PunkNugget

ULTRABEAST! 2 x 980Ti's / 2 x E5-2697v2 CPUs / Geekbench 59,104 Fastest System?

35 posts in this topic

Hey Punk,

I clearly understand your point of view and I totally agree with it, I've been collaborating with Andrew for a long time... in fact since the Z9PE board came ou for dual Sandy CPUs... boy that board is a piece of {censored} :D we even had to give feedback to Asus to change the Bios, fun times. I know he's been really busy, had him on the phone recently and had a long talk about future developments at Apple, where this scene is going, how we felt about the sharing/giving (or the lack of it), etc. so trust me, I know exactly how you feel and how we feel too.

Lucky you to meet him, I'm in Europe at the moment so it is hard to catch him in person from here.

The X9DAi is the board we found with Andrew to be the most rock solid, easy to work with, etc. and since then I've been running this here, unluckily I don't have such powerful CPU's as yours but it has done the trick for all the audiovisual work I do (I understand from what you say that we are probably working in the same field). So regarding the freezing maybe I can help you out, who knows... I've dealt with my hurdles with this board too and got to know it pretty well by now.

What I can say about this board is that on my end, I don't have any freeze, but our hardware might be different (add-on cards, dongles, etc.)... I will shoot you an email so you have my contact and we can discuss about your freezing problem, (maybe a skype call would be easier also) if you want to.

Now regarding High Sierra, it is still in beta so I cannot say much other than I got it working/booting... but problems remain:

- PM is patched but not working properly... all the states get recognised at boot and validated with the SSDT but nonetheless no real PM in the system (Might be apple trolling us).

- 1 CPU seems to be doing all the work, all the rest remain pretty much idle (Might be apple trolling us).

- Board sound isn't working with previous method.

Once those are solved, I will move on to BlackMagic drivers... I don't know you, but on my end, when installing decklink drivers on this board breaks completely the system performance. That problem didn't existed under Mavericks, as soon as Sierra wen't 10.12.3 I believe it went downhill. Andrew has experienced the same problem on his side with different CPUs and config. We reached BMD, but they reacted like douches.

Anyway, interesting read/talk, take care and talk soon I hope.

Was wondering if you're available to talk as I wanted to give you my Clover folder (as that is what you requested to see). If you can help that would be great. Skype me if you need to. Thank you...

Advertisement

That's a really awesome computer! Wow!

Amazing, Great work!

Thanks I appreciate that, but had to take it apart and throughly test it on a wetbench. We'll see what happens after a few more weeks on it. Again, thanks for the big-ups! :)

Hey guys, some things are majorly changing on this particular build and I look forward to sharing those build changes here very soon! I'm concerned and excited at the same time. We'll see what happens here soon after the 25th of this month! :)

opengl in cini is really slow 100fps less then my 290x but rest is good

opengl in cini is really slow 100fps less then my 290x but rest is good

What kind of setup do you have? I'd like to see all the parts you used for this build. Thanks.

What kind of setup do you have? I'd like to see all the parts you used for this build. Thanks.

Fixed my sig 

Could someone please post the installation and dual CPU dmg from andrew.? I got a similar dual e5 2697 V2  build.

Wow, you just caught me. I will say this. Andrew tried to help but is no longer doing this and I gave up on this particular project, because it is too unstable. I have another build using and X299 mobo and i9-7980XE CPU. Much faster system and much more reliable. I'm still the second fastest system that's recorded a GeekBench of over 60,000. You may want to try that setup instead. Let me know and I'll send you the link to that build. Later...

Thx for the reply. I already got the dual CPUs and a huanan dual board. Might just install Linux on it.

I7 7980xe is still a bit expensive so...

How do you think it would compare to 8 core 1680 V2 oc to 4.6ghz