Donw35

High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and tower PC's, 10.14

219 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2019 at 9:54 PM, Donw35 said:
1 hour ago, Donw35 said:

it's possible,  what CPU are you using. I would give it a go...

I'm using i5-4590. I already tested it and in fact writing on it. Only 2 usb3 ports are working. 1 in front and 1 at the back. Is that correct?

Advertisement

Yes, if you want them all to work, try the this...

Name: IOUSBHostFamily
Find: c20200e0 83fb0f
Replace: c20200e0 83fb3f

Comment: USB port limit patch 10.14.x (credit ydeng)

Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find: 4183ff0f 0f839404 0000
Replace: 4183ff3f 0f839404 0000

Comment: USB port limit patch 10.14.6

Like I said, I am use USBMap.lext that I created. using this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3V7szXZZTc

Posted (edited)

About to update to Catalina, will let you know if successful.

Edit: All fine.. took a while to install though.

Edited by Menacie

I am going to start on mine now too

fresh install, update doesn't work

Posted (edited)

hum... I will give that a go then, did you upgrade clover ?, what version of clover are you running ?

Edited by Donw35

Latest Clover, tried on 2 machines one USDT the other SFF

You'll have no issues upgrading from Mojave, the servers are slow to download Catalina however.

Posted (edited)

yeah, 8.09 gig download... wow

Updated without issues...

Edited by Donw35

Good to hear, seems OK for me after indexing is finished.

My front USB3 ports are still not working, back are fine.. was the same for Mojave

I updated my 800 G1 USDT to OSX 10.15 Catalina yesterday - the upgrade itself went fine and afterwards I updated the various kexts to the latest versions.  My wireless card however is no longer working - it is an AzureWave AW-CE123H which is a Broadcom BCM94352HMB.  I had it working on Mojave by running the installer from here:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/844-azurewave-aw-ce123h/

After updating to Catalina the wireless seemed to work intermittently and the boot took a lot longer than usual and my PC kept locking up or restarting so I removed the various kexts it installed.  So my install now boots fine but of course no wireless - currently using the Intel Ethernet which works.  Is there any way to get this wireless card working in Catalina?  One of the problems was the installer tries to put the kexts in S/L/E which is now read-only in Catalina - I did try installing them in L/E but the card doesn't seem to be recognised.

I also have the problem with the USB3 ports not working - the two at the front don't work and only one of the rear USB3 ports works.  I have the USBInjectAll.kext installed - should I try the USBMap.kext linked to above?

UPDATE: I used the Hackintool program and mapped all of the USB2 and USB3 ports - I then exported the USBPorts.kext and SSDT-EC.aml files - all of my USB2 and USB3 ports are now working.

UPDATE2: Now got the wifi and BT working - installed the latest AirportBrcmFixup.kext for the wifi and found a Catalina version of BrcmPatchRAM3-V2.3.0d2.zip which seems to work as well.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/339175-brcmpatchram2-for-1015-catalina-broadcom-bluetooth-firmware-upload/?page=6

Edited by brookheather

remember, I created the USBMap.kext on my computer, it will not work on all HP 800 G1, its was created on the SFF and doesn't work on the USDT or the Mini.

so the USDT is working but the SFF is not, interesting. are we sure its not hardware causing the rebooting. most rebooting problems are caused by GFX issues or memory, are you using display port ?

System spec..

CPU = I5-4570

Memory = 16gb DDR3 1600Mhz

My SFF 

BIOS Version v02.77

Storage option = SATA Emulation AHCI

connections

USB Keyboard and mouse

24 inch Monitor connected using display port

here is my most recent clover folder, with this, it should work, if not, it must be something else.

CLOVER.zip

Edited by Donw35

The best manual ever seen, bro! THANKS A LOT!

You can add Elitedesk 800 G1 DM to "affected" devices too.

Updated to Catalina without any problem. After update I've added DW 1820A wireless adapter, iMessage started working without additional dances.