fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,845 posts in this topic

Question:

My External NVMe patch does suddenly not work anymore with 10.13 DP5.

Name: IONVMeFamily Find: 4885c074 07808b20 Replace: 4885c066 90808b20

Can somebody give me a working one please?

Cheers,

KGP

Hi, the patch changed... Try this one under dp5:

48 85 c0 74 07 -> ​48 85 c0 66 90

Advertisement

I got it going on SIerra and High Sierra - i9 7900x, as have a few others now. I'll start a thread and post pics of my clover, efi and kexts.

It was way easier than X99 :)

Which kernel to patch entries did you use under 10.12?

Compared to the first beta, it seems DB5 working much better with APFS on old spinning HDDs .  Successful clean install here on my GA-P55aUD3 desktop (5 series MB with legacy BIOS/i5-750/ATI HD5770) with 7200rpm HDD.  

USB installer made with "createinstallmedia method", Clover r4128 and latest apfs.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64...

post-846696-0-52669500-1502233682_thumb.png

Core.pkg method isn't working anymore in DB5, any other method to install on ICH10? I need to replace AppleAHCIPort.kext to boot.

As a work around, you can install DB5 on an external USB hard disk, replace AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 in /S/L/E with v328 (don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild kernel cache), then clone the working system back to your internal SATA hard disk eg with Carbon Copy Cloner or Disk Utility.

PS Just tried a Core install of DB5 (from my Yosemite volume to a newly formatted HFS+ partition named macOS) and it still works....

post-846696-0-25121200-1502247032_thumb.png

post-846696-0-13695800-1502247051_thumb.png

Post-Installation Terminal Commands (I had AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 and Developer SeedEnrollment.plist in my ~/Downloads folder)

sudo cp /Volumes/macOS/usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/CoreServices
sudo mv /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.329
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/AppleAHCIPort.kext /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Extensions  && sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/macOS
cp ~/Downloads/SeedEnrollment.plist /Volumes/macOS/Users/Shared/.SeedEnrollment.plist

AppleAHCIPort_v328.kext.zip

apfs.efi.zip

SeedEnrollment.plist.zip

Compared to the first beta, it seems DB5 working much better with APFS on old spinning HDDs .  Successful clean install here on my legacy GA-P55aUD3 desktop with 7200rpm HDD....  

Any of the other SATA ports on ICH10 recognised?  Try connecting the hard disk to another SATA port and see if it shows up in disk utility when you boot from the USB installer?  

As a work around, you can install DB5 on an external USB hard disk, replace AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 in /S/L/E with v328 (don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild kernel cache), then clone the working system back to your internal SATA hard disk eg with Carbon Copy Cloner or Disk Utility.

Which SATA chipset do you use? I may have better workaround then...

@cyberdevs ,high sierra 13 can be installed on ssd with apfs?

i have installed it to my Intel 600p series SSD 256gb. Since day one...when it was possible APSF.efi Thanks for that!

When it wworks nice!

post-2200747-0-17884400-1502234609_thumb.png

post-2200747-0-12439100-1502234642_thumb.png

Successful clean install here on my GA-P55aUD3 desktop (5 series chipset, legacy BIOS) with 7200rpm HDD.

What Graphics Card are you using for High Sierra with your 5-series motherboard?

I have a P55A-UD4P but am stuck on El Capitan as I am using a 9800GT and have been unable to upgrade to Sierra (and soon High Sierra)

Glad to know that I'm not alone who gotta trackpad (minor) issue on 10.13 DP5.. #NoWorry << 10.11.x Trackpad.pref works though  :P

^ both using @rehabman VoodooPS2 v1.8.27 or @EmlyDinesh ApplePS2Tp v4.7 Beta 5 (ELAN_101).

And I think it' s not a good idea to push the devs with Beta System (for TP fix)... so, it' s just a report.

SzkvUvp.jpg

#ADD: Another issue even on some Real MBPs with Beta 5: Beta 5 fails on MacBook Pro

Which SATA chipset do you use? I may have better workaround then...

I have P43 ICH10

Strange thing that on my laptop with ICH9M is working...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

What issue did you get on why you need to revert v329 to v328?

I got it going on SIerra and High Sierra - i9 7900x, as have a few others now. I'll start a thread and post pics of my clover, efi and kexts.

Oh, that's wonderful :)

Does it have a native support? or you need to use fakeCPUID?

What issue did you get on why you need to revert v329 to v328?

Stuck at waiting for root device.

Can you provide a link to your new thread please?

Hi, the patch changed... Try this one under dp5:

48 85 c0 74 07 -> ​48 85 c0 66 90

Does not work with the EVO 960 either.... Any other values?

Glad to know that I'm not alone who gotta trackpad (minor) issue on 10.13 DP5.. #NoWorry << 10.11.x Trackpad.pref works though  :P

^ both using @rehabman VoodooPS2 v1.8.27 or @EmlyDinesh ApplePS2Tp v4.7 Beta 5 (ELAN_101).

And I think it' s not a good idea to push the devs with Beta System (for TP fix)... so, it' s just a report.

SzkvUvp.jpg

#ADD: Another issue even on some Real MBPs with Beta 5: Beta 5 fails on MacBook Pro

As RehabMan said, "I'm in no hurry (it comes with age)".

It seems 10.13.pb4 has just been released along with new Command Line Tools beta for Xcode 9. According to the previous releases, this should have the same build number as dp5.

Here you go :thumbsup_anim:

Seems the same as mine... Enlarged the bytes, try it:

48 85 C0 74 07 80 8B -> 48 85 C0 90 90 80 8B

I have P43 ICH10

Strange thing that on my laptop with ICH9M is working...

Is your P43 ICH10 chipset ID 0x3a228086 ?

Oh, that's wonderful :)

Does it have a native support? or you need to use fakeCPUID?

Native support on High Sierra.

Also my patches and kexts are a fraction of what they used to be on the X99.

Add to that my oob Vega and I'm looking around for an old Mac Pro case to put it in! haha

Add to that my oob Vega and I'm looking around for an old Mac Pro case to put it in! haha

Thanks for the update! I didn't know that it has native support in High Sierra :)

X299 should look gorgeous in a MacPro Case ;) I'm looking forward to see your build once it's completed! 

48 85 C0 74 07 80 8B -> 48 85 C0 90 90 80 8B

Is your P43 ICH10 chipset ID 0x3a228086 ?

Yes

Yes

This is a simple trick which originally by @RehabMan for his HackrFamily, I'm not sure whether this will work as well, but anyway I think it's worth trying.

Firstly set FakeID for SATA in config.plist to 0xabcd8086. It looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>SATA</key>
			<string>0xabcd8086</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

And then put this dummy kext into Clover/kexts/Other or 10.13 folder. Delete the patched one from /S/L/E (Restore to vanilla one, in case you don't have it, will post the original one below)

Dummy kext: (not working, removed)

Original v329 kext from DP5:

orig_AppleAHCIPort_v329.kext.zip

Please test, if you can normally boot then, thanks.

48 85 C0 74 07 80 8B -> 48 85 C0 90 90 80 8B

Is your P43 ICH10 chipset ID 0x3a228086 ?

Nope, does not work either....

I am doing o.k. when using it as a KextToPatch entry, right?

Name*: IONVMeFamily     Find*[HEX]: 4885c074 07808b    Replace*[HEX]: 4885c090 90808b  Comment: External NVMe Icon Patch   MatchOS: 10.13.x

old entry below worked including DP4:

Name*: IONVMeFamily     Find*[HEX]: 4885c074 07808b20    Replace*[HEX]: 4885c066 90808b20  Comment: External NVMe Icon Patch   MatchOS: 10.13.x

So should I edit my previous post about SkyLake X not having the native support in Sierra? or my assumption is correct?