After a long time of cooking this computer up with a lot of stuff, I'm finally releasing my guide for this P50 with OpenCore.
Lenovo ThinkPad P50 macOS Install with OpenCore
This thread may be used for questions/corrections/additions. Good Luck.
Hi guys, I'm new to the world of Hackintosh. I write in this section because I have a problem with the graphics card of my laptop. As far as I understand from the web, it is not possible to use a dedicated graphics card on a laptop. So I'm trying to use the integrated processor one. The problem is that I have tried various procedures seen online, but in spite of this I cannot solve the problem. If you need this is the equipment of my laptop:
Asus VivoBook Pro 15 N580VD-FI038T
Screen: Led 15.6” 16:9 (Ultra HD 3480x2160).
Chipset: Intel HM175.
Cpu: Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.80 GHz / 3.80 GHz, 4 core, 6 MB CACHE L3).
Graphics Card: INTEL HD Graphics 630 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB GDDR5.
Hard Disk: SSD M.2 512 GB SATA 3.0 + SSD 750GB.
Ram: 32GB DDR4-2666.
Audio: audio stereo Harman Kardon.
Webcam: webcam HD with integrated headphone.
Lan: Intel LAN 10/100/1000, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2x2), Bluetooth 4.2.
USB: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1, 1 x HDMI, 1 x LAN RJ-45, 1 x jack
Slot: 1 x SD.
I hope there is someone who can help me with this problem
By Simon's InsaneMac
Hi, I'm kind of lost when scrolling to Clover Configurator, so I decided to use an EFI from the web and just configure the most basic stuff. But that sadly didn't work, im always getting the attached screen IMG_0054.HEIC (and I don't know whether all the errors are listed, as I can't scroll).
Anyways I thought it'd be better to do a custom setup. Can anyone give me some help with what to choose in the settings? Here's my rig:
Asus z370-G (Rog Strix)
gtx 1060 6gb
samsung ssd (SATA)
WD hard drive
Your help would be much appreciated!
I have put together this simple little guide for anybody wanting to use a Patched DSDT EFI with the same configuration as me.
This is also a thread to discuss everything Z390 Master and try and help where we can and maybe make things a little better for you.
A huge massive thank you to @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee These three guys have helped me and talked me so much and are as helpful as you could ever get, Without them I wouldn't have a perfect working build like I do or be putting up this Guide & Discussion Thread sharing the hard work and countless hours that we have all put in to this.
This EFI and Patched DSDT have been created to work with a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master using bios revision F11c, 9900k with a 5700 XT but has also been tested and verified fully working with the following Hardware
8600K, 8700, 8700K, 9600K, 9700K, 9900K, 9900KS
RX 560, 570, 580, 590, Vega 56, Vega 64, Radion VII, 5700, 5700 XT
(If you have success with any different CPU or GPU's then please do let me know)
@glasgood Has kindly put together a new simple Catalina install guide so Just Follow He's Guide For a Perfect Install. (glasgood put the guide together for the Z390 Pro but the two boards are so alike that you can follow this guide with no problems at all using the Z390 Master)
• Intel I9 9900k @5.2Ghz
• Gigabyte AORUS Z390 MASTER
• Sapphire Reference RX 5700 XT ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )
• Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB @3600mhz (2 x 16GB)
• Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
• EK Custom Liquid Cooling Loop
• Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD macOS Catalina 10.15.3
• Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
• ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)
• Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic ATX Case
• Ethernet Port
• SSD Trim
• USB 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Open Natively)
• Hardware Acceleration
• Sleep & Wake
• Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
• Netflix on Safari browser
• Sidecar (only works using the iMac19,1 EFI and with your igpu Enabled)
please note - You must flash your Z390 MASTER bios to revision F11c to use any of these EFI's, The DSDT is not designed for any other Bios revision
mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c
PLEASE NOTE - You MUST update to the latest Clover EFI before updating to 10.15.4 or you may find your unable to update.
Clover EFI Updated 26/03/20 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios
Clover Z390 Master Vega Navi EFI 260320.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT), Radeon VII DSDT EFI
Clover Z390 Master Polaris EFI 260320.zip - R5XX Polaris DSDT EFI
CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way
Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU
ADDITIONAL DSDT's & Older EFI’s (A big thanks to @MaLd0n for compiling these DSDT's)
Alternative EFI - OpenCore No DSDT and Done the way OpenCore intended it (03/03/2020)
Alternative EFI 2 - N-D-K Fork of OpenCore (03/03/2020)
To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow
(If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)
If Your Not Using File Vault Then Please Disable Hibernate
BroadcomFix.zip (Use these kexts if your Broadcom bluetooth/Wifi isn't working properly)
Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl
BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11C)
• Enter BIOS → Press Delete → Enter Setup
• Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL
• Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
• Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
• Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Disabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled
• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup
A big thanks to wegface for teaching me a lot of things.
Tested on Catalina 10.15.4 and Clover EFI 5104 (Catalina Patcher)
- realtek sd card reader (pm me if you have a fix)
**CPU patches are disabled, if you are using a locked BIOS you must enable them**
- Install it in UEFI Mode and change your hdd partition table to GPT.
- You will be able to install ANY OS in EFI mode, even if this pc does not support EFI at all! (No guide available for this)
You will need:
My unlocked BIOS (OPTIONAL) (here) Latest Clover config from CCE Bank (here) (asus k53sj-kylon) Rehabman Voodoo PS2 Controller (here) acidanthera AppleALC (here) acidanthera Lilu (here) acidanthera VirtualSMC (here) acidanthera SMCBatteryManager (here) acidanthera SMCLightSensor (here) acidanthera WhateverGreen (here) Mieze Realtek RTL8111 (here)