TASK FORCE - [AMD] to missing SSE4.1 Instruction set - older CPUs on macOS Sierra (10.12.x)

spakk

272 posts in this topic

@AXAXAXAXAXAX,

here is the video video result, booting with your last kernel: https://workupload.com/file/rdphVN2

a positive change against the penultimate kernel was that no has occurred "OPEMU UD2" error loop.

but no changes in the boot process against your last kernel, see the two pictures, which I've uploaded above

@Yuqing Deng,

I hope you can fix the problem., good job! :)

• Like 2

I cannot see any thing wrong from test register dump.

How about turn off the interrupt on sse41_run entry and turn it back on when it returns?  This should be better than printf. 

bracket stuff here

https://github.com/Shaneee92/SierraAMD-XNU/blob/master/osfmk/OPEMU/opemu.c#L205

with

pal_cli();

pal_sti();

It gets a kernel panic with that like before without printf.

How about these?

disable_preemption();

enable_preemption();

I get a kernel panic

Kernel-panic_20171028_222400.jpg

I get a kernel panic

I'm getting this kernel panic if I don't use the current version of Enoch.

But with sse41_run between pal_cli(); pal_sti(); or disable_preemption(); enable_preemption(); in opemu.c I'm getting this kernel panic which is the same one like without printf in sse4_run above of switch statement of mnemonic:

post-1299088-0-00631000-1509224819_thumb.jpg

And if I put printf () above sse41_run in opemu.c, I will get the same kernel panic as well.

• Like 1

i am trying to use clover, how do I rebuild kernelacache using the single user mode or the terminal from the gui of the installer? (I am preparing and testing the usb drive on a sse4.1 cpu and the just replace the cpu into the machine, I am using a socket 775 machine, so I have a lot of cpus to play with)

Edit by spakk:

assuming your partition is called "Sierra HD" then enter the following into terminal:

sudo -s

rm -f /Volumes/Sierra-HD/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

touch /Volumes/Sierra-HD/System/Library/Extensions

kextcache -u /Volumes/Sierra-HD

exit

But with sse41_run between pal_cli(); pal_sti(); or disable_preemption(); enable_preemption(); in opemu.c I'm getting this kernel panic which is the same one like without printf in sse4_run above of switch statement of mnemonic:

attachicon.gifIMG_1985.JPG

And if I put printf () above sse41_run in opemu.c, I will get the same kernel panic as well.

how about this one?

• Like 2

Howdy folks.

attachicon.gifIMG_1985.JPG

This means that your pid 1 (the init process, which becomes launchd) has quit, probably because of a seg fault.
I'll answer questions but I'm afraid I don't have the resources to go into a restoration of the OPEMU to modernize it..

-- Sinetek

• Like 1

Howdy folks.

This means that your pid 1 (the init process, which becomes launchd) has quit, probably because of a seg fault.

I'll answer questions but I'm afraid I don't have the resources to go into a restoration of the OPEMU to modernize it..

-- Sinetek

what does that mean, can you help if you have access to the source, or not ?