Sony VAIO VPC-F13S1R NVIDIA 425m no internal screen no HTMI

a3om

9 posts in this topic

Hi, guys!

I would like to say you all thanks for your time. I saw how much help you give to people like me. I respect you guys!

So, my issue. I have a Sony VAIO VPC-F13S1R that has the NVIDIA 425m video card and FullHD resolution. I have red many topics and tried many options which work with any other laptops, but nothing. Now I am on the 6,2 SMBios. I also tried to use the 3,1. Internal display works with the nv_disable, but has no full hd resolution. But I would like to have that.

How can I get it working? Any ideas? Also, if I can't get NVIDIA working, may I use the integrated Intel HD Graphics video card that my VAIO have as well? Will it support FullHD resolution?  Seems it doesn't support Full HD resolution, so the only one way to have Full HD is to get the NVIDIA working...

I also thought, maybe Clover don't load the patched DSDT.aml... How can I check this?

Notebook: Sony VAIO VPC-F13S1R

Graphics Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 425m (max amount of memory: 1024MB)

Display: LCD 16' FullHD (1920x1080)

CPU: Intel Core i5 m560

Chipset: PM55

BIOS: AMI R0180Y9

Boot loader: Clover

DSDT: in the attached archive

Clover Configuration: in the attached archive

Thanks a lot for your help!

My Configuration.zip

Edited by a3om

Try this: attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Unfortunately, still nothing. I noticed you enabled verbose mode by default and disabled InjectNvidia. I tried your version. Then I enabled InjectNvidia and tried again. Still no internal display. I noticed the text `nvdagf100hal loaded and registered` or something similar before I saw a black screen. Thanks.

So, my issue. I have a Sony VAIO VPC-F13S1R that has the NVIDIA 425m video card and FullHD resolution. I have red many topics and tried many options which work with any other laptops, but nothing. Now I am on the 6,2 SMBios. I also tried to use the 3,1. Internal display works with the nv_disable, but has no full hd resolution. But I would like to have that.

How can I get it working? Any ideas?

Hello @a3om, I checked ur patched DSDT.aml; U've applied DSM method on: _SB.PCI0.PEGP.NGFX and there's EDID patching using "AAPL00,override-no-edid".

So, my question; Is these EDID values extracted from ur own machine display?  :) But bro, there's still some error while compiling ur patched DSDT..!!!

And also, U should to be specific about ur mac details using; which El Capitan's build version here (example: 10.11.6 Build 15G31 etc.)? Thanks 4 fast respons.

Hello @a3om, I checked ur patched DSDT.aml; U've applied DSM method on: _SB.PCI0.PEGP.NGFX and there's EDID patching using "AAPL00,override-no-edid".

So, my question; Is these EDID values extracted from ur own machine display?  :) But bro, there's still some error while compiling ur patched DSDT..!!!

And also, U should to be specific about ur mac details using; which El Capitan's build version here (example: 10.11.6 Build 15G31 etc.)? Thanks 4 fast respons.

Sorry for not quick answer. Yes, I extracted these EDID values from my machine display using Ubuntu 16.04. Then I found these values in my original DSDT and just copied and pasted these to the DSM method.

Weird, I have no errors compiling my DSDT... I use MaciASL with the 5.1 ACPI specification. So, maybe that's the issue.

And sorry for lack of information. I use the same build like you: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 15G31. Thanks.

• Like 1

Sorry for not quick answer. 

OK, there's not only one method for extracting our Display EDID. Just to confirm, if U have Windows Installed on that machine; try Dumping EDID using "Monitor Asset Manager 2.9" software found here: http://entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm then post the result. I read from a guide here, the output using this sofware is accurate. Thanks.

OK, there's not only one method for extracting our Display EDID. Just to confirm, if U have Windows Installed on that machine; try Dumping EDID using "Monitor Asset Manager 2.9" software found here: http://entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm then post the result. I read from a guide here, the output using this sofware is accurate. Thanks.

OK, I have installed Windows 10 to another HDD, installed the native NVidia graphics driver (actually, that may not make sense, but anyway...) and run Monitor Asset Manager. Here's the dump I got from it. I compared this EDID with the one from DSDT and it looks the same. But maybe extra information from the dump yield results. Thanks for your help.

moninfo.txt

dspinfo.bin.zip

• Like 1

OK, I have installed Windows 10 to another HDD, installed the native NVidia graphics driver (actually, that may not make sense, but anyway...) and run Monitor Asset Manager. Here's the dump I got from it. I compared this EDID with the one from DSDT and it looks the same. But maybe extra information from the dump yield results. Thanks for your help.

Strange, try updating ur El Capitan to 15G1421 then use Web Driver, also use latest Clover Bootloder or Enoch.

Or if U wanna play with ur current config (better testing via USB FlashDisk):

1. ACPI - Drop OEM DSM: NVIDIA, Graphics: InjectNvidia=True, DualLink=0

2. ACPI - Drop OEM DSM: NVIDIA, Graphics: InjectNvidia=True, InjectEDID=True, fill Custom EDID with ur extracted data above

3. ACPI - Drop OEM DSM: NVIDIA, Graphics: InjectNvidia=False, place "Natit.kext" on /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

4. Try using another SMBios.

Good luck.  :)

#Edit: U my remove ur Display Overrides if any b4 testing. Thanks.

• Like 1

Strange, try updating ur El Capitan to 15G1421 then use Web Driver, also use latest Clover Bootloder or Enoch.

Or if U wanna play with ur current config (better testing via USB FlashDisk):

1. ACPI - Drop OEM DSM: NVIDIA, Graphics: InjectNvidia=True, DualLink=0

2. ACPI - Drop OEM DSM: NVIDIA, Graphics: InjectNvidia=True, InjectEDID=True, fill Custom EDID with ur extracted data above

3. ACPI - Drop OEM DSM: NVIDIA, Graphics: InjectNvidia=False, place "Natit.kext" on /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

4. Try using another SMBios.

Good luck.  :)

#Edit: U my remove ur Display Overrides if any b4 testing. Thanks.

I've reinstalled OS X with the latest Clover bootloader and then updated Mac OS to 15G1421. Unfortunately, the screen was still black after reboot. Then I installed Web Driver and saw it defined my graphics card as NVIDIA 425m in the `About my mac` which is good I thought, but the screen was still black after reboot. Then I continued testing. Tried steps #1 and #2 and got nothing. On the #3 step I still saw black screen, but tried to connect mac through HDMI and I saw the screen! There's some progress! Then I tried various SMBios and got black screen on the internal LCD with working HDMI. Then I wanted to figure out what makes HDMI working. Deleted Natit.kext and got not working HDMI. So, Natit.kext helps somehow. Then I tried to remove the DSDT EDID modifications and nothing happened. Then I tried step #2 with Natit.kext and again it didn't make anything. I attached the Natit.kext I use. So, at least I have working HDMI and maybe we can see more details about the issue. How we can know where the issue is? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks a lot for your invaluable assistance.

[edit] Attached screenshots I got with working HDMI by the Natit.kext.

Natit.kext.zip

post-1722677-0-51531400-1493220201_thumb.png

post-1722677-0-05003600-1493220212_thumb.png