fantomas

[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,845 posts in this topic

Works so far for me on my Desktop as well as on my Notebook. Has anyone found a solution to overcome the blank trackpad Issue?

Advertisement

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext with support of Kaby Lake Graphics.

• Fixes PAVP freezes on Intel Azul (HD4400, HD4600), Skylake Graphics (HD530) and Kaby Lake Graphics (HD630)
  • Fixes boot logo on all known Intel Graphics starting with HD4000
  • Fixes display initialization issues for Skylake an Kaby Lake

Will be in trunk later. Author is on vacation :)

attachicon.gifIntelGraphicsFixup.kext.zip

In macOS High Sierra 10.13 use bootarg -igfxbeta.

In macOS Sierra 10.12.5 build 16F2073 works without bootarg

Notice:

macOS Sierra 10.12.5 build 16F2073 already have NATIVE Kaby Lake support

With Clover how would the boot argument be added to config.plist? Is it igfxbeta=1 or exactly as you put? BTW I can't get Shiki, Lilu or IntelGraphicsFixup to load at all in 10.13. Anything else needed to load these kexts? I am using the latest Lilu and Shiki from June 6.

With Clover how would the boot argument be added to config.plist? Is it igfxbeta=1 or exactly as you put? BTW I can't get Shiki, Lilu or IntelGraphicsFixup to load at all in 10.13. Anything else needed to load these kexts? I am using the latest Lilu and Shiki from June 6.

-lilubeta -igfxbeta -shikibeta -alcbeta

Exactly as i wrote. All of this kexts have same argument structure... All this arguments defined in WiKi on GitHub and Sourceforge

This is related to that patch I posted some minutes ago? (whitelist)

Have you already added

-lilubeta -igfxbeta

to your boot-args if you are trying 10.13?

It slows the boot process a lot.

-lilubeta -igfxbeta -shikibeta -alcbeta

Exactly as i wrote. All of this kexts have same argument structure... All this arguments defined in WiKi on GitHub and Sourceforge

Thanks I was looking for anything but I must of just missed it in the Wiki. Thanks it's working now.

I used a DSDT patch created by RehabMan for use with ACPIBatteryManager.kext.  Once I got that kext to load properly via kext injection, my battery showed up in the menubar consistently.  Before that, I had the same problem as you.  I would check the box to have the battery show in the menubar and it would uncheck right after I checked it.

This is the last remaining issue for me, i already have a patched DSDT from 10.12 where my battery indicator would work and always load but in 10.13 i have to tick the box the manually every boot. When i do a kextstat|grep -y ACPIB it doesnt show me the kext is loaded. How did you get the kext to inject? I have installed it in S/L/E and in CLOVER /other. My checkbox stays checked when i check it.

This is the last remaining issue for me, i already have a patched DSDT from 10.12 where my battery indicator would work and always load but in 10.13 i have to tick the box the manually every boot. When i do a kextstat|grep -y ACPIB it doesnt show me the kext is loaded. How did you get the kext to inject? I have installed it in S/L/E and in CLOVER /other.

I think DP1's issue. I have same issue like you.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I think DP1's issue. I have same issue like you.

More than likely but i believe @mnfesq has it functioning correctly.

Had anyone else experienced the bug that, when your computer goes into video sleep, after it wakes up, the mouse is no longer visible?  I am having multiple problems with sleep.  Lid sleep doesn't work.  Selecting sleep from the Apple menu does work but, after waking up, there is no video.  I thought I'd try the old-school sleep trick and that's when I found out that you lose your cursor after waking from video sleep.  DP2 can't come fast enough for me.

Video sleep and lid sleep working correctly here, no issues coming out of sleep. 

More than likely but i believe @mnfesq has it functioning correctly.

Video sleep and lid sleep working correctly here, no issues coming out of sleep. 

i got it fixed now.

try to change your Battery name to BAT0 in dsdt. :)

post-980913-0-96222800-1497154245_thumb.png

apple laptop has BAT0

enjoy

added. suddenly disappeared battery show after reboot randomly

My battery was already BAT0 from a previous DSDT patch. Battery status stays in status bar after lid sleep but not on reboot, i have manually enable it again.

My battery was already BAT0 from a previous DSDT patch. Battery status stays in status bar after lid sleep but not on reboot, i have manually enable it again.

I checked bootlog. Battery kext log that i cant see. But loaded in ioreg. Strange

FWIW, I think I figured out the cause of the AppleACPIPlatform panics with a friend (s/o shawnanastasio). The panic occurs in _isprint, which is supposed to determine if a character is printable or not. It looks up the char value (uses it as an index) in a lookup table. In AcpiTbPrintTableHeader (which calls _isprint), the chars in the AcpiTblHdr->Signature, AcpiTblHdr->OemId, AcpiTblHdr->OemTableId, and AcpiTblHdr->AslCompilerId are checked for unprintable chars (using _isprint) [those invalid chars are replaced with a question mark]. However... it looks like Apple forgot to cast the char as unsigned, causing char values over 0x7F to become a negative integer (acpica casts it to an unsigned char, preventing the index from becoming negative). So if the Signature, OemId, OemTableId, or AslCompilerId in the ACPI table header have chars that are greater than 0x7F, they'll cause _isprint to use a negative index (causing the panic). The MATS ACPI table has a 0x98 as a char val in the AslCompilerId, causing the panic when it's not dropped. I have some more info here.

Are you also using @RehabMan ACPIBatteryManager.kext? Maybe we need to wait for him to look into it?

Ofc i used his kext. Maybe we will wait that time

Ofc i used his kext. Maybe we will wait that time

I can deal with manually ticking a box for a DP1. Everything else on my laptop is working even my wifi without any new patches, just need to change the country code. IntelGraphicsFixUp fixed the "stretched" apple logo on bootup. Trackpad works, touchpad, brightness and volume keys.

I can deal with manually ticking a box for a DP1. Everything else on my laptop is working even my wifi without any new patches, just need to change the country code. IntelGraphicsFixUp fixed the "stretched" apple logo on bootup. Trackpad works, touchpad, brightness and volume keys.

Yes. Actually i dont need wifi patch(to use. Except airport extreme). Basic function is nop.

Remains battery indication, hotspot-handoff(patch is same but show that cant use(no)).

I didnt expect many fixe in dp1. Just confirm work or not. Just for me

Thanks

Yes. Actually i dont need wifi patch(to use. Except airport extreme). Basic function is nop.

Remains battery indication, hotspot-handoff(patch is same but show that cant use(no)).

I didnt expect many fixe in dp1. Just confirm work or not. Just for me

Thanks

For WiFi all i use is FakeID

<string>0x43a014E4</string>
And this patch

<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>
</plist>

FWIW, I think I figured out the cause of the AppleACPIPlatform panics with a friend (s/o shawnanastasio). The panic occurs in _isprint, which is supposed to determine if a character is printable or not. It looks up the char value (uses it as an index) in a lookup table. In AcpiTbPrintTableHeader (which calls _isprint), the chars in the AcpiTblHdr->Signature, AcpiTblHdr->OemId, AcpiTblHdr->OemTableId, and AcpiTblHdr->AslCompilerId are checked for unprintable chars (using _isprint) [those invalid chars are replaced with a question mark]. However... it looks like Apple forgot to cast the char as unsigned, causing char values over 0x7F to become a negative integer (acpica casts it to an unsigned char, preventing the index from becoming negative). So if the Signature, OemId, OemTableId, or AslCompilerId in the ACPI table header have chars that are greater than 0x7F, they'll cause _isprint to use a negative index (causing the panic). The MATS ACPI table has a 0x98 as a char val in the AslCompilerId, causing the panic when it's not dropped. I have some more info here.

Great discovery! Please announce me if you'll have a solution in the meantime. Thanks.