• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By glasgood
      CLOVER DUAL BOOT MOJAVE & WINDOWS 10 GUIDE 

INCLUDES  MBR / LEGACY BIOS  TO  GPT / EFI CONVERSION
      USING MBR2GPT TOOL

PREREQUISITE: Two physical discs ( SSD’s or HDD’s )

STEP 1 - Clover dual boot configuration 

Open config.plist with Clover Configurator

Boot
       Legacy = PBR Timeout = True ( will remove the Timeout countdown, from Clover boot menu)  

GUI 
      Scan / Custom
       Entries = True  Tool = True  Legacy = False ( removes extra Windows 10 entries )  
      Hide Volume
      - Preboot ( macOS Preboot )
      - Recovery ( macOS Recovery )

So at boot you will have two options: boot macOS Mojave or Windows 10 

————————————————————

STEP 2 - Using a drive without Windows 10 installed

Disconnect system drive that contains your macOS Mojave install from computer ( This is so that Windows does not overwrite existing macOS Mojave boot loader )

Proceed with a Windows 10 UEFI install.  
      After installation reconnect macOS Mojave Drive, the Windows installation should now be detected and usable in Clover. 
      If Windows 10 is not detected or able to boot,  then verify you installed Windows 10 as UEFI and not MBR ---->  ( Read step 2 - For a drive with Windows 10 installed )

OR

STEP 2 - Using a drive with Windows 10 already installed

Verify your Windows install is  GPT / UEFI or MBR / Legacy BIOS.   
      If Windows install is GPT UEFI then Windows 10 install is ready to use at Clover boot menu, you should be able to boot into Windows directly from Clover boot screen. 

But if  Windows drive is detected at Clover boot screen, but when booting Windows you get a black screen with a cursor on the top left,
      then this is most likely because Windows drive is MBR ( Legacy BIOS ).  You can easily convert MBR to GPT using  Windows MBR2GPT tool ( this saves hours work having to reinstall Windows 10 and setting up all your applications again  ) 

If Windows 10 install is MBR / Legacy BIOS  then simply convert to GPT / UEFI  following instructions below ( read video summary and view video )

** To use Windows 10  MBR2GPT tool  you must have Windows 10 version 1703 ( creators update  ) or later and less than 3 partitions on 
      the Windows 10 drive **

Video summary:

Confirm Windows 10 drive is MBR Legacy BIOS ( in Windows Disk Management ) Reboot into Windows PE ( Advanced Startup ) Convert from MBR Legacy BIOS to GPT UEFI ( using commands below ) mbr2gpt /validate mbr2gpt /convert Restart Verify Windows 10 drive has changed to GPT UEFI ( in Windows Disk Management )  

After conversion Windows 10 is ready to use at the Clover boot menu 

• By SepehrM
      I'm trying to install High Sierra 10.13.3 on an ASUS N552VW laptop, and I get stuck after this message:
      "could not recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts, terminating" 
      And some other warnings afterwards.
      Specs:
      CPU: Intel Skylake 6700HQ 2.6GHz
      RAM: 16GB DDR4
      2TB HDD + 128GB SSD
      GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 + Nvidia GTX960m
      I'm installing using a 16GB USB3 flash drive on one of HDD volumes (UEFI Mode)

I uploaded the verbose log and clover config.plist
      config-new.plist

• By gk12345
      hello to everyone, i managed to install mojave on my asus ux303ub with i5 cpu and now sleep does not work when i press sleep display turns black and pc stays on and then i have to force shut down by holding power button in order to restart pc ,by the way i used the clover folder from a guide on the internet, any help would be appreciated, thanks
    • By mikmavros
      Thanks for accepting
      I recently installed Sierra  and I encounter the following problem ... When I restart or I start up my machine return to BIOS. If anyone knows and can any help be valuable Thank you very much. (When I boot from a Capitan disk in the same machine all  is running well.) Both discs with Clover in Legacy mode.
      gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3 F8
      I7 2600K
      GT 620 ( την βλέπει κανονικά χωρίς Web drivers)
      16 GB ddr3 1600 

• By DiddyKong
      Fully optimizing DSDT & SSDT for OS X Sierra POST INSTALL on a Dell345MT with a i7 - 920(first gen) 

I have scoured the web, went to insanelymac chat on discord, no one replies to me but will reply to others, idk if my question is too advanced or too easy. 

I know how this forum feels about 3rd party software, but that was just a crutch, I'm 100% vanilla now which is why I'm now posting for help because I eliminated the possibility having to do with 3rd party. Anyways, with that said I just have a couple things I want to be sure of.

I used a n---bistro to get a App Store copy of Sierra, as I didn't know there were other ways of getting it now from a windows10 machine. anyways, I was able to build a vanilla usb. I couldn't figure the EFI out on my vanilla Sierra-usb, but the EFI on the usb-ni---bistro I had would boot my pre-install and post-install. so I was able to install Sierra. After a few days of figuring out how to remake a EFI and config, I broke my EFI.

So back to my windows10 SSD and I found BootDiskUtility, and that made a EFI usb with the newest version of clover(r4895). So then swapped SSDs back to my OS X, plugged in the BDU-usb, after trial and error I got back into my Sierra. Now with the newest version of clover and no traces of ni---bistro anymore. Then copied the BDU-usb to my SSD EFI and was able to boot without a usb again!! YAY.

Then starting working on fixing my web drivers for my gtx 1050 2gb. Installed the os update so i'm at 10.12.6, pulled my hair out figuring out the web drivers, eventually got them installed and the cuda fixed.

Now all 3 of my screens work, yet windows can't sit 'between' screens, I just simply haven't looked for that fix yet as I want the sys itself running like a top first.
      My screen saver works, I don't get stuck in screensaver, I did once before, I believe lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext fixed that.
      Now with all that I felt it was time to give my config.plist a diet cos it was bloated, I generated a config copied the clover settings check for check instead of coping text cos I'm trying to shrink it.
      Config.plist boots my system with DSDT-1FE7B5D7

So that last thing on the list of optimizing I feel would be a 100% correct DSDT and SSDT cos then I could use a blank config.plist with my patched DSDT & SSDT correct

but with the patching part that I think I understand how to do it now, but when I extract with F4 every file has RSDT in front of it, I have one that says RSDP.aml and RSDT.aml
      so would I just erase the RSDT from the beginning of each file then go from their, which would then leave me with a DSDT.aml and 17 SSDTs

so if thats correct I would then decompile with iasl patch and compile and put the patched files into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/

also how do I know if everything is patched correctly? like if my CPU is fully working and not just sorta working that way when I start running software like photoshop, unity, 10 chrome tabs, my hackintosh doesn't crash

Thanks to anyone that can help me out, I've been working on my system for about two weeks and this is basically the wall I finally can't seem to figure out how to pass