Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wired Ethernet not working after upgrade to 10.12.4

2 posts in this topic

After upgrading to 10.12.4, my Ethernet ports are not working. Wifi is, but any Ethernet LAN port will not work. I've tried three different ethernet cards, including my internal motherboard card/port, and none are working. I have the latest IntelMausi driver from ReHabMan, (3/21), but nothing seems to work.  Tried other versions, no luck.

None of the cards will accept DHCP. You can manually address them, and they do respond to a self ping, but they cannot ping anywhere else. Not to my local router, (or any local IP addresses), and not to the Internet.

I tried removing all of the network interfaces and the plist and rebooting - that didn't work either.

Internal Ethernet chip is: Intel® I218V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller

$ kextstat | grep Mausi

64 0 0xffffff7f83ac3000 0x24000 0x24000 com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet (2.2.1) 43B3C3B1-E032-3C2B-8598-320889964F57 <53 12 5 4 3 1>

PING ( 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: No route to host
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
ping: sendto: No route to host (but adding a default route doesn't work either, as the route shows as already added (or the Wifi card wouldn't be able to get to the Internet).

I do have loaded the latest drivers from NVidia for 10.12.4. Most everything else works, just would like to get one of my wired Ethernet ports working.

I have an Asus X99-A II (Bios version is 1501), 64 GB of DDR4 RAM, NVMe Samsung drive, GTX 980 TI with the latest drivers from NVidia, and of course 10.12.4. Most everything works. Just would like to get my LAN cards working.

10.12.4 has some new features that can cause trouble with your build. One is that you need a newer copy of Clover to boot with (I used r4049). The other is that I had a lot of trouble with Ethernet drivers that had worked fine with 10.12.3.

Fortunately though, I was on insanelymac, and Mieze had posted a new version of his IntelMausi Ethernet driver, and it worked!!

Version is: IntelMausiEthernet-V2.3.0d0      

Thank you, Mieze!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ITzTravelInTime
      This is a dedicated thread about the intel 8255X based ethernet cards which, although being old (but also very cheap and easy to find used online), they still works in the latest macOS releases today i tested mine with the 64 bit compiled AppleIntel8255X kext and works like a charm! stable and withou any issues with mine 100 mbit managed ethernet switch and also without suffering of problems like connection dieing under heavy load or sleep/wake issues, so just to report that i have create this dedicated thread about and also i leave the kext as an attachment, in this post, this may be usefoul to have cheap working ethernet for hackintosh machines running the latest macOS or just to reuse old hardware some one can have laying around.
    • By ITzTravelInTime
      I have started this thread to discuss about old and very cheap ethernet cards working in the latest macOS releases, cards who just uses old ethernet controllers or are new and cheap cards with old ethernet controllers, this thread is just to discuss about such cards and also to have a list in the first post with reported working cards with drivers linked.
      To contribute you have to report which card of this kind is working for you and which driver or method you followed to get it wo work and also which issues you have, and then it will be added in the list.
      I start reporting cards which worked for me, yours will be added in the future:
      intel 8255X based cards:
                just works using the AppleIntel8255X kext (look in the attachments) and seems to be stable with no issues
      And also there are some cards i am curious to see if can work with mac, so i leave this part at the end of the post, do you know if it's possible to get realtek pci (not pci express) ethernet cards working in the latest mac os? i have a few of them and i have difficulties fining drivers for mac, having a driver for the latest mac wil help me in creating also a youtube video with the cheapest hackintosh compatible ethernet cards
    • By Typhoon_Master
      I am currently using El Capitan with an Asus Maximus II Formula, but the mainboard has a weird bug that the system freezes when im using the built in ethernet ports. (not only in macos, also in linux and windows)
      ... so i was using a USB Dongle wich worked fine, but the performance (USB2) was not the best.
      Now i want to add a ethernet-card to the system.
      Is there a cheap, and simple to install (maybe native?) PCIe Ethernet Networkcard that can be recommended?
      thank you
    • By Discount_Mac
      I have done a semi-successful install of macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on my Dell OptiPlex 3010. When I mean semi-successful, I mean I have some issues left, one of them is Networking.
      Networking, meaning Ethernet, does not seem to work on this machine after installing Mac OS. I've tried installing kext files, reinstalling Sierra, and so on but nothing seems to work, I have an Ethernet cable plugged and it's lights flashing and whatever but the connection does not show up in Sierra.
      My PC Specs are:
      Dell OptiPlex 3010 MT
      Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.40GHz
      AMD Radeon HD 7470
      4GB of RAM
      Realtek RTL8111E
      So, Any Help?
    • By Mieze
      Open source driver for the Realtek RTL8111/8168 family.
      New Driver for Realtek RTL8111
      Anybody who is looking for a add-on network card with Realtek NIC might want to consider the Delock 89357. This card is equipped with a RTL8111E-VL (chipset 16) which is known to work perfectly with my driver because this chipset is my primary test device.