jnolla

Vega Frontier Edition on High Sierra

726 posts in this topic

Hi every one, i have got a big problem, recently update to 10.14.1 beta and in some manipulations i was deleting my original AMD10000Controller, so if every one can give me an original AMD10000Controller kext file of the new apple 10.14.1 beta.

Thanks in advance, Chris.

Advertisement
16 minutes ago, Xplisite said:

Hi every one, i have got a big problem, recently update to 10.14.1 beta and in some manipulations i was deleting my original AMD10000Controller, so if every one can give me an original AMD10000Controller kext file of the new apple 10.14.1 beta.

Thanks in advance, Chris.

Here we go...

Im post the original and the Modified...is very good and quiet...

:P

AMD 10000 ORIGINAL BETA 1.zip

Mac-Pro-de-Christian:~ mojave$ /Users/mojave/Desktop/fan.command ; exit;

"Fan Speed(%)"=14

"Fan Speed(RPM)"=705

"Temperature(C)"=47

783040909_CapturadeTela2018-09-25s22_20_23.thumb.png.eb69d38e5f1e2b88ae796dbb43e324fc.png

Edited by max.1974

1 hour ago, max.1974 said:

Here we go...

Im post the original and the Modified...is very good and quiet...

:P

AMD 10000 ORIGINAL BETA 1.zip

Mac-Pro-de-Christian:~ mojave$ /Users/mojave/Desktop/fan.command ; exit;

"Fan Speed(%)"=14

"Fan Speed(RPM)"=705

"Temperature(C)"=47

783040909_CapturadeTela2018-09-25s22_20_23.thumb.png.eb69d38e5f1e2b88ae796dbb43e324fc.png

Thanks Max for your help, but after change the kext i have an error to load kernel cache (0x1), now i am going to try to rebuil the kernel cache in recovery mode but no luck for the moment.... :(

50 minutes ago, Xplisite said:

Thanks Max for your help, but after change the kext i have an error to load kernel cache (0x1), now i am going to try to rebuil the kernel cache in recovery mode but no luck for the moment.... :(

Hi Chris...so sorry man!! :o

How command you using?  How you change the kext? With app like Kext Utility ? 

Try this in Terminal: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / 

Than Reboot/Restart...cross fingers...dont give up!!

If is possible, show me your configurations from boot in Clover Panel...

Edited by max.1974

3 hours ago, michaelmms said:

Has anyone Clover with high res (4K)?

I am using DP on my Gigabyte Vega 64.

Clover hi res only works on HDMI port. But on HDMI I have only 30Hz.

Any idea?

THX

:no:

Thx, is it possible to get HDMI 4K @ 60Hz? Here Hdmi will only run at 30Hz....

UPDATE: Solution

Connect display via HDMI

Terminal:

sudo bash

nano /System/Library/Extensions/AMD10000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Under aty_config add

<key>CFG_USE_HDMI20</key>
                                <true/>

Save and exit.

touch /System/Library/Extensions; kextcache -update-volume /

reboot

Edited by michaelmms

I use [ VGTab-en.app ] in the attachment below to generate data like this,

image.thumb.png.1f4eccf90ced7d30e4947edb7533e72a.png

image.thumb.png.74ebbc571d317ff3f62d1b4e171d2fc2.png

--------------------------------------------

and it is different from others do like below, I don't know what is right , and I don't how to generate data like this.

image.thumb.png.af7f51bfcd424bc8bc6ac2f576ba962b.png

VGTab-en.app.zip

3 hours ago, darkkart said:

Not yet ! Looking for method now! And anyone can offer some kext to test?? The Card is XFX Vega 64 air cooling

Its almost same BIOS my friend, so try this kext that im post. That gave me quiet fans, and good bench scores...

Back up your kext, install with Kext Utility, and run this command in Terminal after kext finish to install:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Restart/Reboot...

Enjoy...:wink_anim:

MOD AMD 10000 10.14 GM.zip

PS: The VGTab-en.app to me is completely fake... kkkkkk  its a Joke for someone who created...not change the settings...doesnt matter what I do...

Look at this BIOS settings its for XFX...

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/200858/200858 

Edited by max.1974

On 9/28/2018 at 8:09 AM, darkkart said:

Could you tell me how to do this or show  more details ? Thanks

Im try use this, but is not easy to do... and not good in my hardware. Not run smooth...

EDIT: with beta 1 and 2 from Mojave Beta Developer Program, after Mojave GM was better, and im recommend use this in Clover now!!! 

You need download this and drag and drop to Terminal gfxutil (103kb Unix exec), and type: -f gfx0 and hit enter

https://github.com/acidanthera/gfxutil/releases/download/1.76b/gfxutil-1.76b.zip 

Or download here:

gfxutil-1.76b.zip

Depends for your hardware and so, copy like mine not help you...you need generate your Path...unique!!

After that is show something like that:

497997057_CapturadeTela2018-09-28s11_43_36.png.44cc49fa48cfd6f14db014715a1bf3e3.png

@MaLd0n give all force to do that...and fix some duplicates gfx0 on my DSDT, so maybe you need that help from MalD0n...(this great guy) Don't forget the BEERS for him...:thumbsup_anim:

YOU REALLY NEED DELETED DUPLICATE GFX0 IN YOUR DSDT...OR NOT WILL RECOGNIZED FOR KEXT AMD10000CONTROLLER.KEXT

Copy the DevicePath and add with + in Clover>Devices>Properties... like picture..

Run Olarila command to reset you Nvram:

Olarila.command.zip

Restart... not use kext modified just original...

Cross your fingers...

477284293_CapturadeTela2018-09-28s11_49_53.thumb.png.7b5668da5bb8856839b2d7f81a7efc32.png

To me its not run smooth...so im prefere my mod kext...is the best...to me

I hope so you enjoy this post your results...

All credits is to @MaLd0n...:P

Edited by max.1974

Damn, I expected Mojave to improve things for me. Instead, they got worse.

1st: Getting random freezes when using the PowerPlayTable on Mojave. Without it (stock driver config) no Freezes occur but fan is at full speed all the time as on High-Sierra.
2nd: Performance went down significantly. For example in Mission Control there is some stutter every now and then and when running this WebGL test I get a stutter (18 - 23fps) from 5000 fishes. On High-Sierra my Hackintosh was running the 30.000 fishes smooth. My MacBook Pro 2014 with Iris Pro graphics runs 5000 fishes smooth. Also can confirm the performance degradation with some benchmarks:
- Cinebench down to 124fps (High Sierra: 170fps)
- Geekbench OpenCL down to 164,000 (High Sierra: 193,000)

Already did a clean install of Mojave two times, doesn't change anything. I don't get what's causing those issues for me...

Edited by CMMChris

On 9/26/2018 at 9:40 PM, michaelmms said:

<key>CFG_USE_HDMI20</key>

Its possible make one similar for DisplayPort? Because when we watch YouTube, for example, not have 4k option (but  in Windows run at 4k) ... using this patch,  are you have 4k in applications with HDMI ? Tks!! :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, max.1974 said:

Its possible make one similar for DisplayPort? Because when we watch YouTube, for example, not have 4k option (but  in Windows run at 4k) ... using this patch,  are you have 4k in applications with HDMI ? Tks!! :rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with this option. You need to use Chrome if you want to watch YouTube in 4k. Safari and Firefox don't support it on macOS.

9 hours ago, max.1974 said:

Hi my friend, could you explain what it is, and how to know about 30.000 fishes smooth? :surprised:

I linked the WebGL app in my post. You can run it on your machine and check if you have the same issue. On High Sierra I was able to pull the amount of fishes up to the maximum without getting below 20fps. Now on Mojave it performs bad on 5000 fishes which is a worse result than my MacBook Pro with Iris Pro graphics.

Regarding my freezing issue: I was able to nail it down to specific frequency settings. I was using the 1442MHz PPTable since it eliminated the coil whine for me. But it seems like Mojave doesn't like it. I now switched to a higher clock and it doesn't freeze. But now I have that loud coil whine every time something moves on the screen. *Sigh*

@okrasit Any idea why the 1442 causes freezes? It actually doesn't cause the whole system to freeze, just the screen freezes. Music is still being played and I can move the mouse but besides of that nothing happens on the screen. Videos stop, can't move windows or click anything. Really strange.

41 minutes ago, CMMChris said:

This has nothing to do with this option. You need to use Chrome if you want to watch YouTube in 4k. Safari and Firefox don't support it on macOS.

I linked the WebGL app in my post. You can run it on your machine and check if you have the same issue. On High Sierra I was able to pull the amount of fishes up to the maximum without getting below 20fps. Now on Mojave it performs bad on 5000 fishes which is a worse result than my MacBook Pro with Iris Pro graphics.

Regarding my freezing issue: I was able to nail it down to specific frequency settings. I was using the 1442MHz PPTable since it eliminated the coil whine for me. But it seems like Mojave doesn't like it. I now switched to a higher clock and it doesn't freeze. But now I have that loud coil whine every time something moves on the screen. *Sigh*

@okrasit Any idea why the 1442 causes freezes? It actually doesn't cause the whole system to freeze, just the screen freezes. Music is still being played and I can move the mouse but besides of that nothing happens on the screen. Videos stop, can't move windows or click anything. Really strange.

Safari absolutely supports watching 4k videos on YouTube.

7 hours ago, Pavo said:

Well, then kindly provide me with a tutorial about how to enable it. This would help a LOT of people out there. Thanks in advance.

12 hours ago, CMMChris said:

Well, then kindly provide me with a tutorial about how to enable it. This would help a LOT of people out there. Thanks in advance.

Try this:

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

20 hours ago, Pavo said:

Not since Google switched to VP9 codec :wacko:

23 hours ago, Pavo said:

Are you get 4k with your AMD? Its possible you explain how you get it with Hack? Tks