fantomas1

Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Feb 28, 2019)

1,824 posts in this topic

-)

is it possible to use this app also on not boot volume I have two ssd with one high sierra from clean installation and another with High sierra (upgraded from 10.12.6)

If I boot with "dirty" HighSierra could I use your app to clean/rebuild other ssd?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/790-nvram-and-kext-cache-cleanup-and-rebuilding-prelinkedkernel-tool/

Thank you!

Unfortunately the app only works if you run it whitin the macOS that is loaded you cannot use it for another OS's which is installed on other disks, but there is a way to reset the kext cache on other disks, see this post all the paths that the app will reset are described in this post.

Advertisement

Sweet, WebDriver 378.10.10.15.114 also works well under macOS 10.13.1 Beta (17B25c)

...but yeah, the path for NVDAStartupWeb.kext now located on LE instead of (was) SLE.  :P Enjoy!

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>17B25c</string>

YSyRFTW.png

#EDIT: I just realize that on 10.13.1 Beta got no black screen or QE/CI issue with WebDriver, even w/o NVWebDriverLibValFix (I mean, on my graphics).. just a little bit different that loaded NVDAStartupWeb doesn't appear on kextstat log, but I think it' s normal as (sometimes) also happened on 10.11.6 as well.

di5zUKV.png

I used the wrong way to install web driver yesterday,

and now I get a black screen with cursor with web driver enabled,

ioconsolusers: gioscreenlockstate 3 loop with web driver disabled.

is there anyway I can revert this?

I used the wrong way to install web driver yesterday,

and now I get a black screen with cursor with web driver enabled,

ioconsolusers: gioscreenlockstate 3 loop with web driver disabled.

is there anyway I can revert this?

How about using nv_disable=1 boot-arg? Or if it failed, boot with Single user mode and rm NVD* && Ge* from /Library/Extensions of ur 10.13 volume..

ok got it working  :lol: 

I had to put NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext on clover kext/others and used sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/ after install drivers(booted with SIP activated for the Nvidia drivers install) gatekeeper asked me for permission and done.
My problem now is I can't use 10bits color, if I change it to 10bits with SwitchResX it goes black screen.
Any work around?

i disabled NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext after and it still works.

How about using nv_disable=1 boot-arg? Or if it failed, boot with Single user mode and rm NVD* && Ge* from /Library/Extensions of ur 10.13 volume..

Ok thanks for the reply, rm NVD* && Ge* from /Library/Extensions successfully got me into my system.

However, after using NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext and ADGPFix to install the driver, I still get black screen

Just delete the nvidiagraphicfixup it work for me only with libvalfix kext on high sierra. But it may be strange on sierra only work with nvidiagraphicfixup... on my 1060 gtx

I deleted nvidiagraphicfixup, but it did not work.

Yep, I still needed NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext or else I got a flashing black screen on High Sierra startup.

If, like me, you forgot to install NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in your L/E directory, I also noticed you can install it in Clover -> kexts -> Other and it will still work as intended. Luckily, I could install it on my Clover USB drive and get High Sierra bootable again, after I had installed the Nvidia web drivers.

You can upload your CLOVER folder on the USB device?

Ok guys,

To summarize what I've find out so far:

I can confirm that the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in combination with the famous "com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy" kext patch does the trick on activating the nVidia Web Driver.

so no need to use the AGDPfix.app because the kext patch in config.plist will suffice.

Here is the patch if anyone is interested (Under the Kernel and Kext Patches):

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Find: ba050000 00
Replace: ba000000 00
Comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696

Having the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext is mandatory along with the EmuVariableUEFI.efi. I installed the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in /Library/Extensions and fixed the permissions afterwards.

Sleep works Ok, I have sound after sleep (Using the CodecCommander in /System/Library/Extensions)  :)

I'm using iMac17,1 SMBIOS on my SkyLake machine. APFS on Seagate SATA 7200 RPM 500 GB HDD (For now)

Good luck to you all.

Is that patch via Xcode or Clover Configurator?

Is that patch via Xcode or Clover Configurator?

This patch goes in the config.plist under the kernel and kext patches.

Edit: with clover configurator

I just opened my eyes and had my morning coffee so I'm still waking up :D

This patch is only for changing the config map of the AppleGraphicsDisplayPolicy.kext

Quick Question:

Guys how hot is your GPU when idle? mine sit on 63 degrees Celsius and reaches up to 75 under load. I know that my GPU fans are spinning at their minimum speed. 

25 degrees idle 45/48 full 

I noticed that latest clover versions have some kernel patches for unsupported cpu embedded..in my case this could create some strange behaviour

for now I am using 4184 because 42xxhas performance fix broken (I can't add it in kernel patches section and without it with EIST enabled in bios I have poor performances)

@cyberdevs hi , i placed NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext into clover/kexts/other  and applyed the black screen patch...then.my gtx960 works fine. 

Hi, well that's great :) so the kext will load from the clover folder as well!

25 degrees idle 45/48 full 

I noticed that latest clover versions have some kernel patches for unsupported cpu embedded..in my case this could create some strange behaviour

for now I am using 4184 because 4120 has performance fix broken (I can't add it in kernel patches section and without it with EIST enabled in bios I have poor performances)

My GPU's temp was always the same from the first day that I bought it (around February). I wish if there was anything that I could do to make it cooler. I tested all clover revisions and I'm afraid the results were the same.

It's an EVGA SuperClocked 1070. I'm using the following GPUSensor. Sometimes when the OS starts I can hear the GPU fans spike but short after they will reduce the speed, almost immediately.

Any pointers will be appreciated :)

GPUSensors.kext.zip

My GPU's temp was always the same from the first day that I bought it (around February). I wish if there was anything that I could do to make it cooler. I tested all clover revisions and I'm afraid the results were the same.

It's an EVGA SuperClocked 1070. I'm using the following GPUSensor. Sometimes when the OS starts I can hear the GPU fans spike but short after they will reduce the speed, almost immediately.

sorry  cyberdevs

I misunderstood you previous message

our new GPU (pascal) starts to have fan working @ 45/50 degrees otherwise you have fan sop completely

in my case it reach rarely during normal use also in HS always fan stop is here if you web driver is working well

during hard rendering I reach about 70/75 degrees

it is a pity we can create a fan curve like in windows to have also fan spinning in lower temperatures

post-468967-0-63570400-1506582628_thumb.jpg

@cyberdevs  why need NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext?  

sorry  cyberdevs

I misunderstood you previous message

our new GPU (pascal) starts to have fan working @ 45/50 degrees otherwise you have fan sop completely

in my case it reach rarely during normal use also in HS always fan stop is here if you web driver is working well

during hard rendering I reach about 70/75 degrees

it is a pity we can create a fan curve like in windows to have also fan spinning in lower temperatures

Oh, thanks for clearing that up :)

My GPU fans won't stop at all, but they run at minimum  speed all the time, and yes that's unfortunate that we can't use fan curves in macOS, we even can's edit the VBIOS to change the fan curves on Pascal GPUs (because Pascal VBIOS is encrypted as far as I know) otherwise we cold edit the VBIOS's fan curve and re-flash the BIOS with the edited one to solve the problem.

This patch is only for changing the config map of the AppleGraphicsDisplayPolicy.kext

Quick Question:

Guys how hot is your GPU when idle? mine sit on 63 degrees Celsius and reaches up to 75 under load. I know that my GPU fans are spinning at their minimum speed. 

I'm using that patch in Clover for very long time, I didn't have any single issue and still applicable for High Sierra. I have just directly upgraded from App Store with having fakesmc in other kexts (clover). Plus you don't need to put nv_disable anywhere(when webdrivers not installed) while having this one. See if it's same or makes difference.

<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
			<key>Patches</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>GFX0 [to] GFX2</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMg==
					</data>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>PEGP [to] GFX1</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					UEVHUA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMQ==
					</data>
				</dict>
			</array>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>

why need NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext?  

there was a problem in macOS Sierra (Transparent iBooks and some other errors in Safari and other apps) which was due to the incompatibly of the webdrivers and the metal 2 framework in macOS which was resolved by adding the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to /L/E (according to the kext's author) :

"This resolves the issue with transparent windows without content, which appear for applications that use Metal and have Library Validation enabled. Common affected applications are iBooks and Little Snitch Network Monitor, though this patch is universal and fixes them all" 

see these posts: https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/blob/master/README.md

and

https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/releases

there was a problem in macOS Sierra (Transparent iBooks and some other errors in Safari and other apps) which was due to the incompatibly of the webdrivers and the metal 2 framework in macOS which was resolved by adding the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to /L/E (according to the kext's author) :

"This resolves the issue with transparent windows without content, which appear for applications that use Metal and have Library Validation enabled. Common affected applications are iBooks and Little Snitch Network Monitor, though this patch is universal and fixes them all" 

see these posts: https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/blob/master/README.md

and

https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/releases

but i find many users installed webdriver for high sierra and then got black screen error....

and now more important it solves (I don't know how it does) also black screen with signal in some condition

By the way I add in a thread @ cyberdevs @Badruzeus and @SavagAUS and obiuvsly @mologie name to thank for sharing your catches

If you want add change something you are welcome

I'm using that patch in Clover for very long time, I didn't have any single issue and still applicable for High Sierra. I have just directly upgraded from App Store with having fakesmc in other kexts (clover). Plus you don't need to put nv_disable anywhere(when webdrivers not installed) while having this one. See if it's same or makes difference.

<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Name</key>
			<key>Patches</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMg==
					</data>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					UEVHUA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMQ==
					</data>
				</dict>
			</array>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>

Well, these are ACPI related which also could be patched on DSDT / SSDT for Graphics. While what @cyberdev's talking is Kext to Patch (as it's name) about *.kext: AppleGraphicsDisplayPolicy. And giving us what graphics r U using, on Desktop or Laptop.. is way better I think.

<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Name</key>
			<key>Patches</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMg==
					</data>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					UEVHUA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMQ==
					</data>
				</dict>
			</array>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>

Thanks but I'm not sure if those patches can solve the GPU temperature (if that's what you mean)

The patches will simply rename the DSDT values of the GFX0 to GFX2 and the PEGP to GFX1 I'm not sure how can they solve the black screen problem.

The black screen problem on nVidia GPUs is totally dependent on the SMBIOS that we choose, the new black screen problem on macOS High Sierra is something different.

I will give those patches a try later to see if we can use them to fix that problem :)

I am asking if is there a chance to start in "VGA" mode like before it happened if nv_disable=1 was used. it seems not possible

it seems also that disabling nvidiaweb=true is not working anymore...

I am asking if is there a change to start in "VGA" mode like before it happened if nv_disable=1 was used. it seems not possible

it seems also that disabling nvidiaweb=true is not working anymore...

The only thing that I can think of right now is to use -x to enter the Safe Mode. (Which didn't work the last time I tried it, got my system to reboot on High Sierra)