fantomas

[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,845 posts in this topic

Question:

My External NVMe patch does suddenly not work anymore with 10.13 DP5.

Name: IONVMeFamily Find: 4885c074 07808b20 Replace: 4885c066 90808b20

Can somebody give me a working one please?

Cheers,

KGP

Hi, the patch changed... Try this one under dp5:

48 85 c0 74 07 -> ​48 85 c0 66 90

Advertisement

I got it going on SIerra and High Sierra - i9 7900x, as have a few others now. I'll start a thread and post pics of my clover, efi and kexts.

It was way easier than X99 :)

Which kernel to patch entries did you use under 10.12?

Compared to the first beta, it seems DB5 working much better with APFS on old spinning HDDs .  Successful clean install here on my GA-P55aUD3 desktop (5 series MB with legacy BIOS/i5-750/ATI HD5770) with 7200rpm HDD.  

USB installer made with "createinstallmedia method", Clover r4128 and latest apfs.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64...

post-846696-0-52669500-1502233682_thumb.png

Core.pkg method isn't working anymore in DB5, any other method to install on ICH10? I need to replace AppleAHCIPort.kext to boot.

As a work around, you can install DB5 on an external USB hard disk, replace AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 in /S/L/E with v328 (don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild kernel cache), then clone the working system back to your internal SATA hard disk eg with Carbon Copy Cloner or Disk Utility.

PS Just tried a Core install of DB5 (from my Yosemite volume to a newly formatted HFS+ partition named macOS) and it still works....

post-846696-0-25121200-1502247032_thumb.png

post-846696-0-13695800-1502247051_thumb.png

Post-Installation Terminal Commands (I had AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 and Developer SeedEnrollment.plist in my ~/Downloads folder)

sudo cp /Volumes/macOS/usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/CoreServices
sudo mv /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.329
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/AppleAHCIPort.kext /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Extensions  && sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/macOS
cp ~/Downloads/SeedEnrollment.plist /Volumes/macOS/Users/Shared/.SeedEnrollment.plist

AppleAHCIPort_v328.kext.zip

apfs.efi.zip

SeedEnrollment.plist.zip

Compared to the first beta, it seems DB5 working much better with APFS on old spinning HDDs .  Successful clean install here on my legacy GA-P55aUD3 desktop with 7200rpm HDD....  

Any of the other SATA ports on ICH10 recognised?  Try connecting the hard disk to another SATA port and see if it shows up in disk utility when you boot from the USB installer?  

As a work around, you can install DB5 on an external USB hard disk, replace AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 in /S/L/E with v328 (don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild kernel cache), then clone the working system back to your internal SATA hard disk eg with Carbon Copy Cloner or Disk Utility.

Which SATA chipset do you use? I may have better workaround then...

@cyberdevs ,high sierra 13 can be installed on ssd with apfs?

i have installed it to my Intel 600p series SSD 256gb. Since day one...when it was possible APSF.efi Thanks for that!

When it wworks nice!

post-2200747-0-17884400-1502234609_thumb.png

post-2200747-0-12439100-1502234642_thumb.png

Successful clean install here on my GA-P55aUD3 desktop (5 series chipset, legacy BIOS) with 7200rpm HDD.

What Graphics Card are you using for High Sierra with your 5-series motherboard?

I have a P55A-UD4P but am stuck on El Capitan as I am using a 9800GT and have been unable to upgrade to Sierra (and soon High Sierra)

Glad to know that I'm not alone who gotta trackpad (minor) issue on 10.13 DP5.. #NoWorry << 10.11.x Trackpad.pref works though  :P

^ both using @rehabman VoodooPS2 v1.8.27 or @EmlyDinesh ApplePS2Tp v4.7 Beta 5 (ELAN_101).

And I think it' s not a good idea to push the devs with Beta System (for TP fix)... so, it' s just a report.

SzkvUvp.jpg

#ADD: Another issue even on some Real MBPs with Beta 5: Beta 5 fails on MacBook Pro

Which SATA chipset do you use? I may have better workaround then...

I have P43 ICH10

Strange thing that on my laptop with ICH9M is working...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

What issue did you get on why you need to revert v329 to v328?

I got it going on SIerra and High Sierra - i9 7900x, as have a few others now. I'll start a thread and post pics of my clover, efi and kexts.

Oh, that's wonderful :)

Does it have a native support? or you need to use fakeCPUID?

What issue did you get on why you need to revert v329 to v328?

Stuck at waiting for root device.

Can you provide a link to your new thread please?

Hi, the patch changed... Try this one under dp5:

48 85 c0 74 07 -> ​48 85 c0 66 90

Does not work with the EVO 960 either.... Any other values?

Glad to know that I'm not alone who gotta trackpad (minor) issue on 10.13 DP5.. #NoWorry << 10.11.x Trackpad.pref works though  :P

^ both using @rehabman VoodooPS2 v1.8.27 or @EmlyDinesh ApplePS2Tp v4.7 Beta 5 (ELAN_101).

And I think it' s not a good idea to push the devs with Beta System (for TP fix)... so, it' s just a report.

SzkvUvp.jpg

#ADD: Another issue even on some Real MBPs with Beta 5: Beta 5 fails on MacBook Pro

As RehabMan said, "I'm in no hurry (it comes with age)".

It seems 10.13.pb4 has just been released along with new Command Line Tools beta for Xcode 9. According to the previous releases, this should have the same build number as dp5.

Here you go :thumbsup_anim:

Seems the same as mine... Enlarged the bytes, try it:

48 85 C0 74 07 80 8B -> 48 85 C0 90 90 80 8B

I have P43 ICH10

Strange thing that on my laptop with ICH9M is working...

Is your P43 ICH10 chipset ID 0x3a228086 ?

Oh, that's wonderful :)

Does it have a native support? or you need to use fakeCPUID?

Native support on High Sierra.

Also my patches and kexts are a fraction of what they used to be on the X99.

Add to that my oob Vega and I'm looking around for an old Mac Pro case to put it in! haha

Add to that my oob Vega and I'm looking around for an old Mac Pro case to put it in! haha

Thanks for the update! I didn't know that it has native support in High Sierra :)

X299 should look gorgeous in a MacPro Case ;) I'm looking forward to see your build once it's completed! 

48 85 C0 74 07 80 8B -> 48 85 C0 90 90 80 8B

Is your P43 ICH10 chipset ID 0x3a228086 ?

Yes

Yes

This is a simple trick which originally by @RehabMan for his HackrFamily, I'm not sure whether this will work as well, but anyway I think it's worth trying.

Firstly set FakeID for SATA in config.plist to 0xabcd8086. It looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>SATA</key>
			<string>0xabcd8086</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

And then put this dummy kext into Clover/kexts/Other or 10.13 folder. Delete the patched one from /S/L/E (Restore to vanilla one, in case you don't have it, will post the original one below)

Dummy kext: (not working, removed)

Original v329 kext from DP5:

orig_AppleAHCIPort_v329.kext.zip

Please test, if you can normally boot then, thanks.

48 85 C0 74 07 80 8B -> 48 85 C0 90 90 80 8B

Is your P43 ICH10 chipset ID 0x3a228086 ?

Nope, does not work either....

I am doing o.k. when using it as a KextToPatch entry, right?

Name*: IONVMeFamily     Find*[HEX]: 4885c074 07808b    Replace*[HEX]: 4885c090 90808b  Comment: External NVMe Icon Patch   MatchOS: 10.13.x

old entry below worked including DP4:

Name*: IONVMeFamily     Find*[HEX]: 4885c074 07808b20    Replace*[HEX]: 4885c066 90808b20  Comment: External NVMe Icon Patch   MatchOS: 10.13.x

So should I edit my previous post about SkyLake X not having the native support in Sierra? or my assumption is correct?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      ---TUTORIAL---

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685

--Original Post--

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=11237

--Bios/UEFI Settings--

*Update bios/uefi to F7+*
      1- Go to M.I.T./Advanced Frequency Settings tab

Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile 1

2- Go to BIOS tab

CSM Support - Disabled

3- Go to Peripherals/Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration tab

Security Level - No Security
      Thunderbolt USB Support - Enabled
      GPIO3 Force Pwr - Enabled

4- Go to Chipset tab

Internal Graphics - Enable

---CLOVER FOLDER---
      https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/EFI CLOVER Z390 DESIGNARE.zip
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED

---OPENCORE FOLDER---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&amp;t=10578
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED

---Extract one Full dump for DSDT edits, post files---

RunMe.app

---HARDWARE---

--MOBO

GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Z390-DESIGNARE-Gigabyte-Thunderbolt-Motherboard/dp/B07K8RJZRG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Z390+DESIGNARE&qid=1565492390&s=electronics&sr=1-1

--PROCESSOR

Intel Core i9-9900K
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i9-9900K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B005404P9I/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Intel+Core+i9-9900K&qid=1553358099&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

--COOLER

CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-H100i-PLATINUM-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07JWB5BSN/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=WATER+COOLER+CPU&qid=1565492509&s=gateway&sr=8-4

--MEMORY

Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMW32GX4M2C3200C16-Vengeance-PC4-25600-Desktop/dp/B07GTG2T7L/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=memory+ddr4+32&qid=1553358238&s=gateway&sr=8-15

--GPU

MSI RX Vega 64 AIR Boost 8G OC
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RX-64-AIR-8G/dp/B07DH7S1X1/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=vega+64+gigabyte&qid=1565492819&s=electronics&sr=1-2

--SSD

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) NVMe M.2 V-NAND
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-EVO-1TB-MZ-V7E1T0BW/dp/B07BN217QG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=s+samsung+970+evo+1tb&qid=1565493002&s=electronics&sr=1-1

--POWER SUPPLY

EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular 
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Platinum-Crossfire-220-P2-1000-XR/dp/B00EKJQM5E/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=power+supply+1000w&qid=1565493196&s=gateway&sr=8-3

--WIRELESS

TP-Link Archer T9E
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-T9E-Beamforming-Technology/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=TP-Link+Archer+T9E&qid=1553358397&s=gateway&sr=8-1

--CASE

Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition ATX Open Frame Panoramic Viewing
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Tempered-Panoramic-Certified-CA-1E7-00M1WN-03/dp/B01N4IGVSC/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Thermaltake+Core+P5&qid=1565493567&s=gateway&sr=8-2

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ACPI ERRORS -FIX OEM SSDTs to AVOID ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA -DMAC -REMOVE PROBLEMATIC AND UNUSED DEVICES -FIX K.P in REBOOT -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -CNVW -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES ---SCREENSHOTs---

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Thanks to KGP for SSDT Thunderbolt
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By ludufre
      New guide available for macOS Catalina 10.15 (i3 and i5 versions)!

Installing macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 on ASUS VivoBook S400C (also know as S400CA)
      Specifically in S400CA-CA178H model, most likely all other models are compatible

Updates:

12/20/2017 04:41h GMT-0
      - Added config.plist.
      - Added USBs.kext to replace FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and USBInjectAll.kext.

12/11/2017 20:26h GMT-0

- Added update instructions.

- I use SSD. I set the guide for HDD too. Small change.

11/29/2017 01:10h GMT-0

- Added USB 3.0 Kexts

- Bonus: Touchscreen now works.

11/29/2017 00:18h GMT-0

- Added HDMI audio patch to Clover

11/24/2017 00:16h GMT-0

- Complete rewritten.

What works and what does not work

- Processor ->  Work. All SpeedStep stages.
      - Video Card ->  Work. HD4000. Full QE/CI.
      - Chipset ->  Work.
      - HDMI ->  Work. Audio too.
      - VGA ->  Not work.
      - Audio ->  Work.
      - WiFi ->  Not work. Need to be replaced.
      - Ethernet->  Work.
      - Keyboard and touchpad ->  Work.
      - FN keyboards keys ->  Work.
      - Brightness control ->  Work.
      - Touchscreen ->  Work.
      - Sleep ->  Work.
      - Battery ->  Work.
      - Card Reader -> Not tested yet. (TODO)
      - Integrated Camera ->  Work.
      - Bluetooth ->  Not work.
      - 2nd stage boot logo ->  Not work.

What you need to install

- Running install of macOS on VMware -> Downloaded version 10.13 via torrent (search by "10.13 vmware" torrent). You can use a real Mac of an friend. My method only tested on Mavericks (10.9) and above.
      - One USB flash drive of 8GB or bigger.
      - macOS High Sierra install app -> Downloaded via App Store inside the virtual machine. Downloaded version 10.13.2.
      - CloverEFI -> Also download inside the virtual machine. I used build 4334.
      - DSDT patch skills -> Needed to battery works. How to patch DSDT. Or you can download mine DSDT below, but would not recommend.

How create the install disk

Prepare flash drive:

Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "Install".

- Open Disk Utility.
      - Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
      - Select the destination flash drive, then Erase.
      - Name: Install, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map

If the Erase popup in Disk Utility don't work. Close it and run this in terminal:

diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ Install /dev/diskX X is the number of the destination disk. Use "diskutil list" to discover.

Create install files in flash drive:

Open terminal and run this command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction This will take about 30 minutes.

Install bootloader:

You need to format the EFI partition of the install flash drive to FAT32:

sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI /dev/diskXs1 X is the number of the disk. Use "diskutil list" to discover.

Download the CloverEFI (used 4334) and install with this options on "Install macOS High Sierra":

Options:

- Install for UEFI booting only
      - Install Clover in the ESP
      - Drivers64UEFI - CsmVideoDxe-64
      - Drivers64UEFI - OsxAptioFixDrv-64

Adjust the config.plist genereated:

Will be created a partition named EFI. Edit the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist inside this new partition and change those values:

- Alter value: GUI - ScreenResolution to 1366x768
      - Rename key: Graphics - #Inject -> Inject
      - Alter value: Graphics - Inject - ATI - FALSE
      - Alter value: Graphics - Inject - Intel - TRUE
      - Rename key: Graphics - #ig-platform-id -> ig-platform-id
      - Alter value: Graphics - ig-platform-id to 0x01660003
      - Alter value: KernelAndKextPatches - AppleIntelCPUPM to TRUE
      - Rename key: #KextsToPatch -> KextsToPatch
      - Remove all <dict>...</dict> in <array> inside KextsToPatch
      - Add <dict/> bellow in <array> inside KextsToPatch:

<dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>HD 4000 brightness fix</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> EAcAABAHAAA= </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> EhMAABITAAA= </data> </dict>  
      P.s.: I will provide below my config.plist as attachment.

Add essentials Kexts:

Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13/

- Download the Smart Touchpad kext from here. I used the version 4.7 beta 5.
      - Download the HWSensors dmg and use the FakeSMC.kext from inside. I used the version 6.26.1440. This is very important. Can't boot without it.

Put the Clover installer on the flash drive too.

Now you can start the instalation without problem (I guess).

BIOS Setup Configuration and Installation

Bios configuration:

- Shutdown the ultrabook and insert the flash drive on the left side on upper port (on the side Keystone hole).
      - Power on with F2 pressed to enter BIOS setup.
      - Go to "Save & Exit" and press "Restore Defaults".
      - Go to "Advanced" tab and change VT-d to Disabled.
      - Go to "Save & Exit" again and select "Save Changes and Exit".
      - When ASUS logo appear, press and hold ESC to enter Boot Menu.
      - Select the flash drive named with UEFI prefix. In my case "UEFI: KingstonDataTraveler 2.0PMAP".
      - The clover menu will show. Use the arrow keys to mark the flash drive. The option name is "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra", then press Enter.
      - If you did everything correctly, you will see the installation screen.
      BUG Note: I delete all entries from the list. With that, I could not add anything else. It just didn't work. I had to put some USB device so the list is not empty, so I can add a new entry. Strange thing...

Format destination disk:

Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "HD".

- Select Disk Utility in the list, then press Continue.
      - Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
      - Select the destination Disk, then Erase.
      - Name: HD, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map

If the Erase popup in Disk Utility don't work. Close it and run this in terminal:

diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ HD /dev/diskX X is the number of the destination disk. Use "diskutil list" to discover.

Close Disk Utility.

If the destination is SSD: Start installation without APFS conversion:

Open Terminal and run:

/Volumes/Image\ Volume/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/HD --converttoapfs NO --agreetolicense This will take about 20 minutes.

If the destination is HDD: Start installation normally:

Select "Install macOS", then Continue.
      Follow instructions in screen.

After install:

After first part install the system will reboot.

In Clover main menu, press enter in "Boot macOS Install from Install macOS High Sierra" once again

The second part of the installation will begin. This will take 16 minutes.

Post installation

Install bootloader:

When the second part of install finish, the system will reboot again.

After performing the user initial setup and go to the desktop, you need to install Clover on internal disk.

Open the Clover installer inside flash drive that you copied before.

Use same options above but choose the system partition this time.

Now you need to replace the EFI folder inside your internal disk EFI parittion with EFI folder inside flash card EFI partition.

The flash drive EFI partition is unmounted. Mount with "diskutil mount /dev/rdiskXs1". To know what X is, use "diskutil list", most likely is 1.

Add Clover entry to UEFI:

Now remove flash drive and restart the system. With F2 pressed to enter UEFI BIOS.

- Go to "Boot" and press "Add New Boot Option".
      - Select "Add boot option", write CLOVER and press Enter.
      - In "Select Filesystem", choose the option that contains "HD". Like "PCI(1F|2)\DevicePath(Type 3, SubType 12)HD(Part1,Sig2a0127c1-ea5d-44d3-8967-57e59c1f0e3b)".
      - Select "Path for boot option", write EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi and press Enter.
      - Select "Create" and press enter.
      - Go to "Save & Exit" and select "Save Changes and Exit".

Others Kexts:

I strongly recommend always use newest versions. If you are too lazy, I attach on end of the post.

Ethernet: AtherosE2200Ethernet 2.2.2
      Sound: VoodooHDA 2.9.0d10 (.kext only)

You need to select the output there in System Preferences after reboot.
      Battery: ACPIBatteryManager by RehabMan (version 2017-1001). You need to path DSDT (below).
      Integrated Camera: AnyiSightCam
      USB 3.0 + Touchscreen: Attached USBs.kext below

All kexts will placed inside /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13/, mount again this partition (diskutil mount rdiskXs1) for it.

Fine Adjustiment

Enable FN keys
      Open "ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist":
      - Alter value: Fn keys Layout to ASUS
      - Alter value: Fn keys Mode to 3
      - Alter value: Preferences - Swap alt and windows key to false

Sleep work, but Hibernate not. Disable it:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 HDMI Audio
      Add <dict/>'s bellow in <array> inside KextsToPatch, in config.plist:

<dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>HDMI-audio HD4000 0x01660003, port 0406</string> <key>Find</key> <data>BAYAAAAEAACBAAAA</data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string> <key>Replace</key> <data>BAYAAAAIAAAGAAAA</data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>HDMI-audio HD4000 0x01660003, port 0304</string> <key>Find</key> <data>AwQAAAAEAACBAAAA</data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string> <key>Replace</key> <data>AwQAAAAIAAAGAAAA</data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>HDMI-audio HD4000 0x01660003, port 0205</string> <key>Find</key> <data>AgUAAAAEAAAHBAAA</data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string> <key>Replace</key> <data>AgUAAAAIAAAGAAAA</data> </dict> DSDT Patchs

First of all, extract your system DSDT.aml pressioning F4 on Clover boot menu. Will be stored in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin.
      Copy to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and apply following patchs using MaciASL:

Battery (ASUS N55LS/Vivobook)

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches #battery_ASUS-N55SL.txt # created by RehabMan 8/12/2013 # created originally for jesselid # works for: # ASUS N55SL, BIOS rev. 204 # ASUS VivoBook series # ASUS Zenbook UX31A # ASUS UX301LA # ASUS X553E-SX399V # ASUS F501A # ASUS K55VM # ASUS U46SV, BIOS rev. 2.04 # ASUS N43 # ASUS PU500CA (90NB00F1-M01120) # ASUS N73SV # ASUS X401A-WX108 # ASUS F551CA Bios rev. 207 # ASUS S551LB VivoBook # ASUS ZenBook UX32VD # ASUS F550L-X455H # ASUS X53S # ASUS K550JD-XX003H # ASUS G53SX # ASUS K56CB # ASUS UX305 into method label B1B2 remove_entry; into definitionblock code_regex . insert begin Method (B1B2, 2, NotSerialized) { Return (Or (Arg0, ShiftLeft (Arg1, 8))) }\n end; # not really for battery, but might come in handy to read fan speed(s) into device label EC0 code_regex TAH0,\s+16 replace_matched begin TH00,8,TH01,8 end; into device label EC0 code_regex TAH1,\s+16 replace_matched begin TH10,8,TH11,8 end; into method label TACH code_regex \(TAH0, replace_matched begin (B1B2(TH00,TH01), end; into method label TACH code_regex \(TAH1, replace_matched begin (B1B2(TH10,TH11), end; into method label GFAN code_regex \(\\_SB\.PCI0\.LPCB\.EC0\.TAH0, replace_matched begin (B1B2(\\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.TH00,\\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.TH01), end; # battery EC into device label EC0 code_regex B0SN,\s+16 replace_matched begin B0S0,8,B0S1,8 end; into device label EC0 code_regex B1SN,\s+16 replace_matched begin B1S0,8,B1S1,8 end; into method label BIFA code_regex \(B0SN, replace_matched begin (B1B2(B0S0,B0S1), end; into method label BIFA code_regex \(B1SN, replace_matched begin (B1B2(B1S0,B1S1), end; into device label EC0 code_regex DT2B,\s+16 replace_matched begin T2B0,8,T2B1,8 end; into method label SMBR code_regex \(DT2B, replace_matched begin (B1B2(T2B0,T2B1), end; into method label SMBW code_regex Store\s+\(([^,]*),\s+DT2B\) replace_matched begin Store(%1,T2B0) Store(ShiftRight(%1,8),T2B1) end; into device label EC0 insert begin Method (RDBA, 0, Serialized)\n {\n Name (TEMP, Buffer(0x20) { })\n Store (BA00, Index(TEMP, 0x00))\n Store (BA01, Index(TEMP, 0x01))\n Store (BA02, Index(TEMP, 0x02))\n Store (BA03, Index(TEMP, 0x03))\n Store (BA04, Index(TEMP, 0x04))\n Store (BA05, Index(TEMP, 0x05))\n Store (BA06, Index(TEMP, 0x06))\n Store (BA07, Index(TEMP, 0x07))\n Store (BA08, Index(TEMP, 0x08))\n Store (BA09, Index(TEMP, 0x09))\n Store (BA0A, Index(TEMP, 0x0A))\n Store (BA0B, Index(TEMP, 0x0B))\n Store (BA0C, Index(TEMP, 0x0C))\n Store (BA0D, Index(TEMP, 0x0D))\n Store (BA0E, Index(TEMP, 0x0E))\n Store (BA0F, Index(TEMP, 0x0F))\n Store (BA10, Index(TEMP, 0x10))\n Store (BA11, Index(TEMP, 0x11))\n Store (BA12, Index(TEMP, 0x12))\n Store (BA13, Index(TEMP, 0x13))\n Store (BA14, Index(TEMP, 0x14))\n Store (BA15, Index(TEMP, 0x15))\n Store (BA16, Index(TEMP, 0x16))\n Store (BA17, Index(TEMP, 0x17))\n Store (BA18, Index(TEMP, 0x18))\n Store (BA19, Index(TEMP, 0x19))\n Store (BA1A, Index(TEMP, 0x1A))\n Store (BA1B, Index(TEMP, 0x1B))\n Store (BA1C, Index(TEMP, 0x1C))\n Store (BA1D, Index(TEMP, 0x1D))\n Store (BA1E, Index(TEMP, 0x1E))\n Store (BA1F, Index(TEMP, 0x1F))\n Return (TEMP)\n }\n end; into device label EC0 insert begin Method (WRBA, 1, Serialized)\n {\n Name (TEMP, Buffer(0x20) { })\n Store (Arg0, TEMP)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x00)), BA00)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x01)), BA01)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x02)), BA02)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x03)), BA03)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x04)), BA04)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x05)), BA05)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x06)), BA06)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x07)), BA07)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x08)), BA08)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x09)), BA09)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0A)), BA0A)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0B)), BA0B)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0C)), BA0C)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0D)), BA0D)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0E)), BA0E)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0F)), BA0F)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x10)), BA10)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x11)), BA11)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x12)), BA12)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x13)), BA13)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x14)), BA14)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x15)), BA15)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x16)), BA16)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x17)), BA17)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x18)), BA18)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x19)), BA19)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1A)), BA1A)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1B)), BA1B)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1C)), BA1C)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1D)), BA1D)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1E)), BA1E)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1F)), BA1F)\n }\n end; into device label EC0 code_regex BDAT,\s+256 replace_matched begin //BDAT, 256,\n BA00,8,BA01,8,BA02,8,BA03,8,\n BA04,8,BA05,8,BA06,8,BA07,8,\n BA08,8,BA09,8,BA0A,8,BA0B,8,\n BA0C,8,BA0D,8,BA0E,8,BA0F,8,\n BA10,8,BA11,8,BA12,8,BA13,8,\n BA14,8,BA15,8,BA16,8,BA17,8,\n BA18,8,BA19,8,BA1A,8,BA1B,8,\n BA1C,8,BA1D,8,BA1E,8,BA1F,8\n end; into method label SMBR code_regex \(BDAT, replaceall_matched begin (RDBA(), end; into method label SMBR code_regex Store\s\((.*),\sBDAT\) replaceall_matched begin WRBA(%1) end; into method label SMBW code_regex Store\s\((.*),\sBDAT\) replaceall_matched begin WRBA(%1) end; into method label ECSB code_regex Store\s\((.*),\sBDAT\) replaceall_matched begin WRBA(%1) end; into method label ECSB code_regex \(BDAT, replaceall_matched begin (RDBA(), end; into device label EC0 insert begin Method (RDBB, 0, Serialized)\n {\n Name (TEMP, Buffer(0x20) { })\n Store (BB00, Index(TEMP, 0x00))\n Store (BB01, Index(TEMP, 0x01))\n Store (BB02, Index(TEMP, 0x02))\n Store (BB03, Index(TEMP, 0x03))\n Store (BB04, Index(TEMP, 0x04))\n Store (BB05, Index(TEMP, 0x05))\n Store (BB06, Index(TEMP, 0x06))\n Store (BB07, Index(TEMP, 0x07))\n Store (BB08, Index(TEMP, 0x08))\n Store (BB09, Index(TEMP, 0x09))\n Store (BB0A, Index(TEMP, 0x0A))\n Store (BB0B, Index(TEMP, 0x0B))\n Store (BB0C, Index(TEMP, 0x0C))\n Store (BB0D, Index(TEMP, 0x0D))\n Store (BB0E, Index(TEMP, 0x0E))\n Store (BB0F, Index(TEMP, 0x0F))\n Store (BB10, Index(TEMP, 0x10))\n Store (BB11, Index(TEMP, 0x11))\n Store (BB12, Index(TEMP, 0x12))\n Store (BB13, Index(TEMP, 0x13))\n Store (BB14, Index(TEMP, 0x14))\n Store (BB15, Index(TEMP, 0x15))\n Store (BB16, Index(TEMP, 0x16))\n Store (BB17, Index(TEMP, 0x17))\n Store (BB18, Index(TEMP, 0x18))\n Store (BB19, Index(TEMP, 0x19))\n Store (BB1A, Index(TEMP, 0x1A))\n Store (BB1B, Index(TEMP, 0x1B))\n Store (BB1C, Index(TEMP, 0x1C))\n Store (BB1D, Index(TEMP, 0x1D))\n Store (BB1E, Index(TEMP, 0x1E))\n Store (BB1F, Index(TEMP, 0x1F))\n Return (TEMP)\n }\n end; into device label EC0 insert begin Method (WRBB, 1, Serialized)\n {\n Name (TEMP, Buffer(0x20) { })\n Store (Arg0, TEMP)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x00)), BB00)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x01)), BB01)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x02)), BB02)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x03)), BB03)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x04)), BB04)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x05)), BB05)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x06)), BB06)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x07)), BB07)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x08)), BB08)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x09)), BB09)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0A)), BB0A)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0B)), BB0B)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0C)), BB0C)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0D)), BB0D)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0E)), BB0E)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x0F)), BB0F)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x10)), BB10)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x11)), BB11)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x12)), BB12)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x13)), BB13)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x14)), BB14)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x15)), BB15)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x16)), BB16)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x17)), BB17)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x18)), BB18)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x19)), BB19)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1A)), BB1A)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1B)), BB1B)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1C)), BB1C)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1D)), BB1D)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1E)), BB1E)\n Store (DerefOf(Index(TEMP, 0x1F)), BB1F)\n }\n end; into device label EC0 code_regex BDA2,\s+256 replace_matched begin //BDA2, 256,\n BB00,8,BB01,8,BB02,8,BB03,8,\n BB04,8,BB05,8,BB06,8,BB07,8,\n BB08,8,BB09,8,BB0A,8,BB0B,8,\n BB0C,8,BB0D,8,BB0E,8,BB0F,8,\n BB10,8,BB11,8,BB12,8,BB13,8,\n BB14,8,BB15,8,BB16,8,BB17,8,\n BB18,8,BB19,8,BB1A,8,BB1B,8,\n BB1C,8,BB1D,8,BB1E,8,BB1F,8\n end; into method label SMBR code_regex \(BDA2, replaceall_matched begin (RDBB(), end; into method label SMBR code_regex Store\s\((.*),\sBDA2\) replaceall_matched begin WRBB(%1) end; into method label SMBW code_regex Store\s\((.*),\sBDA2\) replaceall_matched begin WRBB(%1) end; into method label ECSB code_regex Store\s\((.*),\sBDA2\) replaceall_matched begin WRBB(%1) end; into method label ECSB code_regex \(BDA2, replaceall_matched begin (RDBB(), end; # additional work for _BIX method present in some ASUS laptops into device label EC0 code_regex B0C3,\s+16 replace_matched begin XC30,8,XC31,8 end; into device label EC0 code_regex B1C3,\s+16 replace_matched begin YC30,8,YC31,8 end; into_all method label _BIX code_regex \(\^\^LPCB\.EC0\.B0C3, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^LPCB.EC0.XC30,^^LPCB.EC0.XC31), end; into_all method label _BIX code_regex \(\^\^LPCB\.EC0\.B1C3, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^LPCB.EC0.YC30,^^LPCB.EC0.YC31), end; # or could remove the _BIX method if it turns out not to work #into_all method label _BIX remove_entry; Fix Sleep issues caused by USBs

[usb] 7-series/8-series USB

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches #usb_USB_7-series.txt # USB property injection for 7-series boards (originally HM76) # Insert Apple USB properties into EHC1 into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001D0000 remove_entry; into device name_adr 0x001D0000 insert begin Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n {\n If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n Return (Package()\n {\n "AAPL,clock-id", Buffer() { 0x01 },\n "built-in", Buffer() { 0x00 },\n "subsystem-id", Buffer() { 0x70, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer() { 0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "AAPL,current-available", 2100,\n "AAPL,current-extra", 2200,\n "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 1600,\n "AAPL,device-internal", 0x02,\n "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 2100,\n })\n }\n end; # Insert Apple USB properties into EHC2 into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001A0000 remove_entry; into device name_adr 0x001A0000 insert begin Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n {\n If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n Return (Package()\n {\n "AAPL,clock-id", Buffer() { 0x01 },\n "built-in", Buffer() { 0x00 },\n "subsystem-id", Buffer() { 0x70, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer() { 0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "AAPL,current-available", 2100,\n "AAPL,current-extra", 2200,\n "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 1600,\n "AAPL,device-internal", 0x02,\n "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 2100,\n })\n }\n end; # Insert Apple USB properties into USB 3.0 XHC into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry; into device name_adr 0x00140000 insert begin Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n {\n If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n Return (Package()\n {\n "AAPL,clock-id", Buffer() { 0x02 },\n "built-in", Buffer() { 0x00 },\n "subsystem-id", Buffer() { 0x70, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer() { 0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "AAPL,current-available", 2100,\n "AAPL,current-extra", 2200,\n "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 1600,\n "AAPL,device-internal", 0x02,\n "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 2100,\n })\n }\n end; [usb] USB3 _PRW 0x0D (instant wake)

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches #usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt # remove _PRW methods to prevent instant wake # delete any existing XHC1 device into device label XHC1 name_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry; # delete any existing USB2 device into device label USB2 name_adr 0x001D0000 remove_entry; # if _PRW objects are methods into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x001D0000 remove_entry; into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x001A0000 remove_entry; into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry; into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x001B0000 remove_entry; # some other LAN cards use 0x00190000 into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x00190000 remove_entry; # if _PRW methods are stuffed into a separate scope into method label _PRW parent_label _SB.PCI0.EHC1 remove_entry; into method label _PRW parent_label _SB.PCI0.EHC2 remove_entry; into method label _PRW parent_label _SB.PCI0.XHC remove_entry; into method label _PRW parent_label \_SB.PCI0.EHC1 remove_entry; into method label _PRW parent_label \_SB.PCI0.EHC2 remove_entry; into method label _PRW parent_label \_SB.PCI0.XHC remove_entry; # if _PRW objects are names into device name_adr 0x001D0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched; into device name_adr 0x001A0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched; into device name_adr 0x00140000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched; into device name_adr 0x001B0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched; into device name_adr 0x00190000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched; # some _PRW have three entries in the Package into device name_adr 0x001D0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched; into device name_adr 0x001A0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched; into device name_adr 0x00140000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched; into device name_adr 0x001B0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched; into device name_adr 0x00190000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched; # seems to work better if _PRW is present, but returns 0 (original was 3) for sleep state into device name_adr 0x001D0000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 }) end; into device name_adr 0x001A0000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 }) end; into device name_adr 0x00140000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 }) end; into device name_adr 0x001B0000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 }) end; into device name_adr 0x00190000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 }) end; # USB property injection for 7-series boards (originally HM76) # Insert Apple USB properties into EHC1 into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001D0000 remove_entry; into device name_adr 0x001D0000 insert begin Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n {\n If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n Return (Package()\n {\n "subsystem-id", Buffer() { 0x70, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer() { 0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "AAPL,current-available", 2100,\n "AAPL,current-extra", 2200,\n "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 1600,\n "AAPL,device-internal", 0x02,\n "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 2100,\n })\n }\n end; # Insert Apple USB properties into EHC2 into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001A0000 remove_entry; into device name_adr 0x001A0000 insert begin Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n {\n If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n Return (Package()\n {\n "subsystem-id", Buffer() { 0x70, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer() { 0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "AAPL,current-available", 2100,\n "AAPL,current-extra", 2200,\n "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 1600,\n "AAPL,device-internal", 0x02,\n "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 2100,\n })\n }\n end; # Insert Apple USB properties into USB 3.0 XHC into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry; into device name_adr 0x00140000 insert begin Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n {\n If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n Return (Package()\n {\n "subsystem-id", Buffer() { 0x70, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer() { 0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "AAPL,current-available", 2100,\n "AAPL,current-extra", 2200,\n "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 1600,\n "AAPL,device-internal", 0x02,\n "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 2100,\n })\n }\n end; # special cases... (not in u430 DSDT) #into scope label _SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB.HS05 set_label begin _SB.PCI0.XHC1.RHUB.HS05 end;
      It's done!

Updating to 10.13.2:

Just install Clover 4334 or more recent before install of the update.

To do list

- Replace VoodooHDA by aDummyHDA (AppleHDA Patcher).

Can't make mic/output jack work. I don't know how fix the layout.

- Hibernate

Hibernate not work. The system not resume. (temporarily disabled with "pmset -a hibernatemode 0")

Ps.: Sleep work.

- Brightness and Audio adjustment by FN keys

Need time to search DSDT patch.

Attached files used in the installation. For God's sake, always use the newest versions.

And last but not least

I would like to thank the following community members, by making these dream possible:
      @crushers, @snatch, @apianti, @blackosx, @blusseau, @dmazar, @slice2009, @autumnrain, @phpdev32, @EMlyDinEsH, @RehabMan, @Scellow, @mitch_de, @Shailua, @Andy Vandijck, @maxfierke, @ArturXXX, @LexHimself, @brumas and all others members involved directly or indirectly.

ACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip
      AnyiSightCam.kext.zip
      ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext.zip
      AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext.zip
      FakeSMC.kext.zip
      VoodooHDA.kext.zip
      FakePCIID.kext.zip
      FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.zip
      USBInjectAll.kext.zip
      config.plist.zip
      USBs.kext.zip
    • By fantomas
      macOS Catalina 10.15.2 beta (19C32e)
    • By kushwavez
      Acer Aspire V15 V5-591G - Catalina 10.15.1
      Original link:
      https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11355-acer-aspire-v-15-v5-591g-catalina-windows-10/
      (Note: mine is 55TU version, but the bootpack will work fine with another versions of 591G, for example: V5-591G-71K2, -764Z, -59PU, etc.)
      Specifications:
      - Motherboard: USOPP_SLS (Skylake-H PCH)
      - BIOS: Insyde Corp. v 1.15
      - CPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz (Skylake)
      - GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 2 GB (Optimus) & Intel HD Graphics 530
      - RAM: SK hynix 4 GB DDR4 (Later I bought + KINGSTON 4 GB) 2133 MHz
      - WiFi + Bluetooth: Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A 5 GHz (Later -> Broadcom BRCM94352Z M.2 5 GHz WiFi + 4.0 Bluetooth)
      - Audio: Realtek HD Audio: ALC 255 
      - Ethernet: Realtek RTL8168/8111
      - Card Reader: Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader (USB2.0-CRW)
      - Webcam: HD Webcam
      - HDD: TOSHIBA MQ01ACF032 320 GB HDD
      - SSD: SPCC M.2 230 GB SSD
      - Display: 1366x768 (15.6", Matte)
      - Battery: 6 cell 56Wh / 5040mAh
      - Connectors: 
      1x SD Card Reader 2x USB 3.0 (1x USB Charging), 1x USB 2.0 1x VGA 1x HDMI 1x 3.5mm microphone/audio combined jack connector 1x Ethernet (Rj-45) - Keyboard & Touchpad: Multi-Touch & Multi-gestures ELAN 501 Touchpad, Backlight Keyboard.
      Working:  
      - Wi-Fi (with BCM94352Z)
      - Bluetooth hand-off (With BCM94352Z)
      - Full Graphics enabled on HD 530: ig-platform-id: 0x191b0000 (HD 530 Mobile)
      - Display: if default colour profile is corrupted (blue is not actual blue but purplish) Use "Rec. ITU-R BT. 709-5" Color Profile (System Pref. -> Displays -> Color)
      - HDMI & VGA Outputs: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext Clover patch
      - Audio (ALC 255): (Internal Speakers, Internal Microphone, Headphone jack with AppleALC, ALCPlugFix -> layout-id=17)
      - Ethernet Realtek 8168/8111: RealtekRTL8111.kext
      - App Store, Messages, FaceTime, Siri, iCloud (native)
      - Integrated webcam (native)
      - 3.0 USB (native)
      - Touchpad and Keyboard (ELAN501): Fn keys are good, the weird thing is the Brightness key. On my keyboard it's Pause Break:Br-up, Fn+F12:Br-dwn-> To fix this try Karabiner (VoodoPS2Controller.kext), - for gestures try SmartTouchpad drivers
      - Battery info: Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext with Kext Utility or other installer.
      - Sleep Mode
      - SSD with TRIM enabled (to enable trim, open Terminal and write "sudo trimforce enable")
      Not working:
      - Original Wi-Fi (Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A):  unsupported, you need switch to BCM94352Z or just use a mini usb wifi dongle.
      - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M: Optimus not supported.
      - Card Reader: Unsupported -> Can't really fix because I don't have any SD Card at the moment, maybe can be fixed by adding Prod & Ven IDs to AppleStorageDevices.kext, I never used it anyway. name: "USB2.0-CRW" Prod ID: "0x0129" Ven ID: "0x0bda  (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)"
      For Wi-Fi:
      - 1st method: You can choose an external USB wifi dongle (I used TP-Link Archer T1U (5GHz support), TP-Link has official macOS drivers, you just need to install it
      - 2nd and I think the best method: Replace your M.2 Qualcomm Card with a compatible BCM94352Z card (you will have hand-off Bluetooth too), just install the kexts (enabled with BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, they're all in my attached zip). You could buy this card from ebay, aliexpress, or amazon

Issues:
      - None
      BIOS Settings:
      - BIOS version 1.15 (irrelevant)
      - Secure Boot: Disabled
      - Touchpad: Advanced
      - Boot mode: UEFI
      Getting ready for Installation:
      - Download the Catalina install zip (bootpack & postinstall): acer_aspire_V591G-55TU_cata.zip
      Installation:
      - Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager)
      - Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder
      - Boot with the Installer USB
      - If you stuck in boot, reboot and in the Clover bootloader select "config_debug.cfg" -> you'll have more informations about the freeze

Please open the README.rtf in my install zip for more informations about the USB Installer & Post installation!
      On Catalina the System folder is read-only, so you need to remount in rw to modify System/Library. 
      If you have a single RAM and getting panic at boot, then you need to edit the "config.plist" with these (SMBIOS->after "Version 1.0"):
      ->Edit "Frequency" and "Size" to match your RAM values
      <key>Version</key> <string>1.0</string> <key>Memory</key> <dict> <key>Channels</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>SlotCount</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>Modules</key> <array> <dict> <key>Slot</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>Size</key> <integer>8192</integer> <key>Frequency</key> <integer>2133</integer> <key>Type</key> <string>DDR4</string> </dict> </array> </dict> </dict>  
      PowerManagement  fix:
      Set HWPEnable=YES in Clover (already set), CPUFloor to "700", Frequency to "2300" and "3200"(Normal and Turbo, if you have i7-6700HQ version then it should be "2600", "3500") and "FrequencyVectors" from "0x0d000000" to "0x07000000" in "S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C.plist", MSR _xcpm_idle Patch to KernelToPatch in Clover (If you have High Sierra, change "MatchOS" to 10.13):

<key>KernelToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>MSR 0xE2 _xcpm_idle instant reboot(c) Pike R. Alpha</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> ILniAAAADzA= </data> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> ILniAAAAkJA= </data> </dict> </array> Reboot, and it's 800MHz in idle state, same on Windows.

Elan SmartTouchpad
      I only use scrolling, one-, double- & tripletap
      If you want to try other gestures go to this link for more informations, options (v4.6.5) ->  DETAILS ABOUT THE SMART TOUCHPAD DRIVER FEATURES
      Fn Brightness keys not working with this, tried several things without success. With VoodoPS2Controller it's working, but you'll have no gestures (neither scrolling).

Before updating to a new version of Catalina please update kexts (and clover if necessary) to newer versions to avoid kernel panics.
      Generate a serial number with Clover Configurator.app (open up your config.plist with CC then -> SMBIOS -> Serial Number -> Generate New)

Catalina & Windows 10 Dual-Boot:
      Dual-boot clean install (on one drive), UEFI Only:

Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac),   Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart,  Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install.   Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi       5.  You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

Dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive), UEFI Only:
      If you already have Windows and you don't want to lose all your data there is a hope:
      I created a video from this restore method: [Hackintosh] Dual-Boot High Sierra & Windows - when Windows already installed - no data waste - UEFI
      You need bootable Mac Installer and a full system restore image (link is in my video's description).
      (You may see errors if your EFI partition is not 200 MB)
       Boot into your Windows, resize your partition or create one for Mac.  Boot into your Mac installer and in Disk Utility format the partition you created.  Restore from image: select your full system restore image.  When it's finished restoring you just need to restart, then boot to the system with your usb.  When you successfully booted to Mac desktop, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), open EFI, you will see there is a Microsoft folder already (don't touch that!). Copy my CLOVER folder to the EFI folder then Restart.  Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi       7.  You're done! You can select your old Windows and your new macOS!
      (Only tried with Windows 8/8.1/10. I don't know Windows 7,etc.)

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING MAC RESTORE:
      - Make sure you have partitions in GPT
      - Windows using 100 MB EFI and will annoy the Mac restore. Don't worry, just ignore the errors.

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      - Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)

IF YOU USED RESTORE METHOD THEN CAN'T MOUNT YOUR EFI PARTITION (No EFI partition found):
      - It's because your EFI is not 200 MB or not an "Apple" original EFI,  but do not worry, try another EFI mounter, or mount from terminal (I used EFI mounter v3: Getting errors, but you can mount and use without problem)
      - You also could "mount" the EFI from Windows:
      1st method: open cmd in administrator mode and type:
      diskpart list vol (Now select the "System" volume,(FAT 32) For example I select 4) sel vol 4 list part (Select System type partition, for example 2) sel part 2 assign letter=b (This will "mount" your EFI partition) Open Explorer++ or TotalCommander in administrator mode to manage EFI remove letter=b (This will "unmount" your EFI) 2nd method: open cmd in administrator mode and type:
      mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI) Open Explorer++ or TotalCommander in administrator mode to manage EFI mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI) Thanks to all OSXLatitude members for helping me out! (Jake Lo, Hervé, Bronxteck, black.dragon74)!
      Notes:
      2019.11.03: Enabled SIP caused a lots of issues so now it's disabled -> updated bootpack
      2019.11.02: Updated to 10.15.1 -> no problem when/after installing
      2019.10.09: Installed macOS Catalina 10.15 -> Updated Clover, kexts & config.plist -> no problem so far
      2019.08.18: Updated to 10.14.6 -> no problem when/after installing
      2019.06.01: Updated to 10.14.5 -> no problem when/after installing
      2019.04.25: Optimized touchpad scrolling -> updated install files
      2019.03.30: Fixed USB 3.0 ports, fixed Bluetooth crashes after sleep -> updated bootpack
      2019.03.28: Updated to 10.14.4. Unexpected crashes while updating to 10.14.4 -> fixed by updating Clover to the latest (v4910) version. Bluetooth crashes appeared -> fixed by downgraded Brcm*.kexts. Updated bootpack.
      2019.02.24: Bluetooth crashes after sleep -> fixed, updated bootpack. 
      2019.02.22: Updated to 10.14.3. Fixed HDMI Audio by installing "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext" -> fixed freezing during boot. Fixed brightness levels by installing "AppleBacklightFixup.kext". Also updated bootpack & postinstall zip down in attachments.
      2019.01.21: Removed FakeSMC.kext, SMCHelper-64.efi, replaced by VirtualSMC.kext, VirtualSMC.efi because I got random freezes when booting system (kextd stall[0], (120s): 'AppleACPICPU' -> CPU is at 100%, fans are spinning fast), also updated bootpack in the attachments "acer_aspire_v591g-55tu_clover.zip" -> Freeze continued, brought back FakeSMC, deleted VirtualSMC (caused BT crashes).
      2019.01.18: HDMI Audio is fixed, I didn't do anything HDMI Audio is not fixed, sometimes it worked but most likely not. (no idea why)
      2018.12.09: Updated to 10.14.2 -> did without any complication
      2018.11.28: Fixed combo-jack garbage sound output by installing ALCPlugFix and CodecCommander.kext
      2018.11.01: Updated to 10.14.1 -> HDMI & VGA ports are gone again. -> Fixed by "AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext" rollback from 10.14.
      2018.09.28: Updated to Mojave 10.14 -> Fixed HDMI & VGA Outputs by adding "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext" patches to config.plist, HDMI audio not working
    • By teseh
      Hello,
      When I open a pdf or image file, a color overlay is created on the images and files as below. It can be temporarily resolved by enlarging or shrinking the image, but re-creating it. What is the problem and how should I fix it. The specifications of my system are as follows:
      System: Dell Optiplex 780
      CPU: INTEL Core2 Dual Q9550
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5040 1024 MB