• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By glasgood
      CLOVER DUAL BOOT MOJAVE & WINDOWS 10 GUIDE 

INCLUDES  MBR / LEGACY BIOS  TO  GPT / EFI CONVERSION
      USING MBR2GPT TOOL

PREREQUISITE: Two physical discs ( SSD’s or HDD’s )

STEP 1 - Clover dual boot configuration 

Open config.plist with Clover Configurator

Boot
       Legacy = PBR Timeout = True ( will remove the Timeout countdown, from Clover boot menu)  

GUI 
      Scan / Custom
       Entries = True  Tool = True  Legacy = False ( removes extra Windows 10 entries )  
      Hide Volume
      - Preboot ( macOS Preboot )
      - Recovery ( macOS Recovery )

So at boot you will have two options: boot macOS Mojave or Windows 10 

————————————————————

STEP 2 - Using a drive without Windows 10 installed

Disconnect system drive that contains your macOS Mojave install from computer ( This is so that Windows does not overwrite existing macOS Mojave boot loader )

Proceed with a Windows 10 UEFI install.  
      After installation reconnect macOS Mojave Drive, the Windows installation should now be detected and usable in Clover. 
      If Windows 10 is not detected or able to boot,  then verify you installed Windows 10 as UEFI and not MBR ---->  ( Read step 2 - For a drive with Windows 10 installed )

OR

STEP 2 - Using a drive with Windows 10 already installed

Verify your Windows install is  GPT / UEFI or MBR / Legacy BIOS.   
      If Windows install is GPT UEFI then Windows 10 install is ready to use at Clover boot menu, you should be able to boot into Windows directly from Clover boot screen. 

But if  Windows drive is detected at Clover boot screen, but when booting Windows you get a black screen with a cursor on the top left,
      then this is most likely because Windows drive is MBR ( Legacy BIOS ).  You can easily convert MBR to GPT using  Windows MBR2GPT tool ( this saves hours work having to reinstall Windows 10 and setting up all your applications again  ) 

If Windows 10 install is MBR / Legacy BIOS  then simply convert to GPT / UEFI  following instructions below ( read video summary and view video )

** To use Windows 10  MBR2GPT tool  you must have Windows 10 version 1703 ( creators update  ) or later and less than 3 partitions on 
      the Windows 10 drive **

Video summary:

Confirm Windows 10 drive is MBR Legacy BIOS ( in Windows Disk Management ) Reboot into Windows PE ( Advanced Startup ) Convert from MBR Legacy BIOS to GPT UEFI ( using commands below ) mbr2gpt /validate mbr2gpt /convert Restart Verify Windows 10 drive has changed to GPT UEFI ( in Windows Disk Management )  

After conversion Windows 10 is ready to use at the Clover boot menu 

• By Slice
      I successfully installed macOS 10.11.6 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 in UEFI mode on the laptop.
      I know, there are detailed guides here and on osxlatitude.com but I was not agree with them and carefully check and test every step to tune my Mac.

Hardware
      Intel® Core� i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz, speedstep works with Clover default settings
      Chipset Intel 7 series, no patches needed
      Video: IntelHD4000 or NVS5200M switchable in BIOS, work in both cases
      LAN; Intel 82579LM, works with IntelMausiEthernet.kext v2.2.1
      Audio: IDT 92HD93BXX, works with VoodooHDA 2.9.0.
      SDHC reader O2Micro; works with native AppleSDHC.kext with Clover Arbitrary properties.
      USB3.0 works natively if not disabled in DSDT
      PS2 keyboard and touchpad works with VoodooPS2.
      WiFi: Dell Intel WiFi was replaced by Dell DW1520, Broadcom BCM943224HMS. DeviceID=4353
      LCD Screen 1366x768
      BIOS A12. Initially was A02. Then I flashed A23 and found it is quite bad. The screen is full of artefacts. Flash A12 and all is OK. Not tested other versions.
      For some reason BIOS can switched from Intel to Nvidia by itself so I have to do my solution working independent on this state.

WiFi
      It is not working OOB although it has DeviceID known to Apple. The reason is WhiteList in the driver.
      I set MacModel as MacBookPro10,1 while the WiFi will work on MacBookAir. I make a patch in Clover.
      As well a patch for channels.
      I deleted a kext Brcm4331 because it has the same DeviceID. Let kext Brcm4360 to work alone.

VideoCards
      In Bios we can set Optimus = Enable/Disable
      If Enable then we have two videocards Intel first and Nvidia second. In this case additional SSDT-3.aml will switch off Nvidia.
      If Disable then we have only Nvidia card. It will work if Board-ID taken from iMac13,2.
      But here there is contradiction with WiFi with required Board-ID from MacBookAir.
      So I take MacModel as MacBookPro10,1 which is most close by CPU IvyBridge.
      Set BoardID like iMac13,2 to make Nvidia working.
      Patch BoardID in Brcm4360 to make WiFi working.
      Now I have
      Inject->
      ->Intel=YES
      ->Nvidia=YES
      and SSDT-3.aml in ACPI\patched folder. This SSDT will switch off Nvidia if Intel card ON.
      For Intel graphics there is a patch against 8 apples at start.

Brightness
      No special kexts.
      The brightness controlled by keys F1,F2 and slider in Control Panel in both case Intel or Nvidia. Details here  #72 

DSDT and SSDT
      This is very long story and finally I have working sleep in both cases Intel or Nvidia.

Sensors
      I use my HWSensors3 with FakeSMC 3.5.0.
      I got monitoring:
      CPU temperature
      GPU temperature
      GPU main frequency
      GPU shader frequency
      Battery state % full, time to charged or time to empty.
      Battery voltage dinamically.
      Battery amperage dynamically. I can see it changes on heavy games.
      HDD temperature.

Audio
      I like VoodooHDA and have no problems with it.
      The sound is clear, loud, and switchable between internal speaker and headphone.
      Mic is working.

Bluetooth
      Just tested with BTFirmwareUpdate.kext and it works in 10.11.6. I not needed it so switched off by wireless switch at right side.
      For 10.13.6 there is other kext BRCMInjector.

Keyboard, Touchpad and Touchstick
      Post #14

My config, ACPI files and kexts are in attachment.
      EFI.7z

EDITED:
      Better DSDT in the post #6.
      Sleep working even when AC inserted.

EDITED 06.12.2018
      Now I have HighSierra and this is my EFI folder

Welcome to discussion!
      EFI-E6430.7z
      BRCMInjector.kext.zip
    • By h2onions
      Hey all,

First Hackintosh that I think I have completed! I've been working on it on and off for a month, but just grinded it this past weekend. I just have a small QOL issue. I have posted in the r/Hackintosh reddit, but have not gotten a reply to this specific issue, but did for other issues I was having. I also posted at tonymacx86 and was getting replies for other issues I was having, but got banned because I said, "used VM, but didn't work" in my OP I think ...

I followed a PC vanilla guide from r/Hackintosh that I found as I did not have an Apple system. One monitor connected to a GTX 1080, CPU: i7-8700, Coffee Lake. Motherboard is Alienware specific 0VDT73, with chipset Z370.

The issue is every time High Sierra boots up and gets to the login screen, my keyboard and mouse do not work. I only have to reseat both and then they work the whole time until I restart. They are both plugged into USB2.0 ports. I do have Lilu, WhateverGreen, USBInjectAll, and VoodooPS2 installed in my /Library/Extensions folder using #####. Mouse and Keyboard work fine each time I boot to Clover (USB). Any ideas?

Thank you!
      Working: NVIDIA using (One) DisplayPort, USB3.0 (rear), USB-C (rear), USB2.0 (rear), Audio, Ethernet

EDIT: Did some more testing, and it looks like my Keyboard works fine after each reboot, the only issue is that my mouse has to continuously be reseated. Any ideas? Could it just be the mouse?It's an old Inland USB mouse: 337451
    • By Badruzeus
      "The all-new 2019 version of the graphic design software suite is compatible with not only Windows but also Mac, complete with support for Dark Mode on macOS Mojave and the Touch Bar on the latest MacBook Pro models, providing quick access to layout settings, text controls, and more." ~ macrumors

More details: https://www.coreldraw.com/en/product/coreldraw/mac/
    • By Utku
      Hi guys, I have a big problem for VT -x. I tried any things for example: dark=0 or already bios option is virtualization is enable. I don't understand this problem.

Thanks guys!! And yes I have intel Q8400 quad core cpu, motherboard is Asus asus p5g41c-m lx.