HELP TOPIC - [RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)

spakk

410 posts in this topic

i got working sleep/wake using kernel rc2 kernel by bronya using clover 4061 and using enoch 2878,,but using kernel rc4 with fakemsr it wont wake from sleeep,,,

Are you getting clover injection to work?    

I ended up having to pull my gtx 970 and swap it for my good ole amd HD 7970 to get the graphics to work.  I had already ran the RyzenPatcher script so I had the updated boot and Kernel.  Rebuilding my machine as I broke the ethernet and usb drivers.

• Like 1

sierra 10,12,5 succes. only use the kernel rc4 and the boot provided by bronya. later use fakesmc (if not use this the boot is hang about 1 minute in appleacpicpu) and  rtl8111 kext for the ethernet. im still waiting to use one gtx 660ti to arrive tomorrow to configure the video (im testing in this moment whit a 8400gs). the usb is working the half of the ports (usb 3,1 and 3,0 its working and only 1 usb 2,0 but the frontal usb 2,0 don't work) but I don't like to use the genericusbxhci (I try another methods to fix this). and the sound is still missing (low priority) because I use a external sound card to produce,

post-1348578-0-48370600-1495050198_thumb.png

• Like 2

sierra 10,12,5 succes. only use the kernel rc4 and the boot provided by bronya. later use fakesmc (if not use this the boot is hang about 1 minute in appleacpicpu) and  rtl8111 kext for the ethernet. im still waiting to use one gtx 660ti to arrive tomorrow to configure the video (im testing in this moment whit a 8400gs). the usb is working the half of the ports (usb 3,1 and 3,0 its working and only 1 usb 2,0 but the frontal usb 2,0 don't work) but I don't like to use the genericusbxhci (I try another methods to fix this). and the sound is still missing (low priority) because I use a external sound card to produce,

Check to see if your iMessage/iCloud works.  Using the Serial C0 for a Mac Pro may give you issues, as I found out.  

• Like 1

hello edwin

your about this Mac Info "CPU : Ryzen 7 1700"  

my about this Mac info "Unknown CPU"

how to get cpu information?

10.12.5 is virtual PC? or out kernel?

can I get 10.12.5 kernel?

@tete001 its a mod that made in the applesyteminfo for that but only its a cosmetic change. you need the 10.12.5 kernel?. dont undersatnd that part. sorry for my bad english.

@RusticPotato i think the icloud dont work whit the chameleon bootloader without filenvram but i dont use this and i dont know how to use. the easy way to use icloud is whit clover but i dont know if clover works whit the ryzen hack.

hello edwin

your about this Mac Info "CPU : Ryzen 7 1700"  

my about this Mac info "Unknown CPU"

how to get cpu information?

10.12.5 is virtual PC? or out kernel?

can I get 10.12.5 kernel?

SIERRA 12.4 and SIERRA 12.5 are using the same kernel there is nothing new to get for Sierra 12.5 upgrade.   Just dp the normal software upgrade from Appstore like on a real Mac or other Hackintosh.

@tete001 its a mod that made in the applesyteminfo for that but only its a cosmetic change. you need the 10.12.5 kernel?. dont undersatnd that part. sorry for my bad english.

@RusticPotato i think the icloud dont work whit the chameleon bootloader without filenvram but i dont use this and i dont know how to use. the easy way to use icloud is whit clover but i dont know if clover works whit the ryzen hack.

not entirely correct. If the values ​​in the kernel are correct, the CPU details are displayed correctly. Everything else is just beauty corrections of wrong entered values ​​in the kernel.

I think Bronya will this correct as soon as AMD publishes the manuals

• Like 1

I managed to install sierra on my AMD Ryzen build but when I boot I am greeted with this screen, does anyone know what to do? When I booted into the installer the same screen flashed for a fraction of a second before continuing. I am using Ryzen 5 1400, asus prime b350 motherboard, R9 380 graphics card and 16gb ram. Thank you :)

post-2081606-0-22661100-1495142942_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone!

I bought a Ryzen 1600 and a Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 mainboard last week.

Some years ago I had some older versions of OSX (Mountain Lion/Mavericks) running on my old Intel PC.

Now i just found this thread on the web and I got very interested into having a Sierra-Hackintosh running on my new hardware.

But to be honest, I really don't know how I did set up my Hackintosh years before so I hope anyone of you could help me to get a new Hackintosh to work.

So far I found out that I have to create a bootable USB stick using my Macbook.

But the thing I really don't know anything about is 1. which kernel or/and other files do I have to put on that stick get a bootable USB installer and 2. where to put these files on the stick and 3. which bootoptions/flags do I have to use for my hardware.

I really hope that anyone of you can help me.

Hello everyone!

I bought a Ryzen 1600 and a Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 mainboard last week.

Some years ago I had some older versions of OSX (Mountain Lion/Mavericks) running on my old Intel PC.

Now i just found this thread on the web and I got very interested into having a Sierra-Hackintosh running on my new hardware.

But to be honest, I really don't know how I did set up my Hackintosh years before so I hope anyone of you could help me to get a new Hackintosh to work.

So far I found out that I have to create a bootable USB stick using my Macbook.

But the thing I really don't know anything about is 1. which kernel or/and other files do I have to put on that stick get a bootable USB installer and 2. where to put these files on the stick and 3. which bootoptions/flags do I have to use for my hardware.

I really hope that anyone of you can help me.

The USB stick for loading will be hard. Create a clone disk or a fresh install using your MacBook on a fresh Ssd or hdd. Then look at the RyzenPatcher thread. It will automatically fix the sierra part of the build. Then on the same thread you can find a basic guide I wrote to get you setup. It took me about ten minutes to do once I had the sierra SSD loaded with a fresh copy. Good luck, it's fairly easy with the patcher just follow the directions closely.

I managed to install sierra on my AMD Ryzen build but when I boot I am greeted with this screen, does anyone know what to do? When I booted into the installer the same screen flashed for a fraction of a second before continuing. I am using Ryzen 5 1400, asus prime b350 motherboard, R9 380 graphics card and 16gb ram. Thank you :)

Did you use a USB installer? You may need to load the bootloader onto the main drive, I've never been able to boot into Sierra using a USB drive once the system is configured and sierra is loaded on main drive.

The USB stick for loading will be hard. Create a clone disk or a fresh install using your MacBook on a fresh Ssd or hdd. Then look at the RyzenPatcher thread. It will automatically fix the sierra part of the build. Then on the same thread you can find a basic guide I wrote to get you setup. It took me about ten minutes to do once I had the sierra SSD loaded with a fresh copy. Good luck, it's fairly easy with the patcher just follow the directions closely.

Did I unterstand right, that I have to install Sierra using my Macbook Air on a fresh SSD/HDD?

So I have a SATA-USB-Adapter here, can I use it for this case? Connect the SSD to my MBA, start the Setup and choose the SSD which is connected via the adapter?

And another question: What is this: http://forum.amd-osx.com/app.php/bbdownloads/sierra.html

Is this an image of a clean Sierra install which I could recover to another SSD/HDD?

Sorry for asking these questions... noob-alert :D

Yes, load the sierra using MacBook and then do update if needed. Then remove the disk and start up using MacBook drive, plug in exterior drive (new install) and run the patcher. Did you find the patcher thread here at IM. If you google RyzenPatcher it will probably lead you to the thread,

Last question before I start installing: Can I start the setup out of my running OSX Sierra using the installer I downloaded from the AppStore or do I have to reboot the Macbook and get into the recovery?

and then do update if needed

So I do have to boot from this new SSD once to set up the user account and download the updates?

Now I have to find the correct bootflags for my hardware...

I tried various options, with "-v npci=0x3000" it seems to boot, after all those lines we're running all over my screen I think I see this grey Apple background flashing for a part of a second and then my monitor shuts down to standby-mode...

Gigamaxx, which flags do you use for your Gigabyte AB350?

My hardware:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3

Video: AMD R9 280X

SSD: Samsung EVO 850 500GB

Busratio=30 (set this for 3000MHz r7 1700, if yours is 3200, 3500 set to 32, 35 etc...) ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1

You can also add -v -f -x -s etc one by one or together in combinations to try to get booted. -v -f are probably most common add ons.

My current flags are busratio=30 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1.