MaLd0n

[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

890 posts in this topic

Advertisement

For those who wants to install Sierra with a Xeon CPU, must boot with arg npci=0x3000 also with VoodooTSCync.kext (IOCPUNumber = x -1 ;where x is no. of thread) .This is what I do. Of course you may have to mod your mobo bios with SSE4.1 microcode.

For those who wants to install Sierra with a Xeon CPU, must boot with arg npci=0x3000 also with VoodooTSCync.kext (IOCPUNumber = x -1 ;where x is no. of thread) .This is what I do. Of course you may have to mod your mobo bios with SSE4.1 microcode.

Did you try El Cap? For me,  Microcode mod ain't gonna' happen on Intel Mobo! Found this today:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309094-checkered-bw-screen-after-l5430-xeon-lga771-install-any-ideas/?hl=%2B775&do=findComment&comment=2253189

That's the screen I have when I try to boot with my 9800gt GPU in El Cap. GTX 260 is different!

Hi MaLd0n,

First post on this forum in nearly 10 years!  I started way back in 2006 with an AMD using the deadmoo image  :P

I managed to install Sierra on a pretty good working recycled desktop that I saved from the trash.  Added an updated CPU and a cheapy video card and it works pretty well.  Now, I would like to try to perfect the Power Management so that it runs more efficient/ecological.  Can you please help?  I have attached what you usually ask for.

MB: Foxconn H-I41-uATX Eton 

DISK: OSX is on ssd 65gb

CPU: Intel core2 quad q8400 stock speed

Chipset: Intel G41 Express

RAM: 4 GB 1333mhz DDR3 ram (2+2GB sticks)

GPU: EVGA GT710 1GB

LAN: RTL8169

Thanks so much in advance and I'm happy to buy you a beer!

Send me.zip

CLOVER.zip

Ioreg.zip

Hi MaLd0n,

First post on this forum in nearly 10 years!  I started way back in 2006 with an AMD using the deadmoo image  :P

I managed to install Sierra on a pretty good working recycled desktop that I saved from the trash.  Added an updated CPU and a cheapy video card and it works pretty well.  Now, I would like to try to perfect the Power Management so that it runs more efficient/ecological.  Can you please help?  I have attached what you usually ask for.

MB: Foxconn H-I41-uATX Eton 

DISK: OSX is on ssd 65gb

CPU: Intel core2 quad q8400 stock speed

Chipset: Intel G41 Express

RAM: 4 GB 1333mhz DDR3 ram (2+2GB sticks)

GPU: EVGA GT710 1GB

LAN: RTL8169

Thanks so much in advance and I'm happy to buy you a beer!

with iMac14,1 in old hardware have a usb problem, usb is ok?

CLOVER.zip

Thank you!!!

USB works fine since it is before 3.0.

Was able to boot. Looks like you also changed the theme. CPU fan still runs loud. How can I check if I have native power management?

The only other sysdef that doesn't give me black screen halfway through boot is iMac 14,1... I have tried to go as far back as 10,1. What do you recommend? How to generate p and c states? I really appreciate your support!

This is the last thing I see before the screen goes black when I try to boot with imac11,1

What do you think?

So, it does actually boot, and it appears the the driver loads too, but the display will not load.  Here is a view from Screen Sharing from my MBP.  So now i think it has something to do with the graphics driver, but I'm not sure why.

Here is another screenshot from Screen Sharing.

post-59341-0-94063800-1496536660_thumb.png

post-59341-0-38634800-1496537254_thumb.png

post-59341-0-22190900-1496537846_thumb.png

I had succeed to install Sierra on my old mobo Giga EP-45 UD3P  with modded BIOS for Xeon E5450 CPU.

I just finished the 771 to 775 mod on Xeon E5472 on my Gigabyte P35-DS3L Rev.2.0 board with 8 gigs of ddr2 and Nvidia 740 4GB GPU. I'm running Sierra 10.12.5 at the moment, and I'm noticing some stuttering in audio. I never experienced that before until I swapped the chip to this. Any ideas?

This is the last thing I see before the screen goes black when I try to boot with imac11,1

What do you think?

So, it does actually boot, and it appears the the driver loads too, but the display will not load.  Here is a view from Screen Sharing from my MBP.  So now i think it has something to do with the graphics driver, but I'm not sure why.

I get behind black screen in Sierra by using a different Board-ID (Mpro4,1, Smbios is iMac12,2). Maybe it will work for you ...

snobrd4life

What do you think?

Since Sierra 10.12.5 the GT 710 will not work with imac10,1, imac11,1 et cetera (it works fine in 10.12.4 and below).
It works with smbios macpro3,1 or iMac13,1. Maybe other smbios's too, but I did not test them. I'm using macpro3,1, which works fine.
Note: if using macpro3,1 smbios with Clover bootloader, you'll need -no_compat_check.

mkELXMf.pngOduA1Ol.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By autantpourmoi
      I'm an happy user of a x99 built hackintosch since 6/7 years using it mainly for photoshop and fcpx ... Using new camera with better resolution and video in ProResRaw , my built start to struggle a bit 
      I'm thinking of making a new built and seeking for advices for this new built that I want evolutive and last at least as long as my previous built 
      I'll use a SSD M2 forth Generation so I need at least 2 to 3 SSD M2 PCI x4 slots
      then which proc to use , I was thinking about the AMD Ryzen 9 3900xt or the Intel I9 10900k ( don't have the money for AMD threadripper ) if you have better idea I'm really open to it as long as you explain it to me 
      then which chipset should I use:
      for Intel  , should I go to Z490 or X299 or W480
      For AMD , I think I have only the choice of X570
      I always used Gigabyte motherboard so it will be naturally my first choice but again I'm open to any suggestion
      I need at least usb 3,1 Gen 2 and TB3 is not necessary but an option and can be add later on with a PCI Card I think
      So I'll be pleased o read your opinion and the choices that you'll do for the purpose of this built 
      thanks in advance 

• By MaLd0n
      -OpenCore Vanilla TUTORIAL-

-USB Port Mapping TUTORIAL-

1 -Create a USB bootable

Create your usb installer, use this tool and download Catalina or Big Sur from Apple servers

Catalina
      installScript_allfullapp.zip

Big Sur
      installScript_1016fullapp.zip

Credits: crazybirdy

Copy Catalina / Big Sur installer to Applications folder, open terminal and run

Catalina

Big Sur

If you want check one step by step, check here

-Opencore Vanilla Tutorial
      https://tinyurl.com/ycvcnp8h

2- EFI folder USB installation

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

3- EFI folder SSD

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD 
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

4- Start Fine Tune

Run this app and post full dump here for full ACPI solution

RunMe.app
      https://tinyurl.com/y9562hz7

If you like a SSDT way, here we go
      SSDT-OLARILA.aml.zip

5- USB Solution

Use these kexts, enable XHCI port limit patch

USB INTEL SERIE 400.zip

and follow this tutorial for remap USB ports

--DSDT PATCHES--

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -ACPI-WAKE-GPE -DTGP -HDMI / HDAU  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

-If you want to buy me a beer - Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7

Big Thanks to XLR and your Badass Motherboard, Ultrafast CPU, Coolest Heatsink, Huge Graphics Card, Tonnes of RAM,
      Gigantic Hard Drive, Lightspeed Disk Burner, Professional Sound Card, Massive LCD Display.

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By MaLd0n
      A very custom DSDT for best experience under macOS. Removed all unused devices, injected all Apple devices, essentials, cosmetics, real improvements. 

-Original DSDT have 167,880 lines and 762kb

DSDT ORIGINAL.aml.zip138.01 kB · 8 downloads

-Patched DSDT have 30,912 lines and 111kb

DSDT PATCHED.aml.zip27.01 kB · 17 downloads

--Hardware--
      Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA

Processor  Intel i9-10980XE

GPU Radeon RX 5700 XT

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -XSPI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME  
      --Screenshots-

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By MaLd0n

-Wifi card has been replaced with Dell DW1560!
      -I'm using a S145 Model with Intel Core i5-1035G1 IceLake / Intel HD Graphics ICL
      -Update bios/uefi to last version 

*For now we have 2 problems. Wake from sleep and some bugs in trackpad*

--Bios/UEFI config--
      Go to Security tab and disable Secure boot

-IceLake Premade installation Folder (easy way installation)
      https://tinyurl.com/y3tl6xlx

--Clover and OpenCore Folders--
      Just paste EFI folder inside EFI partition
      -OpenCore
      https://tinyurl.com/y3c4rjkr
      -Clover
      https://tinyurl.com/y4496nq8

--Enable Trackpad Dragging Option--
      Go to System Preferences/Accessibility/PointerControl/Trackpad Options and "Enable dragging"

-Bluetooth Broadcom

BrcmBluetoothInjector.zip2.46 MB · 4 downloads

-OcQuirks.efi for Clover (Just replace Drivers folder)

drivers.zip74.57 kB · 4 downloads

--DSDT Patches--

-Patches
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 12 ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PRWs -_DSMs -PNLF -BRIGHTNESS KEYS -I2C -NATIVE USB -ARPT -GFX0 -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -FULL RENAMED DEVICES   --IGPU Patch-- (All credits to Austere.J) Discussion about that HERE

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>             <dict>                 <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>                 <data>AABSig==</data>                 <key>device-id</key>                 <data>UooAAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>                 <data>AACQAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>                 <data>AQAAAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>                 <data>AAAwAQ==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>                 <data>AAAAgA==</data>                 <key>hda-gfx</key>                 <string>onboard-1</string>                 <key>igfxfw</key>                 <data>AgAAAA==</data>             </dict>  
      --USB Fix-- https://tinyurl.com/y4mqfahz

-ScreenShots

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Acidanthera Team, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!     We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!