fantomas

[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,845 posts in this topic

Hi LuCyr04. I still needed to change 4 kexts for the Sierra to achieve graphics acceleration. I'm having the same Sierra result in OpenGL Extensions Viewer, which sounds good to me. I think total support in HS will not have without an auxiliary graphics card, so we'll have to make this little kexts exchange, but it has not affected the performance at all, and that's very good.

What kexts you install from sierra? The names...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

I use to change this:

<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>

<string>none</string>

config1>none
from time ago it works for me
with other methods I have problem (maybe I am not able to use it in right way!

I use to change this:

<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>

<string>none</string>

config1>none
from time ago it works for me
with other methods I have problem (maybe I am not able to use it in right way!

Yes, the patch I mentioned above just does this, but in a different way. Have a try. :)

Hey bro, how can you install nvidia web for GT710? Does it work smoothly?

I didn't install the web drivers, the card works OOB for me. However, the overall system is really slow and when using Safari the system gets unusable. This improved a little in DP2, but it still isn't smooth.

I suspect that the graphics card is the culprit here

The first time I tried it gave me Beta 1 attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-06-22 at 2.07.57 pm.pngbut now its Beta 2 I think.attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-06-22 at 2.08.22 pm.png

You need remove of you Hack all Beta 1 Installer and download Beta 2 Installer

You need remove of you Hack all Beta 1 Installer and download Beta 2 Installer

Do you have a link for the new beta 2. macOSSierraDeveloperBetaAccessUtility doesn't work anymore.

Do you have a link for the new beta 2. macOSSierraDeveloperBetaAccessUtility doesn't work anymore.

Its a same pkg remove al installer even in trash and other ssd

Its a same pkg remove al installer even in trash and other ssd

Thanks ;)

I was using another PC without any installer and the macOSSierraDeveloperBetaAccessUtility wasn't working so I used the direct link and now it's downloading.

This the link that @Kynyo posted here: macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1209167288

But the package is only 14.5 MB?!?!?

I downloaded it twice and it's only 14.5 MB!!!!

macOS High Sierra Beta 2 success on my Haswell Lappy.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-06-22 at 3.35.56 pm.png

Still same issue of battery status but it's a beta.

EDIT: On the plus side i can now boot my my laptop with HDMI connected and it doesn't reboot halfway through booting. With HDMI audio.

Hi SavageAUS, 

Could you please send me the EFI folder for High Sierra Beta,

I can't install 10.13

Thank you.

Hi SavageAUS,

Could you please send me the EFI folder for High Sierra Beta,

I can't install 10.13

Thank you.

I'm using my phone so can't see signatures, what are your system specs?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I did, and I don't have any adblockers.

I had similar issue. I had to delete / rename beta 1 to download beta 2 as its naming it the exact same for beta 1 and 2.

macOSSierraDeveloperBetaAccessUtility does work still as that's how I got beta 2.

If your getting an incomplete download check network settings / reboot modem / router.

I'm using my phone so can't see signatures, what are your system specs?

I had similar issue. I had to delete / rename beta 1 to download beta 2 as its naming it the exact same for beta 1 and 2.

macOSSierraDeveloperBetaAccessUtility does work still as that's how I got beta 2.

If your getting an incomplete download check network settings / reboot modem / router.

I have no other copy of macOS High Sierra on my computer. But I will try to download it later. Thanks for the tip.

What kexts you install from sierra? The names...

AMDRadeonX3000.kext, AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle, IOAccelerator2D.plugin, IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext.

AMDRadeonX3000.kext, AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle, IOAccelerator2D.plugin, IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext.

And you get the card fully working without iGPU?

And you get the card fully working without iGPU?

I still needed to change 4 kexts for the Sierra to achieve graphics acceleration. I'm having the same Sierra result in OpenGL Extensions Viewer, which sounds good to me. I think total support in HS will not have without an auxiliary graphics card, so we'll have to make this little kexts exchange, but it has not affected the performance at all, and that's very good.

I still needed to change 4 kexts for the Sierra to achieve graphics acceleration. I'm having the same Sierra result in OpenGL Extensions Viewer, which sounds good to me. I think total support in HS will not have without an auxiliary graphics card, so we'll have to make this little kexts exchange, but it has not affected the performance at all, and that's very good.

So it's usable, you tried YouTube videos?

All works flawlessly. Try it.

I need to repair my Sierra now, tried to partition SSD and broke all... Will try today anyway.

Anyway, what's puzzling me is that in the compatibility list I saw out there, iMac 2009 appears on, and they had no auxiliary video card ... I've been looking at the plist of the X3000 and I've seen that it looks like it has odd errors or changes and the torque is less than 10.12.5 . Would they release this beta with this so spoiled kext ????

Edit: Unless the Core2Duo used in this iMac 10.1 is considered an aid because it has the ability, even if very old, to generate video. And since Core2Quad does not have it, we can not have native support and we always need to use these Sierra kexts. I think that maybe that's why this iMac is on the compatibility list.

Edit2: Another thing I noticed: i'm not sure how graphics injection works, but since the Sierra i could no longer patch on the fly through Clover and when i put the framebuffer Baboon or Eulemur for my video card, which always worked previously, stays with screen Black (monitors turn off). I tried several things, but i did not want to have to modify the kext manually, so i did not have to do this at all update. Now i was thinking, if the bootloader is who tells the system what framebuffer to use, it will be that in the bootloader, the address of the framebuffer informed is outdated, thus causing a deviation of the AMD5000Controller.kext to a wrong address, making it impossible to be completed The patch?

Hello to everyone.

I have had difficulty installing the update according to the normal procedure.

I solved this: After downloading the upgrade, I started in the previous High Sierra, opened the update folder, made it accessible, and then I started my install.app from inside the system.

So a new installation started that has recovered all the previous one.

I apologize for my google-english. Hope it is understandable.

Anyway, what's puzzling me is that in the compatibility list I saw out there, iMac 2009 appears on, and they had no auxiliary video card ... I've been looking at the plist of the X3000 and I've seen that it looks like it has odd errors or changes and the torque is less than 10.12.5 . Would they release this beta with this so spoiled kext ????

Edit: Unless the Core2Duo used in this iMac 10.1 is considered an aid because it has the ability, even if very old, to generate video. And since Core2Quad does not have it, we can not have native support and we always need to use these Sierra kexts. I think that maybe that's why this iMac is on the compatibility list.

Edit2: Another thing I noticed: i'm not sure how graphics injection works, but since the Sierra i could no longer patch on the fly through Clover and when i put the framebuffer Baboon or Eulemur for my video card, which always worked previously, stays with screen Black (monitors turn off). I tried several things, but i did not want to have to modify the kext manually, so i did not have to do this at all update. Now i was thinking, if the bootloader is who tells the system what framebuffer to use, it will be that in the bootloader, the address of the framebuffer informed is outdated, thus causing a deviation of the AMD5000Controller.kext to a wrong address, making it impossible to be completed The patch?

Man, changed the kexts you said and still can't boot without -x, can you upload your kexts because I'm on 10.12.6 beta 4 and I think that's the problem.