About Just Joined group Read more... ×
fantomas

[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,823 posts in this topic

In a nutshell can anyone tell me how to bypass the 'OSInstall.mpkg' error? Just can't fathom it out.

Thanks!

Advertisement

I've modified both of those. It's working fine (FFM = 0xFFFFFFFF) and I can verify this in 10.11 and 10.12. The problem is PMheart's kext inject code isn't working here for 10.13. Only denskop's precompiled Clover build has worked so far.

I tried with values from real macs but it doesn't change anything.

MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[558]: ROM Features returned nil!
MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[558]: ROM Features returned: 0
MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[558]: ROM does not support APFS

However, let's try your values. Post the FirmwareFeaturesMask and I'll compile clover with it.

I tried with values from real macs but it doesn't change anything.

However, let's try your values. Post the FirmwareFeaturesMask and I'll compile clover with it.

I've just been using FFFFFFFF as suggested by savvamitrofanov earlier.

It looks like they have fixed Clover now so might as well wait for confirmation. I've already spent enough time today going in circles with broken code.

Stay tuned , guys!

There binary with kernel_patcher and kext_inject hard coded for 10.13 with PMHeart, denskop patch.

You need to set FirmwareFeatures in config.plist to 

<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
<string>0xe907f537</string>
Magic number for FirmwareFeaturesMask 0xff1fff3f

post-1248455-0-79014300-1496769576_thumb.jpg

post-1248455-0-73080900-1496769590_thumb.jpg

post-1248455-0-74601000-1496769691_thumb.jpg

BOOTX64.efi.zip

Thanks I'll run with it now so I can get 10.13 installed once and for all.

I guess Clover needs more work to be able to detect 10.13 so until then hardcoding the kext injecting is the only way.

"I guess Clover needs more work to be able to detect 10.13 so until then hardcoding the kext injecting is the only way."

Absolutely 

Pretty cool, I've formatted a partition to APFS and added the driver to the clover folder and it works.

attachicon.gifdisk_utility_apfs.png

So you use a same EFI partition with Sierra and with any extra config to work with HighSierra ?

can someone tell me how to get past the "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or corrupted" error?

So you use a same EFI partition with Sierra and with any extra config to work with HighSierra ?

ATM i have El Capitan @HPFS and High Sierra @APFS on one drive with two partitions, and the EFI partition for both OSes

How do you guys get the full installer to create a USB? Whenever I download it from the Mac App Store, I only get a 5 MB file.

How do you guys get the full installer to create a USB? Whenever I download it from the Mac App Store, I only get a 5 MB file.

yeah me too.

Anyone have a problem with disks not loading in disk utility on install? Also should the entry in clover.plist look like this?

<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
<string>0xe907f537</string>
<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
<string>0xff1fff3f</string>

Cheers

Edited by nahive

Solved problem with disk utility but after restart boots to a gray background with black top bar and usa flag to change language in right of bar, mouse is present but not visible because I can interact with flag.

Solved problem with disk utility but after restart boots to a gray background with black top bar and usa flag to change language in right of bar, mouse is present but not visible because I can interact with flag. 

How did you solve that problem?