This follows my previous guide for macOS Sierra.
0. What works and does not
- CPU power management
- QE/CI on Integrated Intel HD 4000
- HDMI and LVDS output
- Audio: Headphone, speaker, HDMI (?).
- Battery info
Does NOT work
- Internal Wifi. Workaround: USB wifi or replace your internal wifi with a supported mPCI-e card.
- Sleep: does not work with an USB wifi. Workaround: Replace your internal wifi with a supported card.
- VGA out. Workaround: Use an « active » HDMI to VGA adapter. I use this way to connecting my laptop to projectors.
- Discrete AMD GPU
- Card reader. Workaround: Use an external USB card reader.
My Dell Inspiron 15R SE still has the following specs (I haven't upgraded it since Yosemite) :
- Intel Core i7 3632QM with Intel HD Graphic 4000
- 8GB + 4GB RAM (12GB total)
- 128GB Samsung EVO SSD + 1TB HDD
- AMD Radeon 7730M, won't be used by any Hackintosh build
- Full HD 15.4" screen
- A Dell 7520, of course
- An USB Stick, minimum 16GB. Any 16GB should work.
- A pair of USB Mouse / Keyboard during the installation and fixes (you can use your built in keyboard and touchpad later)
- An existing Hackintosh (or a real Mac, if you have any )
- Downloaded «Install macOS Mojave Beta» from App Store.
- A GPT-partitioned hard drive
- A 20GB (minimum) partition as the target.
- Dosdude1's macOS Mojave Patcher
3. Create USB Install. For full guide please see here
- Boot your existing Hackintosh or real Mac.
- First you need to be sure that you have downloaded the app «Install macOS Mojave» from App Store
- Use Disk Utilities to partition your USB stick with 1 partition in GPT mode, and choose «OS X Extended (Journaled)» as partition type. Note: don't use any space in label of your disk.
- Run Dosdude1's macOS Mojave Patcher, select the installer app, select usb disk as target.
- Be patient. It's quite slow.
- Download and install Clover Bootloader v4658 to the usb disk, note to install using EFI boot only
- Copy attached config.plist to /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/
- Copy attached kexts to /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/Other/
- Download NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and put it in /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/Other/
- Reboot after finishing creating your USB for installation.
- During boot, press F12 to have boot list. Choose your USB to start. Set ig-platform-id to 0x01660004 to boot the installation.
- It should boot directly to the installation UI
- Select Utilities and Disk Utility.
- Format your target partition as OS X Extended (Journaled). APFS can be used but it's your own risks
- Exit Disk utility.
- Begin the install procedure - it should be there already. Choose your newly formatted partition. Follow the instruction. Wait for a while (in my case I waited around 10 minutes).
- It will restart your computer as soon as it finishes the file copy.
- You still need to boot from USB. Hit F12 during boot to show boot list. Choose your USB to start. Set ig-platform-id to 0x01660004, select your installed partition and press Enter.
- You will be able to see user creation. Follow the instructions on screen. When you get to your desktop, rebuild kernel cache:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions sudo kextcache -u / - Reboot, you should be able to use both LVDS and HDMI outputs (with default ig-platform-id 01660003) with proper kext and config.plist attached.
Welcome to macOS Mojave!
5. Device fixes
Most of the fixes are included in the attached kext zip.
5.1. CPU Power Management
Works fine with macOS Mojave (official version) as long as you use ssdtPRGen.sh as instructed here. Don't forget to delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext afterward.
The integrated wifi doesn't work. At all. I used an external wifi dongle TP Link WN725N (v2) for Internet access. After that I replaced the internal wifi with a Atheros AR5B29 and it works natively
If you use this AR5B29, copy the attached AirPortAtheros40.kext into /System/Library/Extensions
I just installed the latest final version of macos Mojave on my HP Z420 and all seems ok,
just I have a problem of shutting down, when I click shutdown the pc restart.
THIS IS MY EFI FOLDER
MY PC CONFIG:
HP Z420 WORKSTATION
Intel Patsburg C600/X79, Intel Sandy Bridge-EP
QUAD CORE INTEL XEON E5-1620 03.60 GHz
RAM: 22 GB ECC RDDR3
GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GTX 730
Thank you all