Brightness Control and Sleep not working on Pascal GPU (Nvidia Web Driver)

safar46

28 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i have Laptop with GTX 1070 + Sierra 10.12.4 + installed nvidia web driver beta. It works good, but I don't see brightness slider on Display Preference and sleep not working (only the Display off, CPU is still active because im not see LID blinking). I think it because Nvidia Web Driver Beta build specifically for desktop, not for laptop. I already use ACPIBacklight.kext, IntelBacklight.kext and AppleBacklightInjector.kext. but RehabMan said its for Intel Graphics not Nvidia Graphics.

I cant use Integrated Graphic since it doesn't support Optimus. Thats why i created this thread

• Like 1

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

What ur model Integrated Graphic?

• Like 1

Hi guys, i have Laptop with GTX 1070 + Sierra 10.12.4 + installed nvidia web driver beta. It works good, but I don't see brightness slider on Display Preference and sleep not working (only the Display off, CPU is still active because im not see LID blinking). I think it because Nvidia Web Driver Beta build specifically for desktop, not for laptop. I already use ACPIBacklight.kext, IntelBacklight.kext and AppleBacklightInjector.kext. but RehabMan said its for Intel Graphics not Nvidia Graphics.

I cant use Integrated Graphic since it doesn't support Optimus. Thats why i created this thread

Are you the guy on reddit with the Asus laptop with a standalone GTX 1060 ? Just curious xD

• Like 1

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin

-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222606

-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222609

What ur model Integrated Graphic?

Asus ROG GL502VS, i7-6700hq, no Integrated Graphics (Actually HD 530 if Optimus active), GTX 1070

Here's my file. EFI.zip Send me Ahmad’s MacBook Pro.zip

Are you the guy on reddit with the Asus laptop with a standalone GTX 1060 ? Just curious xD

No I'm not, now my laptops are fully working :D except brightness and sleep

• Like 3

Send me Ioreg with IoregExplorer

Hey, i think this is common issue for all pascal + Gsync laptops without optimus. so 1 fix might fix everyone's prob.

the issue is that our display is detected as external with display port connection and not as LVDS.

sleep works very well with skylake usb fix in rehabman repo. but the display has no brightness slider just as like a generic external display.

i dont think if it's webdriver issue since even if i load with nv_disable = 1, my display is detected as external projector and not internal display.

i have attach my ioreg + clover, let me know if you need more info, and thanks for looking in to this :).

note: im using iMac coz my processor is 6700k and not HQ, the brightness issue is same accross any smbios i have used.(MacbookPro12 - 13,2) etc.

You can check the images too, its detecting internal LCD as these.

also i get kernel panic if i use gpu sensor of fakesmc, if its any relevant to the slep issue.

edit: my display has a eDP connector and not LVDS.

Clover.zip

MyMacBook Pro.zip

post-1399830-0-21708100-1492363849_thumb.png

post-1399830-0-47577400-1492363851_thumb.png

Check

Use all kexts in Clover/kexts/Other

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

hey, thanks. so i placed all the kext and remove the conflicting from S/L/E. but now i cant boot without unticking drop all oem, that means my ssdt wont load right? if i boot with no drop oem ssdt i still dont have any brightness, also now i can see my sound device but no sound. 

only change i have is this portion.

i tried dropping indivisual ssdt drop and can confirm that i get cross-circle error if i use this ssdt "SaSsdt" this contains nvidia PEGP definition seems like the graphic fix didnt worked, thanks alot for taking time tho.

post-1399830-0-43737400-1492445427_thumb.png

NEWMacBook Pro.zip

What ur audio codec?

test ur hdmi audio

send me ioreg

remove drop tables and use patchmatic and extract all SSDTs loaded

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2016-0312.zip

hi, its a ALC898, how can i get the codecs? will post ssdt in few mins.

edit: posted ioreg in the previous post.

edit: here are ssdt from patchmatic.

i do not have hdmi for testing, nor do i need it.

hah.zip

i need ioreg with Clover folder

replace folder, reboot and extract new ioreg

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

for audio i apply id 5, applealc use original AppleHda.kext

I need check ioreg ;)

ok , i'll do now. the ioreg i share was with the clover u posted before. i can boot with drop oem if i replace ssdt-4 with original this ssdt is for nvidia.

im using original AppleHDA. also my laptop has pink, blue, green, and whitish audio jacks if it helps, thanks.

@MaLd0n - now it boots fine without changing settings but still no brightnesslider in the display pref, also there is no sound produced. thanks again for looking into it. here are the ioreg from new clover settings.

@MaLd0n , so i installed yosemite and it seem that it detects my display as internal but brightness still doesnt works as no drivers. tho i cant installed drivers since it only works on 10.12.4 . you think there may be some issue with sierra?

OneMacBook Pro.zip

i need ioreg with Clover folder

replace folder, reboot and extract new ioreg

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

for audio i apply id 5, applealc use original AppleHda.kext

I need check ioreg ;)

hey so i installed new pascal drivers and they fix the nightshift bug but brightness still wont work. thn i this rehabman patch,

its for intel graphics but i change the the IGPU calls to PEGP, this patch loads perfectly as i can see in ioreg, but brightness still not showing/working. can you check this too? thanks.

WithPatchMacBook Pro.zip

WithPatchMacBook Pro 2.zip

hi saviour111, I think were in the same boat except ive got the gl702vm gtx1060.

10.12.4 breaks brightness on acpi,

but pascal drivers dont work on 10.12.3

theres some dsdt patches for asus backlights with NVidia cards,

https://github.com/walkman8196/PC-DSDT-Patches/tree/master/Asus%20notebooks

I also think that AsusACPIBackLightPanel.kext  is needed for these patches

try emlydinesh's g50 or g750 NVidia pnlf patches, they have methods that match my dsdts on most part, I'm reinstalling 10.12.3 as

I think we might also need

look for

GCBL

LBTN

STBR

BCM

BQC

if you can find BCMD in any of your dsdt/ssdt's then use the g750 patch

• Like 1

hi saviour111, I think were in the same boat except ive got the gl702vm gtx1060.

10.12.4 breaks brightness on acpi,

but pascal drivers dont work on 10.12.3

theres some dsdt patches for asus backlights with NVidia cards,

https://github.com/walkman8196/PC-DSDT-Patches/tree/master/Asus%20notebooks

I also think that AsusACPIBackLightPanel.kext  is needed for these patches

try emlydinesh's g50 or g750 NVidia pnlf patches, they have methods that match my dsdts on most part, I'm reinstalling 10.12.3 as

I think we might also need

look for

GCBL

LBTN

STBR

BCM

BQC

if you can find BCMD in any of your dsdt/ssdt's then use the g750 patch

i cant use that patch, i have _BCM method and _BCQ method that has brightness controls comment on them too. but when i apply patch in introduces some other method not in my ssdt so it has compiling errors. please let me know if you fix the brightness on your laptop. 

• Like 1

i apply simple PNLF, my PNLF load com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl

for ur tests, use it

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

Peace

hi MaLd0n, thanks for this. while the dsdt loads the driver, still no brightness bar and no controls. it may very well be something that 10.12.4 introduces that detects pascal base laptops with g-sync as connected with external display. since yosemite doesnt do that for me but no nvidia driver for it :(.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, i think this is common issue for all pascal + Gsync laptops without optimus. so 1 fix might fix everyone's prob.

the issue is that our display is detected as external with display port connection and not as LVDS.

sleep works very well with skylake usb fix in rehabman repo. but the display has no brightness slider just as like a generic external display.

i dont think if it's webdriver issue since even if i load with nv_disable = 1, my display is detected as external projector and not internal display.

i have attach my ioreg + clover, let me know if you need more info, and thanks for looking in to this :).

note: im using iMac coz my processor is 6700k and not HQ, the brightness issue is same accross any smbios i have used.(MacbookPro12 - 13,2) etc.

You can check the images too, its detecting internal LCD as these.

also i get kernel panic if i use gpu sensor of fakesmc, if its any relevant to the slep issue.

edit: my display has a eDP connector and not LVDS.

Dear Sir!

Is your system full QE/CI like this ? 

post-1528555-0-52619400-1495794070_thumb.png