ssdtGen - custom generated SSDTs (x99/z170/z97/h97 systems)

mfc88

203 posts in this topic

HDMI audio still working.

Would you like me to remove dropping PegSsdt and see if HDMI still works and pegp gone plus gfx0?

Try using the ssdtGen's GFX1. Just curious if it works now or if you still need a custom SSDT...

Here's another custom SBUS for you to try...

SSDT-SBUS.aml.zip

Ok this is just with ssdtGen SSDT's

I have also changed to layout 1 in config.plist to help make it easier.

Ill try your last sbus and post result.

Much better! I knew I wasn't going crazy! Since you're using layout id 1, just make sure your sound doesn't cause any long-term issues. 

With latest sbus.

Well hopefully i have helped fix somethings and maybe add some more notes to the op? layout id, add_hdmi in clover etc..

EDIT: i am still yet to put back my sensor kexts.

I lost HDMI audio with the plugins just in CLOVER > Kexts > other but i got it back when adding the plugins to the plugin folder within fakesmc.

Much better! I knew I wasn't going crazy! Since you're using layout id 1, just make sure your sound doesn't cause any long-term issues. 

I could always edit the SSDT-GFX1 and change to layout 5 if needed yeah?

Shane's iMac sbus.zip

Shane's iMac fakesmcplugins.zip

With latest sbus.

Well hopefully i have helped fix somethings and maybe add some more notes to the op? layout id, add_hdmi in clover etc..

I lost HDMI audio with the plugins just in CLOVER > Kexts > other but i got it back when adding the plugins to the plugin folder within fakesmc.

SBUS still missing, let's try this SSDT...

The sensor kexts mutate the devices... recommended not to use them.

With latest sbus.

I could always edit the SSDT-GFX1 and change to layout 5 if needed yeah?

Yes, you can, but only if you run into problems. If problems, decompile .aml to .dsl. Then add layout id property and remove device id property.

Here's the code for layout... 

"layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x05, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                        }  

If you get a package error, then remove hex from inside Package():

Return (Package ()
                    {

SSDT-SBUS.aml.zip

Here you go.

Still empty... no idea why it's not even removing SBUS.

The bright side is that if you don't use any headsets will volume up/volume down buttons, then you really don't need SBUS.

Still empty... no idea why it's not even removing SBUS.

The bright side is that if you don't use any headsets will volume up/volume down buttons, then you really don't need SBUS.

Well i dont use a headset.....yet but what if i choose to later?

Lost HDMI audio.

Updated ssdtGen script. Looks like I was missing a field for SBUS.

Remove most recent SSDT-SBUS. Reboot. Download newest script. Run "Build SBUS" then place gen'd SSDT into patched, then report back with IOREG.

As for audio, add layout id 5 and remove device id in SSDT and add layout 5 in config.plist.

Also, make sure you're placing audio kexts in S/L/E. If you put it in Clover/kexts/other it can be unreliable.

If still having audio issues, switch to option 1 with gen'd GFX1.

Here they all are.

Okay, looks like you need SBUS to be injected a certain way (v5), otherwise it doesn't inject properly. Easy enough to implement.

As far as audio goes, it sounds like a kext issue as HDAU has all properties properly injected.

Move the audio kexts to S/L/E via KextUtility and reboot several times to make sure it works. If not, try rearranging sorted order so that GFX1 is injected after CPUPM ssdt. Or trying removing sorted order all together.

If still problems, switch to option 1.

Looks like there are a few differences between x99 and z170 SBUS... try this SSDT and report back with IOREG...

SSDT-SBUSv9.aml.zip

Hdmi audio works

Missing SBUS... :rolleyes: . Alright looks like your motherboard requires a bit different injection.

Updated the script to reflect these new changes. Remove current SSDT-SBUS. Restart computer. Download new script, then run "Build SBUS", add it to patched, reboot then send IOREG...