Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I had Mojave 10.14.2 over HP ProBook 450 G4 and most probably all functions are working except an issue that when I connecting the device to HDMI it reboots. although the EFI is fully patched [ DSDT & SSDT] and the behavior of sleep\wakeup please find all the attached problem files.
Please help - cannot install mojave on the gb z370n wifi, 8700, 2x samsung 970 nvme, rx570
Downloaded latest clover and kexts and installation hangs at the beginning.
Got some errors at boot (during clover boot, before menu appears) then boot "Mojave install" and then it stuck. Please help. Tried to turn off all fixes, tried old apfs.efi instead of apfsdriverloader - all with no success. Maybe it's a known issue and I'm just doing something completely wrong?
Work in progress
This is mini guide and config files for installing Mojave on a Dell XPS 13 9370.
I took inspiration from sensibleJoe at on reddit
My laptop's specs
i7-8550U Intel HD 620 Graphics UHD Display 256GB Samsung NVMe SSD PM961 Killer 1435 Wifi
Here is what works
Intel HD Graphics Sleep (I think it does) Sound & Mic USB Wifi (Internal Killer Wifi will not work) Bluetooth Power Management Battery Management Screen Brightness Control
What does not work
Internal Wifi Camera SD Card reader
I followed the vanilla guide here to create the Mac OS Mojave install USB. I used Mac OS 10.14.3.
Here are some rough steps
1. Create the USB installer for Mojave. You can use apple's own instructions
2. Once the installer USB creation is complete, Install the latest version of clover to the USB disk with the following options
Install Clover for UEFI booting only
Install Clover to the ESP
Leave everything else as default (minimal install without a bunch of drivers)
3. Then mount the EFI folder on the USB drive and replace the files in the config folder with the ones from the attached zip file over writing the files already there. This config is specifically for Dell XPS 13 9370.
4. Go into the UEFI/BIOS on the laptop, Make sure your SATA mode is set to AHCI (And not Raid). Save and Exit
5. Boot with the USB disk and install Mojave
6. After the install is complete, Use the USB to boot again but this time boot into the newly installed Mojave partition.
7. Install Clover on to the SSD with the same options as before.
8. Then copy the config files to the EFI folder on the SSD overwriting the config folder there.
9. Acquire the backlight AppleBacklightFixup.kext from here and install to /Library/Extensions (Thanks to Rehabman for the kext)
EDIT: V4 fixes many things, like powermanagement, backlight control etc. you also need to install AppleBacklightFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions
Budget Workstation MacOS 10.14.1 build: z370 AORUS Gaming 5 - i5-8600K - RX 580 - UHD 630
flawless iGPU/dGPU integration, fast FCPX editing/rendering, great overall performance for ~$1200 / ~£1000
Update: updated WhateverGreen and Lilu, then updated OS to 10.14.3 and everything is fine! Even iMessage, which previously I hadn't been able to make work, is now working - possibly the update flushed the NVRAM?
I'm gonna come straight out and admit it - I used newb tools which are considered taboo on InsanelyMac, and so this isn't so much an installation guide as it is a green flag to anyone considering the same hardware. My first and previous Hackintosh project was just over ten years ago and this site was massively helpful, so this is my (very small) way of giving back.
CPU: Intel i5-8600K 3.6GHz hexacore (contains UHD 630 iGPU)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim (no paste needed, and fan facing front)
Mobo: GIGABYTE z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (WIFI)
RAM: 1x 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX C16 2666MHz (in first slot)
GFX Card: Sapphire RX 580 NITRO+ SE
SATA: used ports 0, 1, 3, 5 (HDD problems when connected to port 4)
DVD Drive: generic
PSU: EVGA 500W Semi Modular (but you should get 650W!)
Case: CoolerMaster CM590 III
Fans: 2x stock case fans (one sucky on front, one blowy on back), 3x be quiet! BL046 120mm fans (two blowy on top, one sucky on front). Airflow near-perfectly balanced.
With the Clover configuration, you want to pay close attention to all things relating to graphics. There are some specific settings for ACPI, Boot, Devices and Graphics which should be copied exactly in order to get the iGPU and dGPU to work in perfect harmony. For instance, make sure you use ig-platform-id 59120003 rather than 59120000 if you want FCPX to be usable. With the right settings, FCPX will not only run, but run flawlessly.
I was not able to figure out how to make NVRAM/PRAM behave itself, and I got errors when I tried to issue relevant commands. As a result, I could not at first get iMessage to work properly. It worked once on my first installation attempt but not from subsequent attempts. This Clover configuration therefore has no consideration whatsoever toward iMessage reliability - however, iMessage ended up working somehow, anyway - I noticed it after I'd updated to 10.14.3 but this may just have been coincidence.
Onboard WiFi does not work. There is no driver for it. I'm using wired ethernet to a bridge router as it was cheaper than getting a compatible PCI card.
Audio is working well after I installed the z370 audio patch, then the ALC1220 codecs, then AppleALC.
With kexts for generic 3rd party SATA and generic 3rd party eSATA, my HDDs and DVD drive work perfectly well.
Sleep/Wake functions run perfectly. iCloud functions run perfectly. Shutdown leaves the mobo LEDs on, annoyingly.
My USB 3 ports seem to suffer from low power output, and I don't know why.
Overall, this system appears to run about as well under MacOS 10.14 Mojave as it does under Windows 7. I would solidly recommend this build to anyone looking to build a computer for workstation purposes, on a budget.
After a long run, I successfully upgraded High Sierra to mojave 10.14 on an intel 5 series chipset MotherBoard.
GPU1: Saphire AMD RX 460
GPU2: Nvidia 8400GS
Storage: 500 GB HDD WD Green.
1) macOS pre mojave.
2) macOS mojave installer from Apple store.
3) Empty partition or USB to upgrade from.
4) Un-mout all unused dmgs.
5) GPT/GUID HDD.
1) Prepare an empty partition or USB with at least 6 GB.
2) Format the partition or USB with GUID partition table and HFS+ partition with a name BootablePartition.
3) Go to /Application/Install macOS Mojave.app.
4) Show Package Contents.
5) Go to Contents/SharedSupport you will find BaseSystem.dmg.
6) Double click on BaseSystem.dmg to mount.
7) From Disk Utilty click on your partition or the USB that you prepared from number (2).
8) Click on restore, and chose OS X Base System (BaseSystem.dmg image), then restore it to that partition or USB.
9) After restoring rename the partition back to BootablePartition.
9) Run this command:
rm -rfv /Volumes/BootablePartition/System/Installation/Packages 10) Create a new folder instead of the broken link and name it Packages, run this command:
mkdir -v /Volumes/BootablePartition/System/Installation/Packages 11) Go back to /Application/Install macOS Mojave.app and repeat number 2.
12) Go to Contents/SharedSupport you will find InstallESD.dmg.
13) Mount InstallESD.dmg.
14) Run this command:
cp -v /Volumes/InstallESD/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg /Volumes/BootablePartition/System/Installation/Packages/ 15) Download the latest clover from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
16) Install clover on your USB BootablePartition or in a different USB to boot from it. delete all your CLOVER/kext/10.xx and keep others, make sure you don't have any extra kext rather than FakeSMC.kext in the other folder.
in my case I used FakeSMC.kext and my lan kext RealtekRTL8111.kext.
17) known Problems in my build:
If I updated directly from the apple store the installer in clover will boot with a cross circle sign.
The FIX is to add this to Clover KextToPatch Thanks to @sunKi http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/327488-macos-high-sierra-final-release-is-out-17a365/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2505086 this fix is still working for me in mojave.
<key>KextsToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>fix IO error ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> RYX2D5XCiciD4P5mhcl4D4TSdQs= </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> iciD4P5mhckPmMFBCMyQkJCQdQs= </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>fix hotplug ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> icglQGACAD1AIAAAdQyB4b9///+Ji1EBAAA= </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> kJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJA= </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>External icons patch</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> RXh0ZXJuYWw= </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> SW50ZXJuYWw= </data> </dict> </array> 18) make sure you have apfs.efi copy it from /Volumes/BootablePartition/usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi to your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/ and EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
19) SMBIOS mac model that I use is iMac13,2.
20) Go to /Application/Install macOS Mojave.app click on it and chose to install to your macOS Mojave partition.
22) From clover chose BootablePartion.
23) If everything is okie BootablePartition will boot to install macOS mojave, wait wait wait till it finish it might take to 1 hour just wait it will reach the auto reboot soon .
24) Boot to your old macOS Hight Sierra that will be your mojave partition now and enjoy.
a) Download Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext or build them from source (which I did).
b) place them in your /EFI/CLOVER/kext/others/
c) add your audio layout in clover/Devices dict options in my case it's ALC888B which has the layout of 1:
<key>Audio</key> <dict> <key>Inject</key> <string>1</string> </dict> d) I had to add beta args to clover/Boot dict, argument (-lilubeta -alcbeta):
<key>Arguments</key> <string>-lilubeta -alcbeta</string> 2) Add number 14 KextsToPath array to your clover as well.
Anything else is working for me I didn't need any extra clover kext so far, I tried whatevergreen.kext to fire up my rx 460 without the helper card but no success, So I am just sticking with booting from Nvidia as a first GPU from my motherboard configuration then swap the cables after choosing my macOS partion from clover.
After upgrading my HFS+ High Sierra partition converted to APFS, no know problem so far.
Happy build and more info about the partitioning method with a more detailed instructions in this post that I used to update my Sierra to High Sierra
Special thanks to crazybirdy, sunKi and all of you out there that make this happens.