[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Hmmm... my BCM94352HMB is working without any patches (just using FakePCIID kexts)

I havnt tried without any patches but will do today and report back. No patches and just kexts would be a great step forward.

Well my BCM94352HMB works also in HS without any patches using your FakePCIID kexts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Clover 4097. High Sierra dp2

install for uefi booting only

install clover in the esp

themes - bgm

drivers64uefi - emuvariableuefi-64

drivers64uefi - osxaptiofixdrv-64

then placed apfs.efi and hfsplus.efi into drivers64uefi

make sure you chose the correct install location for clover

also you need to place all the essential kexts into clover/kexts/other folder (fakesmc, etc)

Well that explains a lot. i didn't do anything after esp. Where can i get or learnt to make the required files/kexts? Thanks again

So, with 10.13 Beta 2 (17A291j) update; my native Nvidia driver for GeForce GT 520M works OOTB and no longer crashed WindowServer (Patched DSM method for GFX0 on DSDT, or InjectNvidia=True), with Cursor disappears though. Anyone with GT 610 which is same Fermi GF119?  :)

post-826765-0-04858000-1498448539_thumb.png

• Like 2

So, with 10.13 Beta 2 (17A291j) update; my native Nvidia driver for GeForce GT 520M works OOTB and no longer crashed WindowServer (Patched DSM method for GFX0 on DSDT, or InjectNvidia=True), with Cursor disappears though. Anyone with GT 610 which is same Fermi GF119?  :)

Hi, I confirm that with the High Sierra beta 2 the Geforce GT610 works OOTB, I do not have the problem of the mouse cursor, but unfortunately in case of logout or restart or shutdown I have the system locks.

• Like 1

HS DP2 is generally stable and as fast as Sierra. Sierra is faster at boot time but once HS is booted it performs better IMO. Softwares I used in Sierra PS, LR, NTFS for mac runs smoothly on HS DP2. My Audigy NX2 which was working OOTB till El Capitan and broken on Sierra now works OOTB in HS and configured to 5.1 speakers. Sierra boots in 8 secs to desktop and HS in 10 secs.

Sound works just as it does in DP1.

I recommend using AppleALC.kext & Lilu.kext with boot flags -alcbeta & -lilubeta

I use the latest AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext with the beta flags but still it's not working so far. I don't know what's wrong with the sound  :rofl:

I'll give it another try later to figure it out. I just needed the confirmation that it works. :)

I use the latest AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext with the beta flags but still it's not working so far. I don't know what's wrong with the sound  :rofl:

I'll give it another try later to figure it out. I just needed the confirmation that it works. :)

Have you injected a layout-id property? Or tell me the output of

ioreg -rw 0 -p IODeviceTree -n HDEF | grep layout-id | sed -e 's/.*<//' -e 's/>//'
  • Like 1

Have you injected a layout-id property? Or tell me the output of

ioreg -rw 0 -p IODeviceTree -n HDEF | grep layout-id | sed -e 's/.*<//' -e 's/>//'

Yes I did, with same config.plist I have audio on El Capitan and Sierra just not in macOS High Sierra.

Cydes-iMac:~ cyde$ ioreg -rw 0 -p IODeviceTree -n HDEF | grep layout-id | sed -e 's/.*<//' -e 's/>//'
Cydes-iMac:~ cyde$

Yes I did, with same config.plist I have audio on El Capitan and Sierra just not in macOS High Sierra.

Hmm, that's really weird. Basically all you need is the same config, and latest Lilu & AppleALC with -lilubeta and -alcbeta

Hmm, that's really weird. Basically all you need is the same config, and latest Lilu & AppleALC with -lilubeta and -alcbeta

Yes it is indeed, I'll figure it out, maybe I over looked something in the EFI folder or in the BIOS. I will keep you posted if I find it out. :)

Update:

I'm using clover 4097 from Sourceforge, because I was getting lots of crazy behaviors from 4098 which I compiled using "Build_Clover 4.5.0.command"

• Like 1

Hi, I confirm that with the High Sierra beta 2 the Geforce GT610 works OOTB, I do not have the problem of the mouse cursor, but unfortunately in case of logout or restart or shutdown I have the system locks.

Yeah, I think LoginUI (or ScreenLock) with Metal 2 still not well implemented using this graphics (as we can see on /Library/Logs). Have no problem if I disabled them under "Security & Privacy" or "Users & Groups", a good progress for Beta however.  :yes:

Yes it is indeed, I'll figure it out, maybe I over looked something in the EFI folder or in the BIOS. I will keep you posted if I find it out. :)

Update:

I'm using clover 4097 from Sourceforge, because I was getting lots of crazy behaviors from 4098 which I compiled using "Build_Clover 4.5.0.command"

What is crazy behavior?

I didnt change many code. Just correct gap and improve platformfeature.

Also i tested many times before commit r4098.

Tell me exactly

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

What is crazy behavior?

I didnt change many code. Just correct gap and improve platformfeature.

Also i tested many times before commit r4098.

Tell me exactly

First of all let me confess that I'm new to Build_Clover command :D

And the second thing I need to tell you is that I think it might be related to my hardware but none the less I didn't have this problem before.

Here is what happens and it wasn't an isolated incident it happened several times:

When I tried to install macOS High Sierra after the first stage was completed upon reboot my system froze and it wouldn't boot so I had to clear CMOS. It happened over and over so I figured that I might be doing something wrong. yesterday I gave it another try and same thing happened so after clearing the CMOS I installed macOS High Sierra and it went through. BUT a new problem came up. Upon restart the whole system was shutdown and after few seconds it would turn back on, so I took the GPU out, double checked the connections and cleared CMOS once more. 

I created a bootable USB with 4097 because I thought the clover I compiled must be faulty and I installed macOS High Sierra once more and everything is working fine.

So, I'm not entirely sure if the problem is my version of 4098 or the hardware and since the hardware is OK (I double checked to make sure) I assumed that it must be the clover I'm using.

And the other problem is that some times clover wouldn't boot so I had to hard reset the pc to make it boot.

I was getting the:

Error allocating 0x800 page at 0x00xxxxx something I don't remember exactly.

First of all let me confess that I'm new to Build_Clover command :D

And the second thing I need to tell you is that I think it might be related to my hardware but none the less I didn't have this problem before.

Here is what happens and it wasn't an isolated incident it happened several times:

When I tried to install macOS High Sierra after the first stage was completed upon reboot my system froze and it wouldn't boot so I had to clear CMOS. It happened over and over so I figured that I might be doing something wrong. yesterday I gave it another try and same thing happened so after clearing the CMOS I installed macOS High Sierra and it went through. BUT a new problem came up. Upon restart the whole system was shutdown and after few seconds it would turn back on, so I took the GPU out, double checked the connections and cleared CMOS once more.

I created a bootable USB with 4097 because I thought the clover I compiled must be faulty and I installed macOS High Sierra once more and everything is working fine.

So, I'm not entirely sure if the problem is my version of 4098 or the hardware and since the hardware is OK (I double checked to make sure) I assumed that it must be the clover I'm using.

And the other problem is that some times clover wouldn't boot so I had to hard reset the pc to make it boot.

I was getting the:

Error allocating 0x800 page at 0x00xxxxx something I don't remember exactly.

Strange. In bug/report thread, users reported that bus/qpi issue to me. Their boot is no problem.

Also you can see commit. I didnt change big code. Also that codes are not related hardware issue.

Hello, I'm also using Clover v2.4k r4098 for booting OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1609) and macOS High Sierra 10.13 Beta 2 (17A291j) << both work just fine on HFS+ Volumes with GUID Part Scheme; except abnormal Shutdown / Restart if I enabled nVaccelerator under 10.13 (but I'm sure it's not bootloader related, bcoz it become normal if using nv_disable=1, I think my Graphics). My 3rd party mandatory kext is FakeSMC v6.25.1426. Below is my Bootlogs. Thanks.  :)

#EDIT: Just to confirm, different mach though.

Bootlogs_Clover_r4098_10.13_B2.txt

• Like 1