MaLd0n

[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and x99 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

1,758 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, UltraLaser said:

Thanks!

I wanted to ask you one more thing, is the patch for usb limit changed?

yes

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
837D940F 0F839704 0000
837D940F 90909090 9090
USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart
10.13.x

check if work...if fail need apply new things in EC too, let me know

Advertisement
Posted (edited)
On 25/03/2018 at 2:46 AM, MaLd0n said:

bro, 610 dont work in hs too xD

Just to update to say I put in different PSU and added PCIe power adapters so I could use NVidia 760.

Now HS 10.13.3 installed easily, and on this second machine I have working sleep/wake, working USB 2 & 3, working network, working graphics, working onboard audio and onboard SATA.  Working, working, working :)

Thanks so much for all your help and this amazing thread.  Beer sent :)

Edited by TheBloke

1 hour ago, TheBloke said:

Just to update to say I put in different PSU and added PCIe power adapters so I could use NVidia 760.

Now HS 10.13.3 installed easily, and on this second machine I have working sleep/wake, working USB 2 & 3, working network, working graphics, working onboard audio and onboard SATA.  Working, working, working :)

Thanks so much for all your help and this amazing thread.  Beer sent :)

Enjoy!

in 10.13.4 have a new usb patch, apple change many things again ;)

Thx

HI MaLd0n,

HappyEaster to you mate - hope you had a good one!

Looking at upgrading my Dell 990 to 10.13.4 - however been having a little trouble with the system (USB 3 ports randomly ejecting). Was hoping you could take a look at my files before hand. Usually the updates go well on this machine so I'm hoping it's not too much trouble.

Anyways - have bought another couple of beers for you, thanks in advance :)

Uploading Files does not seem to be working at the moment - link to 'send me' folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4typgogm4z6t1g/Send me Home-Servers-Mac-Pro-2.zip?dl=0

Dan

13 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

yes

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
837D940F 0F839704 0000
837D940F 90909090 9090
USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart
10.13.x

check if work...if fail need apply new things in EC too, let me know

Not really, I have problems with my Time Machine which is a external 1 TB usb3; If I connect to usb2 works fine if I connect the usb3 does not detect the disc and says he can't back up

6 hours ago, Dan_Marshall said:

HI MaLd0n,

HappyEaster to you mate - hope you had a good one!

Looking at upgrading my Dell 990 to 10.13.4 - however been having a little trouble with the system (USB 3 ports randomly ejecting). Was hoping you could take a look at my files before hand. Usually the updates go well on this machine so I'm hoping it's not too much trouble.

Anyways - have bought another couple of beers for you, thanks in advance :)

Uploading Files does not seem to be working at the moment - link to 'send me' folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4typgogm4z6t1g/Send me Home-Servers-Mac-Pro-2.zip?dl=0

Dan

link is down, bro

MaLd0n 2018-04-02 às 10.05.40.png

4 hours ago, UltraLaser said:

Not really, I have problems with my Time Machine which is a external 1 TB usb3; If I connect to usb2 works fine if I connect the usb3 does not detect the disc and says he can't back up

Apple change many things again

send me dsdt

21 minutes ago, Dan_Marshall said:

Hey mate - replaced DSDT and reboot. All appears ok. New files dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pe53iedgnin044/Send me Home-Servers-Mac-Pro-2.zip?dl=0

take other test, i see logs 

DSDT.aml.zip

8 minutes ago, Dan_Marshall said:

Replaced with new DSDT, reboot. New Dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/87tsu0xuqhm2nxw/Send me Home-Servers-Mac-Pro-2.zip?dl=0

Thanks so much for your help man (I hope you enjoys the beers :) )

errors log is gone, u test all usb ports with opne device usb 3?

let me know

timtim xD

7 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

errors log is gone, u test all usb ports with opne device usb 3?

let me know

timtim xD

All appears fine - as always, you da man!!

Will attempt the upgrade now after I make a back up. Fingers crossed and thanks again :)

D

Posted (edited)

Hi MaLd0n,

Can You please help me patch my DSDT?

I have an HP Z420 with pretty much everything running except native sound Realtek ALC262 (currently using VoodooHDA) and USB3.

Previously I had native audio working with an HP Z400 + patched DSDT (patch included) + CodecCommander + patched AppleHDA which had same ALC262.

I tried to use RehabMan's fork MaciASL to patch my DSDT and add my previous HDEF patch with no luck.  I am trying with AppleALC.kext + patched DSDT but obviously I am not doing correctly.  

I also used Pike Alpha ssdtPRGen.sh to generate custom ssdt.aml + AICPMpatch which has given my speedstep + native power. 

I appreciate your expertise and time as you are a legend here on insanelymac!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejjry1up4u0447o/Send me aps-Mac-Pro-3.zip?dl=0

-apav 

HDEF:DSDT.dsl

Edited by apav

2 hours ago, apav said:

Hi MaLd0n,

Can You please help me patch my DSDT?

I have an HP Z420 with pretty much everything running except native sound Realtek ALC262 (currently using VoodooHDA) and USB3.

Previously I had native audio working with an HP Z400 + patched DSDT (patch included) + CodecCommander + patched AppleHDA which had same ALC262.

I tried to use RehabMan's fork MaciASL to patch my DSDT and add my previous HDEF patch with no luck.  I am trying with AppleALC.kext + patched DSDT but obviously I am not doing correctly.  

I also used Pike Alpha ssdtPRGen.sh to generate custom ssdt.aml + AICPMpatch which has given my speedstep + native power. 

I appreciate your expertise and time as you are a legend here on insanelymac!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejjry1up4u0447o/Send me aps-Mac-Pro-3.zip?dl=0

-apav 

HDEF:DSDT.dsl

replace full folder, reboot and send me new dump

CLOVER.zip

1 hour ago, apav said:

Replaced full clover folder, rebooted. new dump attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6g4rkqq3uy8evq6/Send me aps-Mac-Pro-3_new_dump.zip?dl=0

replace in clover/acpi/patched

DSDT.aml.zip

put applehda untouched in s/l/e

check folder l/e or s/l/e and remove fakesmc and fakesmc sensors, u can use it in clover/kexts/other, check there

new dump with new DSDT and applehda untouched

19 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

replace in clover/acpi/patched

DSDT.aml.zip

put applehda untouched in s/l/e

check folder l/e or s/l/e and remove fakesmc and fakesmc sensors, u can use it in clover/kexts/other, check there

new dump with new DSDT and applehda untouched

Hi MaLd0n,

You are a genius thank you so much!

Audio is working! Both microphones (front and back) and both headphone/audio out(front and back). Also firewire works as well.  The only thing I see that still doesn't work are the 2 + 2 USB3 ports but I think that is to be expected.  

I am including a new dump but I am not sure you really need it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dye7ecpk40fdylu/Send me aps-Mac-Pro-audio working.zip?dl=0

7 minutes ago, apav said:

Hi MaLd0n,

Audio is working! Both microphones (front and back) and both headphone/audio out(front and back). Also firewire works as well.  The only thing I see that still doesn't work are the 2 + 2 USB3 ports but I think that is to be expected.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dye7ecpk40fdylu/Send me aps-Mac-Pro-audio working.zip?dl=0

Actually I spoke just a little too soon- it's a very minor detail  I just noticed: sleep is working well however usb keyboard and mouse will not wake up when pressing mouse or keyboard - I need to press the power button which then wakes it out of sleep and everything (usb and sound)working when waking up.  Honestly I can live with it as if it is a problem to fix or if it will comprise anything you've done so far. 

Thanks again,

-apav

@MaLd0n

Thanks man you're the best, any suggestion on turning dsdt into SSDT or no point? Also anyone can suggest why the system restarts from sleep? Sleep worked like a charm on 10.12.

30 minutes ago, apav said:

Hi MaLd0n,

ur usb 3 is not intel or other controller with native support, u need use one kext for it, generic xhci, don't appears in system profiler, but work in some cases