Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

Edit your config.plist and add these values:

config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

Or use FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

Credits: RehabMan.

• Like 2

tried both methods, Clover boots but when tries to boot of the drive I just get back screen and +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ across the top

resolved, see above

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I followed this guide today, but found that the machine still wouldn't boot.. i had to manually select "KernelPM" patch when booting, even though it was in the config.plist (as copy/pasted from this thread).

What I ended up doing was formatting the config.plist, and now it all works.. odd, I know, but hey, the machine is now working.

Also, it should be mentioned that VGA output isn't supported at all by macOS so you must use the DisplayPort outputs to get to the desktop. Some users might not realise this.

All in all, now that its working, its working really well.. this is a neat little replacement for a MacMini. I have a 256Gb Samsung SSD in mine, and its nice and zippy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Thanks for this, works great!

I didn't add USBInjectAll as I haven't noticed any USB issues. And Lilu is unnecessary without a plugin afaik.

BUT, HD4600 is affected by the PAVP freeze, which I noticed when surfing with Safari. Complete system freeze when playing certain videos. Lilu + IntelGraphicsFixup fixes the issue.

Lilu - kext and process patcherLilu - kext and process patcher

Is installing from a real Mac to the hard drive going into the HP EliteDesk 800 G1 the only way to make this work?

EDIT: I'm currently using a HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF with a i5 4590 with 8GB Ram and here's what I'm getting even with trying to install it from a real mac to the hard drive going into the PC

I've followed all the steps, added the parts that were highlighted in red in the config.plist using Clover Configurator 2 

I've added the kexts to \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other:

FakeSMC.kext

nullCPUPowerManagement.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

Lilu.kext

FakePCIID.kext

FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

dHhWPYn.jpg

EDiT 2: The cause for the panic seemed to have been all the fixes were selected in my config.plist when I had a look on clover configurator so I unchecked all of them except for the ones you had in your config.plist and bingo! Working! 

Thank you!

Thanks for the write-up! I got it installed on my HP ElitrDesk 800 G1 USDT and booted properly on the first try although it took a while to get everything right in clover and cover configurator.

The only issue was not knowing that I was supposed to do everything with the config.plist from my real MacBook Pro when setting up. After I realized that it was much easier. I had never used clover configurator so I had to learn where everything was like the text option at the bottom where I was able to copy pasta your plist.

Now if I could get the audio to come through the HDMI I'll be all set! But the speaker from the machine will work fine.

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm French and new on this topic.

So excuse me if I don't write english as well as a native english guy!

I hope that I can get help from you.

I'm new on hackintosh : I already try wth partial success on shuttle barebone.

And now I would like to try on this elitedesk 800 G1 usdt (i5-4570S)

I try to do as the first post (with high sierra instead).

I downloaded clover configurator but I do not know how it's work. So I tried to copy/paste the proposal on first page.

When I start the hackintosh (I have clover page) I start on the SSD where MacOS is and after many lines I have a message about a problem with the CPU.

May I ask you  a download of your config.plist or a help to use cloverconfigurator?

Many thanks

• Like 1

if you are going to upgrade from 10.13.1 to 10.13.2 follow these steps for a efforts free upgrade

first upgrade clover to r4334

then download the follow kext and put the in your kexts EFI folder

Lilu.txt version 1.2.1

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1 <- if you have an Nvidia graphics card

The reboot

now you can upgrade from the App Store to 10.13.2 - failing to do so will cause your 800 G1 to not boot

Hello,

May I ask you  a download of your config.plist or a help to use cloverconfigurator?

Many thanks

I added the config.txt, this is the one I user for the USDT 

So im having issues with my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 USDT machine. I can make it crash by viewing certain websites in Safari.. it causes a hard lockup.

Hi all,

So I have built quite a few hackintoshes over the last decade, and have usually ended up with rock solid machines. Currently, I have 2 hackintoshes, my main one being a liquid cooled i7-4770, 32Gb RAM, 240Gb m.2 SSD, GTX 980, and a bunch of other SATA SSD's for photoshop caches, after effects etc.. this machine has been rock solid, and never skips a beat. Currently on macOS 10.13.2..

However, my other hackintosh is where I am having some issues. It's a HP EliteDesk 800 G1 - i5-4570T, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb EVO 850 SSD, with onboard Intel 4600 graphics. Now, for every day tasks, this machine has been very stable, and even handles my 'at home' photoshop/after effects/final cut pro x workload. The issue I have been facing though, is that certain websites seem to make the machine hard lock. This ONLY happens in Safari, and it seems to be triggered by some sites that have video players on them. Oddly, YouTube/Facebook etc do NOT cause the issue.

An example URL that causes the hardware lockup is https://shareably.net/cat-takes-back-treats-ducks/ . If I view that URL in Safari on the HP EliteDesk, the machine hard locks within about 5 seconds. The same URL works perfectly fine on Chrome though. Also, its not just this one URL, but quite a few sites, and they all seem to use some sort of video player.

Now, the HP EliteDesk 800 G1 is currently running macOS High Sierra 10.13.2. The only (non-standard) kexts I have loaded, are FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet and VoodooHDA.

Please let me know what other information you might need to help me figure out why Safari crashes the machine.

I really should have checked this thread more thoroughly before posting.. I found the comment about PAVP issue, installed Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup and no more freezes!

Now im wondering if its possible to use some other audio kext, instead of VoodooHDA? Perhaps AppleALC plugin for Lilu? Anyone tried?

I haven't tried that, for my HP 800 G1 I am using a USB (works OOB) for sound, VoodooHDA has some issues for basic sounds its ok, for movies and music I prefer the USB sound device.

• Like 1

yeah, the VGA port doesn't work at all, because no Mac's capable of running High Sierra have a VGA output, as far as I know.

I'll be using both DisplayPort anyway, as I have just acquired another EliteDisplay E232 :)

Thanks for confirming.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I'm having a strange and seemingly rare issue with my High Sierra installation. My computer is an HP EliteDesk 800 G1 / i7-4770 / Intel HD4600.

Whenever I boot, I always get a green screen after the Clover boot loader. However, if I wait until the computer enters sleep mode (not just the screen, the actual PC) and wake it up, the screen displays everything just fine.

My installation was super quick and easy:

- Installed High Sierra on an SSD connected to a hard drive dock using my MacBook Pro

- Booted into that installation using my MacBook Pro and installed Clover

- Replaced the EFI folder on the EFI partition with one I found online for the HP EliteDesk 800 G1 (I believe it was posted by Donw35)
- Installed the drive on my HP EliteDesk 800 G1, booted and that's it

I can confirm that everything is working fine, except on-board audio which I don't need since I'm using a USB interface. There are no graphical issues otherwise (doesn't hang, visiting www.clover.com on Safari, like stated above, works fine).

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? It's very annoying having to wait 2 or 3 minutes every time I boot just so I can wake the computer and get a picture.

Thank you in advance!

• 1 month later...