1. biricotico

biricotico

2. KRoBot

KRoBot

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fantome1S
      Finaly Success to boot on Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29) with Touchscreen working theres still things to fix but everything is almost working. During the Corvid StayAtHome Period I was able and have time to make this laptop boot on MacOS after a lot of attemps before going back to job. It was the hardest laptop hackintosh install attemp i've done so far and Sierra OS is the only that works. I tried El Capitan and Mojave and its never boot so I not even tested Catalina. I searched on the web and theres no install guide for this specific laptop or no Success install post on this laptop its look like a not very well supported laptop by hackintosh. Maybe some of you can help me correct the things that still not work. Audio work but with voodo (low sound and low quality) I want to make it work with AppleALC to get better quality sound. Thanks in advance

Things that work:

-Touchscreen
      -Trackpad (not the gesture for now) - Backlight Keyboard
      -EthernetPort and Wireless (with a wifi dongle. I will change to a broadcom wifi mini-pci chip)
      -Brightness Controls with FN key
      -Audio Voodoo ''low sound'' (will tried to change to AppleALC or AppleHDA fix method) 
      -USB 3.0

Things that not work or need to be fixed:

-Weird double long booting screen-first loading bar on the right. after real loading bar is visible ?
      -Audio (Voodoo) work but with low volume sound- still not success to make work AppleALC.kext method
      -SENSORS -CPU-HDD Temperatures, BATTERY LEVEL, ETC…
      - Sleep (Disabled): USB ports not works after wake from sleep
      -Trackpad Gestures

Hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3687U, 2100 MHz
      GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
      RAM: 12 GB (4GB soldered + 8 GB Samsung DDR3 1600)
      Motherboard/Laptop model: Intel Panther Point QM77, Intel Ivy Bridge - (HP Revolve 810 G1)
      Audio Codec: IDT 92HD91BXX @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller
      Ethernet Card: Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
      Wifi/BT Card: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235
      HP hs2350 HSPA+ MobileBroadband Network Adapter
    • By AudioGod
      I have put together this simple little guide for anybody wanting to use a Patched DSDT EFI with the same configuration as me.
      This is also a thread to discuss everything Z390 Master and try and help where we can and maybe make things a little better for you. 

A huge massive thank you to @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee These three guys have helped me and talked me so much and are as helpful as you could ever get, Without them I wouldn't have a perfect working build like I do or be putting up this Guide & Discussion Thread sharing the hard work and countless hours that we have all put in to this.   

This EFI and Patched DSDT have been created to work with a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master using bios revision F11c, 9900k with a 5700 XT but has also been tested and verified fully working with the following Hardware

CPU's
      8600K, 8700, 8700K, 9400K, 9600K, 9700K, 9900K, 9900KS (All KF Models work but use SMBios iMacPro1,1 instead)

GPU's
      RX 560, 570, 580, 590, Vega 56, Vega 64, Radion VII, RX 5500, 5500 XT, 5600, 5600 XT, 5700, 5700 XT
      (If you have success with any different CPU or GPU's then please do let me know)

@glasgood Has kindly put together a new simple Catalina install guide so Just Follow He's Guide For a Perfect Install. (glasgood put the guide together for the Z390 Pro but the two boards are so alike that you can follow this guide with no problems at all using the Z390 Master)

HARDWARE USED
      • Intel I9 9900k @5.2Ghz
      • Gigabyte AORUS Z390 MASTER
      • Sapphire Reference RX 5700 XT ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB @3600mhz (2 x 16GB)
      • Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
      • EK Custom Liquid Cooling Loop
      • Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD macOS Catalina 
      • Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
      • ABWB BCM94360CS2 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)   
      • Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic ATX Case

WORKING
      • Sound 
      • Ethernet Port
      • WiFi
      • SSD Trim
      • USB 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Open Natively)
      • AirDrop
      • iCloud
      • Hardware Acceleration
      • iMessages
      • Facetime
      • Sleep & Wake
      • Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
      • Handoff
      • Netflix on Safari browser
      • Continuity
      • Sidecar (only works using the iMac19,1 EFI and with your igpu Enabled)

EFI FOLDERS  
      please note - You must flash your Z390 MASTER bios to revision F11c to use any of these EFI's, The DSDT is not designed for any other Bios revision
      mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c 

CLOVER & OPENCORE EFIs 
      Current EFIs Updated 01/06/2020

Clover EFI Update v5118 - 01/06/2020 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

Clover Z390 Master Navi Vega EFI 010620.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT etc), Radeon VII DSDT EFI
      Clover Z390 Master Polaris EFI 010620.zip - RX500 Polaris Series (RX590, 580, 570 etc) DSDT EFI

Please Note - I have now set KernelPM to No as standard so if you don’t have a unlocked MSR or not using my MSR Unlocked Bios Profile then go into the Clover Config.plist and set KernelPM to Yes or you won’t be able to boot up. An even better fix would be to unlock your MSR using my profile method.

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

OpenCore EFI Update v0.5.9 - 01/06/2020
      Myself and @texem have now created a OpenCore EFI done the way the OpenCore Devs intended it to be made, There is no DSDT in use so you can use this EFI on any supported GPU and the SSDTs have been made so they will not be used in any other Operating System apart from MacOS.

OpenCore 059 Z390 Master 19,1 010620.zip - OpenCore v0.5.9, SMBios iMac19,1
      OpenCore 059 Z390 Master 1,1 010620.zip - OpenCore v0.5.9, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.
      Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.5.9. Use the new Config.plist instead.

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F11c Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 
      Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU

ADDITIONAL DSDT's (A big thanks to @MaLd0n for compiling these DSDT's)

To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow
      https://www.olarila.com/forum/17-dsdt-patch-requests/
      (If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)

If Your Not Using File Vault Then Please Disable Hibernate
      disablehibernate.command

ADDITONAL DOWNLOADS
      mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f10
      Clover
      Clover Configurator
      Kext Updater
      RepairPermissions

OPTIONAL DOWNLOADS
      BroadcomFix.zip   (Use these kexts if your Broadcom bluetooth/Wifi isn't working properly)
      Hackintool
      IORegistryExplorer
      Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11C)

• Enter BIOS → Press Delete → Enter Setup
      • Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL
      • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
      • Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
      • Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup

SCREENSHOTS

OpenCore 058 Z390 Master 1,1 040520.zip
    • By miliuco
      Install macOS 10.15 Catalina on Gigabyte P55-USB3 with Radeon RX 580 graphics card using a USB device created with the createinstallmedia command and Clover as bootloader. Instructions to install macOS 10.14 Mojave on this computer are almost identical, replacing Catalina app with Mojave, so this article is suitable for both versions of macOS. The Gigabyte P55-USB3 motherboard (and some others from the same brand with the P55 / H55 chipset) have made it easy to build a hackintosh and install macOS since 10 years ago. Although it is an old motherboard, the behavior with Mojave or Catalina is very good after changing the classic hard drive (HDD) for a solid state drive (SSD).

Components of the hackintosh
      Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 motherboard: P55 chipset, 1156 socket, ALC892 audio, Gigabit RTL8111D network, DDR3 RAM Intel Core i5-750 processor for socket 1156: 4 cores, 8MB cache, clock rate 2.66 GHz Fenvi FV-T919 wireless + Bluetooth card: PCI-Express, wifi is ac type, detected by macOS as Airport and Apple Bluetooth Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics card: works OOB but with a few details to be considered, it has its own article.  
      Previous requirements
      Install macOS Catalina app in /Applications folder USB flash drive with at least 16GB prepared from Disk Utility with MBR partition scheme and formatted as Mac Os Plus (on older Gigabyte boards like mine, USB sticks partitioned with GUID scheme instead of MBR usually hang the system when booting) Recent version of Clover (I have used r5117) Recent versions of Lilu (at least 1.4.4) and WhateverGreen (at least 1.3.9) to fine-tune the behavior of the graphics card Recent version of RealtekRTL8111 (I have used 2.2.2) FaceSMC version 6.26-322 (newer versions disable automatic mounting of USB devices on my system).  
      Create install USB
      Run this command from Terminal (assuming the target device is called USB):
      Bash: sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app
      Clover must be installed on the USB memory, I choose the following options:
      Bootloader > Install boot0af on the MBR CloverEFi > CloverEFI 64-bit SATA BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > Recommended drivers > FSInject + SMCHelper + XhciDxe BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > File System drivers > ApfsDriverLoader Install RC scripts on selected volume Optional RC scripts > Disable sleep proxy client.  
      You have to copy 4 kexts to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder of the USB device: FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 and RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2. Regarding the config.plist file, the most significant is:
      Boot > kext-dev-mode = 1 in Boot arguments GUI > Theme embedded, EmbeddedThemeType Dark, Screen Resolution 1920x1080, Preboot in Hide Volume Graphics > blank, nothing is checked except if foxbox solution is used to have more than 2 connectors enabled RT Variables > 0x28 in BooterConfig and 0x67 in CsrActiveConfig SMBios > iMac14,2 Sytem Parameters> Yes in Inject Kexts and check Inject System ID.  
      Install macOS Catalina

Boot from the USB device and choose Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina. The installation program runs until the PC restarts. Here choose Install macOS from HDD (the name of the volume you are installing macOS on). With RX 580 graphics card, the screen goes black in this second phase of the installation, it is a phase in which the user has nothing to do until the PC is restarted so you can let it work until the Clover menu again. You have to choose Boot macOS from HDDto boot the installed system from the hard disk, the screen is recovered and you can configure the account and the initial options. From this moment the screen works fine.

In summary:
      Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina > screen works fine Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from HDD > black screen Boot from USB > Clover menu > Boot macOS from HDD > screen works fine.  
      Install Clover and kexts on the hard drive

Clover needs to be installed on the disk where we just installed macOS. Options are the same as when installing it on the USB memory. You also have to copy the 4 kexts (FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 and RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2) into the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition of the disk. And review the config.plist file remembering the comments for the USB.

If everything goes well, the computer starts from the hard disk with a running copy of macOS Catalina.

• By miliuco
      Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics card on macOS High Sierra (as of 10.13.6), Mojave and Catalina on the P55-USB3 board: excellent performance with acceleration (Metal) OOB, no need for drivers (kexts), with 3 drawbacks, one has to do with the boot of the operating system (a solution is proposed), another with the number of rear connectors enabled (a solution is proposed) and another that only affects to one phase of the Mojave or Catalina installation (without clear solution for now).

I have placed the XFX AMD Radeon RX-580 P8DFD6 8GB Triple X Edition GDDR5, 256BIT, DVI + HDMI + 3DP graphics card on a 10 year old motherboard (Gigabyte P55-USB3) in order to update the hackintosh to 10.14 Mojave and 10.15 Catalina because the card that I have used in past years, Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 1GB, has stopped working after 10.13.6 High Sierra since this was the last version for which Nvidia published the alternate web drivers that were necessary for the card to work well with graphic acceleration.

The new RX 580 card needs considerably more space than the old one although it fits perfectly in an ATX case, and requires an additional power connector. It has 2 big fans that most of the time are stopped, at least in my case. In macOS it works perfectly, even with Metal acceleration, without additional drivers and without extra settings in Clover. But it has drawbacks that I comment below.

Alterations during startup

During the boot of the operating system, when the screen goes from the basic driver to the AMD driver, 2 artifacts appear randomly, they are very short in duration (from one to a few seconds):
      Very short flashing white screen that may or may not be accompanied by purple lines The fans runs for a few seconds (the noise is clearly audible). This behavior is solved with the installation of 2 kexts, Lilu and WhateverGreen. Lilu is an extension created by acidantheraand vit9696 among others whose function is to help to patch kexts, processes and libraries during macOS boot. It is accompanied by specific plugins for the task required, for example WhateverGreen that injects necessary patches for certain AMD, Intel and Nvidia graphics cards. It is mandatory to have both extensions together, one of them separately does not correct the problem.
      I have installed Lilu 1.4.4 and WhateverGreen 1.3.9 in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder of the EFI partition and artifacts have disappeared. Remember that these 2 extensions are not necessary for the card to work properly, if you tolerate those very brief distortions of the screen or the noise of the fans running for a few seconds, you can live without Lilu and WhateverGreen.

Note: authors recommend that when using Lilu and WhateverGreen with Radeon cards, NO graphic settings have to be added to Clover (Inject ATI, etc.).

Note: these alterations, especially the brief white screen and less frequently purple lines and fan noise, are also seen in Windows and some real Macs with the same card.

Alteration during macOS installation

Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina > screen works fine
      Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from MacintoshHD > black screen
      Booting from USB > Clover menu > Boot macOS from MacintoshHD > screen works fine.

In the first and third stages, screen works fine. In the second stage the screen goes black although the installation continues. The user has nothing to do at this moment so you can leave the PC working until the Clover menu is shown again, the screen is recovered, the initial account options can be configured and you can enter into the newly installed system with correct resolution and acceleration.
      This behavior is not corrected even by placing Lilu and WhateverGreen into the USB device. At least in my case I have not found a solution for it. Yo can install macOS perfectly with that drawback of not seeing how it progresses during the second phase of the installation.

Only 2 connectors of the 5 available work

This card has 3 Display Port (DP) ports, 1 HDMI port and 1 DVI port. In my case, only 2 DP work, those that are further from the HDMI connector. It is enough if you use a single monitor or 2 monitors that can be connected by DP. But if you want to have 3 or more connected devices or some of them only have HDMI, it is necessary to enable the 5 connectors or at least 4 of them since the DVI is obsolete and does not allow resolutions as high as DP and HDMI.
      User foxbox has proposed a solution in a thread titled [Solved] Sapphire RX 580 Nitro + SE | black screen on HDMI and DVI. Must inject from Clover a modification to the Orinoco framebuffer (which is used in the RX 580 card) so that the 5 connectors lack a fixedly assigned address and, instead, receive it dynamically. This change is made from the KextsToPatch section of Clover. Read the post from foxbox.
      This has to be accompanied by 3 changes in the Graphics section of Clover: Orinoco in FB Name / Inject ATI / 5 in Video Ports. I have tested this solution in macOS Catalina and it effectively enables the 5 ports of the card but, since I only use 1 monitor, I have removed it and I am with Lilu and WhateverGreen.

• By zazman
      Bonjour,

Je rencontre un souci depuis la dernière maj supplémentaire catalina 10.15.4, même chose pour la 10.15.5 aujourd'hui : après le début de l'update, lorsque le pc redémarre, je ne vois pas le volume d'installation dans les volumes de l'écran de boot clover (v5118). j'ai juste Preboot dans les volumes cachés au démarrage, et j'ai essayé de les afficher, le préboot de l'install apparait bien mais le boot n'aboutit jamais par ce biais. du coup, je suis bloqué en 10.15.4. Auriez-vous une idée du problème ?