• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
LYPSKRATH

Blink Cursor When Attempting To Boot Into Windows 10 Installer In Clover Via USB Flash Drive

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

Okay so I have a successful build of Sierra running on my Hackintosh after a week of breaking my head lol. So now I want to install Windows 10 on a separate hard drive. I created a bootable USB (I believe) using boot camp. However, when I try to select any one of the options in Clover to boot into Windows (I think there are 4 of them) I either get stuck on a blinking cursor, a black screen, or a screen that says Insert CD, DVD.... I am booting in UEFI Mode. What do you think could be the problem?

Cheers!

LYPSKRATH

Well...thanks to coming across a wonderful post I managed to figure it out finally! Not sure what the first option is for when choosing one of the boots at the Clover screen: (as the first option gives the same blinking curser but the last and second Windows option boots into the OS) http://applelives.com/how-to-dual-boot-osx-and-windows-10-uefi-on-separate-drives.html

However, I now have another issue. My external hard drive is not being recognized when I plug it in. It is definitely being powered up but I can't see it in Disk Utility or anywhere else. What might I need to do to get it to work?

Cheers!

LYPSKRATH