Jump to content
MaLd0n

[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

2,024 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

run in terminal and paste result here


log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

 

2018-03-23 19:19:39.352033+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-03-23 19:29:19.621043+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:29:19.621044+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:29:30.879832+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-03-23 19:45:50.732434+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-03-23 19:52:41.750877+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:52:41.750878+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:52:52.924029+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-03-23 19:57:01.263496+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:57:01.263497+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:57:12.274629+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)

Here it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
4 minutes ago, edenpulse said:

2018-03-23 19:19:39.352033+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-03-23 19:29:19.621043+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:29:19.621044+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:29:30.879832+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-03-23 19:45:50.732434+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-03-23 19:52:41.750877+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:52:41.750878+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:52:52.924029+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-03-23 19:57:01.263496+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:57:01.263497+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-23 19:57:12.274629+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)

Here it is.

 have a water cooler with usb cable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, edenpulse said:

Nope. 

But I have a fan controller which uses internal usb2 motherboard header. 

 

take a test without it and use last dsdt, wake with power button

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi @MaLd0n

Thanks so much for all your great work on this thread.

I am trying to install 10.13.3 on my second system, an Asus PBH77-M with i5-3550 (Ivy Bridge) and 16GB RAM.  I have latest BIOS installed (1306 from 2014).  I do not have a GPU added, I am using integrated GPU only.  No PCIe cards installed.

When booting into "Install macOS High Sierra" on a USB stick with Clover 4411 EFI installed and your CLOVER Install.zip added, I get about 75% through Apple Logo progress bar, then the screen goes black, monitor loses signal, and nothing further happens.  I am booting without any DSDT or SSDT.  I have tried using your config.plist exactly as you gave it, and I also tried adding an SMBIOS to it (iMac 14,2).

In BIOS I have SecureBoot = "Other OS" and CSM = Auto.  I have also tried various manual settings for CSM.  I have tried with USB3 both enabled and disabled in BIOS. No BIOS setting I have tried can get me into the installer.   (The Clover USB stick is in a USB2 port on boot.)

If I boot with a basic config.plist (SMBIOS set, not much else) and only FakeSMC kext, I can get through the progress bar and 10.13.3 installer will launch .  But then it cannot see my SSD on internal SATA.

Attached is a ZIP of my ACPI/origin folder created with F4.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

EDIT: Spoiler below contains a photo of last part of verbose logs before the screen goes off.  Let me know if more/earlier logs are needed.

Spoiler

iaDkvJu.png

 

EDIT2: Here's a YouTube video showing the full boot process with verbose logs.  (Set quality to 1080p else text is unreadable!)

TheBloke-ACPI-PBH77M.zip

Edited by TheBloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 6:45 AM, MaLd0n said:

 

codec is alc 1150?

u dont need kexthelper, just put kext in clover/kexts/other, reboot

 

Tried, but still doesn't work

I have H97Plus MoBo, so ALC892 I believe it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

take a test without it and use last dsdt, wake with power button

Yup that works.

The "Commander Pro" prevents sleep. Is there a way to do something about it?

Capture d’écran 2018-03-24 à 15.30.42.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheBloke said:

Hi @MaLd0n

Thanks so much for all your great work on this thread.

I am trying to install 10.13.3 on my second system, an Asus PBH77-M with i5-3550 (Ivy Bridge) and 16GB RAM.  I have latest BIOS installed (1306 from 2014).  I do not have a GPU added, I am using integrated GPU only.  No PCIe cards installed.

When booting into "Install macOS High Sierra" on a USB stick with Clover 4411 EFI installed and your CLOVER Install.zip added, I get about 75% through Apple Logo progress bar, then the screen goes black, monitor loses signal, and nothing further happens.  I am booting without any DSDT or SSDT.  I have tried using your config.plist exactly as you gave it, and I also tried adding an SMBIOS to it (iMac 14,2).

In BIOS I have SecureBoot = "Other OS" and CSM = Auto.  I have also tried various manual settings for CSM.  I have tried with USB3 both enabled and disabled in BIOS. No BIOS setting I have tried can get me into the installer.   (The Clover USB stick is in a USB2 port on boot.)

If I boot with a basic config.plist (SMBIOS set, not much else) and only FakeSMC kext, I can get through the progress bar and 10.13.3 installer will launch .  But then it cannot see my SSD on internal SATA.

Attached is a ZIP of my ACPI/origin folder created with F4.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

EDIT: Spoiler below contains a photo of last part of verbose logs before the screen goes off.  Let me know if more/earlier logs are needed.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

EDIT2: Here's a YouTube video showing the full boot process with verbose logs.  (Set quality to 1080p else text is unreadable!)

TheBloke-ACPI-PBH77M.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

put one DGPU, bro, IntelHD 2500 i think loose support in HS ;)

2 hours ago, jucca said:

Tried, but still doesn't work

I have H97Plus MoBo, so ALC892 I believe it is

u need edit codec commander for ur codec

1 hour ago, edenpulse said:

Yup that works.

The "Commander Pro" prevents sleep. Is there a way to do something about it?

Capture d’écran 2018-03-24 à 15.30.42.png

check ioreg and edit UsbInjectAll, i think if u change to 255 work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

put one DGPU, bro, IntelHD 2500 i think loose support in HS ;)

u need edit codec commander for ur codec

Thanks a lot, I will try the DSDT now!

Re Intel: oh OK, I didn't know that.   I have an old NVidia 610 or a newer NVidia 760 I could add.

Thanks a lot man, will those things now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

check ioreg and edit UsbInjectAll, i think if u change to 255 work

Hmmmm whut?
How can I do that? Could you guide me? Or provide me some link that explains that... 

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok, I made something that is working ! @MaLd0n
Tell me if it's ok. (seems like it by my testing)

- Opened IOreg, searched for USB port attached to my commander. (HS14)
- Opened UsbInjectAll.kext > Info.plist 
- Searched for HS14 and changed the "3" value to "255". 

Sleep seems to work now.
Isn't there an more elegant solution to this? I feel like changing kext values is kind of {censored} no?

Edited by edenpulse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, edenpulse said:

Ok, I made something that is working ! @MaLd0n
Tell me if it's ok. (seems like it by my testing)

- Opened IOreg, searched for USB port attached to my commander. (HS14)
- Opened UsbInjectAll.kext > Info.plist 
- Searched for HS14 and changed the "3" value to "255". 

Sleep seems to work now.
Isn't there an more elegant solution to this? I feel like changing kext values is kind of {censored} no?

this kext is for it, for edit for a good usb solution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

put one DGPU, bro, IntelHD 2500 i think loose support in HS ;)

OK some updates..

  • The boot fail was fixed by NVidia 610 GPU.  So yes 2500 no longer works.  Thanks!
  • However the installer still cannot see my SSD on my internal SATA (tested both 3G and 6G ports).  Clover can see the drive, but the installer and Disk Utility cannot.
  • So instead I installed a PCIe SATA3 card, a Syba SI-PEX40064 which uses a Marvell chip.  The installer can see this and install to it.
    • The installation to SSD on PCIe SATA card seemed to go OK.
    • But it then hangs on first boot, at about 70% through the progress bar. 
    • The Apple Logo disappears, then I get a mouse pointer on black screen, and a "progress circle" appears, but it then stops.
    • Verbose logs show the following apfs logs repeating over and over every 30 seconds or so:
      • apfs: disk1s1: device is not readable
      • apfs_vfsop_unmount: 1487: unmounting devvp <ptr>
      • apfs: total mem allocated: 37473387 (36mb);
      • apfs_vfsop_unmount:1732: all done. going home. (numMountedAPFS Volumes 2)
      • handle_encryption_rolling:4092: er: request granted[8]
    • But I don't know if these messages are the actual problem - it seems to happen very late in the boot process for a disk-unreadable type error? 
    • So I am wondering if it is some other problem I can't see, maybe graphics again, given I get a mouse pointer? It is this point when normally desktop appears.
  • This is what I see on screen (in non-verbose boot) at the point it freeezes: photo.

I don't know if this problem is caused by being on the PCIe Syba card.  I believe this Syba card should work in general.  In fact I don't know if it is really a disk error at all, given it only happens at the point I get a mouse pointer. 

But a definite problem is that the SSD is not detected on my internal SATA ports.  So maybe I should try to solve that first?

Thanks again.

 

 

Edited by TheBloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheBloke said:

OK some updates..

  • The boot fail was fixed by NVidia 610 GPU.  So yes 2500 no longer works.  Thanks!
  • However the installer still cannot see my SSD on my internal SATA (tested both 3G and 6G ports).  Clover can see the drive, but the installer and Disk Utility cannot.
  • So instead I installed a PCIe SATA3 card, a Syba SI-PEX40064 which uses a Marvell chip.  The installer can see this and install to it.
    • The installation to SSD on PCIe SATA card seemed to go OK.
    • But it then hangs on first boot, at about 70% through the progress bar. 
    • The Apple Logo disappears, then I get a mouse pointer on black screen, and a "progress circle" appears, but it then stops.
    • Verbose logs show the following apfs logs repeating over and over every 30 seconds or so:
      • apfs: disk1s1: device is not readable
      • apfs_vfsop_unmount: 1487: unmounting devvp <ptr>
      • apfs: total mem allocated: 37473387 (36mb);
      • apfs_vfsop_unmount:1732: all done. going home. (numMountedAPFS Volumes 2)
      • handle_encryption_rolling:4092: er: request granted[8]
    • But I don't know if these messages are the actual problem - it seems to happen very late in the boot process for a disk-unreadable type error? 
    • So I am wondering if it is some other problem I can't see, maybe graphics again, given I get a mouse pointer? It is this point when normally desktop appears.
  • This is what I see on screen (in non-verbose boot) at the point it freeezes: photo.

I don't know if this problem is caused by being on the PCIe Syba card.  I believe this Syba card should work in general.  In fact I don't know if it is really a disk error at all, given it only happens at the point I get a mouse pointer. 

But a definite problem is that the SSD is not detected on my internal SATA ports.  So maybe I should try to solve that first?

Thanks again.

 

 

bro, 610 dont work in hs too xD

3 hours ago, Balamut said:

Check config.plist if need more patches for ur processor

CLOVER.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

bro, 610 dont work in hs too xD

D'oh!  OK thanks.  I also have a 760 but the PSU in this desktop does not have PCI-E power connectors.  So I need to buy some molex->PCIe 6 & 8-pin adapters before I can use that GPU (or put in different PSU).  So I will need to wait a couple of days before I can try boot again.

Any thoughts on why SSD is not detected on the internal SATA?  It is not big issue because Syba PCIe SATA card does work, but it would be nice not to need to use it.

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TheBloke said:

D'oh!  OK thanks.  I also have a 760 but the PSU in this desktop does not have PCI-E power connectors.  So I need to buy some molex->PCIe 6 & 8-pin adapters before I can use that GPU (or put in different PSU).  So I will need to wait a couple of days before I can try boot again.

Any thoughts on why SSD is not detected on the internal SATA?  It is not big issue because Syba PCIe SATA card does work, but it would be nice not to need to use it.

Thanks again.

try put bios in default and check if solve, is a strange problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MaLd0n said:

try put bios in default and check if solve, is a strange problem

Already did that and no luck.  Also tried various different CSM options. 

OK don't worry, I will do more tests once I can boot OK with working graphics.   Worst case I will just use Syba card.   Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dandinggeL said:

Nope  , still be unfluent,  

the problem is about clover or power management, no solution here ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

the problem is about clover or power management, no solution here ;)

uh, right, I will try another ways , , , thanks for  replies:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By MaLd0n
      Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset! https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&amp;t=6771     First... If you need DSDT edits for SkyLake, KabyLake or CoffeeLake... -Post your full Clover folder with original tables in Origin folder(Extract with F4 in Clover boot screen) -Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222606 -Run it, post files generated in your desktop http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222609  Installation   --Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra Check out the link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/   --Create a bootable copy of macOS HighSierra Check out the link http://diskmakerx.com/   --Install Clover in USB stick https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/   --Replace with my Clover folder  CLOVER.zip   --Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system!   Post Installation   --Install Clover in HDD/SSD and replace with my folder CLOVER.zip   --Reboot and activate video!   -Nvidia WebDriver Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/ -Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-10162017/ -Cuda http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302795-cuda-90214-is-out-update-10162017/   --DSDT My DSDT with Skylake patches DSDT.MaLd0n GA H110M-S2.zip Patches -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -DMAC -SLPB -DARWIN -LPC -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -USBX -PMCR -EC -PNLF -HDMI --FakeSMC https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek --Audio https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC --USB https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads --LAN http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/   -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!   We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!   ENJOY!  
×