• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By angel___eyes
      CONFIG:   Intel Pentium G3220 @ 3.00 Ghz ASUS H81M-CS - Rev. 1.0 - UEFI Bios 0402 (Lan - Realtek 8111GR | Audio - ALC 887) 4GB DDR 3 HDD 500GB SATA Nvidia 210 1GB VGA Monitor   I have this config with me, and need to learn xcode....   Needed to know will i be able to install High Sierra on this rig...?
    • By moman2000
      Hi,

I thought it would be nice that I would be the first here to give my experience with getting Mojave running and mostly working on my system.

My specifications are as follows:

iMac 14,2

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.4GHz / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz
      MSI AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC
      250GB SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND SSD / 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD
      1TB 5.4K HDD

I used the config that @MaLd0n helped me with. Seriously, he is a legend. HERE is my Clover Config including everything I use for 10.13 High Sierra and 10.14 Mojave.

Installation Procedure:

Create bootable USB media with createinstallmedia - sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/"Insert Volume Name here"  ***** Remove quotation marks!!! 

**"--Applicationpath" is now depreciated and should not be used when making a 10.14 Mojave USB. I do not know if this will change in upcoming releases.

** ConvertToAPFS is now depreciated and no longer works when installing 10.14 Mojave beta 1. Using the command "--converttoapfs NO" will not work if you use it with "createinstallmedia".

Editing "minstallconfig.xml" within the "macOS Install Data" folder on the target partition chosen during installation to change "ConvertToAPFS" from "TRUE" to "FALSE" would also not disable APFS conversion.

Installation ran through well, but it did restart just after installation began which seemed to have been caused by a crash, but it seemed like it was normal as this happened twice as I tried installing Mojave earlier and the same thing happened. Rebooting again into the installation on the target drive that was selected before described as "macOS Install"  and named "macOS 10.14" resumed installation.

Everything from then on was easy and smooth. I set-up my iCloud and things as such and was brought to the desktop of macOS 10.14 Mojave!

What does work:

Graphics (Acceleration/Metal) // 4K video dropped 0 frames // Picture-in-Picture
      Mouse and Keyboard
      USB 3.0 -  Full 5 GBP/s - Only ports above HDMI Port and front I/O
      USB 3.0 under both Intel and Killer Ethernet ports function with USB 2.0 devices.
      Ethernet (only Intel NIC so far) Both NIC's work, Intel I217-V and Killer E2200
      iMessage
      Sleep and Wake
      Shutdown
      Restart

Update #1:

Temporary Fix: ***I have gotten audio to work after browsing Reddit, I stumbled across this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/8orn7w/mojave_files_needed/e05kkj9/

Update #2:

I have just found a kext for the on-board Killer E2200 NIC after searching with device and vendor ID's on this forum.
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/313-atherose2200ethernet/

Update #3:

Audio is now fully operational with new version 1.2.8 of AppleALC, from here: 

What does NOT work:

USB 3 under Intel I217-V NIC and Killer E2200 NIC Ethernet Ports // Only function with USB 2.0 devices.
      Audio Temporary fix in Update #1 above   Fixed in Update #3
      Killer E2200 NIC Fixed in Update #2 above

This is the information I have been able to gather thus far whilst using Mojave.

I hope this helps someone in getting Mojave running on their system.

Regards,
      Mohamed

CLOVER_moman2000 No SN.zip

• By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR HFS+J partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.14.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.

The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.14 Firmware check by crazybirdy.

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
      1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR partition.
      2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      3. Patch to stop auto-convert to APFS , "ConvertToAPFS=false" is no longer worked with 10.14.
      4. This patched MBR OSInstaller will never convert to APFS, and will always install as HFS+J partition.
      5. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR HFS+J and GPT HFS+J partition (GPT+recovery).

No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

How to make 10.14 installer for MBR?
      Read HowTo-10.14.x.txt inside the zip file first, same as 10.13, different with 10.12.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to install in different computer with only one USB partition?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q8. How to update 10.14.x combo-update to MBR without downloading the full installer app again?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q9. How to update 10.14.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

Just use 14MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.

And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.