Jump to content
MaLd0n

[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

2,372 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello :)

 

I've just installed Mojave 10.14.2 on my build:

MSI Z77A-G43 (Ivy Bridge)
Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
Radeon R9 280X 3GB
SSD 256GB SATA3

 

Would you like to check my config?
I'm attaching the folder created with the RunMe app

 

Thank you,
Kind regards

Send me Z77A-OSX.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
18 hours ago, rocky376 said:

Hello :)

 

I've just installed Mojave 10.14.2 on my build:

MSI Z77A-G43 (Ivy Bridge)
Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
Radeon R9 280X 3GB
SSD 256GB SATA3

 

Would you like to check my config?
I'm attaching the folder created with the RunMe app

 

Thank you,
Kind regards

Send me Z77A-OSX.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

CLOVER FOLDER

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8222

7 hours ago, nemois said:

Hi MaLd0n, can you helpme with my DSDT and config... thanks!!

Send me iMac.zip

RUN UPDATED APP

RunMe.app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

 

Thank You very much :D

My computer works great now, I have only problems with sleep&wake.

PC is going to sleep normally but when waked up, there are some issues like: black screen / login screen and freeze / very, very slow performance.

 

This is not a very big thing - I can handle without sleep&wake but I would be grateful if you could take a look.

I'm attaching new files, generated after changes.

 

Kind regards :)

Send me Z77A-OSX.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 2:42 PM, rocky376 said:

 

 

Thank You very much :D

My computer works great now, I have only problems with sleep&wake.

PC is going to sleep normally but when waked up, there are some issues like: black screen / login screen and freeze / very, very slow performance.

 

This is not a very big thing - I can handle without sleep&wake but I would be grateful if you could take a look.

I'm attaching new files, generated after changes.

 

Kind regards :)

Send me Z77A-OSX.zip

i think is a gpu problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, nemois said:

This is the new one, my config its the next...

 

GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
i7 3770k

Mining RX 470 (tint Pink Screen) only 1 port DVI (with Whatevergreen only pink screen)

Send me iMac.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Thanks...
i can fix the Pink Screen with... http://www.mathewinkson.com/2013/03/force-rgb-mode-in-mac-os-x-to-fix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor
I don't have Second display by iGPU, I have only one video output in my RX470, I don't have HDMI AUDIO by RX470, I don't have QuickSync,  I think my config.cfg it's a mess, can you help me with my config.plist file?

Thanks in Advance...

config.plist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

i think is a gpu problem

Hello, I did some research and I found that R9 280X have wake issues, and I don't have iGPU in my processor  - so, everything is clear :)

Thank you very much for your support :)

 

Kind regards. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nemois said:

Thanks...
i can fix the Pink Screen with... http://www.mathewinkson.com/2013/03/force-rgb-mode-in-mac-os-x-to-fix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor
I don't have Second display by iGPU, I have only one video output in my RX470, I don't have HDMI AUDIO by RX470, I don't have QuickSync,  I think my config.cfg it's a mess, can you help me with my config.plist file?

Thanks in Advance...

config.plist

idk about hardware accel in ur hardware, never use it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mald0n,

would you help me with my DSDT and config ?

I've just updated to 10.14.2 and my USB3 ports don't work.

I have a 4790K on a Gigabyte z97x ud5h motherboard, and a sapphire pulse RX580 8GB.

Thanks a lot

magoz

Send me rickys-iMac.zip

Edited by magoz
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, magoz said:

Hi Mald0n,

would you help me with my DSDT and config ?

I've just updated to 10.14.2 and my USB3 ports don't work.

I have a 4790K on a Gigabyte z97x ud5h motherboard, and a sapphire pulse RX580 8GB.

Thanks a lot

magoz

Send me rickys-iMac.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

use my clover folder or ur usbs dont work

https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/CLOVER.SERIES.CHIPSET.zip

 

after u need a excluded unused ports

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=65287#p65287

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi MaLd0n,

 

Happy new year to you bro! Hope you are well!

 

Had a bit more progress with my Lenovo t470s - upgraded to 10.14.2 and things a lot better and smoother now.

 

May I ask you take a look at the run me files and offer any assistance (trackpad and battery specifically)

Send me Macbooks-MacBook-Pro.zip

Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan_Marshall said:

Hi MaLd0n,

 

Happy new year to you bro! Hope you are well!

 

Had a bit more progress with my Lenovo t470s - upgraded to 10.14.2 and things a lot better and smoother now.

 

May I ask you take a look at the run me files and offer any assistance (trackpad and battery specifically)

Send me Macbooks-MacBook-Pro.zip

Many thanks

DSDT.aml.zip

check if battery work

 

trackpad is just a kext, u use last voodoops2?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

check if battery work

 

trackpad is just a kext, u use last voodoops2?

 

Hi mate,

 

Big step - battery status is showing! However, showing at 0% (not charging even though plugged in).

 

Also new DSDT broke sound - no control over volume and unable to adjust.

 

Trackpad is now working in sys prefs, still a little jumpy but not as much as before however can be adjusted in sys prefs.

 

New voodoo installed and seems to be better

 

New dump files 

Send me Macbooks-MacBook-Pro.zip

Edited by Dan_Marshall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dan_Marshall said:

Hi mate,

 

Big step - battery status is showing! However, showing at 0% (not charging even though plugged in).

 

Also new DSDT broke sound - no control over volume and unable to adjust.

 

Trackpad is now working in sys prefs, still a little jumpy but not as much as before however can be adjusted in sys prefs.

 

New voodoo installed and seems to be better

 

New dump files 

Send me Macbooks-MacBook-Pro.zip

audio inject via clover

 

battery check in rehabman repo, have a good tutorial too

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @MaLd0n

Can you please take a look at my system

Thanks

Mac OS 10.12.4

Laptop Model: HP 240 G5   

CPU: Intel Core i5 6200U
          Socket 1168 BGA
Motherboard: HP 81DB
Memory: 8G DDR3
Graphic: Intel HD Graphics 520
               1366x768 Monitor
Audio & Microphone: ALC282 @ Intel Sunrise Point-LP PCH
Touchpad: HP ELAN Touchpad
Network: 802.11n Broadcom
Bluetooth: Broadcom 43142
 
 
I have tried your method of installing mojave, but when i try to install, it stops and then says panic, panic.apple.com
The first version of clover folder, its the one when i followed your guide step by step, and after flashing usb drive, it has that folder.
The second version, i also followed your guide step by step, but took some advice from another guide(https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-430-g3-skylake-mojave.256770/) from a notebook that has similiar specs to mine, but i only modified cetain kext files that in that guide told me to modify.
In both cases it goes to panic.
Please help me.

CLOVER(version1).rar

CLOVER(version2).rar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 3:25 PM, MaLd0n said:

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try this evening.

What SMBios do you suggest ? I'm currently on iMac 14,2 but macpro 5,1 seems better to other guys...

Edited by magoz
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and thanks for the work you do for the community!!  I hope you could help me here....I have to replace my z270 and i7 7700k on a working Sierra 10.12.6 system , and I was thinking on a z390 and i7 9700k.. would those work on Sierra 10.12.6? or I have to upgrade to H sierra or Mojave? my problem is the gtx 1080 , that with Sierra work perfectly.... and i haven't really understood yet it would work well on high Sierra and mojave because of the driver.... and actually if it would be possible to stay on my system 10.12.6 without much trouble after the hardware upgrade it could save me lot of stress.............  I'm a bit lost here....   could you lend me a hand??!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Redragon12 said:

Hello and thanks for the work you do for the community!!  I hope you could help me here....I have to replace my z270 and i7 7700k on a working Sierra 10.12.6 system , and I was thinking on a z390 and i7 9700k.. would those work on Sierra 10.12.6? or I have to upgrade to H sierra or Mojave? my problem is the gtx 1080 , that with Sierra work perfectly.... and i haven't really understood yet it would work well on high Sierra and mojave because of the driver.... and actually if it would be possible to stay on my system 10.12.6 without much trouble after the hardware upgrade it could save me lot of stress.............  I'm a bit lost here....   could you lend me a hand??!!

use high sierra 10.13.6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 12:38 AM, primetrack said:

Hi @MaLd0n

Can you please take a look at my system

Thanks

Mac OS 10.12.4

Laptop Model: HP 240 G5   

CPU: Intel Core i5 6200U
          Socket 1168 BGA
Motherboard: HP 81DB
Memory: 8G DDR3
Graphic: Intel HD Graphics 520
               1366x768 Monitor
Audio & Microphone: ALC282 @ Intel Sunrise Point-LP PCH
Touchpad: HP ELAN Touchpad
Network: 802.11n Broadcom
Bluetooth: Broadcom 43142
 
 
I have tried your method of installing mojave, but when i try to install, it stops and then says panic, panic.apple.com
The first version of clover folder, its the one when i followed your guide step by step, and after flashing usb drive, it has that folder.
The second version, i also followed your guide step by step, but took some advice from another guide(https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-430-g3-skylake-mojave.256770/) from a notebook that has similiar specs to mine, but i only modified cetain kext files that in that guide told me to modify.
In both cases it goes to panic.
Please help me.

CLOVER(version1).rar

CLOVER(version2).rar

Your HP Lappy is closely related to my HP EliteBook G3.. Try this clover and replace with yours..

CLOVER.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I'm trying to do fresh install of Mojave on Intel DX79SI and need help. Previous install was with Mavericks but after trying to extract DSDT while in clover boot menu I screwed it((. Now can't even boot into old build. When I'm trying to boot into Mojave external installer sometimes I get freeze Apple logo and progress bar, sometimes closed circle. I have successfully created USB drive UEFI Boot Mode with Graphics configuration for nVidia. Could you please help me figure out how can I boot into OSX installer? What boot flags should I use? Thank you in advance! Can some one help me please. Work computer with current job in 3D. Thank you in advance.

 

Intel DX79SI Logic Board
CPU Intel 3.2 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
SSD 120 GB

 

IMG_0742.JPG

Edited by ak-78
updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Maldon. A little over a year ago you helped me make a dsdt and work some bugs out of my hackintosh. (Page 28 of this thread) I'm still on the same system but i just installed an XFX RX 480 gfx card and need my dsdt edited. In the attachment are the dsdt you made a year ago, and the ssdt's I made and found for my board. Included is the new IOREG dump and my current config file. Speedstep, turbo boost, and system temps are all ok in Intel Speed Gadget. I'm still on 10.12.6, but now that I have Metal support with the RX 480 I will probably install High Sierra soon. Thanks.

for maldon.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @MaLd0n

 

Since macOS 10.13.6 and now under macOS 10.14.3, I've got a issue with my patched DSDT: Mojave restart randomly at first boot. I have to reboot several times to get a normal startup. Rebuilding don't solve the problem.

 

Could you take a look on my patched DSDT. Please.

 

Thanks

 

Sorry for my bad english

DSDT.aml.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 4:30 PM, ak-78 said:

Hello I'm trying to do fresh install of Mojave on Intel DX79SI and need help. Previous install was with Mavericks but after trying to extract DSDT while in clover boot menu I screwed it((. Now can't even boot into old build. When I'm trying to boot into Mojave external installer sometimes I get freeze Apple logo and progress bar, sometimes closed circle. I have successfully created USB drive UEFI Boot Mode with Graphics configuration for nVidia. Could you please help me figure out how can I boot into OSX installer? What boot flags should I use? Thank you in advance! Can some one help me please. Work computer with current job in 3D. Thank you in advance.

 

Intel DX79SI Logic Board
CPU Intel 3.2 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
SSD 120 GB

 

 

check

https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/CLOVER.X79.zip

 

IN SOME CASES X79 NEED A DSDT PATCH FOR INSTALL

On 1/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, mikey1953 said:

Hello Maldon. A little over a year ago you helped me make a dsdt and work some bugs out of my hackintosh. (Page 28 of this thread) I'm still on the same system but i just installed an XFX RX 480 gfx card and need my dsdt edited. In the attachment are the dsdt you made a year ago, and the ssdt's I made and found for my board. Included is the new IOREG dump and my current config file. Speedstep, turbo boost, and system temps are all ok in Intel Speed Gadget. I'm still on 10.12.6, but now that I have Metal support with the RX 480 I will probably install High Sierra soon. Thanks.

for maldon.zip

i posted in Olarila, check there

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @MaLd0n

 

Since macOS 10.13.6 and now under macOS 10.14.3, I've got a issue with my patched DSDT: Mojave restart randomly at first boot. I have to reboot several times to get a normal startup. Rebuilding don't solve the problem.

 

Could you take a look on my patched DSDT. Please.

 

Thanks

 

Sorry for my bad english

DSDT.aml.zip

post a full dump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By glasgood
      CLOVER DUAL BOOT MOJAVE & WINDOWS 10 GUIDE 
       

       
       
      INCLUDES  MBR / LEGACY BIOS  TO  GPT / EFI CONVERSION
      USING MBR2GPT TOOL
       
       
      PREREQUISITE: Two physical discs ( SSD’s or HDD’s )
       
       
       
       
       
      STEP 1 - Clover dual boot configuration 
       
      Open config.plist with Clover Configurator
       
      Boot
       Legacy = PBR Timeout = True ( will remove the Timeout countdown, from Clover boot menu)  

       
      GUI 
      Scan / Custom
       Entries = True  Tool = True  Legacy = False ( removes extra Windows 10 entries )  
      Hide Volume
      - Preboot ( macOS Preboot )
      - Recovery ( macOS Recovery )
       

       
      So at boot you will have two options: boot macOS Mojave or Windows 10 
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      ————————————————————
       
       
      STEP 2 - Using a drive without Windows 10 installed
       
      Disconnect system drive that contains your macOS Mojave install from computer ( This is so that Windows does not overwrite existing macOS Mojave boot loader )
       
      Proceed with a Windows 10 UEFI install.  
      After installation reconnect macOS Mojave Drive, the Windows installation should now be detected and usable in Clover. 
      If Windows 10 is not detected or able to boot,  then verify you installed Windows 10 as UEFI and not MBR ---->  ( Read step 2 - For a drive with Windows 10 installed )
       
       
      OR
       
       
       
      STEP 2 - Using a drive with Windows 10 already installed
       
      Verify your Windows install is  GPT / UEFI or MBR / Legacy BIOS.   
      If Windows install is GPT UEFI then Windows 10 install is ready to use at Clover boot menu, you should be able to boot into Windows directly from Clover boot screen. 
       

       
       
      But if  Windows drive is detected at Clover boot screen, but when booting Windows you get a black screen with a cursor on the top left,
      then this is most likely because Windows drive is MBR ( Legacy BIOS ).  You can easily convert MBR to GPT using  Windows MBR2GPT tool ( this saves hours work having to reinstall Windows 10 and setting up all your applications again  ) 
       
      If Windows 10 install is MBR / Legacy BIOS  then simply convert to GPT / UEFI  following instructions below ( read video summary and view video )
       
       
      ** To use Windows 10  MBR2GPT tool  you must have Windows 10 version 1703 ( creators update  ) or later and less than 3 partitions on 
      the Windows 10 drive **
       
      Video summary:
       
      Confirm Windows 10 drive is MBR Legacy BIOS ( in Windows Disk Management ) Reboot into Windows PE ( Advanced Startup ) Convert from MBR Legacy BIOS to GPT UEFI ( using commands below ) mbr2gpt /validate mbr2gpt /convert Restart Verify Windows 10 drive has changed to GPT UEFI ( in Windows Disk Management )  
       
       
       
      After conversion Windows 10 is ready to use at the Clover boot menu 
       
       
       
      STEP 3 - Stop Windows Boot manager from overriding Clover boot manager
       
      How to stop Windows boot manager from overriding your Hackintosh Clover boot manager when using dual booting between macOS and Windows
       
       
       
       
       
       
    • By MaLd0n
      ---INSTALLATION TUTORIAL---
       
      ---Original Post---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9172
       
      ---USB---
      https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/simple-skylake-usb-fix-no-kexts-required/
       
      ---CLOVER FOLDER---
       
      CLOVER.zip
       
       
      --MOBO
      GigaByte Z390 M Gaming



      --PROCESSOR
      Intel Core i9-9900K


      --COOLER
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB


      --MEMORY
      Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)


      --GPU
      Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5


       
      --SSD
      Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive


      --POWER SUPPLY
      EVGA 750 N1, 750W


      --WIRELESS
      TP-Link Archer T9E


      --BLUETOOTH
      Orico BTA-403


      --CASE
      Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition


      --DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--





























      --BruceX--
       
      --USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb


       
      -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By AppleBytes
      Hello,
      I'm working on a re-install of OSX on a dell inspiron 9400. I was finally able to get a copy of SL on it. But it still needs MUCH work, as the graphics (NVIDIA Geforce Go 7800) isn't properly recognized -- either by model, or installed VRAM.
      It has 512Mb, but only initializes 256Mb VESA.
      Anyway, as a start, I thought it best to use a valid dsdt.dsl for compilation, and start there. I've managed to remove all the warnings, and errors save 2
      OUTPUT:
      # sudo iasl -ta ./dsdt.dslll Intel ACPI Component Architecture ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20110527-64 [May 27 2011] Copyright (c) 2000 - 2011 Intel Corporation ./dsdt.dslll   3519:                                 Return (0x00) Error    4080 -           Invalid object type for reserved name ^  (found INTEGER, requires Buffer) ./dsdt.dslll   3956:                     Return (Package (0x00) {}) Remark   5072 -         Effective AML package length is zero ^ ASL Input:  ./dsdt.dslll - 4997 lines, 158533 bytes, 1633 keywords Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 577 Optimizations I'm attaching a copy of the above output, and the dsdt.dsl file in a tarball to this post in hopes someone with the required knowledge can help me fix it.
      FWIW
      SMBIOS I'm using indicates this is a MBP 3,1
      cpu: cd2 (T7400 @2.16Ghz)
      graphics: NVIDIA Geforce Go 7800 ( G70M? )
      ram: 4Gb
      dell inspiron 9400 (Laptop)
       
      Thank you for all your time, and consideration!
       
      --Chris
       
      DSDT-DSL.tar
    • By headkaze
      Framebuffer patching in Mojave
      Binary patching framebuffers using KextsToPatch in Clover is no longer a viable method in Mojave for Skylake and above. Now you need to use Lilu + WhateverGreen.
       
      Not just for Mojave
      This method of framebuffer patching is not only required for Mojave we recommend it for all previous and future releases of macOS.
       
      Coffee Lake Users
      Please note that the new WhateverGreen will not work with fake Kaby Lake platform-id's. You will need to have either macOS 10.14 Beta 4 (18A336e) or macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2112). The latter is a special build only available to MacBookPro15,1 or MacBookPro15,2 board id's. You can create a macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2112) installer by running installinstallmacos.py. (Update: vit9696 added back ability to fake Kaby Lake platform-id's)
       
      Lilu + WhateverGreen
      WhateverGreen is going to replace all the other video patching plugins for Lilu (it currently has merged WhateverGreen, IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki and CoreDisplayFixup). Others will likely follow (such as AppleALC, HibernationFixup and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup). This is aiming to be the all-in-one solution for video.
       
      Preliminary
      1. Remove:
      - FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
      - IntelGraphicsFixup
      - NvidiaGraphicsFixup
      - CoreDisplayFixup
      - Shiki
      2. Turn off all graphics injections in Clover:
      - config.plist/Graphics/Inject/ATI=NO
      - config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=NO
      - config.plist/Graphics/Inject/NVidia=NO
      - config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=
      - config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=

      3. Disable DSDT Clover fixes:
      - AddHDMI
      - FixDisplay
      - FixIntelGfx
      - AddIMEI
      4. Disable UseIntelHDMI
      5. Remove boot argument: -disablegfxfirmware
      6. Remove any IGPU and HDMI entries from:
      - config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary
      - config.plist/Devices/Properties
      - config.plist/Devices/AddProperties
      7. Remove any IGPU and HDMI related SSDT and DSDT from:
      - CLOVER/ACPI/patched
      8. Renaming GFX0 -> IGPU
      - WhateverGreen will do this automatically (see caveat below)
      - Be aware that WhateverGreen does not rename all instances of GFX0 -> IGPU but should be okay in most cases
      - You may need to include Clover GFX0 -> IGPU rename for other kexts or ACPI patching that require it
       
      Compile Lilu + WhateverGreen
      Download WhateverGreen. Make sure you place the debug version of Lilu into the root of WhateverGreen before you compile. Install Lilu and WhateverGreen kext's into the usual place. Compile WhateverGreen as debug if you want to view debug output.
       
      Having trouble compiling?
      If you're having trouble compiling you can download the official release binaries or download my (unsupported) build_lilu.sh shell script and run it in a folder to download and build Lilu + WhateverGreen using Xcode automatically. I recommend you try the debug versions first (place them into Clover's EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder).
       
      Get the device path of your IGPU:
      Download and use the gfxutil tool like so:
      $ ./gfxutil -f IGPU DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) ig-platform-id
      For the AAPL,ig-platform-id (AAPL,snb-platform-id for Sandy Bridge) entry Clover requires this value to be in Data format so you need to reverse the bytes. So if you want your platform-id to be 0x3EA50009 first reverse the bytes (0900A53E) then use Xcode's plist editor to add the values to Clover's config.plist.

       
      What ig-platform-id should I use for my system?
      You should choose one that is the closest match to your system. I recommend you do some research on this before choosing one. See post #2 for available options. More info can be found here.
       
      You can determine the generation of your CPU by the first digit after the hyphen.
      Examples:
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2760QM (Gen 2)
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5257U CPU @ 2.70GHz (Gen 5)
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) m3-6Y30 (Gen 6)
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8350U (Gen 8)
       
      Spoofing Intel CPU Gen
      If you need to spoof a different Intel CPU generation you can use the lilucpu=N boot flag. The N refers to the following Intel generations:
      4    SandyBridge 5    IvyBridge 6    Haswell 7    Broadwell 8    Skylake 9    KabyLake 10   CoffeeLake To spoof a CPU you will need to set a valid device-id in your GPU entry in Devices/Properties for the appropriate Intel generation.
       
      Eg. Spoofing Skylake (lilucpu=8 boot flag with device-id=0x16190000), Kaby Lake (lilucpu=9 boot flag with device-id=0x12590000).
       
      Here are some recommended frames:
       
      Gen 2: Sandy Bridge (Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
      - Support started with OS X 10.7.x and ended with macOS 10.13.6
      - Metal support is not available
      - device-id: 0x0102 0x0106 0x010A 0x0112 0x0116 0x0122 0x0126
      - AAPL,snb-platform-id (desktop): 0x00030010 (default)
      - AAPL,snb-platform-id (laptop): 0x00010000 (default)
       
      Gen 3: Ivy Bridge (Intel HD Graphics 2500/4000)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
      - Support started with OS X 10.8.x
      - device-id: 0x0152 0x0156 0x0162 0x0166
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x0166000A (default), 0x01620005
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x01660003 (default), 0x01660009, 0x01660004
       
      Gen 4: Haswell (Intel HD Graphics 4200-5200)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext
      - Support started with OS X 10.9.x
      - device-id: 0x0D26 0x0A26 0x0A2E 0x0D22 0x0412
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x0D220003 (default)
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x0A160000 (default), 0x0A260005 (recommended)
       
      Gen 5: Broadwell (Intel HD Graphics 5300-6300)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
      - Support started with OS X 10.10.2
      - device-id: 0x0BD1 0x0BD2 0x0BD3 0x1606 0x160E 0x1616 0x161E 0x1626 0x1622 0x1612 0x162B
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x16220007 (default)
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x16260006 (default)
       
      Gen 6: Skylake (Intel HD Graphics 510-580)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
      - Support started with OS X 10.11.4
      - device-id: 0x1916 0x191E 0x1926 0x1927 0x1912 0x1932 0x1902 0x1917 0x193B 0x191B
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x19120000 (default)
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x19160000 (default)
       
      Gen 7: Kaby Lake (Intel HD Graphics 610-650)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
      - Support started with macOS 10.12.6
      - device-id: 0x5912 0x5916 0x591B 0x591C 0x591E 0x5926 0x5927 0x5923 0x87C0
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x59160000 (default)
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x591B0000 (default)
       
      Gen 8: Coffee Lake (Intel UHD Graphics 630)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
      - Support started with macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) / 10.14 beta 4 (18A336e)
      - device-id: 0x3E9B 0x3EA5 0x3EA6 0x3E92 0x3E91 0x3E98
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x3EA50000 (default), 0x3E9B0007 (recommended)
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x3EA50009 (default)
       
      Framebuffer Patching
      WhateverGreen does most of the work automatically for you and in most cases you do not need any extra Framebuffer Patching. At the minimum though you should choose an ig-platform-id suitable for your system and place it in config.plist/Devices/Properties like this:

      Here are some reasons why you might need extra Framebuffer Patching:
      - Setting DVMT for those who can't set it above 32 MB in BIOS (framebuffer-stolenmem / framebuffer-fbmem)
      - Setting higher VRAM for 4K users who experience graphical glitches (framebuffer-unifiedmem)
      - Disabling eGPU (disable-external-gpu)
      - Enable pixel clock patch for 4K support (enable-hdmi20)
      - Disabling connectors to enable sleep (framebuffer-pipecount / framebuffer-portcount / framebuffer-conX-type=-1)
      - Removing CNConnectorAlwaysConnected flag for eDP laptop screens on < 10.13.6 (framebuffer-con0-flags=0x00000090)
      - Changing connector types to match your systems ports (framebuffer-conX-type)
       
      Framebuffer Patching Types
      We have three different types of patches:
       
      1. Arbitrary (Recommended)
      framebuffer-patch-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-framebufferid (optional; defaults to current platform-id) (all below are optional) framebuffer-mobile framebuffer-pipecount framebuffer-portcount framebuffer-memorycount framebuffer-stolenmem framebuffer-fbmem framebuffer-unifiedmem framebuffer-cursormem (Haswell only) framebuffer-camellia framebuffer-flags framebuffer-conX-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-conX-index framebuffer-conX-busid framebuffer-conX-pipe framebuffer-conX-type framebuffer-conX-flags 2. All Data
      framebuffer-conX-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-conX-alldata 3. Find / Replace
      framebuffer-patchX-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-patchX-framebufferid (optional; defaults to current platform-id) framebuffer-patchX-find framebuffer-patchX-replace framebuffer-patchX-count (optional; defaults to 1) You should place your patches in config.plist/Devices/Properties in Clover config.plist.
       
      Here are some example patches:
      - 32MB BIOS, 19MB stolen (framebuffer) 9MB fbmem (cursor) 2048MB unifiedmem (vram)

       
      - Pipe / Port Count 3 to 2
      - Connector 1 DP to HDMI
      - Connector 2 Disable

       
      Here is an example of the All Data method:

       
      Here is an example of the Find / Replace method:

       
      Framebuffer Dumps
      There are two ways to dump your framebuffer data (both require WhateverGreen + Lilu debug versions):
       
      1. Using -igfxdump boot flag to dump IGPU framebuffer kext to /AppleIntelFramebuffer_X_Y (root of your boot drive)
       
      There are several ways of reading this dump:
      - Using 010 Editor along with the IntelFramebuffer.bt template
      - Using Hackintool File->Open menu
       
      2. Using -igfxfbdump boot flag to dump native and patched framebuffer table to ioreg at IOService:/IOResources/WhateverGreen
       
      There are several ways of reading this dump:
      - Using dump_platformlist.sh shell script
      - Using Hackintool File->Import->IOReg Dump menu
       
      3. Using Hackintool Framebuffer->macOS 10.14 menu
       
      Debug Output
      To get debug output from Lilu use the -liludbgall liludump=60 boot flags. You will need to compile Lilu and WhateverGreen as debug for both of these flags to work. Log files should be located at /var/log/Lilu_*.
       
      To view debug paste the following into Terminal (weglog.txt will output to your home directory):
      log show --predicate 'process == "kernel" AND (eventMessage CONTAINS "WhateverGreen" OR eventMessage CONTAINS "Lilu")' --style syslog --source --last boot >weglog.txt Getting Help

      To help the users of this forum diagnose issues with your configuration please generate a Lilu debug log and then run gen_debug.sh to generate a folder of debug files you can attach to a forum post requesting help.

      Credits
      - vit9696 and lvs1974 for WhateverGreen (Full Credits) and Lilu (Full Credits)
      - Andrey1970 for his guide on applelife.ru
      - RehabMan for all data patching method, ioreg framebuffer dump and other contributions
       


×