InsanelyMac Forum
MaLd0n

[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and x99 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

1 minute ago, bocajoe said:

I don't think I understand 100%.

When I select Internal speaker I don't get any sound. I haven't tried headphones but I will buy some in the morning.

I'm not sure what you mean by "change ato in some layout ids"

Thank you Maldon

*auto change xD

Advertisement
Just now, MaLd0n said:

*auto change xD

OK. I'm not sure where/what Auto Change is. Sorry Maldon, I'm not the best at this but I try and like to learn.

12 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

PM is working ;)

audio is alc662, i inject 5, if dont work u can try other, 5,7,11,12,13

MaLd0n 2018-04-15 às 00.20.08.png

Inject here, save, reboot

MaLd0n 2018-04-15 às 00.24.30.png

https://www5.zippyshare.com/d/OVhoGx6q/9412/CLOVER.zip

Hi Maldon. I just realized when I insert a USB (2.0 or 3.0) it says "USB Accessory Needs Power" (see pic below)

Here are my RunMe File results

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZMQvbbBizbjkU_AjY0moeTUSxV7jEME_/view?usp=sharing

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 11.03.06 AM.png

2 hours ago, bocajoe said:

Hi Maldon. I just realized when I insert a USB (2.0 or 3.0) it says "USB Accessory Needs Power" (see pic below)

Here are my RunMe File results

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZMQvbbBizbjkU_AjY0moeTUSxV7jEME_/view?usp=sharing

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 11.03.06 AM.png

k

replace DSDT

DSDT.aml.zip

and replace UsbInjectall too, use this version

USBInjectAll.kext.zip

18 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

k

replace DSDT

DSDT.aml.zip

and replace UsbInjectall too, use this version

USBInjectAll.kext.zip

Of course that worked... Maldon touched it!!!!! :)

Thank you very much Maldon! 

Question on the DSDT: If I change/upgrade my video card or CPU does the DSDT have to be changed?

3 minutes ago, bocajoe said:

Of course that worked... Maldon touched it!!!!! :)

Thank you very much Maldon! 

Question on the DSDT: If I change/upgrade my video card or CPU does the DSDT have to be changed?

No, u can use same file, CPU is just a PlugIn type and video i apply a Name _SUN ;)

Boca, send me new SEND_ME, i need check log

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

No, u can use same file, CPU is just a PlugIn type and video i apply a Name _SUN ;)

You make it sound easy because you know EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW! 

But I don't know where PlugIn type is or where or what the heck Apply a Name _SUN. :lol:

You are way to smart and I can't keep up!

Do you have links on DSDT and SSDT tutorials? I would love to learn!

Edited by bocajoe

1 hour ago, bocajoe said:

You make it sound easy because you know EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW! 

But I don't know where PlugIn type is or where or what the heck Apply a Name _SUN. :lol:

You are way to smart and I can't keep up!

Do you have links on DSDT and SSDT tutorials? I would love to learn!

in my very old topic have some useful links

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forums/topic/235523-dsdt-auto-patcher/

3 minutes ago, bocajoe said:

Excellent, I will check them out. Thank you for everything Maldon!

Welcome, boca!

Enjoy!

Posted (edited)

Hello, I wonder if you can have a look into my RunMe files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ij6f3jpwdn61kb/Send me MacBook-Pro.zip?dl=1

It's an Acer Aspire S3 laptop, i5-2467M, 4 GB RAM.

My biggest headache: Computer cannot sleep.

Other things: not sound, no wifi.

Thank you very much in advance,

EDIT - Details about it: To create this hackintosh, I cloned High Sierra from another S3, i5-3317M, but I couldn't use its CLOVER folder, neither its wifi and audio kexts, it didn't boot.

It finally booted, thanks to you, using your CLOVER Install.zip, and now I'm stuck in the DSDT patches section, because this S3 is very different from the other one (the 3rd gen S3 was UEFI, this 2nd gen S3 has BIOS...) and I don't know how to patch it all.

EDIT 2: Installing High Sierra 10.13.0

EDIT 3: Done! I got it! Thank you!

Edited by skyfly555

Hey MaLd0n.. Sorry to keep bugging you with my system problems. I just did a bios update and all works fine still except wake from sleep is hit or miss again. Ive went through bios and made all the appropriate changes but i may be missing something somewhere. If you could help that would be awesome!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EauhwQhN65KO9G1jNW9NM-Kma8OoaXvR

Posted (edited)

Hi, I have been trying to get a stable hack for a while now with my new setup.

My specifications are:

macOS 10.13.4

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H

i7 4770K

I have attached the output of the F4 and RunMe app.

Thanks

Send me Mohameds-iMac.zip

Edited by moman2000

22 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Hey MaLd0n.. Sorry to keep bugging you with my system problems. I just did a bios update and all works fine still except wake from sleep is hit or miss again. Ive went through bios and made all the appropriate changes but i may be missing something somewhere. If you could help that would be awesome!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EauhwQhN65KO9G1jNW9NM-Kma8OoaXvR

what happens with wake?

2 hours ago, moman2000 said:

Hi, I have been trying to get a stable hack for a while now with my new setup.

My specifications are:

macOS 10.13.4

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H

i7 4770K

I have attached the output of the F4 and RunMe app.

Thanks

Send me Mohameds-iMac.zip

replace, reboot and send me new files

CLOVER moman2000.zip

16 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

what happens with wake?

replace, reboot and send me new files

CLOVER moman2000.zip

Computer will wake but just to a black screen. Or sometimes when it does wake it wont mount USB connected drives. Sometimes it will work normal. I know... It makes no sense lol. 

sound like a video problem, try update Nvidia Fx kext and Clover bootloader

Man, haven't been on these forums in a while.

Anyone try this on an ASRock Extreme4 Gen3? Thinking about giving Hackintosh another go.

1 minute ago, nylock10 said:

Man, haven't been on these forums in a while.

Anyone try this on an ASRock Extreme4 Gen3? Thinking about giving Hackintosh another go.

send me files

RunMe.app.zip

8 hours ago, korlione2009 said:

How do you compile dsdt with errors?

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 10.37.18.png

use acpi6,1

27 minutes ago, firefly_can_fly said:

hey MaLd0n 

It's been a while since I used clover, so a lot of things went rusty. Can you please look at my setup and guide/help what should be done next? 

https://fex.net/354949878474?fileId=441517695

Current setup: 

GA-Z97X-UD3H

Xeon e3 1245v3 

Msi GTX 1050ti Gaming X

https://www23.zippyshare.com/v/VUykquYp/file.html

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jiji The Fox
      Hey, long time no post!

Apologies if this has been answered, every time I search I get a timeout on the site and I can't seem to get the search to work

I've been sitting pretty with Yosemite for a while , but a recent hardware upgrade (Audio interface) means I can jump from Yosemite. 

I've successfully upgraded Clover, then the OS and for the most of it, it seems great. Everything works but the Graphics Driver (NVidia GeForce GTX670.)

I can only boot into Mac if disable the NVIDIA drivers with the boot flag nv_disable=1  however that's not great I end up with one monitor working at 1024 x 768.

I've updated the NVIDIA web drivers to the latest my build of sierra can take. 
      I have the boot flag for web driver to be enabled (can't remember off the top of my head.. I'm on the work pc, soon to be home)

Any ideas would be grateful, I spent much of last night and morning on this.

Many Thanks

UPDATE: I've managed to load successfully, between a combination of changing the SMBIOS to MacBook 14,2 and loading lilukext with NVIDIAgraphicsfixer.

Everything is the same as Yosemite, except I do not have HDMI audio or onboard sound. I do have a dedicated audio interface so I'm not at a true loss.

• By zebity
      Hi Hypervisors,

I have been working to move my Late 2009 Xserve MacOS Server onto Ubuntu 18.04 LTS QEMU/KVM based virtual machine using OVMF and Clover.

After much effort and testing based on the following information from: Kraxel's, Kholia, Gordon Turner and Clover site:
      https://www.kraxel.org/blog/2017/09/running-macos-as-guest-in-kvm/
      https://github.com/kholia/OSX-KVM
      https://gist.github.com/gordonturner/2a2e5ecde5e7860b52e2
      https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

I have now managed to get OVMF/Clover boot and install of MacOS Sierra.

I started with Ubuntu 16.04 initially but this required download and compile of QEMU to get update of machines to: pc-q35-2.9 or better, so I moved to Ubuntu 18.04, which has pc-q35.2.11 available as standard.

So I am now working with standard Ubuntu 18.04 LTS based systems with following packages: kvm/qemu/libvirt/bridge-utils/ovmf/virt-manager

As I want to use PCIe Passthrough for a number of PCIe card currently installed in the server (SmallTree 10GbE & Areca ARC-1883 SAS RAID) I set up my machine with linux kernel boot configuration (/etc/default/grub) of: 
      GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="iommu=1 intel_iommu=on" (as my machine is intel VT-d based HW virtualisation)

This resulted in creation of a number of iommu groups (see /sys/kernel/iommu_group directory for this and this posting for information: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/ubuntu-17-04-vfio-pcie-passthrough-kernel-update-4-14-rc1/119639 , noting that Ubuntu 18.04 LTS has kernel version: 4.15.0-22-generic so there is no need to do kernel update for iommu to work).

Using bare minimal Clover config.plist:

And following Clover UEFI drivers:

I can boot MacOS, but it is very very slow... it sits on the apple boot logo for over a minutes before finally moving onto the progress bar.
      The other problem I have is that no PCI or Network devices appear in the "About This Mac" System Information Report and I cannot get any network connectivity from bridged E1000 network device.

Here is my virtlib.xml dump for the virtual machine:

Can any one advise of whether I need to update the CLOVER config.plist to add extra items in to allow network and PCI Passthrough to work.

Thank you.

Regards,

Zebity

• By Gymnae
      Introduction
      The H370 chipset powers 8th generation Intel Core-i CPUs. Even though the name H370 rings comparable to Z370, the H370 is based on newer silicon. This it also requires some new approaches compared to the Z370. An example would be on-die USB 3.1 and WiFi support.

Since this guide is not a "hold-your-hand-every-step" guide, I assume you know:
      Clover installation and configuration How to create an install medium for MacOS Access and configure the BIOS Have heard of ACPI patching (I'm a newb at this myself)  
      What works
      Sleep (via DSDT edits and emulated NVRAM) On-board Audio (via CloverALC script) Native power management (without any kext or patch) All USB ports (and only those present are active) iGPU for both acceleration and display dGPU (I'm running an Nvidia GTX 1080)  
      Untested
      NIC --> I'm using WiFi only  
      What doesn't work
      Native NVRAM via AptioMemoryFix.efi DMVT Pre-alloc higher than 64MB (but not necessary)  
      Changes to the guide:
      22.5.18: Added SSDT hot-patching to enable sleep, replacing DSDT static patching as an alternative.
      23.5.18: Add iMac18,1 as alternative SMBIOS config for those relying on the iGPU for output

1. Installation
      This guide heavy inspired by the work of /u/corpnewt of /r/hackintosh and his (sorta) Vanilla guide

1.1 Create the install media for MacOS
      Follow this, if you are using a Mac to start off with. If you are totally new to MacOS, then please check the basic guide Creation of an installer media in windows or linux

1.2 Install Clover on the install media
      Using the Clover installer, ensure you are installing to the USB medium you are using for the installer.
      Chose the following options:
      AptioMemoryFix UEFI booting only Install to ESP You have to get your hands on an apfs.efi. A google search can help, or extracting it from the Installer package. Make sure you procure a version matching the MacOS version you are about to install. Place the apfs.efi in drivers64UEFI.

1.2 Adjust the config.plist for the installer
      You can use the config.plist attached as a guideline, but take a look at it before and at least adjust the SMBIOS - otherwise it won't boot.
      Attention: The attached plist contains audio patches introduced by a post-install step. If you run into problems, you might remove those. It also contains a manual slide value, which should normally not be needed, but works fine for me. It is also tuned for usage with an Nvidia Pascal dGPU as main GPU.

The config you create now should serve you nicely for install and running the system.

Take care of adding the following basics:
      SMBIOS: iMac18,3 - You can generate a serial number via Clover Configurator. The creation of a proper SMBIOS is covered in many guides to good extend Note: If you aim at using the iGPU for output, a user reported that iMac18,1 works better - since iMac18,3 produces sever flicker. Look at the graphics section and adjust the injection for Intel to your situation  
      Fixes

Patches

Devices

Graphics

Kernel and Kext patches

1.3 kexts and friends
      Add the supplied SSDT-UAIC.aml to "patched" - it limits the injected USB Ports to the actual number and ports valid for this board.

Required kexts on "Other":
      FakeSMC.kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext Lilu.kext When having an Nvidia card: NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext in case you're running Ethernet USBInjectAll.kext with the HCI-300-series-injector.kext --> These two should be installed to /L/E after install  
      We are leaving sound out at the moment, this is something for post-install. Please note the absence of Shiki, I don't find it necessary. Video material I tried made use of the iGPU without shiki.

1.4 Check BIOS and install
      You should be ready for install. But before you reboot, please take a look at your BIOS and set it up accordingly (copied from the aforementioned guide and adapted):
      Load Optimized Defaults Disable VT-d setting If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it Set OS Type to Windows 8/10 or OtherOS - I have not seen a difference Turn off internal Serial and Parallel port Turn off Network stack for boot Turn off wake-on-lan (for now) Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled Don't enable decode over 4G Depending on your GPU, set priority for boot Set internal GPU to enable Set DMVT pre-alloc to 64MB Set USB legacy to enabled Activate XMP profile 1 f your Ram has it (mine doesn't and I added the timings manually) Set ERP to enable, disable platform power management (I need to do more research if this could be enabled)  
      I've attached my current BIOS config "hack2". You can place that on a fat32 drive (the EFI partition of your install USB drive might be an idea) and see if it loads. It's made for and with the F2 BIOS.

The install itself should be like other MacOS Hackintosh installs with it several reboots and ensuring to select the correct boot device in Clover.

2. Post-install

2.1 Install clover on target
      This is a no-brainer, but install a fresh copy of Clover on your target medium.

During install select again AptioMemoryFix but also additionally
      EmuVariableUefi-64.efi Install RC scripts on target volume because otherwise NVRAM doesn't seem to work

After the install, copy
      config.plist contents of "Other" content of "patched" apfs.efi from drivers64UEFI to your new clover install.

2.1 Edit ACPI for slumber
      Choose one option, not both. The hot-patch is experimental, but for the moment it is stable.

2.1.1 Edit DSDT
      This is necessary only once on initial install and every time, you edit or upgrade the BIOS. The DSDT.aml attached to this post might work for your system or give you a file to compare to. Don't expect it to work for you, though.
      I won't go into the details of DSDT extraction and patching. There are better guides (the linked guide is a rip-off of rehabman's guide from a different forum). Please follow such a guide to extract your ACPI data.

Locate and disassemble the DSDT with the newest iasl binary you can put your hands on, then open it with MacIASL in its newest version you can find (Hint: Here is a good source) You can check if the version is new enough if MacIASL doesn't throw error upon compiling a freshly extracted DSDT.aml or DSDT.dst

Add rehabmans repo (as per linked guide) and apply the following patches:
      Rename _DSM to _XDSM Fix _WAK Arg0 v2 USB3 _PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake) Find the CNVW device and remove the _PWR function there.

Compile the DSDT and place it in "patched".

2.1.2 Use SSDT hot-patching
      Instead of having to re-extract and re-patch the DSDT on every BIOS change or update, Hardware change one can also use ACPI hot-patching.
      It's a combination of config.plist patches and an SSDT, which is hot-patched into the ACPI (if I understand the process correctly)

You need to add this SSDT-GPRW.aml to your Clover folder in the designated position at Clover/ACPI/patched You need to add this patch to your config.plist. It goes into the DSDT patch section  
      Note: This works for me, but the patch removes the _PRW method from all devices in the DSDT. This could have side-effects. So far, I have seen none. At the moment I'm also not applying any other patch, compared with the additional edits I made to the DSDT method before.

2.2 Install kexts to system
      As mentioned in the install section, it's better to follow rehabman's instruction and install USBinjectAll.kext to /L/E:
      sudo cp -R Release/USBInjectAll.kext /Library/Extensions sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / 2.3 Enable onboard Audio
      This is where I'm not so happy currently, I'd like it to work without altering AppleHDA. But currently I find no other way.

2.3.1 Install FakePCIID & FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio
      Rehabman tells us to use a kext installer to install it to /S/L/E. Chose the RELEASE folder

2.3.2 Run CloverALC command
      Ensure your EFI partition is mounted before running this command
      Get the newest version of CloverALC command (audio_cloverALC-xxx.sh) and run it. Our Audio codec is RTL887 and I'm running with layout ID 1

2.4 Optional steps
      If you have a dGPU, now it's the time to install its drivers and adjust the config.plist for it.
      This is out of scope of this guide. Yet, my supplied config.plist is ready to be used with Nvidia Pascal cards and using the Nvidia web driver.

3. ToDo
      Move away from static DSDT patching to SSDT hotpatching --> requires my work Native NVRAM --> requires developer work Audio without AppleHDA patching --> requires developer work  
      4. Thanks to
      @MaLd0nfor helping finding the right way with the DSDT
      @RehabMan, for being a legend and helping me out patching
      @toleda, for audio patches for the 300 series
      /u/corpnewt, for his superb vanilla guide
      @wmchris for his super XPS 9550 guide and introducing me to hot-patching
      all the developers of clover and it's awesomeness

SSDT-UIAC.aml
      config.plist
      DSDT.aml
      hack2
    • By MaLd0n
      ***The topic is for Notebooks and Desktops***   First... ***Update bios to last available version!***   If you need DSDT edits for SkyLake, KabyLake or CoffeeLake... -Extract tables with F4 key in Clover boot screen! -Run it and send me files! RunMe.app   This guide is not a step by step, if you need one, see here   Look at my Clover folders and understand what we really need, this is the best way to learn     1-Installation     --Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra Check out the link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/   --Create a bootable copy of macOS HighSierra Check out the link http://diskmakerx.com/   --Install Clover in USB stick https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/   --Replace with my Clover folder  -Serie 100/200/300 CLOVER Install.zip   --Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system! 2-Post Installation     --Install Clover in HDD/SSD and replace with my folder -Serie 100/200/300 CLOVER Post Install.zip   --Reboot and activate video!   3-Video     -Nvidia WebDriver Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/ -Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-10162017/ -Cuda http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302795-cuda-90214-is-out-update-10162017/ -Check it, easy way nvidia-update.command.zip by Benjamin-Dobell   4-DSDT     --DSDT mobo GA Z270 Gaming K3 DSDT.MaLd0n Gigabyte GA Z270 Gaming K3.zip   --DSDT mobo Asus ROG STRIX Z370 F Gaming DSDT.MaLd0n Asus ROG STRIX Z370 F Gaming.zip   --DSDT mobo Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming DSDT.Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming.zip   --DSDT mobo GA Z170XP SLI DSDT.MaLd0n GA Z170XP SLI.zip   --DSDT mobo ASROCK Z170  EXTREME 7 DSDT.MaLd0n ASROCK Z170 EXTREME 7.zip   Patches -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -DMAC -SLPB -DARWIN -LPC* -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS* -BLC0 -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -USBX -PMCR -IMEI -EC -PNLF(Nvidia/AMD) -HDMI ---To avoid problems use some patches in config.plist, don't forget!--- GLAN to GIGE 474c 414e 4749 4745 GFX0 to IGPU 47465830 49475055 HDAS to HDEF 48444153 48444546 HECI to IMEI 48454349 494d4549 SAT0 to SATA 53415430 53415441 5-SSDT   Generate your SSDT for PM, use ssdtPRGen by Piker-Alpha https://github.com/Piker-Alpha ssdtPRGen.command.zip   or just use "plugin-type"=0x01 in DSDT, SSDT or Clover config.plist   for check Power, Frequency, Temperature and Utilization, use it Install Intel Power Gadget.pkg.zip   6-Brightness  
      Install .app, select the required permission and reboot. Work in F1 / F2 keys!
      NativeDisplayBrightness.app.zip

https://github.com/Bensge/NativeDisplayBrightness/releases
      *in some cases .app don't work, check patches in config.plist inside Clover folder Post Install
        -Clover   https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/   -Lan driver by Mieze     -Atheros http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/313-atherose2200ethernet/   -Intel http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/396-intelmausiethernet/   -Realtek http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/88-realtekrtl8111-binary/   -Links     -FakeSmc https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek   -Audio https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/   -USB https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads   if u like, Rate Topic     It's time to Rock -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, badruzeus and many, many, many others!   We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!   ENJOY!