Jump to content
MaLd0n

[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and x99 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

1,758 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, UltraLaser said:

Thanks!

I wanted to ask you one more thing, is the patch for usb limit changed?

yes

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
837D940F 0F839704 0000
837D940F 90909090 9090
USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart
10.13.x

check if work...if fail need apply new things in EC too, let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Posted (edited)
On 25/03/2018 at 2:46 AM, MaLd0n said:

bro, 610 dont work in hs too xD

Just to update to say I put in different PSU and added PCIe power adapters so I could use NVidia 760.

Now HS 10.13.3 installed easily, and on this second machine I have working sleep/wake, working USB 2 & 3, working network, working graphics, working onboard audio and onboard SATA.  Working, working, working :)

Thanks so much for all your help and this amazing thread.  Beer sent :)

Edited by TheBloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBloke said:

Just to update to say I put in different PSU and added PCIe power adapters so I could use NVidia 760.

Now HS 10.13.3 installed easily, and on this second machine I have working sleep/wake, working USB 2 & 3, working network, working graphics, working onboard audio and onboard SATA.  Working, working, working :)

Thanks so much for all your help and this amazing thread.  Beer sent :)

Enjoy!

in 10.13.4 have a new usb patch, apple change many things again ;)

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI MaLd0n,

 

HappyEaster to you mate - hope you had a good one!

 

Looking at upgrading my Dell 990 to 10.13.4 - however been having a little trouble with the system (USB 3 ports randomly ejecting). Was hoping you could take a look at my files before hand. Usually the updates go well on this machine so I'm hoping it's not too much trouble.

Anyways - have bought another couple of beers for you, thanks in advance :)

Uploading Files does not seem to be working at the moment - link to 'send me' folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4typgogm4z6t1g/Send me Home-Servers-Mac-Pro-2.zip?dl=0

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

yes


com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
837D940F 0F839704 0000
837D940F 90909090 9090
USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart
10.13.x

check if work...if fail need apply new things in EC too, let me know

Not really, I have problems with my Time Machine which is a external 1 TB usb3; If I connect to usb2 works fine if I connect the usb3 does not detect the disc and says he can't back up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dan_Marshall said:

HI MaLd0n,

 

HappyEaster to you mate - hope you had a good one!

 

Looking at upgrading my Dell 990 to 10.13.4 - however been having a little trouble with the system (USB 3 ports randomly ejecting). Was hoping you could take a look at my files before hand. Usually the updates go well on this machine so I'm hoping it's not too much trouble.

Anyways - have bought another couple of beers for you, thanks in advance :)

Uploading Files does not seem to be working at the moment - link to 'send me' folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4typgogm4z6t1g/Send me Home-Servers-Mac-Pro-2.zip?dl=0

 

Dan

link is down, bro

MaLd0n 2018-04-02 às 10.05.40.png

4 hours ago, UltraLaser said:

Not really, I have problems with my Time Machine which is a external 1 TB usb3; If I connect to usb2 works fine if I connect the usb3 does not detect the disc and says he can't back up

Apple change many things again

send me dsdt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dan_Marshall said:

Hey mate - replaced DSDT and reboot. All appears ok. New files dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pe53iedgnin044/Send me Home-Servers-Mac-Pro-2.zip?dl=0

take other test, i see logs 

DSDT.aml.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dan_Marshall said:

Replaced with new DSDT, reboot. New Dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/87tsu0xuqhm2nxw/Send me Home-Servers-Mac-Pro-2.zip?dl=0

Thanks so much for your help man (I hope you enjoys the beers :) )

errors log is gone, u test all usb ports with opne device usb 3?

let me know

timtim xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

errors log is gone, u test all usb ports with opne device usb 3?

let me know

timtim xD

All appears fine - as always, you da man!!

Will attempt the upgrade now after I make a back up. Fingers crossed and thanks again :)

 

D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi MaLd0n,

 

Can You please help me patch my DSDT?

 

I have an HP Z420 with pretty much everything running except native sound Realtek ALC262 (currently using VoodooHDA) and USB3.

Previously I had native audio working with an HP Z400 + patched DSDT (patch included) + CodecCommander + patched AppleHDA which had same ALC262.

I tried to use RehabMan's fork MaciASL to patch my DSDT and add my previous HDEF patch with no luck.  I am trying with AppleALC.kext + patched DSDT but obviously I am not doing correctly.  

I also used Pike Alpha ssdtPRGen.sh to generate custom ssdt.aml + AICPMpatch which has given my speedstep + native power. 

 

I appreciate your expertise and time as you are a legend here on insanelymac!

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejjry1up4u0447o/Send me aps-Mac-Pro-3.zip?dl=0

 

 

-apav 

HDEF:DSDT.dsl

Edited by apav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, apav said:

Hi MaLd0n,

 

Can You please help me patch my DSDT?

 

I have an HP Z420 with pretty much everything running except native sound Realtek ALC262 (currently using VoodooHDA) and USB3.

Previously I had native audio working with an HP Z400 + patched DSDT (patch included) + CodecCommander + patched AppleHDA which had same ALC262.

I tried to use RehabMan's fork MaciASL to patch my DSDT and add my previous HDEF patch with no luck.  I am trying with AppleALC.kext + patched DSDT but obviously I am not doing correctly.  

I also used Pike Alpha ssdtPRGen.sh to generate custom ssdt.aml + AICPMpatch which has given my speedstep + native power. 

 

I appreciate your expertise and time as you are a legend here on insanelymac!

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejjry1up4u0447o/Send me aps-Mac-Pro-3.zip?dl=0

 

 

-apav 

HDEF:DSDT.dsl

replace full folder, reboot and send me new dump

CLOVER.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apav said:

Replaced full clover folder, rebooted. new dump attached.

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6g4rkqq3uy8evq6/Send me aps-Mac-Pro-3_new_dump.zip?dl=0

replace in clover/acpi/patched

DSDT.aml.zip

put applehda untouched in s/l/e

check folder l/e or s/l/e and remove fakesmc and fakesmc sensors, u can use it in clover/kexts/other, check there

new dump with new DSDT and applehda untouched

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

replace in clover/acpi/patched

DSDT.aml.zip

put applehda untouched in s/l/e

check folder l/e or s/l/e and remove fakesmc and fakesmc sensors, u can use it in clover/kexts/other, check there

new dump with new DSDT and applehda untouched

Hi MaLd0n,

 

You are a genius thank you so much!

Audio is working! Both microphones (front and back) and both headphone/audio out(front and back). Also firewire works as well.  The only thing I see that still doesn't work are the 2 + 2 USB3 ports but I think that is to be expected.  

I am including a new dump but I am not sure you really need it:

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dye7ecpk40fdylu/Send me aps-Mac-Pro-audio working.zip?dl=0

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, apav said:

Hi MaLd0n,

 

You are a genius thank you so much!

Audio is working! Both microphones (front and back) and both headphone/audio out(front and back). Also firewire works as well.  The only thing I see that still doesn't work are the 2 + 2 USB3 ports but I think that is to be expected.  

I am including a new dump but I am not sure you really need it:

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dye7ecpk40fdylu/Send me aps-Mac-Pro-audio working.zip?dl=0

 

 

Actually I spoke just a little too soon- it's a very minor detail  I just noticed: sleep is working well however usb keyboard and mouse will not wake up when pressing mouse or keyboard - I need to press the power button which then wakes it out of sleep and everything (usb and sound)working when waking up.  Honestly I can live with it as if it is a problem to fix or if it will comprise anything you've done so far. 

Thanks again,

 

-apav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MaLd0n


Thanks man you're the best, any suggestion on turning dsdt into SSDT or no point? Also anyone can suggest why the system restarts from sleep? Sleep worked like a charm on 10.12.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, apav said:

Hi MaLd0n,

 

You are a genius thank you so much!

Audio is working! Both microphones (front and back) and both headphone/audio out(front and back). Also firewire works as well.  The only thing I see that still doesn't work are the 2 + 2 USB3 ports but I think that is to be expected.  

I am including a new dump but I am not sure you really need it:

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dye7ecpk40fdylu/Send me aps-Mac-Pro-audio working.zip?dl=0

 

 

ur usb 3 is not intel or other controller with native support, u need use one kext for it, generic xhci, don't appears in system profiler, but work in some cases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By malvibra
      Hi everyone, this is my first post in the forum.

      I have an hackintosh since 2014, built by myself. I installed macOS using ##### two or three times and everything always worked fine.
      I'm still with Sierra, and I'd like to move to High Sierra using Vanilla method. I created the USB, installed Clover, made all the setup in three or four different ways according to different guides, but I get always the same errors.
      It seems that the installer pen drive can't see itself in the drives scheme. I tried different pen drives, tried to change from 3.0 to 2.0 and so on.
       
      Below the links to download the EFI folder and the screenshots of the verbose boot. The configuration of the workstation is in signature.
      EFI
      Screenshots
       
      I hope to have not break any rule in this post, I used the search function but I didn't found anything that help me to fix the installation.
       
      Thanks in advance for help.
       
      Mitch
       
       
       
    • By angel___eyes
      CONFIG:   Intel Pentium G3220 @ 3.00 Ghz ASUS H81M-CS - Rev. 1.0 - UEFI Bios 0402 (Lan - Realtek 8111GR | Audio - ALC 887) 4GB DDR 3 HDD 500GB SATA Nvidia 210 1GB VGA Monitor   I have this config with me, and need to learn xcode....   Needed to know will i be able to install High Sierra on this rig...?
    • By moman2000
      Hi,
       
      I thought it would be nice that I would be the first here to give my experience with getting Mojave running and mostly working on my system.
       
      My specifications are as follows:
       
      iMac 14,2
       
      GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.4GHz / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz
      MSI AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC
      250GB SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND SSD / 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD
      1TB 5.4K HDD
       
      I used the config that @MaLd0n helped me with. Seriously, he is a legend. HERE is my Clover Config including everything I use for 10.13 High Sierra and 10.14 Mojave.
       
      Installation Procedure:
       
       
      Create bootable USB media with createinstallmedia - sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/"Insert Volume Name here"  ***** Remove quotation marks!!! 
       
      **"--Applicationpath" is now depreciated and should not be used when making a 10.14 Mojave USB. I do not know if this will change in upcoming releases.
       
      ** ConvertToAPFS is now depreciated and no longer works when installing 10.14 Mojave beta 1. Using the command "--converttoapfs NO" will not work if you use it with "createinstallmedia".
       
      Editing "minstallconfig.xml" within the "macOS Install Data" folder on the target partition chosen during installation to change "ConvertToAPFS" from "TRUE" to "FALSE" would also not disable APFS conversion.
       
      Installation ran through well, but it did restart just after installation began which seemed to have been caused by a crash, but it seemed like it was normal as this happened twice as I tried installing Mojave earlier and the same thing happened. Rebooting again into the installation on the target drive that was selected before described as "macOS Install"  and named "macOS 10.14" resumed installation.
       
      Everything from then on was easy and smooth. I set-up my iCloud and things as such and was brought to the desktop of macOS 10.14 Mojave!
       
       
      What does work:
       
      Graphics (Acceleration/Metal) // 4K video dropped 0 frames // Picture-in-Picture
      Mouse and Keyboard
      USB 3.0 -  Full 5 GBP/s - Only ports above HDMI Port and front I/O
      USB 3.0 under both Intel and Killer Ethernet ports function with USB 2.0 devices.
      Ethernet (only Intel NIC so far) Both NIC's work, Intel I217-V and Killer E2200
      iMessage
      Sleep and Wake
      Shutdown
      Restart
       
      Update #1:
       
      Temporary Fix: ***I have gotten audio to work after browsing Reddit, I stumbled across this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/8orn7w/mojave_files_needed/e05kkj9/
       
      Update #2:
       
      I have just found a kext for the on-board Killer E2200 NIC after searching with device and vendor ID's on this forum.
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/313-atherose2200ethernet/
       
      Update #3:
       
      Audio is now fully operational with new version 1.2.8 of AppleALC, from here: 
       
      What does NOT work:
       
      USB 3 under Intel I217-V NIC and Killer E2200 NIC Ethernet Ports // Only function with USB 2.0 devices.
      Audio Temporary fix in Update #1 above   Fixed in Update #3
      Killer E2200 NIC Fixed in Update #2 above
       
       
       
      This is the information I have been able to gather thus far whilst using Mojave.
       
      I hope this helps someone in getting Mojave running on their system.
       
      Regards,
      Mohamed
       
       
      CLOVER_moman2000 No SN.zip







    • By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR HFS+J partition.
       
      To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.14.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.
       
      The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.14 Firmware check by crazybirdy.
       
      What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
      1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR partition.
      2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      3. Patch to stop auto-convert to APFS , "ConvertToAPFS=false" is no longer worked with 10.14.
      4. This patched MBR OSInstaller will never convert to APFS, and will always install as HFS+J partition.
      5. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR HFS+J and GPT HFS+J partition (GPT+recovery).

      No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.
       
      How to make 10.14 installer for MBR?
      Read HowTo-10.14.x.txt inside the zip file first, same as 10.13, different with 10.12.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to install in different computer with only one USB partition?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q8. How to update 10.14.x combo-update to MBR without downloading the full installer app again?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q9. How to update 10.14.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?
       
      Just use 14MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
       
      And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.
×