Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

thats right, my other builds have different method to get things done. I choose the stable ones that fit for each machine and its purpose

2 hours ago, Donw35 said:

I also created a USBMap.kext so you do not need all those other settings to get USB 3.0 speeds and updates will not require patching.

oh btw, would you like to share how to build USBMaps.kext?

On 4/5/2019 at 4:13 PM, macKriz said:

Any others than vanilla kexts goes to /L/E, the system boot looking the prelink kernel that build from /S/L/E and /L/E, so this cache contains all kernel extensions that needed to boot macOS with any hardware configuration.
C/K/O not include on the system cache.
Hackintool is a new utils for me too...

Thanks to Donw35 and many other members on this thread that makes these old cute machines reborn.

Wishing you a good weekend macKriz, Donw35 and fellow threaders. I hope to be going onwards with this very soon (aiming for next three days).

Edited by dwfwd

On 4/5/2019 at 5:53 PM, Donw35 said:

there are many ways to get this done, I don't put any kexts in L/E, only in the Clover folder, this way I don't have to deal with updates changing the system. I have a newer Clover folder that is update but the dependancies are updated BIOS to latest version and latest clover.

I will update my clover file later today when I get home. I also created a USBMap.kext so you do not need all those other settings to get USB 3.0 speeds and updates will not require patching.

Hello Donw35

I used your clover folder. Everything works except my internal bluetooth card that is connected to internal usb connector. If I remove your usbmap.kext and use usbinjectall my bluetooth works again. How do I change the usbmap.kext so my internal connector works?

thanks for the help.

On 4/5/2019 at 6:04 AM, macKriz said:

1. Boot to your previous configuration that you can boot to gui.

2. then check your Clover/Kext folder, remove unnecessary kext, actualy only FakeSMC.kext and some other essential kext (e.g IntelMausiEthernet.kext) need to put on that folder. Remove others kext.

3. check /Library/Extensions folder. Only these additional kext installed on /Library/Extension folder

remove all FakeSMC Sensor

4. check config.plist on Clover folder, this is my example configuration using IGPU 4600.

5. Rebuild kernel cache & Repair Permissions using KextUtility app

6. Reboot.

7. Goodluck.

I've done these steps, using your EFI folder provided as the basis.
No change unfortunately, not able to succesfully boot.
What to try now?

The furthest i've gotten with the EFI folders I included in my first post is to boot without accelerated graphics.

Edited by dwfwd

12 hours ago, dwfwd said:

The furthest i've gotten with the EFI folders I included in my first post is to boot without accelerated graphics.

This is a good start to begin.

Usualy I re-route the process from the beginning, like recheck Bios configuration, reinstall the latest clover from original installer, check every detail clover config.plist, and finally check all necessary kexts, and dont forget repair permissions and rebuild system cache.

Last step is tweaking system dsdt, ssdt, ssdt-uiac.aml or usbmap.kext for tweaking usb port injection.

1 hour ago, macKriz said:

This is a good start to begin.

Usualy I re-route the process from the beginning, like recheck Bios configuration, reinstall the latest clover from original installer, check every detail clover config.plist, and finally check all necessary kexts, and dont forget repair permissions and rebuild system cache.

Last step is tweaking system dsdt, ssdt, ssdt-uiac.aml or usbmap.kext for tweaking usb port injection. 

Yeah..at this point I've tried and made 80 EFI configs, and the Rehabman HD4600 and dozens of other HD4600 and i5-4570s or similar configs I've tried and edited all did not work. Not even getting a boot on either High Sierra or Mojave with most of those. Just with the 2 out of the 80 EFI folders I attached I could boot with 7mb graphics. I'm terribly confused from all the framebuffer stuff and exhausted from the whole process. I feel like I've really tried as much as I can within my understanding of it. Do you understand perhaps why your and other configs won't work on mine and get stuck? I've gone over the BIOS and Kext updates as well.

Edited by dwfwd

1 hour ago, dwfwd said:

Yeah..at this point I've tried and made 80 EFI configs, and the Rehabman HD4600 and dozens of other HD4600 and i5-4570s or similar configs I've tried and edited all did not work. Not even getting a boot on either High Sierra or Mojave with most of those. Just with the 2 out of the 80 EFI folders I attached I could boot with 7mb graphics. I'm terribly confused from all the framebuffer stuff and exhausted from the whole process. I feel like I've really tried as much as I can within my understanding of it. Do you understand perhaps why your and other configs won't work on mine and get stuck? I've gone over the BIOS and Kext updates as well.

Hey, I found this interesting, you may check it out...

High Sierra auf HP Elite Desk 800 G1 USDT Installations- und Einrichtungsproblem

just for giggles, I took a HDD, installed Mojave on it from a real Mac, installed Clover and dropped my Clover folder on it that I posted, it booted and all is working as expected. With that said, I am wondering if something is wrong with your base OS install. 

7 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

just for giggles, I took a HDD, installed Mojave on it from a real Mac, installed Clover and dropped my Clover folder on it that I posted, it booted and all is working as expected. With that said, I am wondering if something is wrong with your base OS install. 

Hmm. I installed both High Sierra and Mojave and two disks for using with these configs.
The installation wasn't done on the Elitedesk 800 G1 USDT i5-4570s but on an T430 i5-3320M. Is that something I did should not have done? I couldn't get the installer to boot on the Elitedesk.

I keep thinking the specific GPU model difference sparked my problems..what do you think? Maybe I'm not looking in the right direction.

Edited by dwfwd

the problems you are having are uncommon and that we have the same machine would indicate that something is going wrong during the OS install process. let's try starting fresh on the HP and make sure no other files other then the ones posted are use..

On 4/9/2019 at 5:17 PM, Donw35 said:

the problems you are having are uncommon and that we have the same machine would indicate that something is going wrong during the OS install process. let's try starting fresh on the HP and make sure no other files other then the ones posted are use..

Yeah. Had to take a break. I restarted the process as you proposed and installed High Sierra with the latest EFI I have working (7mb graphics) on this machine. Tomorrow I'll try the configs that are supposed to work - including the one from your first post here.

On 4/9/2019 at 5:17 PM, Donw35 said:

Hey thanks, for your april EFI update! I just tried it on the fresh High Sierra install. Here it gets stuck at kextdstall[0], (60s): 'IGPU' then repeats 3 times, then en0: startting optimisistic DAD (cont.), followed by another kextd stall, then followed by

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->(0). lin0, llk1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0 , now 0, sm 0x0

followed by messages about ACM: verifypolicy
ending with repetitition of IOConsoleUsers and 

last lines are

hfs: mounted High Sierra USB Installer on device disk1s3
hfs: unmount initiated on High Sierra USB Installer on device disk1s3

Edit: I just saw I'm connected to VGA and have been since I succesfully installed High Sierra a few hours ago. (last times I was on displayport)
No problem, continueing and updating tomorrow, trying all the configs from other users. Making mistakes now. :)

Edited by dwfwd

Hi everybody,

I always have a problems with USB 3.0 ports of my Elitedesk 800 G1 using Mojave 10.14.4; I can read all USB 2.0 sticks into USB 3.0 ports but no external HDD or SSD can be detected!!!

No USB 3.0 problems with WINDOWS 10   

Is there any issue please?

Merci d'avance  ;o))

Edited by vespa75
frenchs write frenglish ;o))

Thanks for supplying the EFI.zip OP

At first I was having a hell of a time, it wouldn't boot, then today I realized maybe my bios isnt upto date

So I checked and it wasn't, I updated it and got it up n running thanks to your config.

Great job.

• Like 1

sorry guys, I forgot to mention, if you are using my config, you will need to get your own serial number, I removed it, just go into clover and make it recreate it ... also, this system only worked with display port, VGA does not work to desktop 

• Like 1

I have been trying to get Wake on Lan working. It seems to work ok but often goes back to sleep before my VNC client can connect (a matter of seconds) . I've been playing with Darkwake bootflags but need to do more testing. Darkwake=0 or 8 seem to keep it on longer.  With no flag set as per the @Donw35 EFI It appears to be waking itself outside of WOL requests.  Just realised I'm seeing no options for powernap in prefs/energy saver and reading around a few threads and trying a few things haven't been able to show the option. Is this active in others ? 

Screenshot 2019-05-01 at 00.21.39.png

Yes i'd like Wake on Ethernet on as would like to use WOL functionality. But, I only want it to wake when I tell it to via magic packet. Using darkwake=0 seems to have kept is asleep last night which is what I want. (no powernap). Need to check now I can still wake on lan as expected, but all appears good so far.