470 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, dreamwork said:

HI, want to share my updated EFI folder for OpenCore 0.5.8 release.

All you need is to change this values in OC/config.plist:

delete "agdpmod=pikera" if you are not using RX 5700 XT or other Navi graphics:

299140493_ScreenShot2020-05-05at03_22_08.thumb.png.71849abd399dcc3b025f6155e3dfd1a0.png

Generate new values:

1494624446_ScreenShot2020-05-05at03_21_57.thumb.png.6f7f7def92bddc5ff30a0cf28a448eb5.png

EFI.zip

I have not used Opencore but want to update to Catalina and use integrated graphics only. So I need to delete the "agdpmod=pikera" value but do I not also need to generate  SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-EC-USBX SSDT's for the ACPI folder?

8 minutes ago, f00b4r said:

I have not used Opencore but want to update to Catalina and use integrated graphics only. So I need to delete the "agdpmod=pikera" value but do I not also need to generate  SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-EC-USBX SSDT's for the ACPI folder?

For USB i am only using OpenCore XhciPortLimit quirk.

i don't generate SSDT-PLUG for myself, here is my PowerGadget info:

221047313_ScreenShot2020-05-05at17_29_59.thumb.png.2e0c6240aa6cecb1b2709bc70285c0b3.png.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if AMD is going to be the best choice but intel Core i9 9900K processors are very powerful (8 Cores 16 Threads) and they are fully compatible with macOS; if I remember correctly @SavageAUS was looking for the same answer for updating his rig, maybe you can join him in his topic and see what's the best mainboard regarding the nvram issues on the Z390 mobos.

I took a deep dive into OpenCore this week and have my system up and running on 10.15.4 with OC 0.5.8. The boot times are great. I could upload the EFI Folder here if somebody is interested.

What graphics do you use? Did you generate ACPI stuff?

I tried the other folder posted but was getting an error I believe related to OC expecting a kext to be there but need to try it again to make sure it wasn’t use error.

20 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:
 NOTES:
• I didn't activate integrated Graphics, since I use a GTX 670, but the parameter is in the plist, it's just not active.
• If you add any Kexts or drivers or updated OC files, you need to creat a clean snapshot in propertree so the entries/files info in the plist is updated.

Could you post a screenshot of what needs removing for your graphics card?
Any reason why you didn’t use a newer iMac definition?
I had a quick play with this and it almost fully booted but didn’t have a chance to change the graphics part yet and it was also flagged the the sanity checker (great tool by the way), so I am guessing that is the reason why.

Edited by f00b4r

iMac Definition: 17,1 is recommended for this combo of Board and CPU which resembles the specs of the year of their release (2015).

Since my GTX670 is supported natively by macOS there were no lines added to the config, so nothing to delete here. If you want to add your own GPU (which cannot be any Nvidia Card newer other than 6xx) you have to research the settings for your card on your own.

For integrated Intel HD 530 graphics, the OC Vanilla desktop guide suggests adding the following entries to the config under "DeviceProperties":

Key Type     Value
AAPL,ig-platform-id Data 00001219
framebuffer-patch-enable  Data 01000000
framebuffer-stolenmem Data 00003001
framebuffer-fbmem Data 00009000

Thanks. I did try this yesterday as I couldn’t find any GTX670 entries (didn’t think about it being natively supported). I am still getting an error but need to have a play with it to see if it’s related to being able to set iGPU memory usage in the bios or maybe to two setting seeking to have swapped between OC 0.5.6 and 0.5.8 (same error as here -
), although you appear to have the original settings so might have to do some digging or check my bios settings (not sure if they should be slightly different compared to clover).

• 4 weeks later...

Great work on this thread for this board. Due to recent events I no longer have this board and am currently awaiting delivery of my.......ryzen parts.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi Motherboard
And I will be repackaging it in a
InWin 101C Mid Tower Chassis
I may update this thread of my ryzentosh progress but it will be o/t so I’m not sure. Let me know if you want updates and progress just in case you wanna make the switch to dark side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work on this thread for this board. Due to recent events I no longer have this board and am currently awaiting delivery of my.......ryzen parts.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
I may update this thread of my ryzentosh progress but it will be o/t so I’m not sure. Let me know if you want updates and progress just in case you wanna make the switch to dark side.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Probably better to start a new thread to not confuse things but it would be good to post some benchmarks and thoughts about the upgrade.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Off topic I know but here is my new Ryzen build. Next step is to install macOS when I get a chance. I’ll update my signage with specs when I sort out my ram issues.

ca993e57e02f254ce15b322fedbde92b.jpg&key=7f9c0681309ed862b4e3b6e1658e4a30c143df45c44627f1c9f64cd85315677d

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2020 at 11:05 AM, SavageAUS said:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

So, tell us please how smooth was your transition to Ryzentosh? 

Thinking of switching to same Ryzen and move current build to Unraid server, or... stay on intel and build Ryzen server. ;)

• 1 month later...

On 8/7/2020 at 12:55 PM, 5T33Z0 said:
Switching to OC expanded my understandings of Hackintoshes and optimizing the EFI Config a bit more, especially the SDDT-PLUG. I included cf Frequency Data In the latest release so CPU Power Management is working nicely, so the CPU clocks downto around 1.2 gHz in idle. Should be 800 mHz technically, but I never saw that in HWMonitorSMC2.

OC Version: 0.6.1 Nightly

• iGPU working (computational tasks only)
• ACPI Patches included (SSDT-EC-USBX, SSDT-EC, SSDT-HPET, SSDT-PLUG)
• Working CPU Power Management for i7 6700K (SSDT-PLUG + CPUFriend)
• HPET working (if you don't use High Precision Timer, disable it in config.plist
• USB Mapped (USB DAC included for cleaner Power Delivery to Audio Interfaces)
• USB 3.1 working
• OpenCanopy Boot Picker included
• Apple ALC included but not tested since I use an external Audio Interface. But audio should work fine.

EDIT: There were some incorrect settings in the "Device Properties" Section for the iGPU which caused slow boot times. Please delete the EFI if you downloaded it already and replace it with the fixed one. Sorry.

EFI_OC_061_GA-Z170X_Gaming5_fixed.zip

Do you have 0.6.3 working on the final Big Sur?

[mention=28835]f00b4r[/mention] I don't own this board any more. Updating tp 063 shouldn't be complicted though, using OCConfigCompare, OC Install Guide and Sanity Checker

[mention=28835]f00b4r[/mention]
I added OC 0.6.3 EFI folder to the first post and here's the link
OC 0.6.3 GA-Z170X-Gaming 5-Big Sur EFI.zip

Thanks guys, I will have a play around when I get some time.