Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nvidia12

Cant find Intel Wireless 2200BG/2915ABG kext for OS X

2 posts in this topic

So i managed to install Tiger on a Dell Latitude D505 with some coaxing. But the wireless didnt seem to work out of the box " not a big surprise" People had written these drivers for the hardware i had so i thought it wouldnt be an issue. But i find out now that the links to them are dead because of how long ago they were posted. If anyboody could help me out finding a kext for the

Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG/2915ABG

That would be great, cause its hard to find remaining help for these old things.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bojarek8
      Hi! 

I'm Kris!  I hope my topic is in a good section.
      I am asking you guys for help in this difficult hackintosh problem. 
      For a very long time I tried to solve it myself but I have no idea how I can solve this problem.

Description of the problem

My problem is that I do not have access to any apple service. I am unable to log into the App Store using my Apple ID. I am unable to log into iCloud account in system preferences. iMessage and Facetime also do not work.  Messages that I get when I try to log in: "An error occurred during activation. Try again" 

in iMessage: "An error occurred during activation. Try again" 
      in App Store: "This device or computer can not be verified. Contact the support department for help"
      in Face Time: "There was an error during activation. Try again"

In summary, I am unable to log in to any apple network service. 

My Specification 

Motherboard:  Acer MG43M

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU  E7600  3.06GHz

Graphic card: Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT 515MB 

Wi-fi: TP-LINK  TL-WN881ND

Ethernet: (not supported) 

Audio: (rather, it is not needed here)

Files: 

My config.plist: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vlYJC329sz6yuTwFr-k0fOs3rfhKeI6l

• By ammoune78
      Hey, i have problem of Freezes and Glitches with Intel HD 4400 in High Sierra 10.13.4. I have i5-4300U with the following edits:

OperationRegion (GFXH, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x40) Field (GFXH, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve) { VID0, 16, DID0, 16 } Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method { If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10) { /* 0000 */ 0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, /* 0008 */ 0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B })) { If (LNotEqual (And (VID0, 0xFFFF), 0xFFFF)) { Store (Package (0x0E) { "AAPL,slot-name", "Built In", "name", "Intel Graphics Controller", "model", Buffer (0x0E) { "Intel HD 4400" }, "device_type", Buffer (0x14) { "Graphics Controller" }, "compatible", Buffer (0x0C) { "pci8086,412" }, "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer (0x04) { 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0A }, "hda-gfx", Buffer (0x0A) { "onboard-1" } }, Local0) DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0)) Return (Local0) } } Return (0x80000002) } And using "0x04128086" as FakeID, injecting Intel enabled and using the "0x0A260006" in Clover config.plist.
      Please any suggestion to solve this issue?
      Thanks!
    • By grumpycat1984
      I am doing it under Sierra via VM and system refuses to do this (install to apps), also there is no ption to "buy" El Capitan from store.

If someone give me advice how to make it run I will be very glad.
    • By iammodus
      Hello there,
      a while back I tested El Capitan on an old computer, and had a pleasant first impression. So, I decided to take a spare hard drive and install EC using Clover on my main PC.

The installation went fine, no problem. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ran fine, installed all kexts OK.
      I still don't have the Wi-Fi kext (TL-WN722N), apparently someone did one but I have to build it myself. I'll get to that on another moment.

Now, the main issue I'm having is getting both displays to work. Unfortunately, both displays turn out to have only VGA input.

So, I have an i7-4790, with Intel HD4600 integrated graphics, plus a discrete Gigabyte GTX 650. Because the discrete card only has one VGA out, I need to enable the iGPU too in order to be able to use the second port. On Windows, this works fine. Both displays get along without issues.

OS X is a different story though. Only the GTX 650 works. It has full hardware acceleration so that's no longer an issue.
      I'm trying to get the integrated graphics to work at the same time, so I can have both displays operative just like Windows.

Things I've tried:

- FakePCIID
      - IGPlatformID
      - Taking out the discrete GPU. It hangs at boot. Only works in safe mode, but of course that's no use.
      - Setting iGPU as Primary, and here's where things get really weird. The computer boots (Apple logo with loading bar) on the HD4600's monitor, but then this display freezes and the login screen appears on the 650's screen. I attached a screenshot in which I try it with verbose mode, but mind you a normal boot is no different. It really seems like the OS just wants the NVIDIA GPU as primary regardless of my Clover settings.

So, any ideas on how to get this working?

• By black.dragon74
      Last update: 2 Dec 2017

Hello guys,

I have seen many instances where people start a thread with the problem they are facing on their hack.

They try to describe the issue in their own way that most of the times, is not able to properly describe what's going wrong with their system.

The developers and other members can point out the problem exactly when they have a set of files, called problem reporting files.

These are basically a set of files that contain various logs and some other components.

Many a times a normal user can not generate those files properly and it leads to a lot of wastage of good time, frustrated by this, I wrote a script to generate proper problem reporting files. You can have a look here

The purpose of this guide is to tell the normal user on how to generate those files properly for debugging.

I wrote a script that automatically installs that debug report generator script and then gives you a .zip output.

If you are seeking help about a problem and you are not attaching your problem reporting files, you will be redirected to this thread.

How to generate debug report:-

It is very simple, you just have to download the attached script and run it. The script in attachment will install the tool for you and will then prompt if you want to generate the files.

If you want to generate files next time, you just have to invoke: "gen_debug" from terminal (without quotes)

How to download and run attached script :-

Unzip the downloaded zip file

Open terminal

Assuming your script is in Downloads folder, type the following code :-
      chmod a+x ~/Downloads/install_tools.sh ~/Downloads/install_tools.sh  Note: It is recommended to attach output of gen_debug whenever you are reporting a new problem (helps to debug and saves a lot of time). Whenever you change anything, it is compulsory to attach NEW output of gen_debug.

Note 2: It is recommended to update your copy of gen_debug every alternate month (for fixes and new features). To do so, If you are running version 2.1 or above, you can simply type "gen_debug -u" (without quotes) in terminal. If you are running version 2.0 or less, you can use the attached script to update your copy.

Note 3: To check gen_debug version you can run it and then you will see version in the output.

CHANGELOGS:
      Update 2.3 - 2 Dec 2017:
      Fixed an issue where timestamp of dump was overridden with current system time, reported by RehabMan. Update using "gen_debug -u" Update 2.2 - 27Nov 2017:
      Added option to generate system information dump as requested by Jake, like # To generate normal report gen_debug # To include system dump gen_debug -sysprofile # To include system dump but in txt format gen_debug -sysprofile txt # Default format is .spx so that the dump opens up with System Information.app # Any option other than txt will be ignored as script will fallback to .SPX extension   Update 2.1 - 27Nov 2017:
      Fixed an issue where IOREG was not saved on some machines You can now update your copy of OSX-Debug by using "-u" arg, like gen_debug -u Regards

Notice to mods: Can you please move it to appropriate section HERE and then delete this line?
      install_tools.zip