MaLd0n

[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

763 posts in this topic

Advertisement
Use like a nvidia 9800 gt or other nvidia

Let's re-ignite this party! I have a Sapphire AMD R9 280X (Dual X) 3GB that wants to play. MaldOn, I went back and installed your first clover folder in my HDD's EFI partition. This is how far I got (photo). Any ideas?

This card has a switch to use either legacy boot or uefi boot. Can't get to BIOS if it is switched to legacy. Only when switched to uefi boot will I be able to see the BIOS. My Intel BIOS can enable UEFI BOOT , but it doesn't matter whether uefi is enabled or disabled in the BIOS, I still must have the switch (on the card) set to uefi to get the BIOS.

Thanks in advance!!

DSC04795.jpg.zip

ill check

back to home

on the road today

give me 1 hour

Sacre Bleu!! The Sapphire AMD R9 280X (Dual X) 3GB works with the C2Q q8200 OOB!! Sadness and grief! I've been dealt the very worst card ... no doubt about it ...

Seriously, how does Clover "know" to spoof the CPUID of the C2Q to a Xeon Quad core? Would it be possible to spoof my Xeon 5460* to a C2Q so Clover can then spoof it back to a Xeon? Sort of a spoof of a spoof?

Remember that the X5460 was actually **in** a Mac Pro https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mac-pro-cpu-compatibility-list.1954766/

The other option is to overclock the {censored} out of the C2Q. CPU Boss says I can Overclock to 3.5 with water cooling-which I have!!

And the other option is just to nuke this mobo from space-it's the only way to be sure!!!

Booted with usb working. I think I'll make a clean install now on ssd (I worked on hdd and it's so slow) with your latest updates post install. 

ps2 keyboard doesn't work. 

Hey, I'm back with my 775 hack and Capo. I have just connected sound and it is present but cracked, staggering (right word?) Like low signal on cell phone. I haven't check that before. 

I have ALC889A onboard and you sent me lilu and dsdt. I can see internal speaker and two audio outputs. One is working but sound is cracked. 

perfect here with ga p35 ds3, alc889a, id 1. Try other method ;)

in AppleAlc have only two ids 1 and 12

u can try a codec commander in s/l/e too

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads/RehabMan-CodecCommander-2017-0501.zip

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)

• By macinsane
      This is bothering me for a long time now: Why does Apple deliberately disables the the RX4xx, RX5xx capabilities to hardware encode HEVC and is using Intel Quicksync instead? Is it to make the iMacPro look better than it is? I stumbled over a thread at tony-mac where people are going a totally different road for Radeon graphics. Instead of hassling around with getting Quicksync to work, they proposed to activate the AMD hardware renderer for Polaris GPU's. I tried it out and it works...somewhat

I used a dummy kext from that tomato thread and edited it, so that it enables the AMDU7V4 IOGVACodec like on Vega cards, switched to iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS from iMac18,3, disabled the IGPU and the results were astonishing:
      My 3:34min 4k50p film was rendered by FCP with HEVC in 2:34 minutes. Nearly half the time than with Quicksync! With the iMac18 SMBIOS and the "help" of Intel Quicksync it took FCP 4:41 minutes to get it done!

The problem is: As soon as the "wrong" IOGVACodec is enabled H.264 encoding leads to Mojave crashing at once (be it FCP, QuickTime or Videoproc). Watching H264 material is fine, though. 

If anyone has any idea how to handle this, I would be very grateful. I would even accept Mojave using software encoding for H264 if I could keep this amazing speeds on HEVC!

BTW: Without IGPU on iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS no problem with DRM or iTunes, no need for Whatevergreen or Shiki. That is a bonus
      Ellesmere.kext.zip
    • By Haive_Music
      Hey guys,

I'm really hoping someone has the experience and ability to help me iron out the last remaining issue on my build.  

The motherboard is: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 and I'm running a Alpine Ridge thunderbolt card (Revision 2).   I've gotten everything working for the most part with the exception of Thunderbolt hotplug.  This is the last piece of the puzzle.  I've tried so many different DSDT/SSDT's, cable plugged in, and unplugged, without any luck at all. 
      I've managed to get my Focusrite Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt working and it's showing up under the PCI section.  It works great, until I shut the device off and turn it back on.  I'd really like to try to get this hotplug issue sorted out, but I've had absolutely no luck so far.

I've managed to get the Alpine Ridge NHI and USB controllers showing up in the PCI section too, but for some reason, the USB lists a bunch of ',,,,,,,,' after the name. 

I'll be the first to admit - I don't really know a whole lot about what I'm doing with this stuff, but I've attached relevant files in hopes someone more experienced and knowledable can help me get this working.  

Thanks guys!
      config.plist
      DSDT.aml
      John’s iMac.iojones

SSDT-TB3.aml
    • By neo_fox33
      DSDT patched for GA-Z97x-Gaming 3 V2 NVIDIA

ACPI Specification 6.2a
    • By FCU4ever
      I’ve succesfull installed Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 on my Asus G73sw.
      Specifications:
      - Intel 2630QM-I7 / HM65
      - Nvidia Geforce GTX460m

So what is needed to install Sierra on a Asus G73sw?
      1)       Install Clover with Mac OS Sierra on a bootable USB
      2)       Copy FakeSMC.kext , USBInjectAll.kext and VoodooPS2Controller to USB\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\ folder
      3)       Copy HFSPlus-64 , CsmVideoDxe-64 (needed full resolution in Clover) and OsxAptioFixDrv-64 to USB\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ folder
      4)       Install Mac OS Sierra

After the installation you reach the desktop.

FIRST install Clover with the following settings:
                      - Installation for UEFI motherboards
                      - Install Clover in the ESP
                      - Drivers64UEFI -> OsxAptioFixDrv-64
                      - Drivers64UEFI -> CsmVideoDxe-64
                      - Install RC scripts on targetvolume
                      - Install Clover preference panel

Copy HFSPlus-64 to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ folder

After that, install the following kexts with your favorite kext installer:

- FakeSMC.kext                    ->            Always needed
                      - VoodooPS2Controller          ->            Needed to use your keyboard
                      - USBInjectAll                      ->            Needed to use USB2.0 ports
                      - ACPIBatteryManager          ->            Shows batterystatus
                      - AsusNBFnKeys                  ->            Needed to use FN keys
                      - AppleALC + Lilu                ->            Needed to get audio working
                      - RealtekRTL8111               ->            Needed to get LAN working (can’t test, LAN card defect)

As last, copy the DSDT (many thanks to MaLd0n for creating the DSDT file) file to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED/

Reboot and see what is working:

-          Nvidia Geforce GTX460m         ->            Config.plist
      -          Wifi                                       ->            DSDT
      -          Audio                                    ->            DSDT + AppleALC + Lilu
      -          USB2.0                                  ->            USBInjectall
      -          Batterypercentage                  ->            DSDT
      -          Asus FN keys                         ->            AsusNBFnKeys

And what is not working:

-          USB3.0 (Fresco Logic xHCI(USB3))
      -          Keyboard backlight
      -          Brightness FN key
      -          Cardreader
      -          Bluetooth

As last, I’m unable to generate a SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh from Piker-Alpha. I’ve got the following error (see attached picture):

The MacBookPro10,1 SMBios has an board-ID that is not compatible with my Sandy Bridge laptop. So I tried a few things:
      -          Change the SMBios to MacBookPro8,2
                 Reboot -> Black screen
      -          Changed the SMBIOS to MacBookPro8,2 and add the below to KextToPatch
                 com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
                 BA050000 00
                 BA000000 00
                 Prevent AGDP from loading
                 Reboot -> Apple bar won’t load
      -         Changed the SMBIOS to MacBookPro8,2 and changed productname to iMac13,2
                Reboot -> Apple bar load but get a blackscreen
      -         Changed the SMBIOS to MacBookPro8,2 and changed productname to iMac13,2 and add the below to KextToPatch
                 com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
                 BA050000 00
                 BA000000 00
                 Prevent AGDP from loading
                Reboot -> laptop boots good

With the MacBookPro8,2 SMBIOS and the changed productname I’m still unable to generate an SSDT.

So, can someone help me to:

-          Generate a correct SSDT
      -          Get USB3.0 working
      -          Get Keyboard backlight working
      -          Get Brightness FN key working
      -          Get Cardreader working
      -          Get Bluetooth working

USB files.zip
      After installation files.zip