fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,845 posts in this topic

It was a very ugly process but I have High Sierra running on a 40 GB partition on my SSD and all is working fairly well now except that I can't get my wifi card recognized.  The BT chip works and, when I boot up, I can see that the wifi kext is not loading properly.  That is also apparent when I look in wifi in System Information after I boot up.  My wifi card is in my signature.  Any ideas to get it to work?  BTW, I have tried both RehabMan's PCIID injection method and a kext injection method that involves 3 patches to BRCM4360 referred to as PCI Error patches.

EDIT:  OK, fixed this one on my own. It turns out that I had a DSDT patch to change the PID of my wifi card to a compatible PID for the Broadcom 4360 kext. That is not necessary with RehabMan's FakePCIID method and, in fact, conflicted with it.  I removed that from my DSDT and wifi showed up.  Now, on to the lesser fixes like sleep.

How did you get yours working on the Envy laptop? I keep getting stuck on the unable to verify firmware and I changed the SMBIOS numbers that was suggested a few pages back.

@cyberdevs could you take a look at my EFI to see if you can notice the issue. I am on Clover r4084. BTW on my posted SMBIOS I removed the serial number just for this post and I removed the themes folder for Clover so I can attach the files

Archive.zip

Advertisement

APFS, this is new... I feel just run 10.13 under "VM"  :lol:.. Recently deleted some *.plist on /Library/LauchAgents && /Library/LauchDaemons (which is IDK for what they are..?), but now it boot faster (from 3 minutes to 1 minute).

#EDIT: A little bit confusing about Virtual Machine & Virtual Memory which are also "VM" Sorry, LoL

post-826765-0-96018500-1497024182_thumb.png

How did you get yours working on the Envy laptop? I keep getting stuck on the unable to verify firmware and I changed the SMBIOS numbers that was suggested a few pages back.

@cyberdevs could you take a look at my EFI to see if you can notice the issue. I am on Clover r4084. BTW on my posted SMBIOS I removed the serial number just for this post and I removed the themes folder for Clover so I can attach the files

Try this file

Andrw0380-config.plist.zip

What is the exact model of your laptop?

I need more specs.

Try this file

Thanks will try. The exact model is Envy j-070ca. Been using MacbookPro11,1 SMBIOS for awhile for best results.

Edit: Unfortunately adding your config.plist to my EFI/Clover did not fix the issue about not being able to upgrade because of the firmware. I am currently trying to upgrade from 10.12.5. In case it helps here is exactly what happens as I posted on the high Sierra installation forum

- After files copy from the USB installer the computer will reboot

- Clover shows the install partition which I select

- After everything loads, the installer says "Installing 35 minutes remaining" 

- Within a few seconds it will go back and forth between 35 minutes and 34 minutes remaining

- After a few more seconds the installer says "calculating time remaining" for which the computer just reboots

If I run the "install from" partition to try again, the above happens the same except after "calculating time remaining" I get the error that macOS could not be installed "An error occurred while verifying firmware".

My specs are the following with my Envy 17 j-070ca

- Intel i7 4700MQ

- Intel 4600 0416 Graphics (QE/CI achieved from FakePCI)

- IDT 92HDB1XX audio

Hope this is enough details. Thanks for looking into it.

Hi,

New patch for Wifi bcm4352 id 0x43b1 -> id to be use in DSDT 0x43a0.

id 43a0 move from AirPortBrcm4360  to AirPortBrcmNIC

fcvo patch replace 81f952aa 000074bf with 81f952aa 0000ebbf

pci patch replace 4139c544 8b75d075 with 4139c5e9 92000000

Fred

Thanks will try. The exact model is Envy j-070ca. Been using MacbookPro11,1 SMBIOS for awhile for best results.

Edit: Unfortunately adding your config.plist to my EFI/Clover did not fix the issue about not being able to upgrade because of the firmware. I am currently trying to upgrade from 10.12.5. In case it helps here is exactly what happens as I posted on the high Sierra installation forum

- After files copy from the USB installer the computer will reboot

- Clover shows the install partition which I select

- After everything loads, the installer says "Installing 35 minutes remaining" 

- Within a few seconds it will go back and forth between 35 minutes and 34 minutes remaining

- After a few more seconds the installer says "calculating time remaining" for which the computer just reboots

If I run the "install from" partition to try again, the above happens the same except after "calculating time remaining" I get the error that macOS could not be installed "An error occurred while verifying firmware".

My specs are the following with my Envy 17 j-070ca

- Intel i7 4700MQ

- Intel 4600 0416 Graphics (QE/CI achieved from FakePCI)

- IDT 92HDB1XX audio

Hope this is enough details. Thanks for looking into it.

The details are great, you have lots of patches in your config.plist, so I disabled all of the patches in this file. just for the test.

Let's test it and see how it goes.

I also changed the SMBIOS settings 

config.plist.zip

Is there anyway to format disk as APFS in installer and the continue the installation. I cannot see apfs drive after first part of installation on my clover. I have apfs.efi on my driver64uefi folder on clover but disk formatted as apfs won’t show in clover boot menu. I read this topic but I cannot find any guide related to this.

For my laptop, it was necessary for me to put the apfs.efi driver in Clover/drivers64, not drivers64UEFI. 

It's restart just as the loading stage is finishing. Can't see any signs of problem with verbose boot (too fast)

I had this problem for a while too.  To get past it, I would boot into single-user mode (-s) and run fsck and mount (as instructed in single-user mode) and then type "exit" (without the quotes) and it would boot up for me.  I think my problems stopped when I enabled trim for my SSD.  Not sure why that made such a difference.

The details are great, you have lots of patches in your config.plist, so I disabled all of the patches in this file. just for the test.

Let's test it and see how it goes.

I also changed the SMBIOS settings 

OK so it still failed with the same error but this time the error came up without the computer rebooting the second time. Also I was getting ACPI errors from the patches that were disabled.

For my laptop, it was necessary for me to put the apfs.efi driver in Clover/drivers64, not drivers64UEFI. 

And by doing that, it solved the Firmware issues while installing? I only have drivers64UEFI as during Clover setup I installed Clover on UEFI only.

Someone had success with booting HighSierra with nvidia Kepler?

Yes, I have a GTX 770 (IGPU disabled) and don't have any issues with it. 

Man, if I knew how it got it to work, I'd have written a tutorial on it.  It was really a fluke.  However, I did determine that my problem, like yours was SMBIOS related.  I changed my SMBIOS version from MBP9,2 to MBP9,1 and used the May 1, 2017 date. (I entered it as 01/05/17.)  I also downloaded what I think was a modified version of Clover 4084 from here:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2438129. Thanks Needy.  (I only used the boot64.efi and clover64.efi files.  I did not use the entire Clover directory with all the files and folders in it.). However, it did install and it installed with apfs format.

Someone had success with booting HighSierra with nvidia Kepler?

Yes. GT-710 and no issues whatsoever

Don't know why my gtx660 which worked natively for so long, doesn't work now with Apple or nvidia web drivers.

Have you tried to boot with nv_disable=1 ? What smbios settings do you have? 

OK so it still failed with the same error but this time the error came up without the computer rebooting the second time. Also I was getting ACPI errors from the patches that were disabled.

And by doing that, it solved the Firmware issues while installing? I only have drivers64UEFI as during Clover setup I installed Clover on UEFI only.

Well you can enable all the patches and try again if you didn't get the Firmware Verification error. I think the SMBIOS information is correct, there was an error in the BIOS Release Date which I fixed it in the latest config I posted. I also changed the SMBIOS to MacBookPro11,4.

Try it and let me know.

Not exactly, it's a hacked installer of 10.12.5 Nvidia web driver. I downloaded and installed and everything works properly, video acceleration ok and I have all the resolutions. 

My hardware is rather old (see my signature) and I'm using an old Clover version as well (vers 3561), my everyday system is still Mavericks 10.9.5 but that Clover version can boot High Sierra as well.