Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
A few days ago I faced a problem - installed ocquirks and it somehow breaks my prelinked kernel. System won't boot then, and I spent more than a day restoring from the netatalk backup to copy working prelinked kernel directory from the backup to the s/l
So, my question is - how to relink prelinked kernel without that? I found boot args -f UseKernelCache=No but it didn't work. I was able to boot to the recovery, if that can help.
Hi, i want install MacOS catalina in my laptop.
i created a USB bootable with Catalina and Clover but it crashed at startup.
Thanks in advance.
P.S I upload my EFI’s folder and crash screenshot
Sorry for my bad english.
This is my laptop:
CPU: intel i7 6500U
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520
Ethernet: Realtek FE Family
Wireless: Dell 1820A (BCM94350ZAE)
I have put together this simple little guide for anybody wanting to use a Patched DSDT EFI with the same configuration as me.
This is also a thread to discuss everything Z390 Master and try and help where we can and maybe make things a little better for you.
A huge massive thank you to @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee These three guys have helped me and talked me so much and are as helpful as you could ever get, Without them I wouldn't have a perfect working build like I do or be putting up this Guide & Discussion Thread sharing the hard work and countless hours that we have all put in to this.
This EFI and Patched DSDT have been created to work with a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master using bios revision F11c, 9900k with a 5700 XT but has also been tested and verified fully working with the following Hardware
8600K, 8700, 8700K, 9600K, 9700K, 9900K, 9900KS
RX 560, 570, 580, 590, Vega 56, Vega 64, Radion VII, 5700, 5700 XT
(If you have success with any different CPU or GPU's then please do let me know)
@glasgood Has kindly put together a new simple Catalina install guide so Just Follow He's Guide For a Perfect Install. (glasgood put the guide together for the Z390 Pro but the two boards are so alike that you can follow this guide with no problems at all using the Z390 Master)
• Intel I9 9900k @5.2Ghz
• Gigabyte AORUS Z390 MASTER
• Sapphire Reference RX 5700 XT ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )
• Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB @3600mhz (2 x 16GB)
• Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
• EK Custom Liquid Cooling Loop
• Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD macOS Catalina 10.15.3
• Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
• ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)
• Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic ATX Case
• Ethernet Port
• SSD Trim
• USB 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Open Natively)
• Hardware Acceleration
• Sleep & Wake
• Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
• Netflix on Safari browser
• Sidecar (only works using the iMac19,1 EFI and with your igpu Enabled)
please note - You must flash your Z390 MASTER bios to revision F11c to use any of these EFI's, The DSDT is not designed for any other Bios revision
mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c
PLEASE NOTE - You MUST update to the latest Clover EFI before updating to 10.15.4 or you may find your unable to update.
Clover EFI Updated 06/04/20 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios
Clover Z390 Master Navi Vega 19,1 EFI 060420.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT etc), Radeon VII DSDT EFI
Clover Z390 Master Polaris 19,1 EFI 060420.zip - R5xx Polaris DSDT EFI
CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way
Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU
ADDITIONAL DSDT's (A big thanks to @MaLd0n for compiling these DSDT's)
Alternative EFI - OpenCore v0.5.7, No DSDT and Done the way OpenCore intended it (06/04/2020)
Alternative EFI 2 - N-D-K OpenCore v0.5.7 (06/04/2020)
To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow
(If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)
If Your Not Using File Vault Then Please Disable Hibernate
BroadcomFix.zip (Use these kexts if your Broadcom bluetooth/Wifi isn't working properly)
Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl
BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11C)
• Enter BIOS → Press Delete → Enter Setup
• Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL
• Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
• Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
• Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled
• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup
I have been using clover to install and configuration my Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.6. It's been a struggle and a pain. Can't restart/shutdown/wake from sleep. Random freezes. When freeze happens mouse works but in loading state. UI and open apps freeze not the mouse. I can make the apps smaller and move them.
I haven't used any DSDT nor SSDT. Tried 5 or 6 of them from others but sometimes i end up not booting. Could someone explain me do i even need them and why? Do i need DSDT or SSDT or both?
I'm going to try to install everything OpenCore. The first thing is i can't use a method that needs an internet while installing MacOS cause my ethernet/internet only works when i install MacOS. So i can't use the images i need full installation. Okay i have the full installation for 10.13.6. I need to use a version 10.13.4-6 versions cause application Sketch needs the newer one High Sierra 10.13.4++ version.
Can you tell me? Can i use same kexts from Clover on OpenCore? Secondly how can i install full USB MacOS installer? (High Sierra 10.13.6 version i have is 7gb i think thats it)
Is there a version of AMDHigh Sierra version made from the community for 10.13.4++ version?
If i use the normal 10.13.6 High Sierra should i use this AMD 10.13.6 Kernel when i have installed the MacOS or some other kernel that's better for my system? https://github.com/Shaneee/AMD-High-Sierra-XNU/releases
Whats the best version of High Sierra to use for Ryzen and Nvidia system?
Will it be better to use OpenCore?
Mortar Max B450M
Nvidia GTX 1060
16gb DDR4 2400mhz