fantomas

[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,845 posts in this topic

About USB max limit port patch, use this one instead under 10.13 (17A306f) Target kext changed from AppleUSBXHCIPCI to AppleUSBXHCISPT but the patch seems to be the same at list in my system.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>g32MEA==</data>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.13.x</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCISPT</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>g32MGw==</data>
</dict>
</plist>

Advertisement
​​​About USB max limit port patch, use this one instead under 10.13 (17A306f)

<string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series)</string>

​...

Thank you.

​Question:

Is it safe now to do this? I mean because it was a 15 port limit because some potential crash / or overflow in apple XHCI usb driver. Does this fix / avoid that crash overflow (above 15 ports used) ? I ask Rehabman about this a while back. But at that earlier time he said there was no known fix (it being an issue in apple's code)....

Yes I know its still ok that many people who just use USBInjectAll.kext and do not bother to worry. Who dont disable any USB ports. And those other guys who have NUC or laptop with much fewer USB ports = less than 15 total. It doesnt matter for those guys.

Also, as a side note, there's no need to argue over such topic. I mean, seriously. :)) We're a community. We don't compete over who's right or wrong. There's no such thing. Anybody can be equally right and wrong. The point here is to learn from each other's successes and failures so we can evolve together as a community.

I second that; but: the question was if it was possible to install DP4 on HFS+j on a SSD. I think it's proven enough that it is.

He is arguing on the answers that are given to him in a way that is, well, not so friendly. But enough about that.

Anyway, 

The reason why I'm still using HFS+j is because Sierra and High Sierra are on the same disk. 

When I tried APFS it corrupted my partition map and both partitions were not able to mount anymore, which forced me to reinstall everything. 

When HS final is out I will wipe the SSD and I will install HS on APFS

Thank you very much for your reply. :) As I said at the beginning of my previous post, if you wanna have it done that way, you can have it. And you definitely prove that that's possible.

Now, about the reason you're sticking to HFS+... Actually, I'm using Sierra and High Sierra on the same SSD (different partitions, of course). But....I've got no issues. Sierra uses HFS+, High Sierra uses APFS. Not sure how did that happen in your case. Surely not something you would want. But...it didn't happen to me. I was also a bit reluctant to try High Sierra (especially in APFS) on the same drive. But yeah, I got no issues here.

Thank you very much for your reply. :) As I said at the beginning of my previous post, if you wanna have it done that way, you can have it. And you definitely prove that that's possible.

Now, about the reason you're sticking to HFS+... Actually, I'm using Sierra and High Sierra on the same SSD (different partitions, of course). But....I've got no issues. Sierra uses HFS+, High Sierra uses APFS. Not sure how did that happen in your case. Surely not something you would want. But...it didn't happen to me. I was also a bit reluctant to try High Sierra (especially in APFS) on the same drive. But yeah, I got no issues here.

It did boot at first without issues. Then I enabled Trim and verified the disk through disk utility but it said it couldn't due to a corrupted partition map.

The next time I booted the machine it ran fsck and BAM! Partitions gone. I don't know if it was a bug or an error at my hand, but i find it too risky to try again  :lol: 

Even more because like I said, once HS is out I will wipe the SSD and install HS @ APFS on it  :) 

Good to hear that you're not experiencing any issues though.

I need to say that I did not install HS on APFS right away, since it would only let me install on a HFS+ journaled disk, no idea why...

So I converted the disk to APFS through terminal after the installation

You might wanna know that I got TRIM enabled too. :D And...I've rebooted probably tens of times since then. No issues whatsoever. So there might be something else going on with your drive...

How did you enable TRIM? Cause there's one way with a kext, if I'm not mistaken, something called TRIM enabler. And there's another way through terminal, using sudo trimforce enable (that's what I used).

I have to say, pretty weird issue you're describing there.

However, I perfectly understand why you're not feeling very comfortable with APFS at this point in time. You have every reason to feel like that. And yeah, after all, it's still a beta. And if that was a bug, which is not impossible, we can hope it will be fixed until the final release, so you can update as well, this time with no issues.

Thank you.

​Question:

Is it safe now to do this? I mean because it was a 15 port limit because some potential crash / or overflow in apple XHCI usb driver. Does this fix / avoid that crash overflow (above 15 ports used) ? I ask Rehabman about this a while back. But at that earlier time he said there was no known fix (it being an issue in apple's code)....

Yes I know its still ok that many people who just use USBInjectAll.kext and do not bother to worry. Who dont disable any USB ports. And those other guys who have NUC or laptop with much fewer USB ports = less than 15 total. It doesnt matter for those guys.

I havnt tested the new patch but since Sierra I have been using a custom ssdt with UsbInjectAll.kext. Even in HS the same ssdt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Update:

After re-reading Chris' post (thanks Chris), looks like it does occur for SATA SSDs, as well. Cool! That answers our No. 5 question.

Yes its possible and if the people read this Post  correctly It is very easy to install in APFS or HFS + J and to have Clover install in UEFI or ESP even on a volume apfs

I find it a pity that people are a lot of trouble to install HS and that it still uses the Core.pkg method which in fact does not even create certain Essential Volumes. They find themselves with an uncomplete instalation

Yes its possible and if the people read this Post  correctly It is very easy to install in APFS or HFS + J and to have Clover install in UEFI or ESP even on a volume apfs

I find it a pity that people are a lot of trouble to install HS and that it still uses the Core.pkg method which in fact does not even create certain Essential Volumes. They find themselves with an uncomplete instalation

The Core.pkg method is really not a good one, but really a bad one. :thumbsup_anim:

Hello Everyone ,, Trying to boot the Clover Legacy but it doesent show the apfs partition. Renamed the apfs efi to apfs-64 efi and paste it to the drivers64 .. but it still cant show the apfs partition

can any one help me or send me the clover legacy apfs please.. Thanks 

Hello Everyone ,, Trying to boot the Clover Legacy but it doesent show the apfs partition. Renamed the apfs efi to apfs-64 efi and paste it to the drivers64 .. but it still cant show the apfs partition

can any one help me or send me the clover legacy apfs please.. Thanks 

apfs.efi go in drivers64uefi without renaming.

Hello guys,

Today I accidentally discovered this wonderful topic (since I am collecting different patches for broadcom 4360 kext).

My idea is to implement a new Lilu plugin to patch this kext in the more intellectual way, just not by replacing bytes (thanks to @PMheart for the initial idea).

It's called AirportBrcmFixup: https://sourceforge.net/projects/airportbrcmfixup/

And here I found out that I missed something: BCM4352-iovar. 

I was not able to find any explanations what this patch actually does.

What is the influence of this patch?

Could somebody answer to my question, please?

hello 

airport extreme fix here

enjoy :)

BCM4352-Airport-Extreme, (credit skvo)
com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360
6b100000 750d
6b100000 9090
10.13.x

BCM4352-Airport-Extreme, (credit Sherlocks based on skvo original)
com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC
6b100000 750d
6b100000 9090

BCM4352-fvco, (credit Sherlocks based on the-darkvoid original)
81f952aa 000074bf
81f952aa 00006690

BCM4352-iovar, (credit Sherlocks)
85db4c8b 65c87971
85db4c8b 65c8eb71

4883c410 89c385db 7946
4883c410 89c385db eb46

BCM4352-Airport-Extreme, (credit Sherlocks based on skvo original)
com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC-MFG
6b100000 750d
6b100000 9090

BCM4352-fvco, (credit Sherlocks based on the-darkvoid original)
81ff52aa 000074c4
81ff52aa 00006690

0f896201 0000
0f886201 0000

4883c410 89c385db 7944
4883c410 89c385db eb44

Hello guys,

Today I accidentally discovered this wonderful topic (since I am collecting different patches for broadcom 4360 kext).

My idea is to implement a new Lilu plugin to patch this kext in the more intellectual way, just not by replacing bytes (thanks to @PMheart for the initial idea).

It's called AirportBrcmFixup: https://sourceforge.net/projects/airportbrcmfixup/

And here I found out that I missed something: BCM4352-iovar.

I was not able to find any explanations what this patch actually does.

What is the influence of this patch?

Could somebody answer to my question, please?

Actually didnt see difference.

But you can get iovar error in HS kernel log.

I just disable iovar error and enable iovar stuff on HS dp1.

If use iovar patch, log is fine. But flood log. Ofc iovar error log also flood.

Maybe we need to wait HS release. Then see kernel log. As result, skip iovar patch once. After release HS, then consider iovar error

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Actually didnt see difference.

But you can get iovar error in HS kernel log.

I just disable iovar error and enable iovar stuff on HS dp1.

If use iovar patch, log is fine. But flood log. Ofc iovar error log also flood.

Maybe we need to wait HS release. Then see kernel log. As result, skip iovar patch once. After release HS, then consider iovar error

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Thank you for the fast reply!

So it is only related to some annoying messages in the kernel log.

I think we can wait for HS release.

In 10.13 I still have issues with natively supported SD Card Reader and Ethernet Card (both Broadcom), hopefully they will fix all broadcom stuff.

Anyone have a GeForce 6600GT working natively with High Sierra? If so is it possible to add this card in with my 960 and have the 960 for Sierra and the 6600GT for High Sierra?

Anyone have a GeForce 6600GT working natively with High Sierra? If so is it possible to add this card in with my 960 and have the 960 for Sierra and the 6600GT for High Sierra?

it is better to switch to rx480 for high sierra

Yes, with Lilu and Whatevergreen the newest AMD GPUs work without Helper Card. No Blackscreen anymore.

Thank you for this info! I was wondering if anyone managed to get it to work without it.

What's still weird to me....is that this is one of the cards which is supposed to work "OOB". But here we are looking for workarounds, and using helper cards and all that which makes the entire experience totally not "OOB". :))

I'm using an old GTX 650. To me, working OOB means plug & play. Connect the card, start your computer, enjoy. No kexts, no tricks, no nothing. It's still not very clear to me why do we need these kexts and patches for this case. Maybe someone can give us a bit more information on that.

I suppose it should work the same way with the RX580, right?