Sign in to follow this  
nindustries

maclaunch - manage your startup items

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I made something I think some of you might like.

This little bash, command line script will list all of your startup entries for your macOS machine.

It does this by listing all plist entries in LaunchDaemon & LaunchAgent folders. (user + system)

It can also list system loaded plists or login hooks.

You can disable or enable them, this script will move it to ${filename}.disabled.

Advertisement

Easy and works great!
I'd like to disable multiple items by using wildcards though, for example

maclaunch disable com.adobe.*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By midi-sama
      Hi, I'm back again with another tool. As you may have seen in my thread, there is a Automator + AppleScript (thanks to @thanh) to make the reinstall/fix for UPDD, so I decided to make one application for everything with no hassle, however, since I'm not a programer, I'm just using AppleScript (for its fairly easy use and scripting).
      I want you to help me out to fix (also optimize and clean) this script to make it better.

Here is the script:
      -- Start with a welcome screen + password set pwd to text returned of (display dialog ¬ "Hello there This is an AppleScript utility that will help you fix UPDD. First I need your password to continue working of this:" with title ¬ "UPDD Fix Script" with icon note ¬ default answer ¬ "" buttons {"Nope", "Continue ..."} ¬ default button 2 cancel button 1 ¬ with hidden answer) -- Now show dialog for choice set choice to (display dialog ¬ "Hello there, what do you wanna do?" buttons {"Reinstall UPDD", "Start UPDD with time fix", "Exit"} ¬ with title "What do you want to do?" cancel button 3) -- Choice selection if choice = {button returned:"Reinstall UPDD"} then -- Reinscall UPDD case display dialog ¬ "Are you sure you want to reinstall UPDD?" buttons {"No", "Sure"} ¬ default button 2 cancel button 1 set sure_inst to button returned of result -- Starting the install -- TODO: If Nope is selected, loop back to the dialog of choices if sure_inst = "Sure" then -- Install UPDD -- TODO: Add a "Working..." window WHILE it's installing set install_result to do shell script "installer -pkg /Library/UPDD_*.pkg -target /" password pwd with administrator privileges -- Show Install results + updd fix prompt display dialog install_result with title "Install Results" buttons {"OK, now UPDD fix", "OK, I'm done here"} cancel button 2 default button 1 -- UPDD Fix -- TODO: Same as the previous one tell application "UPDD Gestures" to quit saving no do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setusingnetworktime off " password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setdate '04:05:15'" password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 tell application "UPDD Gestures" activate end tell delay 2 -- ERROR: for some reason, it may give an error. do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setdate '10:12:16' " password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setusingnetworktime on " password pwd with administrator privileges display notification "We're done." with title "We're all set." end if -- Done with UPPD Reinstall -- TODO: loop back to the choice menu else if choice = {button returned:"Start UPDD with time fix"} then -- UPDD Fix display dialog ¬ "This will bring back your maching clock back in 2015 then back to the actual internet time, this will momentally break some apps/connections (like synergy and maybe even some websites), make sure there are no active time-sensitive apps running if this can damage it or ruin your work" buttons {"Nope, stop", "OK, continue..."} default button 2 cancel button 1 with title "UPDD Rewind" set reupdd to button returned of result if reupdd = "OK, continue..." then -- TODO: Show a "Working..." window tell application "UPDD Gestures" to quit saving no do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setusingnetworktime off " password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setdate '04:05:15'" password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 tell application "UPDD Gestures" activate end tell delay 2 do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setdate '10:12:16' " password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setusingnetworktime on " password pwd with administrator privileges display notification "We're done." with title "We're all set." -- TODO: loop back to the choice menu end if end if display dialog "Thank you for using this utility, please check insanleymac.com for more goodies!" buttons {"Thanks", "Get me to InsanelyMac"} with title "Thank you. We're done here." default button 1 cancel button 1 set done to button returned of result if done = "Get me to InsanelyMac" then open location "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/" delay 1 end if Thanks for any help and feedback
    • By Alboz
      I everyone, first post on the forum in a long time, so i'm sorry if i've done anything wrong 

I've got a super annoying problem, i have successfully installed osx Sierra on my HP G2 250, and i incredibly managed to make everything work (including audio, trackpad prefPane automated open/close on startup (so it loads the settings), LAN, sleep (even with lid closing), wake, screen brightness ecc..) 

With my previous installation (Yosemite) i have switched the original wifi card (that was totally not compatible) with a friend's AR9B95 (AR9285) from Atheros. Wifi is working almost fine but i think that there's a problem with the wifi card on boot.

EVERY time i login into OSX, the wifi icon is there, saying "WiFi active" but it doesn't find any network. So every boot i need to press the wifi button on my laptop twice (don't know why), and then the wifi network list shows up!

It looks like (my opinion) that the wifi card could be on at startup BUT for some reason osx doesn't recognise it so i have to do this tricky thing that disables and re-enables the wifi card 

The led on the wifi button remains orange (instead of changing to white) in both cases... also when i press (disabling) the button, the wifi icon continue to show "wifi active", hence the airport icon is not affected by the keyboard wifi button 

I don't know what to do, i'm so close to having an almost perfect hackintosh, please help me! Thank you! 

P.S.: I also tried to automate the two key-press of the button on startup using terminal and automator, but it doesn't work.. also the function keys on my hackintosh (like brightness) NEEDS the FN button to work BUT to toggle wifi i only have to press F12 WITHOUT FN down, so i really don't know how to automate this, because simulating F12 press via terminal only emulates the FN+F12 combination   .

SPECS:

Intel HD 4000
      Intel i3-3110M Ivy-Bridge
      8GB Ram
      SSD OczVertex3 MI
      Realtek sound card
      Ethernet Realtek RTL8106E
      Wifi Atheros AR9B95 (AR9295) Half - PCIE wireless card

Using Clover bootloader
    • By Allan
      Shellshock the bug could be bigger than Heartbleed.
      The Bash vulnerability being referred to by some as ‘Shell Shock’ allows an attacker to run a wide range of malicious code remotely.

A vulnerability in Bash, the software used to control the command shell in many flavors of Unix, has been shown to be present in OS X.

But today Apple release a update for OS X 10.9/8/7.

Download the right version for your OS X.

OS X 10.9
      OS X 10.8
      OS X 10.7

Both versions of Yosemite include an update to Bash shell, versioned as 3.2.53(1), to address the Shellshock flaw.

Click here to view the article
    • By Allan
      Shellshock the bug could be bigger than Heartbleed.
      The Bash vulnerability being referred to by some as ‘Shell Shock’ allows an attacker to run a wide range of malicious code remotely.

A vulnerability in Bash, the software used to control the command shell in many flavors of Unix, has been shown to be present in OS X.

But today Apple release a update for OS X 10.9/8/7.

Download the right version for your OS X.

OS X 10.9
      OS X 10.8
      OS X 10.7

Both versions of Yosemite include an update to Bash shell, versioned as 3.2.53(1), to address the Shellshock flaw.
    • By leonvmetcalf
      Hi!

My audio is working perfectly but I have just 1 slight annoying problem. Whenever I boot, mute doesn't work. I can still play a song on iTunes with the volume on "mute" but I can still hear sound. The only way to fix this is to un-mute and mute again. Any way to fix this problem?

VIA VT1708s Audio Codec using VoodooHDA 2.7.2 on Asus P8B75-M motherboard.