Allan

macOS Sierra 10.12.4 (16E195) - Final Release - Updated

54 posts in this topic

I have found that if you run clover install twice (2X) it will load it in the EFI Backups folder on main partition.    If you check after installing clover in the EFi boot partition that the old clover folder gets moved to the EFI Backups folder.    Check to see if the Backup folder has clover 4049 if it has a lower or older version you can install again the same way and it will appear in the backups folder.    you can just delete the old one(S) that appear.    That way if you need to boot into recovery disk you have the same clover configuration.

I just copy the EFI partition to a secure storage on my NAS server. if I ever need to format a USB key with EFI I just prepare it in windows with an installer of some kind (in this case, BD Utility), and then overwrite the contents of the partition with the last known good configuration. I have every EFI backup from r3065 that is known working- up to the latest r4049 that I just pushed to the live EFI partition that gets booted on system start up.

much easier, and i don't need access to OSX or macdrive to retrieve the folder- and i know it works and exactly which version it is. I can access it from any OS or any device.

Advertisement

Updated to 10.12.4, on reboot it freeze on progress bar, booted from Clover USB and just installed Clover 2.4K R4049 without removing pervious installation to SSD and now all is working perfect.

Hint : easy solution ---> i have changed my smbios.plist from iMac12,1 to iMac13,1 --> now night shift is enabled ...

Thanks for sharing this :-) just did that and got NIGHT SHIFT enabled.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By necros
      Hi all, new user here.
      I followed the shilohh guide i7-4930k-asus-rampage-iv-extreme-32gb-ram-gtx-770-4gb-success(and some other guides fresh installing) and everything works great but my cpu is flat at 1.2Mhz. 
      I tried every guide here, in olarila and in "others" but nothing works. Surely I'm doing something wrong but I cannot guess what it is. Also tried nullcpu etc..
      My specs are:
      Rampage IV Extreme
      i7 3930k
      Gtx 980
      Mac OS X 10.12.6
      I made my own SSDT too.
      C1E is enabled.
      I leave my Clover Folder here in case someone can shed some light because I'm starting to be desperate.
      Thank you in advance
      Cheers

CLOVER.zip
    • By WarDoc
      This Post is for helping users with issue that come with Whatevergreen

Feel free to join in and help users if you know your stuff
      also get the dev's of whatever green to join as well

Whatevergreen has a few issues

Multi-monitor Support is lacking as 2 monitors seems to be the limit for some even if the devs say it's not users say it's true

Some Id's are wrong or missing (hence the nano and 390X not working)

some GPU names are wrong ( which has been reported many times)

FOR RYZEN OWNERS with Polaris :
      Modified kext:/S/L/E/AMD9510Controller.kext//Contents/Info.plistfrom:<key>IOPCIMatch</key><string>0x67EF1002</string>to:<key>IOPCIMatch</key><string>0x67FF1002</string> Updating clover to Clover_v2.4k_r4152 and using the config.plist here https://pastebin.com/TYiTEVcMwithbusratio=36 and npci=0x3000 ALSO THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR WHINING in anyway please do not post off topic if you don't like given support in this forum that's all you but majority of use need it.

Source code: repository. FAQ and documentation: link.  
      a real SSDT example https://www.dropbox.com/sh/el66izg1lmk1jiu/AADCZUEjyQyiWWELlmzW2ix-a?dl=0 Credits to Pavo for the hard work of decoding the mess
      Boot argumentsAdd -raddbg to enable debug printing (available in DEBUG binaries).Add -radvesa to disable ATI/AMD video acceleration completely.Add -radoff to disable WhateverGreen.Add -radbeta to enable WhateverGreen on unsupported os versions (10.13 and below are enabled by default).Add -rad24 to enforce 24-bit display mode.Add -radlogo to patch boot logo distortion.Add -raddvi to enable DVI transmitter correction (required for 290X, 370, etc.)Add radpg=15 to disable several power-gating modes (see FAQ, required for 7xxx GPUs). If you Don't Want To use WEG or LILU clover 4297 has a new patch that fixes the same issues without kexts 
      You have to set in config.plist <key>Graphics</key> <dict> <key>RadeonDeInit</key> <true/>
    • By Thereman
      Hello, I'm a noob at installing MacOS on my current PC (which is running Windows 10 x64 Pro).
      Can I do a dual boot with windows 10 and MacOS Mojave? I already have windows 10 installed and I would like to put and MacOS Mojave, can it? If not, should I reinstall from 0 MacOS Mojave and after Windows 10?

P.S: I have already make a topic about "Can I run MacOS" and the export boys on the forum said to me I can run it.
    • By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip
    • By thehexabyte
      Hey all.
      I'm trying to install macOS Sierra on a partition of my main PC (specs below), and I keep running into the same problem. Once I get past the Apple logo and loading bar, it will stick. Whether that's while choosing a language or even before the installer shows up.
      Sometimes I get to the language picker, and when I pick the language and click the next arrow, the words will stop and the button will become greyed out. I can still move my mouse and select languages but nothing else. Or I don't even get to that. Sometimes it just displays the background of the installer with a cursor that I can move. I've waited for ages and nothing happens. Also, sometimes it'll reboot and when it does in verbose mode, it reboots too quickly to see the panic.

Sorry I'm very new to hackintoshes.

Hayden

Specs:
      Intel Core i5-6400
      Intel HD Graphics 530
      8GB DDR3 RAM

The computer is a prebuild HP Pavilion 550-251na Desktop.