bimillian

Kernel panic on Sierra on VMware Workstation 12 on Windows 10

3 posts in this topic

post-2093223-0-18468600-1494510289_thumb.png

How can I fix it?

[specs] CPU: Intel® Celeron® CPU 3215U @ 1.70GHz, graphic card: Intel HD Graphics, LAN card: Realtek PCIe GBE Family

Advertisement

Same error for me with Sierra in VMware Workstation Player 14.

When I try High Sierra, I don't even get a useful error message, just a boot loop.

Same error for me with Sierra in VMware Workstation Player 14.

When I try High Sierra, I don't even get a useful error message, just a boot loop.

I find that it you let it reboot over and over,it will eventually succeed.

May take several minutes until it works. But then somehow it goes through

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ketschak
      I'm running Mac OS High Sierra in VM Ware Workstation 14 Player on a Windows 10 host.
      While it is possible to copy and paste text from the host to the guest, it is not possible to copy and paste from guest to host when running the virtual machine in fullscreen mode with "vmware-kvm.exe".
      However, it is working if I run the virtual machine directly in vmplayer in windowed mode.
      Any idea how to fix this?

• By abhinav
      How to install macOS 10.13 High Sierra in Vmware Workstation 14 Pro on AMD Machine
      Unlocker cmd already installed for vmware workstation 14
      vmx file edited...added smc.version="0"

My System Specs
      AMD FX8120 8 Core
      Corsair Vengeance 32 GB DDR3 RAM
      Asus 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard
      Sandisk Ultra II 480 GB SSD SATA 3
      Asus STRIX 960 GTX 4 GB DCU II Model Pixel Shader 5 DirectX 12 Support

Virtual Machine Specs
      16 GB RAM
      2 processors and 4 cores = 8 core processor
      SATA hard drive
      128 MB video memory

• By the_jff
      Hi,

I have a OSX 10.13.2 High Sierra guest running on Win7 pro.

The guest is only used to configure idevice with Apple configurator2.

guest and host as the latest itunes version and driver.

I use an iPhone 6 and 6S and it's working perfectly, my problem started when I got 2 new iphone8+ (and later while writing the post, using an iPhone SE, same problem), on the host machine, no problem at all, they work and they are displayed in itunes.

When I connect to guest, the loop start and I have to physically disconnect the usb cable for it to stop, trying the right-click on icon and connect/disconnect host... not working, it give me a unknown error.

I was running Workstation Pro 12.5, so I decide to upgrade to 14.1.1, same problem.

I tried on the Player 14, same problem... BUT, once, only once it work and I was able to see the device in Configurator and apply the profile that I needed.

I also have a WinXP and a Win7 VM, and they can connect to the iphone8, so look like it's not an issue with the host/vmware application...

VMTools is up to date

Set to USB 2.0,

Use the PC USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, with or without a USB hub (all those options work with the iphone 6/6s)

The "usb.quirks.device0 = "0xvid:0xpid" config been tested and not working

I delete all the files in c:\users\vmware\...

I tested a new fresh guest machine from scratch, same result (so I can get narrow out a faulty .vmx file)

The result is always the same... loop reconnect/disconnect on the guest machine, I hear the "dong" sound on Win7 when usb device is connect looping with the idevice sound when it connect...

This is the log file for the iphone6s with the connection working

2018-02-13T18:54:01.302-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Found device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx arbRuntimeKey:6 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3], connected to ehci port 0.

2018-02-13T18:54:01.302-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx arbRuntimeKey:6 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3] should already be connected

And this is the iPhone8+ that doesn't work

2018-02-13T19:23:39.465-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Found device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx disconnected:1 arbRuntimeKey:8 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3], connected to ehci port 0.

2018-02-13T19:23:39.465-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx disconnected:1 arbRuntimeKey:8 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3] should already be connected

I highlighted the only difference between both.

Any clue why ??

My next project will be to test it on another PC in the office, fresh Workstation installation.

Thanks

• By MSoK
      This is the current version of VMware Tools for OS X from the VMware CDS repository for Fusion 10.1.1

Please note: In the latest VMwareGfx.kext from Fusion 8.5.5 onwards VMware have discontinued the 2D-Acceleration code, and graphics performance is better now, thanks to Zenith432 for the update.

To check for the latest version visit http://softwareupdate.vmware.com/cds/vmw-desktop/fusion/. The various VMware Tools downloads are located under the packages folder for each version.

Instructions for extracting darwin.iso
      - Download the file above
      - Extract com.vmware.fusion.tools.darwin.zip.tar
      - darwin.iso is located in the "payload" folder
    • By jcrcarmo
      Hello everyone,
        Greetings from Brazil!  I'm getting a kernel panic at the macOS High Sierra install process.  Any ideas on what could be happening?  Please refer to attached pictures.  Thank you very much for your time and help.  I really appreciate it.   Motherboard Gigabyte G41MT-S2P F3 CPU Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz 8 Gb of RAM Video Zotac GeForce 9500GT 1 Gb     jcrcarmo