Jump to content
Gigamaxx

Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

1,292 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Advertisement
6 hours ago, Shaneee said:

 

Mount the EFI partition of the USB on Windows then and add the genericusbxhci kext into the Clover kext folder.

I open the USB drive and it has a AMD folder with more folders but the one that say Files.  Has the following, DummyUSBEHCIPCI, DummyUSBXHCI, GenericUSBXHCI, SPUBReporter, System, and VDC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ITAngel said:

I open the USB drive and it has a AMD folder with more folders but the one that say Files.  Has the following, DummyUSBEHCIPCI, DummyUSBXHCI, GenericUSBXHCI, SPUBReporter, System, and VDC. 

Yeah that's for the post install. You'll need to mount the efi partition with diskpart to access the clover folder. That's where you need to add the kext.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Yeah that's for the post install. You'll need to mount the efi partition with diskpart to access the clover folder. That's where you need to add the kext.

 

I see, I made a virtual macOS High Sierra so I can work easily modifying the USB. I will see what I can do once I am done setting it up. Might be easier to modified the usb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey does anyone have access to the testing kernel for 10.13.4? I have a 2700x and x470 Mobo and can't seem to be able to install 10.13.4; getting a kernel cache error when booting installer. Was able to install 10.13.3 though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yamahahornist said:

Hey does anyone have access to the testing kernel for 10.13.4? I have a 2700x and x470 Mobo and can't seem to be able to install 10.13.4; getting a kernel cache error when booting installer. Was able to install 10.13.3 though. 

 

Apple have not released the 10.13.4 sources yet so no kernel. It's possible to use the 10.13.3 kernel but you need to roll back a good few kexts so best stick with 10.13.3 just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, I have been here from he beginning with Gigamaxx and everyone who helped create this wonderful tutorial. I think we are all aware that certain applications, especially Adobe apps, such as Premiere and After Effects have been having issues. For me, Premiere Pro does not even open. 

Just curios if anybody has any input on this, or solutions? My main use is video work so those are pretty essential. 

Not sure if anybody knows but can we pinpoint this as an issue with the kernel? Is it just me?

Thanks for all your help as always!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Performance issue might be from the lack of first gen lacking integrated graphics. Maybe second gen will fix this issue and amd cards is the way to to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

can macos run twitch shared stream and use obs ndi plugin mac dual pc stream

Edited by patricia2626

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2018 at 8:26 PM, motoxnate said:

Hello all, I have been here from he beginning with Gigamaxx and everyone who helped create this wonderful tutorial. I think we are all aware that certain applications, especially Adobe apps, such as Premiere and After Effects have been having issues. For me, Premiere Pro does not even open. 

Just curios if anybody has any input on this, or solutions? My main use is video work so those are pretty essential. 

Not sure if anybody knows but can we pinpoint this as an issue with the kernel? Is it just me?

Thanks for all your help as always!

 

On one of these threads maybe the kernel testing thread there was a link to a video showing how to rebuild the kernels using terminal by finding the error and then loading the app into terminal and commanding a rebuild.    I think they were able to get those apps working with Ryzen.

 

 

Edited by Gigamaxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Sapphire R9 380X 4GB Graphics Card. Is there any possibility to work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dergon said:

I have a Sapphire R9 380X 4GB Graphics Card. Is there any possibility to work?

 

What is the device ID?   It should work in Sierra and High Sierra but you may need whatevergreen and lilu Kexts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

 

What is the device ID?   It should work in Sierra and High Sierra but you may need whatevergreen and lilu Kexts.

 

You mean this? 

Screenshot_1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dergon said:

 

You mean this? 

Screenshot_1.png

 

The 7000Controller and 4000 kexts have the ID, it should work.

 

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 9.52.47 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thank you !!! I am a bit confused though. Is there any guide for doing the installation with a AMD gpu?As i understood its a bit different from this guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dergon said:

Ok thank you !!! I am a bit confused though. Is there any guide for doing the installation with a AMD gpu?As i understood its a bit different from this guide.

 

It should be automatic with native drivers,   Maybe select "rad deinit" in clover boot menu in the graphics section.   Use the latest clover it will be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Thank you !!

2 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

 

It should be automatic with native drivers,   Maybe select "rad deinit" in clover boot menu in the graphics section.   Use the latest clover it will be there.

 

Oh and one more thing. Can i do the procedure for the installation with a VM? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×