spakk

HELP TOPIC - [RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)

412 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

In my ryzen system, I using rc2 kernel from Bronya with boot flags "-v -f npci=0x2000" as well as CsrActiveConfig=103.

And i am using USB disk as my installation media.

However, i keep getting error: "too many corpses being created."

Does anyone have this problem?

Any tip could help! thanks!

Advertisement

I got it working . I cloned a fresh sierra image and followed instructions by @Gigamaxx thanks. I will attempt to package it up or make a python script to help other people out . Only flag I needed on my system was npci=0x3000.

https://github.com/jaytarang92/ryzenPatcher

I will fix the credits on the github later on tonight after work!

Thanks

@bronya

@Spakk

@GigaMaxx

Edit by spakk:

thx, but I do not want to be mentioned with my nick name, other users have brought a great sacrifice :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: and should be mentioned with their names :)

I got it working . I cloned a fresh sierra image and followed instructions by @Gigamaxx thanks. I will attempt to package it up or make a python script to help other people out . Only flag I needed on my system was npci=0x3000.

https://github.com/jaytarang92/ryzenPatcher

I will fix the credits on the github later on tonight after work!

Thanks

@bronya

@Spakk

@GigaMaxx

Excellent news, anything you can do to help others is a great thing. Thanks for sharing your success and looking forward to your patcher.

Hi everyone,

In my ryzen system, I using rc2 kernel from Bronya with boot flags "-v -f npci=0x2000" as well as CsrActiveConfig=103.

I think you should download the app again from app store and build a new usb installer on simple way.

It may be possible that the app you've uses has a defective content

Hi everyone,

Dart=0 ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 busratio=29 [for 1700, (35 for 1700X 1800x, 1500x, 1600x etc..)] I used an SSD with Sierra installed and bootloader installed on same SSD.

Hi Gigamaxx please share Sierra Files (Extra files, config.plist and kexts )

Thank you.

The bootargs into the org, chameleon.boot.plist should be edited for the appropriate hardware!!!

Dart=0 ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 busratio=29 [for 1700, (35 for 1700X 1800x, 1500x, 1600x etc..)] I used an SSD with Sierra installed and bootloader installed on same SSD.

Busratio and FSB value ==> should always be taken from the BIOS settings or using auxiliary tools such as eg. AIDA64 or CPU-Z......??  to get the exact values

@Gigamaxx, please compare the content with the files that I've sent you, should be differences in my last package, so please mark it

Edit:

The AHCIPortInjector.kext, which is in the USB dummy package located,  should only be useful for ASUS Mainboards, so at least it was under El Capitan required. If errors occur, then delete the AHCIPortInjector.kext

Extra-USB_driver_for_Ryzen.zip

Thank you all!

I finally boot up in my Ryzen system.

BTW, if i want to boot in VirtualBox in my Ryzen system, it gave me SMC error:

yfF4kaB.png

of course i have fakeSMC.kext

and that is probably the reason , since i mentioned it couple days ago , fakesmc is included in bronyas kernel and enochs bootloader , and now your kext on top , 

which i guess conflicts now since it hands out incorrect keys ( values ) so maybe get rid of the fakesmc.kext and try again u wont know its missing..

also make sure u use a correct smbios.plist matching ur specs as much as possible ( or one at all ) 

On the other hand, i enter Sierra installation successfully in VMWare by CLOVER

wZroS9J.png

However after finish installation, I can't boot from CLOVER with same boot flags, VMWare said "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system".

Failed to boot.

and that is probably the reason , since i mentioned it couple days ago , fakesmc is included in bronyas kernel and enochs bootloader , and now your kext on top , 

which i guess conflicts now since it hands out incorrect keys ( values ) so maybe get rid of the fakesmc.kext and try again u wont know its missing..

also make sure u use a correct smbios.plist matching ur specs as much as possible ( or one at all )

I try remove FakeSMC.kext but same result.

k then , but that sounds rather a vm problem than a osx related issue:

check our vm settings , check other vm installs also intel ones and check what they used .

good luck

"The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system".

Failed to boot.

k then , but that sounds rather a vm problem than a osx related issue:

check our vm settings , check other vm installs also intel ones and check what they used .

good luck

that's strange 'cause the Installation successfully, but the installed system failed.

@gigamaxx and @jaytarang92 Got it booted!!! thanks! Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get all of my hardware working properly. I know how to get my graphics working properly but I'm not too sure how to get my NVMESSD working and built in ethernet.

what is the exact value for RYZEN CPU 

busratio=? fsb=?

Any one have this value please

I left both of those out. Seems to work ok without them.

busratio=? fsb=?

The busratio is the GHz of your Ryzen CPU for example the 1700 has a base clock of 3.0 or 2.99 GHz so busratio=29 or 30 would be set, the 1500x I tested had a base clock of 3.5 GHz so I set busratio=35, etc.... find the value for your CPU and that is the value to use. fsb=100 MHz is the standard setting, this is the multiplier setting I believe. It is also reported that it's not necessary so try first without it as mentioned above.

@gigamaxx and @jaytarang92 Got it booted!!! thanks! Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get all of my hardware working properly. I know how to get my graphics working properly but I'm not too sure how to get my NVMESSD working and built in ethernet.

Don't forget to thank Bronya too, without him we would not be able to get past boot=0. And Spakk, he was the glue that held this together and got me started and straightened out a few times. Thanks to both of you again, this would not be possible without you.p

My Gigabyte AB350 has Realtec8111g.    I added that to S/L/E folder and it loads.      Use Chameleon Wizzard or pandoras box to set it the easy way.

The ryzenPatcher is very well done.

very good job, jaytarang92 :)

Edit:

small things could be added or removed:

1) you have forgotten the USB Fix package, which should be inserted into S/L/E

2) and the FakeSMC and NullpowerManagement.kext can also be removed from E/E, because they are located into the kernel.

Edit2:

Furthermore, the Frameworks may not be replaced one-to-one, it will lead to boot problems, because of missing underfiles. This information has already been described under El Capitan. Please insert the frameworks only by using "Merge" into S/L/Frameworks. Please note this in your ryzenPatcher.

Edit3:

I mean this in Gigamaxx Extensions folder was the pmtelemetry.kext renamed into *bak (I can also be wrong, Gigamaxx please check this )

It would be easier to write the pmtelemetry.kext into the blacklist.Then the deleting or renaming of system drivers in S/L/E is superfluous.

should bronya check this in his source

Mine still has the PMTelemetrykext.    I just checked test disk the a_orig Extensions to it has it.    

post-1753549-0-66342000-1493865547_thumb.png

Mine still has the PMTelemetrykext.    I just checked test disk the a_orig Extensions to it has it.

You're right thanks @bronya @spakkk @shaneee and all else who helped. Didn't mean to leave them out. I've figured out how to get my ssd working and my 1060 and my Ethernet just need to test my audio I have the alc1220. Still can't get USB to be recognized in system report tho.

busratio=? fsb=?

Hey chriss, then neglect this two values for the ​​first. If these information are required, then the user can edit these ​​manually into the org.chameleon.boot.plist ( or config.plist)

You're right thanks @bronya @spakkk @shaneee and all else who helped. Didn't mean to leave them out. I've figured out how to get my ssd working and my 1060 and my Ethernet just need to test my audio I have the alc1220. Still can't get USB to be recognized in system report tho.

USB slots:

the usb drives not displayed correctly in system information or do the usb drives( slots) not working?

internal sound card:

I am currently only with my smartphone on the road. Have to research later if there is a possibility to patch the applehda.kext. 

Otherwise you have to use the voodhda.kext. 
or you can use a macOS compatible USB interface.

Hey chriss, then neglect this two values for the ​​first. If these information are required, then the user can edit these ​​manually into the org.chameleon.boot.plist ( or config.plist)

USB slots:

the usb drives not displayed correctly in system information or do the usb drives( slots) not working?

internal sound card:

I am currently only with my smartphone on the road. Have to research later if there is a possibility to patch the applehda.kext. 

Otherwise you have to use the voodhda.kext. 

or you can use a macOS compatible USB interface.

USB works just not being recognized. And I'll be using an external audio interface so I'm mostly good. Still getting working on trying to get this 1060 operational. For some odd reason every time I disable sip it re enables when I reboot so I'm trying to use dsdt but I'm not sure how to use it with chameleon

Please can you give me some instructions how to make bootable usb. I downloaded Sierra from Apple Store and download kernel_rc2_ryzen?

Thanks for help!

Edit by spakk:

it should be so, as shane has explained in his video tutorial for el capitan.
Then add only the contents, as was described in the help topic  ===> into the installer, then install Enoch Bootloader

Shane's video:

Do not use the folders and drivers etc from the video, which are only for El Capitan. Edited by spakk

I still have trouble with ryzen on sierra. I noticed drop in performance {cinebench from 1400 to 650/700} as soon as I install any kext via kext utility. I suppose it's something related to permissions repair. I am trying to investigate further. I don't know if the permission repair is enabling some "bad" kext that caps the cpu in some way. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

I still have trouble with ryzen on sierra. I noticed drop in performance {cinebench from 1400 to 650/700} as soon as I install any kext via kext utility. I suppose it's something related to permissions repair. I am trying to investigate further. I don't know if the permission repair is enabling some "bad" kext that caps the cpu in some way. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

We do not know the real reasons of your problem, unfortunately we have no magic bullet at the hand.

Give more information