HTTPS Support

12 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...

okay, thanks for the feedback.

Are there plans to build such a maintenance team in the near future? That could be their first big project. I'm sure there are some people in this forum that already have some knowledge in that area.

• 2 weeks later...

I can do this,

Letsencrypt autogeneration with dehydrated + nginx update to 1.12 + ssl with http2

(you are still using nginx 1.6.2 lol)

But i wouldn't update the Forum, there are maybe Design incompatibilitys... or the Blog Page... or any other Plugins that are not compatible...

So you can have me as a free Server admin, but i will never do any moderator stuff... Not enough time for this...

Im working as a System Administrator in a big Company...

PM me if there is a need...

Cheers :-)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

While this was planned, we do not have an active site maintenance team at this time so it isn't really feasible

Which also explains why the wiki is also left swamped with spambot accounts. :P

But yeah, some HTTPS support would be nice - I had my message board use a Let's Encrypt SSL cert as I feel like it, though some lament that it could be the next dotTK due to its potential for abuse by phishers.

• 3 months later...

Seriously, this is becoming ridiculous. Let's encrypt is free and takes like four seconds to get a certificate. Can you please do this? Or make me a member of the site team and I will add HTTPS support. If this was any other site I would have stopped using it by now....

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I can do this,

Letsencrypt autogeneration with dehydrated + nginx update to 1.12 + ssl with http2

(you are still using nginx 1.6.2 lol)

But i wouldn't update the Forum, there are maybe Design incompatibilitys... or the Blog Page... or any other Plugins that are not compatible...

So you can have me as a free Server admin, but i will never do any moderator stuff... Not enough time for this...

Im working as a System Administrator in a big Company...

PM me if there is a need...

Cheers :-)

Seriously, this is becoming ridiculous. Let's encrypt is free and takes like four seconds to get a certificate. Can you please do this? Or make me a member of the site team and I will add HTTPS support. If this was any other site I would have stopped using it by now....

the solution is here. We just need an admin to give @Ramalama or @apianti the rights :)