IchigoWalker

MultiSound Changer - aggregate sound volume changer

3 posts in this topic

My friend (code) and I (idea and hints) developed a small tool for changing sound volume even for aggregate devices cause native sound volume controller can't change volume of aggregate devices (it was always pain in the ass with my laptop).

Features:

• Changing sound volume of every device (even virtual aggregate device volume by changing volume of every device in aggregate device)
  • Changing default output device
  • Native appearance (looks like native volume controller)

I think it can be very useful if you're using VoodooHDA with 4.0+ sound on the board (my use case), but you can find another use cases.

For example if you want to play 2 or more output devices at the same time you should:

• Create aggregate device in Audio MIDI Setup
  • Add all output devices you want to this new aggregate device
  • Hide default sound controller icon if enabled (by dragging away or in audio preferences)
  • Use our app to control sound volume
  • Add our app to startup (if you need)

You can find source code here: https://github.com/rlxone/MultiSoundChanger/tree/master
Latest build here: https://github.com/rlxone/MultiSoundChanger/releases

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AppleCampus
      My computer was using Intel core i5-4210u ,My computer was using Intel core i5-4210u ,Sound card is cx20751/2,I use applealc inject id=3 successfully drive my onboard soundcard,but I found that HDMI Output is still no sound,how can i deal with it?
    • By ITzTravelInTime
      KX AUDIO DRIVER MOD

Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver and maintain it. 

With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last official version of kx audio driver and all the small commiunity updates, i am working to keep the driver compatible with the latest mac os versions and to improove the driver over time.

Supported cards are:

- most of the Sound Blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series (except for the cards not using the 10k1 architecture)
       - sound blaster pci 512 and pci 256
       - Sound Blaster Audigy, Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 zs series
       - E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip (like the EMU8852 aka 0404m, including the pcie version)
       - Sound Blaster Audigy 4 (SB0610 only) and the Audigy 4 pro
       - Sound Blaster Audigy RX (SB0155)
       - other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k1,10k2, 10k2.5 and CA10300 based cards)

The NOT supported cards includes (but are not limited to):

- ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
       - Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
       - Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
       - Any sound blaster recon3D
       - Sound blaster Audigy FX
       - Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
       - Any sound blaster AE5/AE7/AE9 series
       - Any sound card without an emu sound chip
      - Any ISA Sound card

In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:

- cracking and stability fixes

- added a more proper support for the pci express Sound Blaster audigy rx SB0155 (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip) 

- more user-frienly names for the cards in the settings and other system menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)

- added support to sample rate changing and bit resolution change (the absolte worst supported quality is 7 khz at 8 bit dept while the absolute best is 192 khz at 32 bit depth)

- inputs support

- added boot args to manage the driver (more info on those soon)

What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:

- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,

- have the gameport/midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out

If other developers would like to join and help they are free to do so, this is a free open source project afterall, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.

LINKS and downloads:
               -  github repo:                                               https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver   (kext download coming soon, since an update is coming)  

• By KNNSpeed
      NOTICE: The official AppleALC now contains layout-id 72. There's no more need to download the AppleALC.kext.zip file from this post.

NEW!

After several weeks of toiling (it's July already?!), here's a new audio solution for perfect working audio. I basically ported the linux driver and created a GUI popup menu to configure the combo jack (see screenshot).

Features:
      Fully working Combo Jack! (Heaphones, headset, AND line-in!) New verb sending kext (no more need for CodecCommander on systems without EAPD troubles; VerbStub is simply a direct port of hda-verb for Linux) Launchdaemon with Windows-like pop-up menu monitors the jack for insertion Automatic OMTP (Nokia)/CTIA (iPhone) detection for headsets! Fully commented sources Notes:
      Line-in mode disables audio output. I haven't been able to re-enable the speakers when the jack is purely an input, but that's the only "issue" Zero "no audio after sleep" issues so far Make sure to turn off "Use ambient noise reduction" when using an input that isn't the internal Mic (unless you find that it helps) How does it work?

Simple! Due to the way the Realtek codec is set up on this machine, the ComboJack program watches the jack and switches the codec selector (node 0x22) to the correct input after applying all the requisite processing coefficients and pin widgets. This means that Mac OS only sees a built-in mic, but behind the scenes it actually is connecting to the headset and line-in ports. This works because all input paths lead through selector node  0x22 and into capture node 0x09, and the OS only acknowledges the capture node.

How to install (uses modded AppleALC):
      Disable SIP (I use 0x67 for CSRActiveConfig and 0xEE for booterconfig) Remove ALCPlugFix from /usr/bin (may need to kill with Activity Monitor first) Remove good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist from /Library/LaunchAgents (may need to launchctl unload first) Remove CodecCommander from Clover/kexts/Other (unless you need it, but it looks like the 9560 doesn't) Copy VerbStub.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other Copy AppleALC** to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other Change layout-id to 72 (in SSDT-Config -- 0x48 is hex) Run install.sh and read what it says Reboot (and enable SIP if you want)! Download "ComboJack Installer.zip" and "AppleALC.kext.zip" for everything. The other zips are sources.
      (Also included in "ComboJack Installer" is a folder containing the platform, layout, and pinconfigs used.)

**AppleALC now includes this layout (layout-id 72) in the official release.
      ComboJack Installer.zip

VerbStub Source.zip
      Combo Jack Source.zip
      AppleALC.kext.zip