Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

did the same process with the updated efi folder and still yielded the same results and tried again copying over only the clover folder and still nothing.. when i boot into the hd clover doesnt recognize any osx installations just my windows hd.. i used this same installer on another pc with  different config and kexts and it booted so its not the installation but still no go with the hp elitedesk 800 g1.. i have the small i5 version not sure if that could help lead to a solution.. once again thank you for the help and ket me know if u all need clarification on what i did

Edited by theguy316

My computer works good except one thing. Sometimes it freeze on wake up. I have now disable sleep completely. Is there any fix for this? 

I think a SSDT for the USB ports is a fix for this problem, but I don't know how to do it...

• 2 weeks later...

yes first thing i did was i formatted the hd using disc utility from el capitan  to OSX extended and details says the hd has GUID partition map... then installed MOJAVE to HD.. installed CLOVER... USE CCG to mount EFI... copy over updated CLOVER folder from first post and replaced on HD... boot into hd on HP ELITEDESK 800 G1.. CLOVER boots up and only 4 options available.. "EFI on WINDOWS ..LEGACY WINDOWS BOOT" ETC (sorry dont have it booted up so dont know exact wording on clover)... all 4 options boot up my windows hard drive.. no sign of any OSX hard drive or boot options for MOJAVE HD

Edited by theguy316

• 4 weeks later...

HP Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF

i5-4690, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K2000D 2047 MB (OOB), INTEL SSDSC2BW240A4

High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G5019), Clover Version 4871

Clover/Kext/Other:

• FakeSMC.kext

/Library/Extensions:

• AppleALC.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext

Internal Sound and USB Audio DAC (port Black Left Front and any Black port on the back) works.

Front Right Blue port and Back Bottom port USB3 works. all other USB ports detected as USB1/2.

CUDA Driver Version: 410.130 + NVIDIA Web Driver: 387.10.10.10.40.118. NVidia Quadro K2000D using PCI-E riser 16x to 16x placed horizontal above the PCI-E slots, used mini DP to DP cable to hook to the monitor.

Pretty hard to follow guide from RehabMan to create SSDT-UIAC.aml (mine is not perfect).
DSDT.aml work great with help from MaLdOn with small adjustment to get rid a warning

7667, 3124, Switch expression is not a static Integer/Buffer/String data type, defaulting to Integer

Method (PR2S, 1, Serialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (And (CDID, 0xF000), 0x8000))
                {
                    Switch (Arg0)
                    {

to

Method (PR2S, 1, Serialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (And (CDID, 0xF000), 0x8000))
                {
                    Switch (ToInteger (Arg0))

and

7734, 3124, Switch expression is not a static Integer/Buffer/String data type, defaulting to Integer

Else
                {
                    Switch (Arg0)

to

Else
                {
                    Switch (ToInteger (Arg0))

I Attach Clover EFI Folder.

CLOVER.zip

Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 17.50.50.jpg

Edited by macKriz
Add screenshot
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything works for me on EliteDesk 800 G1 Mini :D

After a week of fighting with AppleALC just used VoodooHDA2.9.1 and finally get my green audio port working :D

10.14.4 btw, updated literally 5 minutes ago :D

Hi guys, thank you, very glad to see this thread is still active.
For the last two weeks I've tried over 60 EFI configs by trial and error.

At EFI config number 54, I've gotten to boot without accelerated graphics (3 or 7 MB video memory), weirdly somehow working on both displayport>hdmi and VGA.

Donw35's config file in the first post did not work for me. Any suggestions?
I used the Vanilla Guide from corpnewt for my other EFIs.

I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G1 USDT, i5-4570s, 8 GB Ram, using IGPU with displayport.
I tried on a High Sierra and Mojave on seperate SSDs, that work 100% on another machine with the config I made for that. Used dosdude1's High Sierra and Mojave Patcher for making the USB installers.

See attached the two EFI folders that at least got me to boot

I entered Device>Properties>framebuffer entry with either FAKEPCCID or Lilu/Whatever green.
Updated to latest BIOS a few days ago.

Do you know why I am not able to boot the config file from the first post and what I need to change to get full IGPU graphics?

I'm at witts end!
When I'm home I can send the error message I get with the config from Donw35.

EFI 62 FAKEPC ID framebuffer HD 4600 WORKS copy.zip

EFI 54 Whatevergreen framebuffer 4600 WORKS copy.zip

Edited by dwfwd
Added USB installer info and BIOS update

14 hours ago, dwfwd said:

Do you know why I am not able to boot the config file from the first post and what I need to change to get full IGPU graphics?

dwfwd, maybe your USDT can try my SFF build, get it on the attachment.

1. update your clover to the latest buid (Clover_v2.4k_r4910)

2. copy CLOVER folder on HP800G1Stuff  to your EFI folder on EFI partiion.

3. install all kext (use tool on HP800G1Stuff  Library/Extensions folder to your HDD system /Library/Extensions

4. repair permissions using kext utility app.

5. reboot.

6. build your own dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml

7. goodluck

HP800G1Stuff.zip

Edited by macKriz
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, macKriz said:

1. update your clover to the latest buid (Clover_v2.4k_r4910)

2. copy CLOVER folder on HP800G1Stuff  to your EFI folder on EFI partiion.

3. install all kext (use tool on HP800G1Stuff  Library/Extensions folder to your HDD system /Library/Extensions

4. repair permissions using kext utility app.

5. reboot.

6. build your own dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml

7. goodluck

HP800G1Stuff.zip

Thank you macKriz. Within twelve hours I'll be home, and able to follow these steps.

19 hours ago, macKriz said:

Thanks again macKriz.
I followed the steps, the boot process got stuck at the attached image.
I will look up the errors tomorrow. Any suggestions at this point?

IMG_20190404_233128.jpg

6 hours ago, dwfwd said:

Thanks again macKriz.
I followed the steps, the boot process got stuck at the attached image.
I will look up the errors tomorrow. Any suggestions at this point?

IMG_20190404_233128.jpg

1. Boot to your previous configuration that you can boot to gui.

2. then check your Clover/Kext folder, remove unnecessary kext, actualy only FakeSMC.kext and some other essential kext (e.g IntelMausiEthernet.kext) need to put on that folder. Remove others kext.

849593152_ScreenShot2019-04-05at10_43_46.jpg.6d6a1a9dbbee790a5c3bd104f941fe09.jpg

3. check /Library/Extensions folder. Only these additional kext installed on /Library/Extension folder

1401176681_ScreenShot2019-04-05at10_56_352.jpg.a0ef280c4c853380e942e61fcc0d3aac.jpg

remove all FakeSMC Sensor

4. check config.plist on Clover folder, this is my example configuration using IGPU 4600.
1320660648_ScreenShot2019-04-05at09_53_03.thumb.jpg.6ac86938e22de4a3bc98bd8f2160e68a.jpg

5. Rebuild kernel cache & Repair Permissions using KextUtility app

6. Reboot.

7. Goodluck.

Edited by macKriz

4 hours ago, macKriz said:

1. Boot to your previous configuration that you can boot to gui.

2. then check your Clover/Kext folder, remove unnecessary kext, actualy only FakeSMC.kext and some other essential kext (e.g IntelMausiEthernet.kext) need to put on that folder. Remove others kext.

3. check /Library/Extensions folder. Only these additional kext installed on /Library/Extension folder

remove all FakeSMC Sensor

4. check config.plist on Clover folder, this is my example configuration using IGPU 4600.

5. Rebuild kernel cache & Repair Permissions using KextUtility app

6. Reboot.

7. Goodluck.

Great, will follow this.
The previous steps were very clear, thanks for making the package. Kext Utility and Kext Beast are old friends. The vanilla guide didn't mention them, I forgot and did not try them..
Is there a difference in L/E and kext/other?
Hackintool is a new one for me. Haven't used it yet. Thanks again, updating in about twelve hours. Hopefully some luck.

Edited by dwfwd

6 hours ago, dwfwd said:

Great, will follow this.
The previous steps were very clear, thanks for making the package. Kext Utility and Kext Beast are old friends. The vanilla guide didn't mention them, I forgot and did not try them..
Is there a difference in L/E and kext/other?
Hackintool is a new one for me. Haven't used it yet. Thanks again, updating in about twelve hours. Hopefully some luck.

Any others than vanilla kexts goes to /L/E, the system boot looking the prelink kernel that build from /S/L/E and /L/E, so this cache contains all kernel extensions that needed to boot macOS with any hardware configuration.
C/K/O not include on the system cache.
Hackintool is a new utils for me too...

Thanks to Donw35 and many other members on this thread that makes these old cute machines reborn.

Edited by macKriz

there are many ways to get this done, I don't put any kexts in L/E, only in the Clover folder, this way I don't have to deal with updates changing the system. I have a newer Clover folder that is update but the dependancies are updated BIOS to latest version and latest clover.

I will update my clover file later today when I get home. I also created a USBMap.kext so you do not need all those other settings to get USB 3.0 speeds and updates will not require patching.