fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,845 posts in this topic

so what did you change this time to get it working war-doc?

nothing just went and installed beta 5 and updated to beta 6

Advertisement

Is there no FFM FF on your config file?

Can you upload clover bootlog?

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Just waiting for NV driver...

your gtx960 has full QE/CI?

Just waiting for NV Driver... but all the rest ok!  :yes:

Boot log.zip

Just waiting for NV driver...

Just waiting for NV Driver... but all the rest ok! :yes:

Okay. Checked it.

I recommend this list on your setting.

Remove QPI value 100

Put 100,000 in bus frequency on config

QPI is for only Nehalem series

Once again a big hand for everyone who has been involved, and made this fantastic hack available!! 

macOS Sierra 10.12.6 AMD Fury STILL working fine.

I have been using since the beginning of WhatEverGreen.Kext when it was released!

Sleep mode, and everything else is working as it should be,Yeah!

However, any word about And Fury support for High Sierra?

Its booting fine, but there is no metal support and acceleration.

it's very strange that  AMD9300Controller.kext (which have all ready Fury support 0x73001002) is loading, but actually do nothing to act!

Have tried all ready ForceKextsToLoad 9300.kext and also AMDRadeonX4150.kext, AMDRadeonX4200.kext and AMDRadeonX4250.kext 7300 buffin modification with no luck!

Any clue to start digging at!

Or whether we have to wait for future HS releases for any support Fury?

today I installed fresh HS DP6 on L502X and tested it.

I will improve clover for better support high Sierra.

스크린샷 2017-08-19 오전 1.25.11.png

Thanks for your contributions so users like myself and many others can benefit. I wonder why some systems have firmware error and others don't. On my system, the "cannot update firmware error" on beta6 isn't related to clover's FF or FFM, but rather having a NVME drive connected during installation. Weird.

@dehjomz - I was also having the "an error occurred while updating firmware" problem with dp6. Your post made me think that disabling my m.2 drive in my BIOS might get me past this error. It didn't, but then I tried disabling all my SSDs in my Asus Z170 BIOS, and I was able to get past the firmware error, and High Sierra dp6 is currently installing with no problems :)

I'm installing dp6 on a Sandisk 64GB flash drive, so was able to do this, but it means you don't have to remove your SSDs - just disable them in your BIOS if you have one like Asus that lets you do this. Now, I suppose the next thing to test is which SSD is causing the firmware error. Is it my hackintosh drive or a different one (I have 4 SSDs in my system)?

eaec21cab187d075be894ec0b2034967.jpg well on beta 6 now had to use beta 5 install then update to beta 6 1 hour of work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can your hackintosh wake up from s3 sleep without blank screen at 10.12.6 and 10.13.beta6 ?

Because it was a common issue for AMD GPU higher than Radeon HD 6xxx series in the past.

Can your hackintosh wake up from s3 sleep without blank screen at 10.12.6 and 10.13.beta6 ?

Because it was a common issue for AMD GPU higher than Radeon HD 6xxx series in the past.

wake works everything in my hack works

@dehjomz - I was also having the "an error occurred while updating firmware" problem with dp6. Your post made me think that disabling my m.2 drive in my BIOS might get me past this error. It didn't, but then I tried disabling all my SSDs in my Asus Z170 BIOS, and I was able to get past the firmware error, and High Sierra dp6 is currently installing with no problems :)

I'm installing dp6 on a Sandisk 64GB flash drive, so was able to do this, but it means you don't have to remove your SSDs - just disable them in your BIOS if you have one like Asus that lets you do this. Now, I suppose the next thing to test is which SSD is causing the firmware error. Is it my hackintosh drive or a different one (I have 4 SSDs in my system)?

Can you not clone the install from your flash drive to one of your SSDs?

I can definitely confirm that disabeling all NVMes, SSDs and HDDs except the target drive to be updated ot clean installed definitely solves the "an error occurred while updating firmware" problem! Finally there is a very simple and straight solution to circumvent this annoying problem! Thanks man for this great advice!!!!

Cheers,

KGP

Can you not clone the install from your flash drive to one of your SSDs?

Hi, no need - my flash drive is just for testing out High Sierra. Once the final version of this OS gets released, I will upgrade my main hackintosh SSD drive (which has all my apps & files on it) with everything I've learnt from the beta. I suppose I could clone but this system has worked for me so far :)

@KGP-X99 - I'm glad to hear it worked for you too. I thought there might be another solution to this, as I spent too long making sure my smbios was right, and my installation was still failing. Hopefully, someone can go on and find a better workaround than having to disable drives in the BIOS, and find out why having some SSDs enabled causes this error?

Hi guys and gals! I need some help!

Ever since the last two public betas of high sierra, the 'nv_disable=1' bootflag fails to force my discrete nvidia card to boot into VESA mode. 

This is problematic because I'm using the iMAC 17,1 SMBIOS profile (I have Skylake), and as we know, this SMBIOS has the infamous 'black screen' issue on vanilla graphics kexts. 

My historical solution to fix the 'black screen' issue has been to:
1) update/install OS
2) nv_disable=1 to force VESA mode
3) run AGDPFIX to patch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to remove the 'black screen' issue
4) reboot without nv_disable=1.

However, ever since public beta 4 and now 5, the nv_disable=1 step fails to force VESA mode on my nvidia card.  (Note: Until nVidia releases High Sierra webdrivers for my Pascal Card, I'm using an old Geforce 660 TI which has native drivers built into High Sierra).  Now, what happens is by using nv_disable=1, the window server fails to load, and there's this "loop of death" where the system hangs at gIOScreenLockState. It tries to load the window server, but it fails endlessly.

So the question becomes:
1) is there a way to patch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to remove the black screen issue without needing to boot into the GUI and running AGDPFIX?  For example patch the kext from single user mode?
2) another solution to the black screen issue on a 17,1 profile? (e.g., lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup) 

My temporary workaround is to have two separate config.plist files; the main 17,1 iMac profile, and another for iMac 14,2 profile which doesn't have the 'black screen' issue.  Using the 14,2 config.plist (for the 14,2 SMBIOS), I can boot into the window server, run AGDPFIX and then reboot into the 17,1 profile.  This is less than ideal...

Any thoughts would be very helpful!

You need to use lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup

You need to use lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup

Thanks.  I gave it a shot and it works on the latest beta.

A while back I made a post and I was facing somewhat a similar problem as you do now (There was a Firmware verification failure and after that there was an error regarding the OSInstall.mpkg error)

There are few reasons for why you get that error.

1. You have EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi installed with the clover efi bootloader in one or more hard disks

and/or

2. You have nvram.plist placed on the root of the EFI partition which is another reason for that error

3. Your SMBIOS data is out dated

4. You might not have using the correct Firmware Feature and Firmware Feature Mask values

To avoid the "an error occurred while updating firmware" make sure that you are using the latest version of Clover which is r4178 at the moment (Using Build_Clover 4.5.3.command) and the official release version of Clover is r4173 at sourceforge.net

So here's what I suggest:

1. Use the latest BIOS Version, BIOS Released Date for your hack's SMBIOS (Clover Configurator can automatically provide that information.)

2. Do not use the EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi on your USB Installer the Installer doesn't need it anyway and you can add it later once you installed macOS High Sierra.

3. Make sure you have the correct FF and FFM implemented in your SMBIOS (Clover will automatically determines those values if they are not provided by the SMBIOS)

and finally I suggest that avoid using APFS on your flash drive, I did the same thing with mine and it got damaged.

Clover ESP

good

I have come to the conclusion that the problem is related to my ig platform id.  I know that Clover fills it in automatically, but what it is filling in is not working.  I need to try another.  What ig platform id do you use?

EDIT:  2 hours later, I have DP6 installed.  I used your config.plist for the iMac13,1 and the ig platform id 0x01660001.  I got video to load but no cursor.  I still managed to start the installation process by booting into my recovery partition for High Sierra.  When I rebooted after installing, that configuration no longer worked.  What worked after that was the config.plist for iMac13,1 with the video bios loaded and ig platform id of 0x01660004.  At this point, that is the only configuration that will allow video to load.  I would like to use an SMBIOS for a MBP but I will have to figure out what combination of SMBIOS and video settings to use.  

Credit goes to you, chris1111 and something I read on the TonyMac site that RehabMan wrote.  He suggested disabling the Radeon GPU and finding a valid ig platform id for some guy that had the same problem as me.  That guy was unable to solve his problem.  Too bad I'm banned there or I would post my solution.

EDIT No. 2:  Another hour later and I have determined that it is not the SMBIOS of your iMac13,1 config.plist that is making video load for me.  It is some other setting that I have not figured out.  I copied your iMac13,1 config.plist and changed the SMBIOS and the video still loads.  I'll dissect your config.plist after some sleep to figure out what setting is the magic charm.  Thanks.

Same error

e31c4a86ceb971644c4d82ffc0ffb2d9.jpg

Dear, I also have this problem, config attached, what can I do to install the 6 beta? clover 4176.

EFI asus 400I.zip

post-1538813-0-79975400-1503126266_thumb.jpg

Dear, I also have this problem, config attached, what can I do to install the 6 beta? clover 4176.

Please update your signature with the hardware specs that you are using so people can help you easier.

I have come to the conclusion that the problem is related to my ig platform id. I know that Clover fills it in automatically, but what it is filling in is not working. I need to try another. What ig platform id do you use?

EDIT: 2 hours later, I have DP6 installed. I used your config.plist for the iMac13,1 and the ig platform id 0x01660001. I got video to load but no cursor. I still managed to start the installation process by booting into my recovery partition for High Sierra. When I rebooted after installing, that configuration no longer worked. What worked after that was the config.plist for iMac13,1 with the video bios loaded and ig platform id of 0x01660004. At this point, that is the only configuration that will allow video to load. I would like to use an SMBIOS for a MBP but I will have to figure out what combination of SMBIOS and video settings to use.

Credit goes to you, chris1111 and something I read on the TonyMac site that RehabMan wrote. He suggested disabling the Radeon GPU and finding a valid ig platform id for some guy that had the same problem as me. That guy was unable to solve his problem. Too bad I'm banned there or I would post my solution.

What is resolution? Can you give me clover full log with inject intel?

EDIT1. Upload clover log for only success case.

Sierra and HS

Give this config a try

tried this config before I disconnected the internal SSD 24 GB , but still not installed, swears by the firmware. What to do?

tried this config before I disconnected the internal SSD 24 GB , but still not installed, swears by the firmware. What to do?

Did you erase the destination drive which you are trying to install macOS or you just resumed the previous installation?

What is resolution? Can you give me clover full log with inject intel?

EDIT1. Upload clover log for only success case.

Sierra and HS

Sure, the resolution is 1920x1080 and here's the boot.log.

bootlog.log.txt

Not sure what you want for Sierra.  I use different settings for that.  It uses the MBP9,2 SMBIOS and just inject Intel for graphics in config.plist.  Do you want a log of that boot?

Sure, the resolution is 1920x1080 and here's the boot.log.

attachicon.gifbootlog.log.txt

Not sure what you want for Sierra. I use different settings for that. It uses the MBP9,2 SMBIOS and just inject Intel for graphics in config.plist. Do you want a log of that boot?

Sorry for bad english.

Great info for resolution.

I just ask you that you can boot without IG issue on both Sierra and HS.

If you can get log with inject intel(put your ig value manually, dont use auto detection(blank)) on Sierra and HS, upload both log. Thanks