This built (607) is dimosgmx's built 606 ever-so-slightly edited* by me (BugsB) for usage in High Sierra beyond 10.13.3. It thus works in 10.12 - 10.13.6 (not yet tested in Mojave because I don't have it installed). Therefore I bumped CFBundleVersion to 607 and BuildVersion to 19 to differentiate it from dimosgmx's 606/ 18 which was only compatible up to 10.13.3.
You can use it side-by-side with the default Disk Utility.
NOT WORKING (at least not in High Sierra): functions which would invoke a Finder style window, like clicks onto "New Image", "Convert", "Resize Image", "Image", "File/ New/.." etc.
In case of issues with the default (original/ stock/ vanilla) Disk Utility: run killall diskmanagementd, also supplied in this package.
If you have the SIMBL plug-in AFLOAT installed and have not included AppleScript Utility in mySIMBL's blacklist**, you MUST blacklist Disk Utility 13 (607) (see screenshot "AFLOAT users mySIMBL application blacklist")!
Virustotal result: 0 / 57
Enjoy & Greetings
* Disk Utility 13 (607).app/Contents/MacOS/loader.sh:
Added two instances of:
sudo killall diskmanagementd
** in mySIMBL: System Info/ SIMBL application blacklist (because Afloat is NOT fully compatible with Apple Scripts (parts of Disk Utility 13 (60x))
PS: let me know if it also works in Mojave. Include your EXACT version (10.14.0/ .1/ .2 /.3 BETA etc.)
There are two version of this laptop:
- 20AS = Chipset QM87, without Express Card (mine).
- 20AT = Chipset HM86, with Express Card.
I strong believe is the same thing...
01/20/2019 11:49h GMT-0
- First version.
What works and what does not
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4300M -> Work. All SpeedStep stages. - Video Card: Intel HD4600 -> Work. QE/CI and Metal. - Chipset: Intel QM87 -> Work. - Mini DisplayPort -> Work. But no audio, yet.
- VGA -> Not work. Normal.
- Audio: ALC292 -> Work.
- WiFi/Bluetooth: Intel AC 7260 -> Not work. Replaced with DW1560 (need whitelist removal).
- Ethernet: Intel I217-LM -> Work.
- Card Reader: Realtek RTS5227 -> Not work.
- Keyboard and Touchpad -> Work. - Webcam -> Work.
- Fingerprint Reader -> Not work. Normal.
- USB3.0 -> Work. - Sleep -> Work.
- Airdrop, Handoff, Instant Hotspot and Continuity -> Work after replaced wireless.
- FullHD 1920x1080 display upgrade:
Replaced with AU Optronics B140HAN01.1 30pin eDP (B140HAN01.2 and B140HAN01.3 also compatible)
Apparently same screen as Dell Latitude E6440, E7440, Lenovo Ideapad U430 and E129.
- Make DP audio work.
- Make Card Reader work.
- Upgrade CPU to i7-4712MQ (Ordered. It's on the way)
- Replace touchpad with T460 model (Ordered. It's on the way)
- Sierra Gobi5000 4G LTE modem EM7355 (Ordered. It's on the way. I hope works. )
- Upgrade to 16GB RAM
What you need to install
- Running install of macOS - One USB flash drive of 8GB or bigger - macOS Mojave install app - Clover EFI
- Clover Configurator
- Some KEXTs and SSDT patches
How create create the install flash drive
Prepare install flash drive
Format the flash drive with GUID partition mapping and name it "Install".
- Open Disk Utility. - Click in View, then "Show All Devices". - Select the destination flash drive, then Erase. - Name: Install, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Create install flash drive
Open terminal and run this command:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ .app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --nointeraction
This will take about 30 minutes.
Download the RehabMan's CloverEFI fork (used 4701) and install with this options on "Install macOS Mojave":
- Install for UEFI booting only - Install Clover in the ESP - UEFI Drivers - ApfsDriverLoader-64 - UEFI Drivers - AptioMemoryFix64
Make things works
Will be created a partition named EFI and mounted in Desktop.
- Replace the /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with mine attached below
If you have modded BIOS with Advanced Menu and enabled 128MB DRAM-prealloc use 128MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
If no, then use 32MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
- Put SSDT_L440.aml attached below in /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
Generate your Serial, MLB and SmUUID
- Open the replaced config.plist with Clover Configurator (used 220.127.116.11)
- Go to SMBIOS, click few times in "Generate New" in Serial Number and SmUUID.
Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the FakeSMC.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0915.
- Download the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from here. I used version 2018-1008.
- Download the IntelMausiEthernet.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1031.
- Download the Lilu.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.1.
- Download the AppleALC.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.4.
- Download the WhateverGreen.kext from here. I used the version 1.2.6.
- Download the AppleBacklightFixup.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1013.
- Download the USBInjectAll.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1108.
- Download the ACPIBatteryManager.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1005.
Wifi and Bluetooth (DW1560 / BCM94352Z)
Unfortunately, some notebook manufacturers are currently blocking the replacement of wireless cards. They want you to only use the models sold by them. And of course, none of them from Lenovo for this notebook model is compatible with MacOS.
If you try to start with an unauthorized wifi card for them, you will receive a screen error:
1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card.
Since this check is done directly in the BIOS, the only solution is to modify it.
But since nothing is easy in this life, there is one small big problem:
- The BIOS update procedure does not allow you to use modded files as it used to be.
- You will need to physically reach your BIOS on the motherboard and make use of a USB BIOS reader/writer.
So what you need to do:
1. Disassembly your laptop;
2. Dump your BIOS with an USB BIOS reader with SOIC8 clip (to not desolder from the motherboard);
3. Patch it (In addition to removing the whitelist, add the advanced menu);
4. Fix RSA signature;
5. Reflash BIOS;
6. Replace wireless card;
7. Remount your laptop;
Soon, I'll provide step by step in this process. Probably until end of this week.
In the meantime, if you need to, send me your dump that I do steps 3 and 4 for you.
I also add the Advanced Menu so you can increase to 128MB the DRAM-prealloc.
After replaced the wireless card. Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the AirportBrcmFixup.kext from here. I used the version 1.1.9.
- Download the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0505.
- Download the BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext from here. I used the version 1.1.2.
Now you can start the instalation without problem (I guess).
UEFI Setup Configuration and Installation
My BIOS is the latest: 1.93 (J4ET93WW)
- Shutdown and insert the flash drive. - Power on with F1 pressed to enter BIOS setup. - Change value: Config - Intel(R) AMT - Intel(R) AMT Control to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Security Chip to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Intel(R) AT Module Activation to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Computrace to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Secure Boot to DISABLED
- Change value: Startup - UEFI/Legacy Boot to BOTH, Legacy First and CSM Support = Yes
- Save & Exit Setup (F10)
- Now, hold the F12
- In the list, select your flash drive.
The installer will start.
Format destination disk
Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "Macintosh".
- Select Disk Utility in the list, then press Continue. - Click in View, then "Show All Devices". - Select the destination Disk, then Erase. - Name: HD, Format: APFS and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Close Disk Utility. Select "Install macOS", then Continue. Follow instructions in screen.
After first part install the system will reboot. Maybe you have to press F12 again and select the flash drive. The second part of the installation will begin. This will take 16 minutes.
When the second part of install finish, the system will reboot again.
After performing the user initial setup and go to the desktop, you need to install Clover on internal disk.
Open the Clover installer inside flash drive that you copied before.
Use same options above but choose the system partition this time.
Now you need to replace the config.plist inside your destination disk EFI parittion with config.plist inside flash card EFI partition.
The flash drive EFI partition is unmounted. Mount with terminal "sudo diskutil mount /dev/rdiskXs1". To know what X is, use "diskutil list", most likely is 1.
Copy all Kexts from flash drive to /Library/Extensions, with those commands in Terminal:
sudo cp -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/* /Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -i /
Restart the system.
And last but not least
I would like to thank the following community members, by making these dream possible: @crushers, @snatch, @apianti, @blackosx, @blusseau, @dmazar, @slice2009, @autumnrain, @phpdev32, @EMlyDinEsH, @RehabMan, @Scellow, @mitch_de, @Shailua, @Andy Vandijck, @maxfierke, @ArturXXX, @LexHimself, @brumas, @Shiki and all others members involved directly or indirectly.
I searched everywhere, but couldn't find tables from one or both of these two macbooks, if someone here has these models, please, could you share the acpi tables with me? I really need them.
HI, I'm trying to enable my HD530 (i7-6700k) along my GTX 970 to use QuickSync and get better render times and all the advantages of it... also I need to use airplay mirroring.
As now all is working except it, and i'd like to get it working.
My problem is that when fcpx or another app exports the IGPU usage always stays at 0%...
How can I solve this?