Parallels and Rhapsody music service

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone here used Rhapsody music service on XP through parallels?

I was two songs in on a playlist today and my MacBook Pro sounded like a jet engine.

What could be causing this? One processor as around 80% and the other was around 70% - and I was doing light photoshop work in OS X while using Rhapsody on another Desktop Manager desktop.

Should / Does streaming music like this usually take so much resources?

I was using the actual application in a fullscreen XP parallels session on another desktop (using desktop manager).

Ouch... if it is the photoshop, I guess the universal app is a must... I was doing very light photoshop work..... Good thing it's only a few months away, right?

I tweaked some settings on parallels- (to "normal" in stead of "best" accelleration) - and I also adjusted the setting to configure it for better performance of os x.

Who knows... I did install the firefox plugin to let me use rhapsody from the web based service in os x - and that takes far far far less resources than trying to run it through the application in XP on parallels.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread...I stumbled across this on Google.

I have definitely noticed that Rhapsody pulls a good amount of processing and network load when running in XP in Parallels. I have found that I cannot use programs like MS Outlook and Rhapsody at the same time because Outlook will be unusably slow. I am not sure why this is or if I can control this issue at all.

I also notice that when I do more processor intensive activities in Visio, Rhapsody stumbles a bit in playing music. Strange stuff...if anyone has learning anything new since November, I would love to hear about it.