being a different GPU than Yours. The question is how can I adapt it to my GPU? My knowledge in this field is very limited ...

I was looking at the info.plist and couldn't find any figures similar to the values in MHz or mV ...

Could You help me please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all!

 

I too had fan issues with the Vega 64 on Mojave and have edited my AMD10000Controller.kext to insert PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable as suggest around page 6 (I'll attached the one I used) and is working well however I'm worried it may be slightly different for my particular card? Would this cause any issues? 

 

I have a Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 with i7 8700(non K).

 

Thank you in advance!

 

 

AMD10000Controller.kext.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ICULikeMac said:

Hello all!

 

I too had fan issues with the Vega 64 on Mojave and have edited my AMD10000Controller.kext to insert PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable as suggest around page 6 (I'll attached the one I used) and is working well however I'm worried it may be slightly different for my particular card? Would this cause any issues? 

 

I have a Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 with i7 8700(non K).

 

Thank you in advance!

 

 

AMD10000Controller.kext.zip

 

Hi my friend, what is your system ? Maybe you could try this settings:

 

 1642MHz/1150mV, Memory: 1045MHz/1075mV, SOC: 1199MHz, Temp target: 75, Idle fan: 1000rpm

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, first and foremost, thank you to everyone who has contributed. Great information.

 

Here is my issue:

I used your patched ATI10000 kext @max.1974 and the fans seemed to be fixed on my Vega 64 but all of a sudden, my Vega GPUTach lights all light up and macOS freezes (I assume the gpu gets too hot) and the system is unusable and I have to force shut down. I don't want to cause any damage to the card but is anyone experiencing the same? Any fixes?

 

I also have my Vega 64 displaying output through DisplayPort 1.2 and I upped the refresh rate to 100hz. Refresh rate is stable and smooth. No issues there.

Edited by delioroman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, delioroman said:

Hey guys, first and foremost, thank you to everyone who has contributed. Great information.

 

Here is my issue:

I used your patched ATI10000 kext @max.1974 and the fans seemed to be fixed on my Vega 64 but all of a sudden, my Vega GPUTach lights all light up and macOS freezes (I assume the gpu gets too hot) and the system is unusable and I have to force shut down. I don't want to cause any damage to the card but is anyone experiencing the same? Any fixes?

 

I also have my Vega 64 displaying output through DisplayPort 1.2 and I upped the refresh rate to 100hz. Refresh rate is stable and smooth. No issues there.

 

Hi @delioroman thanks a lot for your post.... 

 

I need know whats of my settings you used ... if you can quot for know how im appreciated...if was that yellow its not good for macOs, however...works like charm in Windows...

 

Try use this settings, is very stable:

 

B6020801 005C00E1 060000EE 2B00001B 00480000 0080A903 00F04902 008E0008 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000201 5C004F02 46029400 9E01BE00 28017A00 8C00BC01 00000000 72020000 9000A802 6D014301 9701F049 02007102 02020000 00000000 08000000 00000000 05000700 03000500 00000000 00000108 84038403 B603E803 1A044C04 60047E04 01013304 01018403 000860EA 00000040 19010001 80380100 02DC4A01 0003905F 01000400 77010005 90910100 0650BD01 00070108 D04C0100 00008000 00000000 00448D01 00010000 00000000 0000DCC7 01000200 00000000 00000098 FC010003 00000000 00000000 D81B0200 04000000 00000000 00F44002 00050000 00000100 00001C64 02000600 00000001 00000068 81020007 00000000 01000000 000560EA 00000040 19010000 80380100 00DC4A01 0000905F 01000000 08286E00 00002CC9 000001F8 0B010002 80380100 03905F01 0004F491 010005D0 B0010006 38C10100 0700086C 39000000 245E0000 01FC8500 0002ACBC 00000334 D0000004 686E0100 05089701 0006B0AD 01000700 01683C01 00000104 3C410000 00000050 C3000000 00008038 01000200 00349801 00040000 01080098 85000040 B5000060 EA000050 C3000001 80BB0000 60EA0000 940B0100 50C30000 0200E100 00940B01 00401901 0050C300 000378FF 00004019 01008826 010050C3 00000440 19010080 38010080 38010050 C3000005 80380100 DC4A0100 DC4A0100 50C30000 06007701 00007701 00905F01 0050C300 00079091 01009091 01000077 010050C3 00000118 00000000 0000000B E412D007 24134B00 0A005403 90019001 90019001 90019001 90010000 00000002 04310790 01900190 01900100 00590069 004A004A 005F0073 00730064 00400090 92976096 00905500 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0202D430 00000210 60EA0000 0210

 

"Fan Speed(%)"=31

"Core Clock(MHz)"=1629

"Memory Clock(MHz)"=1045

"Fan Speed(RPM)"=1542

"Temperature(C)"=75

Edited by max.1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2018 at 1:24 AM, max.1974 said:

 

Its almost same BIOS my friend, so try this kext that im post. That gave me quiet fans, and good bench scores...

Back up your kext, install with Kext Utility, and run this command in Terminal after kext finish to install:

 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

 

Restart/Reboot...

Enjoy...:wink_anim:

 

MOD AMD 10000 10.14 GM.zip

 

PS: The VGTab-en.app to me is completely fake... kkkkkk  its a Joke for someone who created...not change the settings...doesnt matter what I do...

 

Look at this BIOS settings its for XFX...

 

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/200858/200858 

 

 

 

 

 

This is the patched kext I am using. It's your GM modified kext @max.1974. I am on Mojave 10.14.

 

This is my Vega 64 card that I'm using:

 

https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1503544206

 

DisplayPort and HDMI ports all work perfectly. Audio works perfectly as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, delioroman said:

 

This is the patched kext I am using. It's your GM modified kext @max.1974. I am on Mojave 10.14.

 

This is my Vega 64 card that I'm using:

 

https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1503544206

 

DisplayPort and HDMI ports all work perfectly. Audio works perfectly as well.

 

Hi my friend, backup your kext and try use this...

 

MOD AMD 10000 10.14 GM 1630 2000rpm.zip Very awesome stable on Mojave beta 2 and High Sierra.

 

Im use Mojave Developer Program Beta 2 (its out after Movaje GM), and im feeling thats better than Mojave GM for stable use for RX Vega . 

 

MOD AMD 10000 10.14 GM 1630 700rpm.zip More quiet fan but just a little bit...

Edited by max.1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, delioroman said:

Thanks my friend @max.1974! I will give it a shot later today and I'll report back with my results. Do you think this will fix the sudden overheat of the Vega 64? 

 

Very Nice @delioroman!!! Im been using with this settings a little while, and in "normal" tasks im not have any issue...but is always better check the temperature, my friend!!!

 

Good hack!!! Use 2000 rpm first, im use only this settings ... 

 

:D

 

Edited by max.1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

08DC4DB0845104D59C86B938535520D5.thumb.jpg.095f67988836b9520aad91bc22d3d95b.jpg

 

Please Check this GPUTach LED. Compared with Windows, I can see it flicker abnormality in Mac OSX. Anyone has idea??

 

But, when I open a video with Quicktime, GPUTach LED works great. It is just confusing.

Edited by Yangbe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

×