Donw35

High Sierra or Mojave on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and tower PC's, 10.14

144 posts in this topic

well,

interesting that here is no NVIDIA support under Mojave. i think ill stay put on High Sierra. my machine is tripple boot and the 1050ti works very well under windows for gaming.

thanks man !!

Good plan, once Nvidia has drives for Mojave, it may be a good upgrade

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

From a hardware perspective the nvidia 1050(ti) is also the highest GPU upgrade officially recommended by HP in the tower / TWR model according the specsheets. The highest AMD RX that will work without using an additional / replacement PSU. To power the possible 6-pin connector at the RX560, is to get a mSATA to 6-pin converter cable (can be held pretty much at every local computer retailer costs a few bucks). But, according to a benchmark site like https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-560/3649vs3926 and/or https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-Radeon-RX-560/3595vs3708 that 'upgrade' from nvidia to AMD -- to be compatible with Mojave (at this time as put forward by @Donw35) -- does mean a considerable performance loss of roughly 25%. In short: 1050ti is indeed the better videocard in a triple boot environment where Windows gaming is important. A proper a wortwhile price/performance upgrade in most TWR scenario's -- for any OS where GPU performance matters -- would be to get a RX 570 with 8GB RAM. Usually cheaper than a RX 580 with 4GB. And the additional 4GB VRAM is more important for textures in Windows gaming than the 15% performance gain of RX580 (so I've been told), but does involve some hardware modding as explained in my prior post on page 3.

Edited by rhyker2u

Posted (edited)

Thanks bro. I have HP 800 G1 mojave working fine after i add voodoohda in kexts\Other booting very slow take time to open not sime before add kexts

Edited by amrleo

Posted (edited)

did the same process with the updated efi folder and still yielded the same results and tried again copying over only the clover folder and still nothing.. when i boot into the hd clover doesnt recognize any osx installations just my windows hd.. i used this same installer on another pc with  different config and kexts and it booted so its not the installation but still no go with the hp elitedesk 800 g1.. i have the small i5 version not sure if that could help lead to a solution.. once again thank you for the help and ket me know if u all need clarification on what i did

Edited by theguy316

My computer works good except one thing. Sometimes it freeze on wake up. I have now disable sleep completely. Is there any fix for this? 

I think a SSDT for the USB ports is a fix for this problem, but I don't know how to do it...

I have noticed this too sometimes, see to have just started too, I will look into it and report back

yes first thing i did was i formatted the hd using disc utility from el capitan  to OSX extended and details says the hd has GUID partition map... then installed MOJAVE to HD.. installed CLOVER... USE CCG to mount EFI... copy over updated CLOVER folder from first post and replaced on HD... boot into hd on HP ELITEDESK 800 G1.. CLOVER boots up and only 4 options available.. "EFI on WINDOWS ..LEGACY WINDOWS BOOT" ETC (sorry dont have it booted up so dont know exact wording on clover)... all 4 options boot up my windows hard drive.. no sign of any OSX hard drive or boot options for MOJAVE HD

Edited by theguy316

Use KernelPm in config.plist

Thanks for this, works great!

I didn't add USBInjectAll as I haven't noticed any USB issues. And Lilu is unnecessary without a plugin afaik.

HP Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF

i5-4690, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K2000D 2047 MB (OOB), INTEL SSDSC2BW240A4

High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G5019), Clover Version 4871

Clover/Kext/Other:

• FakeSMC.kext

/Library/Extensions:

• AppleALC.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext

Internal Sound and USB Audio DAC (port Black Left Front and any Black port on the back) works.

Front Right Blue port and Back Bottom port USB3 works. all other USB ports detected as USB1/2.

CUDA Driver Version: 410.130 + NVIDIA Web Driver: 387.10.10.10.40.118. NVidia Quadro K2000D using PCI-E riser 16x to 16x placed horizontal above the PCI-E slots, used mini DP to DP cable to hook to the monitor.

Pretty hard to follow guide from RehabMan to create SSDT-UIAC.aml (mine is not perfect).
DSDT.aml work great with help from MaLdOn with small adjustment to get rid a warning

7667, 3124, Switch expression is not a static Integer/Buffer/String data type, defaulting to Integer

Method (PR2S, 1, Serialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (And (CDID, 0xF000), 0x8000))
                {
                    Switch (Arg0)
                    {

to

Method (PR2S, 1, Serialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (And (CDID, 0xF000), 0x8000))
                {
                    Switch (ToInteger (Arg0))

and

7734, 3124, Switch expression is not a static Integer/Buffer/String data type, defaulting to Integer

Else
                {
                    Switch (Arg0)

to

Else
                {
                    Switch (ToInteger (Arg0))

I Attach Clover EFI Folder.

CLOVER.zip

Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 17.50.50.jpg

Edited by macKriz
Add screenshot

I have the same hp elitdesk 800 g1 desktop I5 4590 8ram 

Can you share your efi files i realy need it and I'm not very good at editing 

Regards

Everything works for me on EliteDesk 800 G1 Mini :D

After a week of fighting with AppleALC just used VoodooHDA2.9.1 and finally get my green audio port working :D

10.14.4 btw, updated literally 5 minutes ago :D

Yep, 10.4.4 here with no issues

Posted (edited)

Today I update my HP Elitedesk to 10.14.4
No change on EFI folder, update clover to rev. 4910

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 14.10.23.jpg

Edited by macKriz

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, thank you, very glad to see this thread is still active.
For the last two weeks I've tried over 60 EFI configs by trial and error.

At EFI config number 54, I've gotten to boot without accelerated graphics (3 or 7 MB video memory), weirdly somehow working on both displayport>hdmi and VGA.

Donw35's config file in the first post did not work for me. Any suggestions?
I used the Vanilla Guide from corpnewt for my other EFIs.

I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G1 USDT, i5-4570s, 8 GB Ram, using IGPU with displayport.
I tried on a High Sierra and Mojave on seperate SSDs, that work 100% on another machine with the config I made for that. Used dosdude1's High Sierra and Mojave Patcher for making the USB installers.

See attached the two EFI folders that at least got me to boot

I entered Device>Properties>framebuffer entry with either FAKEPCCID or Lilu/Whatever green.
Updated to latest BIOS a few days ago.

Do you know why I am not able to boot the config file from the first post and what I need to change to get full IGPU graphics?

I'm at witts end!
When I'm home I can send the error message I get with the config from Donw35.

EFI 62 FAKEPC ID framebuffer HD 4600 WORKS copy.zip

EFI 54 Whatevergreen framebuffer 4600 WORKS copy.zip

Edited by dwfwd
Added USB installer info and BIOS update

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, dwfwd said:

Do you know why I am not able to boot the config file from the first post and what I need to change to get full IGPU graphics?

dwfwd, maybe your USDT can try my SFF build, get it on the attachment.

1. update your clover to the latest buid (Clover_v2.4k_r4910)

2. copy CLOVER folder on HP800G1Stuff  to your EFI folder on EFI partiion.

3. install all kext (use tool on HP800G1Stuff  Library/Extensions folder to your HDD system /Library/Extensions

4. repair permissions using kext utility app.

5. reboot.

6. build your own dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml

7. goodluck

HP800G1Stuff.zip

Edited by macKriz

10 hours ago, macKriz said:

1. update your clover to the latest buid (Clover_v2.4k_r4910)

2. copy CLOVER folder on HP800G1Stuff  to your EFI folder on EFI partiion.

3. install all kext (use tool on HP800G1Stuff  Library/Extensions folder to your HDD system /Library/Extensions

4. repair permissions using kext utility app.

5. reboot.

6. build your own dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml

7. goodluck

HP800G1Stuff.zip

Thank you macKriz. Within twelve hours I'll be home, and able to follow these steps.

19 hours ago, macKriz said:

Thanks again macKriz.
I followed the steps, the boot process got stuck at the attached image.
I will look up the errors tomorrow. Any suggestions at this point?

IMG_20190404_233128.jpg

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, dwfwd said:

Thanks again macKriz.
I followed the steps, the boot process got stuck at the attached image.
I will look up the errors tomorrow. Any suggestions at this point?

IMG_20190404_233128.jpg

1. Boot to your previous configuration that you can boot to gui.

2. then check your Clover/Kext folder, remove unnecessary kext, actualy only FakeSMC.kext and some other essential kext (e.g IntelMausiEthernet.kext) need to put on that folder. Remove others kext.

849593152_ScreenShot2019-04-05at10_43_46.jpg.6d6a1a9dbbee790a5c3bd104f941fe09.jpg

3. check /Library/Extensions folder. Only these additional kext installed on /Library/Extension folder

1401176681_ScreenShot2019-04-05at10_56_352.jpg.a0ef280c4c853380e942e61fcc0d3aac.jpg

remove all FakeSMC Sensor

4. check config.plist on Clover folder, this is my example configuration using IGPU 4600.
1320660648_ScreenShot2019-04-05at09_53_03.thumb.jpg.6ac86938e22de4a3bc98bd8f2160e68a.jpg

5. Rebuild kernel cache & Repair Permissions using KextUtility app

6. Reboot.

7. Goodluck.

Edited by macKriz