Lenovo Y520 help

ptcptc

8 posts in this topic

Hello, i am in need of help.

I have a Lenovo Y520 i7 7700hq with working hd630 intel hd graphics.

I have only 2 things to make for the best hackintosh experience on this laptop:

-sleep(i will detail after)

-Backlight buttons

SLEEP: the laptop sleeps, but when i wake it, it wakes on login screen and reboots after 1 second. I know it's from the hd630, but it s there any solution? i can post a log or something if anyone can help!

BACKLIGHT BUTTONS: the problem is that backlight control works from display settings. but Brightness from keyboard doesn't work. it is there any way i can map the acpi buttons?

Thank you very much.

• 1 month later...

ptcptc, i've recently bought that laptop, would you be so kind to post/send me your EFI/CLOVER folder (config.plist, kexts....) and tell me how do you enabled sound/trackpad etc successfully?

i can boot osx right now, with integrated graphics OK (not so difficult with lilu+intelgraphics) but no working sound, trackpad, sleep etc... i'm currently trying to patch DSDTs.

Thanks in advance!

• 5 months later...

Hello, i am in need of help.

I have a Lenovo Y520 i7 7700hq with working hd630 intel hd graphics.

I have only 2 things to make for the best hackintosh experience on this laptop:

-sleep(i will detail after)

-Backlight buttons

SLEEP: the laptop sleeps, but when i wake it, it wakes on login screen and reboots after 1 second. I know it's from the hd630, but it s there any solution? i can post a log or something if anyone can help!

BACKLIGHT BUTTONS: the problem is that backlight control works from display settings. but Brightness from keyboard doesn't work. it is there any way i can map the acpi buttons?

Thank you very much.

ptcptc, i've recently bought that laptop, would you be so kind to post/send me your EFI/CLOVER folder (config.plist, kexts....) and tell me how do you enabled sound/trackpad etc successfully?

i can boot osx right now, with integrated graphics OK (not so difficult with lilu+intelgraphics) but no working sound, trackpad, sleep etc... i'm currently trying to patch DSDTs.

Thanks in advance!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...